Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Atmosphere/Identity 20:32 - Aug 13 with 7809 viewsfreddieeddie

Hear me out here. The hairs on the back of my neck stand erect when I hear the Palace Ultras sing, the Kop in full voice, Hammers singing their song, even Chelsea when they warm up to their tune. It just gives a team an identity which we don't have. To me, singing come on your rs repeatedly is a bit dull.

Two weeks ago I was at Celtic Park and I still can't get over how good their fans were. Ninety minutes solid of drums beating, and each song totally different, pure passion.

Best bit for me at QPR is when hi ho silver lining is played and we all sing to it. I was shot down in flames before when I mentioned it but I'd love it to be played just as we kick off so the atmosphere is electric as we kick off. Anyone think this would work?

Saw this today and it is incredible. Hibernian fans singing 'Sunshine on Leith' from the film Sunshine on Leith. I'd just love us to stand out in some way to make other fans envy us for a change. Watch this it's superb, best I have seen.

Poll: QPR future, what would you like to see happen

Atmosphere/Identity on 21:00 - Aug 13 with 5870 viewsessextaxiboy

In Ollies book he relates what Gerry Francis said to him before his first game as a player .He said"you have to give the LR crowd something and then you get the atmoshere and noise" I think that still holds true . There hasnt been much to fire it in recent years . The exception being the Oldham game ,the whole place was jumping well before kick off.
Orchestrated singing seems a bit naff to me ,I think Pigbag is a bit long in the tooth tbh. ...
Atmosphere/Identity on 21:03 - Aug 13 with 5855 viewsCamberleyR

I know we take the piss with Leeds styling themselves the 'Champions of Europe' but I must admit their 'Marching On Together' song that's played before their home games with the vast majority of the crowd joining in really seems to stir the atmosphere at Elland Road and gets the crowd up for it.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Atmosphere/Identity on 21:30 - Aug 13 with 5759 viewsfreddieeddie

Atmosphere/Identity on 21:03 - Aug 13 by CamberleyR

I know we take the piss with Leeds styling themselves the 'Champions of Europe' but I must admit their 'Marching On Together' song that's played before their home games with the vast majority of the crowd joining in really seems to stir the atmosphere at Elland Road and gets the crowd up for it.

You are right. There are so many clubs though like it and they all have a unique song. Just think we need something to make us more unique and create a real buzz. Personally I really think it would work having silver lining as we KO.

Poll: QPR future, what would you like to see happen

Atmosphere/Identity on 21:37 - Aug 13 with 5720 viewsNoDiddley

Atmosphere/Identity on 21:03 - Aug 13 by CamberleyR

When you have only 5 teams in the league/country with any following , Celtic, Rangers, Hibs, Hearts & Aberdeen you can amass that support & sing for 'Scotland '
We're a bit fragmented down here
Atmosphere/Identity on 21:49 - Aug 13 with 5674 viewsBakes

Agree with OP, I think it would help get the crowd going, anything but this song, this poxy, generic, boring, repetitive frigging song, it makes me want to punch myself in the cock everytime I hear it.

If anyone from the club reads this message board, please, for the sake of my testes, change this song.

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Atmosphere/Identity on 21:50 - Aug 13 with 5670 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Liverpool v QPR had gash atmosphere. 2 minutes of YNWA then 88 minutes of taking photos on their Norwegian and Korean phones.

I went to Celtic v St Johnston about five years ago. Could have heard a pin drop the entire 90.

All clubs have ups and downs in atmosphere. If we are 7th or 21st last few games of the season you'll see something from us.

Pompey best consistent atmosphere for me.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2018 21:59]
Atmosphere/Identity on 21:52 - Aug 13 with 5655 viewsScotlandrs

Atmosphere/Identity on 21:37 - Aug 13 by NoDiddley

When you have only 5 teams in the league/country with any following , Celtic, Rangers, Hibs, Hearts & Aberdeen you can amass that support & sing for 'Scotland '
We're a bit fragmented down here

Loved that rendition - still can't believe BBC Scotland cut away to the new that day and missed the whole song.

Hibs are no bigger than us - we took over 40k to Wembley, so it's not about size of support. We just don't have a song and we never have had one that I can remember apart from Pigbag, which may not have even been ours.
Atmosphere/Identity on 22:04 - Aug 13 with 5593 viewsdanehoop

Atmosphere/Identity on 21:52 - Aug 13 by Scotlandrs

Loved that rendition - still can't believe BBC Scotland cut away to the new that day and missed the whole song.

Hibs are no bigger than us - we took over 40k to Wembley, so it's not about size of support. We just don't have a song and we never have had one that I can remember apart from Pigbag, which may not have even been ours.

we could I guess ask the proclaimers to write something stirring just for us, sunshine on Westfield or something similar.

I'd prefer to hear us using London Calling more, given the obvious and clear links to what was our local punk band. Its also one of those songs that springs with malice and intent.

Or we could draw on songs from another apparent season ticket holding local musician of note, Robert Smith. Not sure that Lovecats is necessarily going to intimidate the opposition much, but A Forest is moody, but perhaps less singable. Killing an Arab, probably doesnt work for other reasons, so maybe Jumping Someone Elses Train could be sung by the R's faithful when the team comes out.

If we wanted to draw upon another local beat combo who did quite well for themselves then perhaps a bit of My Generation from could be a go-er?

Never knowingly understood

Login to get fewer ads

Atmosphere/Identity on 22:19 - Aug 13 with 5543 viewsTrellick

Pigbag is ok as a goal scored choon.
We need something else as an entry to pitch choon.
Should I stay or should I go I often think as the teams come out. :)
Atmosphere/Identity on 22:28 - Aug 13 with 5514 viewscolinallcars

We had our own song, but you'd need to be in your 70s or 80s to remember it !

To the tune of Ship Ahoy:

All the nice girls love the Rangers
All the nice girls love the Rs
'Cos there's something about the Rangers
For you know what Rangers are
Free and easy
Scobie Breasley
The third division's pride and joy
So if ever you're in doubt
Clap your hands and start to shout
QPR ! QPR !

Oh, Scobie Breasley was a famous jockey at the time if you hadn't heard of him.
Atmosphere/Identity on 22:34 - Aug 13 with 5486 viewsStanisgod

Atmosphere/Identity on 22:28 - Aug 13 by colinallcars

Free and easy
Scobie Breasley
QPR ! QPR !

Didn't we once have singing the blues. Still reckon captain Jack.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Atmosphere/Identity on 22:58 - Aug 13 with 5421 viewsEsox_Lucius

Pride of West London?

The grass is always greener.

Atmosphere/Identity on 23:42 - Aug 13 with 5330 viewsconnell10

White riot would be great!!!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Atmosphere/Identity on 06:34 - Aug 14 with 5166 viewsGloucs_R

Always thought hey Jude would be a good song for us...

Poll: Are we staying up?

Atmosphere/Identity on 06:42 - Aug 14 with 5156 viewsHayesender

Atmosphere/Identity on 22:58 - Aug 13 by Esox_Lucius

Pride of West London?

Nicked from man Utd, and tbh I couldn't give a toss about Cardiff city

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Atmosphere/Identity on 07:32 - Aug 14 with 5095 viewsEsox_Lucius

Thinking on this overnight and I am of the opinion that if there were a wifi black hole during the game it would have a greater effect on the atmosphere than any song ever could. Too many people are looking to record an atmosphere rather than create one IMO.
As for a stirring tune to come out of the tunnel to I still think this would take some beating and AFAIK no-one else uses it.

The grass is always greener.

Atmosphere/Identity on 08:42 - Aug 14 with 4985 viewsQPR_John

Free and easy
Scobie Breasley
QPR ! QPR !

Always remember the last three lines as

They're always full of fight
In their jerseys blue and white
QPR QPR
Atmosphere/Identity on 08:50 - Aug 14 with 4973 viewsDorse

Bavarian Oompah Techno featuring samples from Are You Being Served? I reckon Molly Sugden telling Wendy Craig about the rumoured misadventures of her feline friend played at 200bpm over traditional rural German folk music would really raise the temperature in LR and genuinely terrify the oppo.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Atmosphere/Identity on 08:52 - Aug 14 with 4960 viewsNgaiTahu_Hoop

Free and easy
Scobie Breasley
QPR ! QPR !

Swap out Scobie Breasley for Ebere Eze and you’re away laughing
Atmosphere/Identity on 09:11 - Aug 14 with 4904 viewsloftupper

Free and easy
Scobie Breasley
QPR ! QPR !

Surely with the line 'Third Division's pride and joy', we should save it for next season ;)

Only kidding... Anyway first post and all that
Atmosphere/Identity on 09:14 - Aug 14 with 4897 viewscolinallcars

Atmosphere/Identity on 08:42 - Aug 14 by QPR_John

Always remember the last three lines as

They're always full of fight
In their jerseys blue and white
QPR QPR

You could well be right about the last 3 lines. Also, I'm beginningto think it was

Bright and breezy
Scobie Breasley
Atmosphere/Identity on 10:50 - Aug 14 with 4754 viewsRblockPrior

Sadly I think the days of Loftus Road being one of the best atmospheres in the country is gone, we have lost our identity with a lot of fans thinking we are something we are not. Shame. Even our away support is getting worse, we have had a lot worse sides and we managed to get the atmosphere going for them.

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Atmosphere/Identity on 10:55 - Aug 14 with 4746 views00calben

Atmosphere/Identity on 06:34 - Aug 14 by Gloucs_R

Always thought hey Jude would be a good song for us...

Agreed...but that's Brentford's
Atmosphere/Identity on 11:25 - Aug 14 with 4688 viewssuperstan

I’m pleased, no ecstatic, that I was around as a 16 year old in 1975 we had standing which gives a much better atmosphere to start with, it was ok to sing YNWA, Hey Jude, Bubbles etc wasn’t seen as cringeworthy then as all clubs sang those, sometimes with a different interpretation, the other thing with standing was the singers could congregate together, but football has changed, we never expected much, just enjoyed the game/atmosphere (fights) drinks afterwards, it was fun, now all a bit too serious, could be my age though.
Atmosphere/Identity on 11:32 - Aug 14 with 4668 viewsHooparoo

Atmosphere/Identity on 22:04 - Aug 13 by danehoop

we could I guess ask the proclaimers to write something stirring just for us, sunshine on Westfield or something similar.

I'd prefer to hear us using London Calling more, given the obvious and clear links to what was our local punk band. Its also one of those songs that springs with malice and intent.

Or we could draw on songs from another apparent season ticket holding local musician of note, Robert Smith. Not sure that Lovecats is necessarily going to intimidate the opposition much, but A Forest is moody, but perhaps less singable. Killing an Arab, probably doesnt work for other reasons, so maybe Jumping Someone Elses Train could be sung by the R's faithful when the team comes out.

If we wanted to draw upon another local beat combo who did quite well for themselves then perhaps a bit of My Generation from could be a go-er?

“Disintegration” probably more fitting. “I leave you with photographs, pictures of trickery, stains on the carpet, stains on the memory, songs about happiness murmured in dreams when the both of us knew how the end always is”

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024