Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Angel Rangel Incoming ? 13:38 - Aug 12 with 12821 viewsHooped_Pullie

Apologies if covered elsewhere, but the out-of-contact Swansea 'legend' will apparently be joining us soon, according to the Currant Bun.

35, came up from League 1 with Swansea, clearly no intention of retiring just yet. Maybe a desperate move on our part, or possibly he goes the Steve Palmer route and gives us some great value in the autumn of his career.

We'll see...if it happens. May be paper talk, but you'll be hard pressed to find a more experienced midfielder who's played at so many levels and is available for zero transfer fee.
Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 13:56 - Aug 12 with 7079 viewskingo

From memory he was a right back, so hopefully here to help out Kakay. I heard yesterday that he was already training with us.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 13:58 - Aug 12 with 7063 viewsisawqpratwcity

Reasons To Be Sceptical:
1. The Sun
2. 35
3. Midfielder

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 14:55 - Aug 12 with 6888 viewsGloucs_R

Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 13:58 - Aug 12 by isawqpratwcity

Reasons To Be Sceptical:
1. The Sun
2. 35
3. Midfielder

Right back, training with us already, on a free, short term contract.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 15:31 - Aug 12 with 6761 viewsdanehoop

Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 14:55 - Aug 12 by Gloucs_R

Right back, training with us already, on a free, short term contract.

Was a good player, but age might be against him now.

Never knowingly understood

Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 15:33 - Aug 12 with 6752 viewsGloucs_R

Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 15:31 - Aug 12 by danehoop

Was a good player, but age might be against him now.

Swans fans saying his legs have gone. No pace at all

Poll: Are we staying up?

Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 17:49 - Aug 12 with 6465 viewsLblock

Mid 30’s and not a striker
If Schteveee wants then gotta go with it suppose

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 18:10 - Aug 12 with 6391 viewsBrixtonR

Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 17:49 - Aug 12 by Lblock

Mid 30’s and not a striker
If Schteveee wants then gotta go with it suppose

Your my ANGEL you give me peace of mind i love and swear that the love you share is truly one of kind !

My sort of player lol

Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 18:42 - Aug 12 with 6230 viewsBoston

Did I ever mention that a bloke who works for me is the son of one of the Tavares brothers? Great carpenter, one of the best workers I ever came across.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Login to get fewer ads

Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 19:41 - Aug 12 with 6070 viewsqpr1976

I wouldn't say 35 is Autumn, it's at best 'Games of Thrones' = Winter is coming, of not edging towards January......IMO
Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 20:13 - Aug 12 with 5970 viewspaesanu

Not footy-related but isn't he the player who constantly does charitable things, think him and his wife serve at food kitchens during Xmas that sort of thing. Yes age might be against him but character-wise would be nice to have around the club.

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 20:40 - Aug 12 with 5865 viewsjoolsyp

Thought he always played really well against us for The Swans (not that this should be a good reason to sign him). 35 is not too old for a full-back and his experience would help us considerably right now.
Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 20:49 - Aug 12 with 5812 viewsBklynRanger

I'd just worry if his legs really have gone. Completely different situation I know but: Park Ji Sung...
Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 21:02 - Aug 12 with 5759 viewsDannyPaddox

Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 18:42 - Aug 12 by Boston

Did I ever mention that a bloke who works for me is the son of one of the Tavares brothers? Great carpenter, one of the best workers I ever came across.

A carpenter of love and affection. Perhaps.

[Post edited 12 Aug 2018 21:05]
Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 21:09 - Aug 12 with 5723 viewsdavman

More to the point, do we really need a right back? Ozzie is doing just fine and baps can do a job there if we get desparate. Hell, even Pav or Cousins could do a job...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 21:43 - Aug 12 with 5619 viewsMyke

Get him in until Christmas until Furs is fit. Good pro, can give loads of advice to Kakay ( and indeed Furs too, who is still learning his trade). How many 'oul' ones have turned out to be gems? Hill, Nelson, Dunne Derry, McLintock (yes, yes I'm old) to name just a few. We have bemoaned the exodus of experience all summer, now with the chance of bringing one in, suddenly he's too old, his legs are gone - are we ever satisfied. Don't hear too many Juventus fans complaining about Ronaldo's age. We are not giving the man a ten year contract on £50 k a year for god's sake. I know we have been badly burned by Ferdinand, Park, Boswanker etc but this is a completely different scenario
Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 21:45 - Aug 12 with 5611 viewsMyke

Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 21:43 - Aug 12 by Myke

Get him in until Christmas until Furs is fit. Good pro, can give loads of advice to Kakay ( and indeed Furs too, who is still learning his trade). How many 'oul' ones have turned out to be gems? Hill, Nelson, Dunne Derry, McLintock (yes, yes I'm old) to name just a few. We have bemoaned the exodus of experience all summer, now with the chance of bringing one in, suddenly he's too old, his legs are gone - are we ever satisfied. Don't hear too many Juventus fans complaining about Ronaldo's age. We are not giving the man a ten year contract on £50 k a year for god's sake. I know we have been badly burned by Ferdinand, Park, Boswanker etc but this is a completely different scenario

edit £50k a week
Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 21:54 - Aug 12 with 5561 viewsBerkoRanger

Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 21:09 - Aug 12 by davman

More to the point, do we really need a right back? Ozzie is doing just fine and baps can do a job there if we get desparate. Hell, even Pav or Cousins could do a job...

Can Angel possibly play at CB like Hill did?
Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 21:57 - Aug 12 with 5543 viewsdaveB

Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 20:49 - Aug 12 by BklynRanger

I'd just worry if his legs really have gone. Completely different situation I know but: Park Ji Sung...

I was thinking more James Perch.

I can see the logic though. Kakay has been very good so far but can't rely on him for the first 3 months with no cover
Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 22:22 - Aug 12 with 5449 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 21:43 - Aug 12 by Myke

Lots of logic, Myke. And if the reports that he is training with us are true we will know how much he can help on the field.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 22:29 - Aug 12 with 5411 viewsHooparoo

Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 21:54 - Aug 12 by BerkoRanger

I’m pretty sure I’ve seen him play CB for Swansea.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 22:32 - Aug 12 with 5390 viewsFDC

Saw this is on the twitter the other day. I'm in favour, because we do need cover at RB, I've always quite liked the look of him for Swansea, and he has one of my favourite names in football.
Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 22:34 - Aug 12 with 5384 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 21:54 - Aug 12 by BerkoRanger

Can he possibly change his name to Angel Ranger by deed poll first?

Then he'll have a job for life.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 01:51 - Aug 13 with 5161 viewstimcocking

You mean full back?

The problem is, Kakay has been excellent. He should keep his place. To let players like Ned and Jack and Smithies leave to "save money" lmfao only to sign experienced players to cover an injury instead of backing our players seems altogether wrong. What's the point of trying to develop your own players but not backing them when they do well? Darnell missed a season he should have started because they were too scared to play him.

Likewise the talk of Routledge. Decent player (although i'll never have much respect for such a one-footed player when it's so easy to play with two feet as i always did), but we were talking about letting Pavel leave because we've got an over abundance of wingers. We won't go down this year because of full backs or wingers. It's the centre of defence and up front that might cost us. Bright looks potentially better than Routledge, not to mention Paul Smyth.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2018 1:59]
Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 06:26 - Aug 13 with 5034 viewsdistortR

i had a horrible moment when i was thinking of nile ranger.

confused and aging
Angel Rangel Incoming ? on 07:35 - Aug 13 with 4935 viewsPlanetHonneywood

A young pup of a thing like James Collins must be on our radar then!

When we talk about Messrs Robbo, Smithies and Onuoha, we should not forget the impact losing Mackie from the dressing may well of had. If AR's football intelligence and street-smarts are still there, then that'll buy him a yard his legs might have lost. If he can add some substance to the dressing room, then there is sense to this I suppose.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024