Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Linford Christie Stadium 11:18 - Aug 6 with 26629 viewsFearless

https://www.standard.co.uk/go/london/attractions/linford-christie-sports-stadium

Clive, please delete or move as you see fit
[Post edited 6 Aug 2018 11:19]
Linford Christie Stadium on 11:23 - Aug 6 with 10435 viewsNorthernr

Well that'll be why Hoos and Fernandes have been publicly pressuring the council in the last week then.
Linford Christie Stadium on 11:28 - Aug 6 with 10400 viewsMaggsinho

I see Populous are behind the plan, didn't we appoint them to look at our new stadium too?
Linford Christie Stadium on 11:35 - Aug 6 with 10352 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Linford Christie Stadium on 11:28 - Aug 6 by Maggsinho

I see Populous are behind the plan, didn't we appoint them to look at our new stadium too?

Sssshh!
Linford Christie Stadium on 11:36 - Aug 6 with 10351 viewsdaveB

Odd place to put a concert venue when Wembley Arena and Stadium is around the corner. Hopefully the council see sense and build the stadium which would be far more beneficial to the community than a concert hall
Linford Christie Stadium on 11:43 - Aug 6 with 10299 viewsWrightUp5hit___

Doesn't the Bruce Rioch Memorial Stadium have a concert hall attached
Linford Christie Stadium on 11:46 - Aug 6 with 10271 viewsToast_R

If ever there was something the area didn't need...
Linford Christie Stadium on 11:55 - Aug 6 with 10228 viewshopphoops

I don't want New Scrubs, the Scrubs as a plan won't get no vote from me, on the inaccessible side of the Central Line, with the Hammy and HMP.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Linford Christie Stadium on 12:18 - Aug 6 with 10106 viewsstevec

In many ways this is the perfect spot for a football stadium.

Can't think of any residents having a legitimate grievance with acres of common land remaining untouched to the North, two sides surrounded by railway lines, and Hammersmith Hospital and the prison covering the South side.

If Brentford and Wimbledon can find a piece of land it'll be shameful if the club can't pull this off.
Login to get fewer ads

Linford Christie Stadium on 12:30 - Aug 6 with 10006 viewsJuzzie

Linford Christie Stadium on 12:18 - Aug 6 by stevec

In many ways this is the perfect spot for a football stadium.

Can't think of any residents having a legitimate grievance with acres of common land remaining untouched to the North, two sides surrounded by railway lines, and Hammersmith Hospital and the prison covering the South side.

If Brentford and Wimbledon can find a piece of land it'll be shameful if the club can't pull this off.

It's not just about the club though. If the authorities don't want one and don't grant planning permission then there's bugger all we can do however hard we tried.

It only makes sense to us because we want one and we don't live there. Just look at the years of hassle over Warren Farm.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2018 12:31]
Linford Christie Stadium on 12:40 - Aug 6 with 9937 viewsstevec

Linford Christie Stadium on 12:30 - Aug 6 by Juzzie

It's not just about the club though. If the authorities don't want one and don't grant planning permission then there's bugger all we can do however hard we tried.

It only makes sense to us because we want one and we don't live there. Just look at the years of hassle over Warren Farm.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2018 12:31]

Get what you're saying but I'm non plussed how a music venue could get built there over a football stadium which could probably facilitate a music venue anyway.

Think the only people living there are the other side of Little Scrubs, Peabody if memory serves.

I can't help worrying that the clubs owners haven't quite got their hearts in this to the level Brentford's and Wimbledon did.

We need TF to answer what comes top of his list of priorities, a lucrative house building development or QPR football club.
Linford Christie Stadium on 12:45 - Aug 6 with 9909 viewsdaveB

Linford Christie Stadium on 12:40 - Aug 6 by stevec

Get what you're saying but I'm non plussed how a music venue could get built there over a football stadium which could probably facilitate a music venue anyway.

Think the only people living there are the other side of Little Scrubs, Peabody if memory serves.

I can't help worrying that the clubs owners haven't quite got their hearts in this to the level Brentford's and Wimbledon did.

We need TF to answer what comes top of his list of priorities, a lucrative house building development or QPR football club.

the man is already a multi millionaire so i doubt a building development will be worth that much to him. They are desperate for a new stadium as it's the only way they can stop losing millions of their own money each year
Linford Christie Stadium on 12:52 - Aug 6 with 9858 viewsessextaxiboy

Linford Christie Stadium on 12:45 - Aug 6 by daveB

the man is already a multi millionaire so i doubt a building development will be worth that much to him. They are desperate for a new stadium as it's the only way they can stop losing millions of their own money each year

Isnt there a covenant on LR for leisure only ? If they lifted that then TF and Co could do the development there.
Linford Christie Stadium on 12:54 - Aug 6 with 9831 viewsDavieQPR

Perhaps this is our backhanded way of saying if you don't let us build
a football ground then you are going to get a noisy concert stadium with
thousands of young people.
Linford Christie Stadium on 12:57 - Aug 6 with 9797 viewsessextaxiboy

Linford Christie Stadium on 12:54 - Aug 6 by DavieQPR

Perhaps this is our backhanded way of saying if you don't let us build
a football ground then you are going to get a noisy concert stadium with
thousands of young people.

Maybe a story put out by the council to get more cash from TF and Co, or to appear to the council tax payers that there was a bidding contest and we were not just a shoe in .
Linford Christie Stadium on 12:59 - Aug 6 with 9777 viewshopphoops

Linford Christie Stadium on 12:40 - Aug 6 by stevec

It's as realistic and close-to-the-bush as any site, and having a both stadium and a concert venue would work fine in justifying shared infrastructure; but I can't see past that soulless hinterland of Carrow Road with its fake pubs and TGI-Friday-alikes.

Having said that, I complain about the legroom with the best of them. There's no pleasing some people :)

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.

Linford Christie Stadium on 13:12 - Aug 6 with 9669 views2Thomas2Bowles

I've never believed the owners were really interested in the LCS just pissy PR to the fans after losing any chance at OOC.

And the Council have no interest in helping out rich owners that have fecked up running QPR.

This parrot is dead.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2018 13:16]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Linford Christie Stadium on 13:24 - Aug 6 with 9584 viewsBostonR

I have been in the world of propert/development investment for many years - money talks. Local councils are squeezed for cash in this country and across Europe. The local authority in Hammersmith and Fulham do not have the cash to fund “nice things’ so arenas and stadiums need investment. There is no shortage of investment money in the UK and I know the QPR board have deep pockets. So one of two things is happening. A new investor has entered an interest or TF and LH are driving a tough deal with the Council and they think they can do better. That is a dangerous investment game to play when perhaps only one interested party has shown the money which I suspect is the QPR board.
Linford Christie Stadium on 13:25 - Aug 6 with 9573 viewshamptonhillhoop

Linford Christie Stadium on 11:55 - Aug 6 by hopphoops

I don't want New Scrubs, the Scrubs as a plan won't get no vote from me, on the inaccessible side of the Central Line, with the Hammy and HMP.

Linford Christie Stadium on 13:26 - Aug 6 with 9562 viewsToast_R

Linford Christie Stadium on 13:12 - Aug 6 by 2Thomas2Bowles

I've never believed the owners were really interested in the LCS just pissy PR to the fans after losing any chance at OOC.

And the Council have no interest in helping out rich owners that have fecked up running QPR.

This parrot is dead.
[Post edited 6 Aug 2018 13:16]

What?

This is a good a chance as any to find a plot of land big enough to develop a new stadium. If this does not happen in the next decade, QPR will continue to go backwards and will sooner or later be the lowest ranked London club in the Football League.
Linford Christie Stadium on 13:37 - Aug 6 with 9476 viewsBostonR

Linford Christie Stadium on 13:26 - Aug 6 by Toast_R

What?

This is a good a chance as any to find a plot of land big enough to develop a new stadium. If this does not happen in the next decade, QPR will continue to go backwards and will sooner or later be the lowest ranked London club in the Football League.

Spot on. It would be useful to know what is the full covenant for the land the LCS sits on. It does seem a sizeable footprint but not big enough for a stadium with associated facilities. The clue is is the statement from the council saying the on-going support of the current stadium is unsustainable. Basically they have no money but they have the land. A perfect investment opportunity.
Linford Christie Stadium on 14:00 - Aug 6 with 9323 viewsNorthernr

Took me two goes. Well done.
Linford Christie Stadium on 14:05 - Aug 6 with 9293 viewshoopdog

Linford Christie Stadium on 12:52 - Aug 6 by essextaxiboy

Isnt there a covenant on LR for leisure only ? If they lifted that then TF and Co could do the development there.

Surely any if any covenant exists that would be lifted if there going to be a new stadium in such close proximity
Linford Christie Stadium on 14:07 - Aug 6 with 9282 viewshoopdog

Where does the new scrubs come into it mate ??
Linford Christie Stadium on 14:18 - Aug 6 with 9210 viewsBrianMcCarthy

That's stuck in my head now!

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Linford Christie Stadium on 14:19 - Aug 6 with 9202 viewshopphoops

Linford Christie Stadium on 14:07 - Aug 6 by hoopdog

Where does the new scrubs come into it mate ??

from the linked article: "A masterplan illustration seen by the Standard dubs the area “The New Scrubs”."

I love the idea that some developer PR type was given the brief "Make it sound glamorous - but we have to keep "Scrubs". "

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024