Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Predictions for the new season 14:03 - Jul 30 with 4710 viewspaulparker

Totally bored at work and with the world cup a distant memory me and 5 lads have pulled a £20 kitty each on who will finish where and who will win what with the winner getting all the cash for the most predictions , so with the new season approaching im curious to know how all the footballing brains on here think it will go , ive had the following

Premier league Winners : City
2nd Liverpool
3rd Arsenal
4th Man Utd (just)

Relegated
Cardiff
Watford
Huddersfield

Fa cup: Chelsea
League cup : Man utd
Champions league :Juventus (you can see Ronaldo doing it again )

Championship : Stoke to win
Boro 2nd
Leeds in the play offs ( I think they will be dark horses )

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Predictions for the new season on 14:51 - Jul 30 with 3859 viewssmegma

At 5pm this Saturday there will be serious moaning on here.

Lose. Suicidal moans.

Draw. Moans about we should have won.

Win. Moans that we should have won by more goals.
Predictions for the new season on 14:54 - Jul 30 with 3846 viewsNorthernr

Don't give a single sht about the first bit but our Championship preview (out tomorrow!) also has Stoke and Boro top two, with West brom, Forest, Brentford and A N Other in the play offs. Rotherham, Bolton and one of Birmingham, Reading or Hull going down.
Predictions for the new season on 15:06 - Jul 30 with 3822 viewsisawqpratwcity

Predictions for the new season on 14:51 - Jul 30 by smegma

Lose. Suicidal moans.

Win by impressive number of goals: McClaren is just a big show-off.

(I'm tipping a two-nil loss, btw.)

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Predictions for the new season on 15:12 - Jul 30 with 3815 viewsstevec

Stoke/Boro and think Villa thereabouts if the money problems have been solved.

For those who like a bet, I've found trebles of EFL top six (7 places in League Two) paid off well over the last couple of seasons. Odds are short but 3 even money shots pays 7/1.

That said, I'm struggling with picks for the two bottom Divisions this time round.

League One - Sunderland
League Two - Notts Co or Lincoln
Predictions for the new season on 15:16 - Jul 30 with 3799 viewsNorthernr

Predictions for the new season on 15:12 - Jul 30 by stevec

For those who like a bet, I've found trebles of EFL top six (7 places in League Two) paid off well over the last couple of seasons. Odds are short but 3 even money shots pays 7/1.

That said, I'm struggling with picks for the two bottom Divisions this time round.

League One - Sunderland

Yeh I think Notts County will piss it this season.
Intrigued by Sunderland. Despite the mess they're in, one would think a club in League One with a Premier League parachute payment that big should be alright!
Predictions for the new season on 15:25 - Jul 30 with 3771 viewsstevec

Predictions for the new season on 15:16 - Jul 30 by Northernr

Yeh I think Notts County will piss it this season.
Intrigued by Sunderland. Despite the mess they're in, one would think a club in League One with a Premier League parachute payment that big should be alright!

Yes, Sunderland one of the reasons I'm struggling with that Division, I just keep seeing the name and League One and thinking surely they must have reached rock bottom.
Predictions for the new season on 16:53 - Jul 30 with 3697 viewsterryb

League One - Sunderland

Villa are running out of time to sign all of the players they require.

It seemed that half of last season's team were on loan & are no longer at the club.

If they do buy big, they will have to be promoted or the mire will be very deep.
Predictions for the new season on 21:03 - Jul 30 with 3486 viewsBoston

Predictions for the new season on 14:51 - Jul 30 by smegma

Lose. Suicidal moans.

Christ, haven't we had enough remoaners threads!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

Predictions for the new season on 21:11 - Jul 30 with 3471 viewsBoston

1. Stoke
2. Swansea
3. West Brom

Predictions for the new season on 21:24 - Jul 30 with 3440 viewsLblock

League One - Sunderland

Share / Talk us through those bets... I'm intrigued

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Predictions for the new season on 21:29 - Jul 30 with 3428 viewsLblock

I predict...

I will make at least 7 "must win" statements and have a dozen negative breakdowns

We'll finish 6th and win the play offs (DARK HORSES!).... Monday drinking. Love it!

Sjoke will win it

BazzaIntheLoft will label me a racist 3 to 7 times during the season (buy that one)

Someone will get threatened with a shotgun at least once

The Frankie thread will continue like a house steam train

Disco will make two exits and return fresher and better for both

I alos predict the Queen Adelaide sausage rolls willnow cost #9.70 each and I'll be lagging in there minimum 14 times this season

BRING IT!!!

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Predictions for the new season on 21:38 - Jul 30 with 3412 viewsrsonist

Not quite so sure about Boro, think they may struggle for goals. Then again Flint under Pulis will probably score 20...
Predictions for the new season on 22:11 - Jul 30 with 3348 viewsBoston

Predictions for the new season on 21:29 - Jul 30 by Lblock

I predict...

I will make at least 7 "must win" statements and have a dozen negative breakdowns

We'll finish 6th and win the play offs (DARK HORSES!).... Monday drinking. Love it!

Sjoke will win it

BazzaIntheLoft will label me a racist 3 to 7 times during the season (buy that one)

Someone will get threatened with a shotgun at least once

The Frankie thread will continue like a house steam train

Disco will make two exits and return fresher and better for both

I alos predict the Queen Adelaide sausage rolls willnow cost #9.70 each and I'll be lagging in there minimum 14 times this season

BRING IT!!!

Any chance of a little more info on the sausage rolls?

Predictions for the new season on 22:27 - Jul 30 with 3330 viewsthame_hoops

Blackburn will be a surprise team this year and challenge for promotion
Predictions for the new season on 22:47 - Jul 30 with 3299 viewsSnipper

Earlier today, I browsed a few messageboards from the Championship to see what they predict for this season.

The highest anybody had us finish was 15th. And that was only one person. There were a few 16ths, but mainly 18th-21st. One had us to be relegated.

I actually like the idea that we’re going into the season very much under the radar. I think we’ll do much better than those predictions.

FWIW, I think Stoke will win it. Sheffield Utd are a great e/w bet @ 28/1.

Oh yeah, fúck the Premier League. I couldn’t give a toss about it.
Predictions for the new season on 22:57 - Jul 30 with 3283 viewsSimonJames

Stoke
Swansea
Brizzle (Play offs)

We will finish 12th
[Post edited 31 Jul 2018 14:59]

100% of people who drink water will die.

Predictions for the new season on 23:05 - Jul 30 with 3272 viewskensalriser

I predict the relegated sides won't do as well as many are touting.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Predictions for the new season on 23:22 - Jul 30 with 3254 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Predictions for the new season on 23:05 - Jul 30 by kensalriser

I predict the relegated sides won't do as well as many are touting.

Going on recent season's showings, it would be more of a surprise if they all do well.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Predictions for the new season on 10:26 - Jul 31 with 3082 viewsstevec

Predictions for the new season on 21:24 - Jul 30 by Lblock

Share / Talk us through those bets... I'm intrigued

I tend to use Betfair/Coral/Ladbrokes but if you look for 'Outrights' tag you'll find betting on top six (Championship/League One) and top seven (League Two).

You can match them into doubles/trebles whatever you like, usually by Division (Last season I tried to put Fulham and Villa as part of a treble but it wouldn't accept 2 teams from same Division). If anyone finds one that does accept that, be sure to let us know!

Odds are short, hence the use of trebles. What I've found works (so far) is avoid looking for chancy big prices. For instance last season went for Luton and Blackburn as certainties. At League Two level, if you've got 2 good forwards you'll do well plus Luton were a strong side the previous year. League One, Blackburn had a reasonable squad and added a couple of decent signings, Dack comes to mind. I also loosely use how teams ventured in the first half of previous season against their second half of season.
In Blackburn's case, their last 23 games in Championship had them in 14th place, no where near relegation. That alone shouldn't persuade you but fact they added to squad, didn't lose many players and were 'Blackburn', a big name at that level gives an edge.

Don't take second half of season performances in isolation though, in the lower leagues that is often skewed by mass introduction of loanees, who then leave the side at the end of the season. For instance Oldham would have finished their second half of season third previous season, lost the lot of their loanees and went down instead.

Fulham were another nailed on from previous season, by far the best footballing side. Was a bit of a shock their first half of season though! Villa had loans and signings that were top end Championship.

Ability and signings aside, if a side looks historically too big for the Division they generally are. Coventry dropping to League Two seemed a drop too far, likewise for that reason alone, Sunderland are a similar proposition.

If you're still reading, a couple of other things. A lot of bookies leave one Division out until virtually the last day before kick off, don't be put off if not on there yet. Also, it looks a lot more difficult to pick a stand out side, certainly in Leagues One and Two.

I'm not suggesting QPR for one minute but... our second half of season was way better than the first half (18th / 11th). One of the reasons I find it heartbreaking the club are so stumped for cash, a couple of decent signings and who knows what might have happened? As it stands, DON'T!

Good luck anybody who has a punt.
Predictions for the new season on 10:42 - Jul 31 with 3069 viewsRblockPrior

Prem top 4:
City
Liverpool
United
Arsenal

Championship top 6;
Stoke
Forest
Derby
West Brom
Middlesboro
Villa
(QPR 12th)

League 1
Sunderland winners
Charlton
Portsmouth

League 2
Swindon
MK Dons
Colchester

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Predictions for the new season on 13:30 - Aug 1 with 2860 viewskingsburyR

Sportinglife.com has us as the best bet for relegation in the Championship at 9/2.

Slight relief there as their football tipsters are the worst in the business!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Predictions for the new season on 07:10 - Aug 3 with 2716 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Early part of this year, I said that this coming season concerned me more.

So I predict this: get through this season relatively unscathed, and we’ll start doing ok and we’ll become a stronger mid-table outfit. From that, we can build despite the yoke of Tony Pony’s profligate years around our neck and going forward, I can see us strengthen with time. That said, our issues with securing managerial stability will be crucial.

A season battling relegation and if we don’t go down, then we will eventually succumb in 2020.

Thing is, as of the day before it kicks off, I have absolutely no fricking idea as to where we’ll finish this season. But much if not all, will depend on the fan base’s support- get on their backs after a poor start, it’ll get ugly.

C’mon my team!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Predictions for the new season on 13:53 - Jul 28 with 1943 viewsSimonJames

Predictions for the new season on 22:57 - Jul 30 by SimonJames

Stoke
Swansea
Brizzle (Play offs)

We will finish 12th
[Post edited 31 Jul 2018 14:59]

I got that prediction horribly wrong. So in the continuing spirit of blind optimism I'll predict we finish 10th.

And Cardiff, WBA and Middlesborough to go up.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Predictions for the new season on 14:41 - Jul 28 with 1857 viewsLazyFan

Predictions for the new season on 13:53 - Jul 28 by SimonJames

I got that prediction horribly wrong. So in the continuing spirit of blind optimism I'll predict we finish 10th.

And Cardiff, WBA and Middlesborough to go up.

Up:
Cardiff
WBA
Brizzle

Down:
QPR
Luton
Barnsley

We have had to make too much change and if Hugnill gets injured we have no real quality backup. We are in big trouble, but I understand FFP has forced our hands. If we stay up Warbs and the rest have done a great job.

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzz

Predictions for the new season on 14:46 - Jul 28 with 1831 viewsloftboy

I’m going to do an acca before the season starts

PL Man City
Championship WBA
Lg1 Sunderland
Lg2 Plymouth

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024