Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Forever Rs Club now full? 09:13 - Aug 14 with 3258 viewsBlackCrowe

Wasn't at the game on Saturday as on hols. But am i right in thinking Hogan was inducted? Much as I thought he was a nice enough guy, he was a pretty lightweight footballer. I think the Club might be full for the time being if Hogan is getting in there.

Bring on Gus and Ned next.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Forever Rs Club now full? on 09:24 - Aug 14 with 2349 viewsJamesB1979

If Adel is still in limbo with Benfica, he’d be free to join for the next home game.
Forever Rs Club now full? on 09:31 - Aug 14 with 2316 viewskingsburyR

Hasnt Adel had a couple of clubs since Benfica.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Forever Rs Club now full? on 09:42 - Aug 14 with 2262 viewsLythamR

Darren Peacock was inducted as well much to the pleasure of myself and many others. If there are still the likes of Darren Peacock out there then i would suggest the door should still be open
Forever Rs Club now full? on 09:52 - Aug 14 with 2237 viewsAntti_Heinola

I for one can't wait for the club to explain for the 100th time that it's not a Hall of Fame and have to justify again to some fans who don't quite get it why the likes of Hogan or Lee Harper would be inducted. I mean, that never gets boring.

Bare bones.

Forever Rs Club now full? on 09:56 - Aug 14 with 2225 viewsDannyPaddox

Hogan Ephemeral. A Forever R? Was it just the one league goal he scored at Loftus Road? (well taken nonetheless). Can't even be arsed to post a suitable gif of exasperation.
Forever Rs Club now full? on 10:18 - Aug 14 with 2171 viewsLunarJetman

Forever Rs Club now full? on 09:56 - Aug 14 by DannyPaddox

Hogan Ephemeral. A Forever R? Was it just the one league goal he scored at Loftus Road? (well taken nonetheless). Can't even be arsed to post a suitable gif of exasperation.

See Antti's post above... :bangs head against wall emoji...
Forever Rs Club now full? on 10:28 - Aug 14 with 2131 viewsBlackCrowe

Forever Rs Club now full? on 09:52 - Aug 14 by Antti_Heinola

I for one can't wait for the club to explain for the 100th time that it's not a Hall of Fame and have to justify again to some fans who don't quite get it why the likes of Hogan or Lee Harper would be inducted. I mean, that never gets boring.

Not in the slightest bit condescending.

For us mere mortals who clearly have missed the club's positioning of the forever Rs club, please enlighten oh guru.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2018 10:31]

Forever Rs Club now full? on 10:31 - Aug 14 with 2124 viewsDannyPaddox

Forever Rs Club now full? on 10:18 - Aug 14 by LunarJetman

See Antti's post above... :bangs head against wall emoji...

People exasperated that people are exasperated. This is parallax exasperation. So you do practically fcuk all for a big fat round number of 100 games and you get merited. Ishmael Miller made more of an impact that Hogan Ephemeral. I guess I still don't get it.
Login to get fewer ads

Forever Rs Club now full? on 10:32 - Aug 14 with 2118 viewsMaggsinho

It’s not a hall of fame, or a club for legends. It’s an association for ex QPR players. The only criteria to be a member is to have played for the club.
Forever Rs Club now full? on 10:35 - Aug 14 with 2100 viewsJamesB1979

Forever Rs Club now full? on 09:31 - Aug 14 by kingsburyR

Hasnt Adel had a couple of clubs since Benfica.

He has but on loan. Still contracted with Benfica until 2020 but they won’t play him so has to be loaned out.
Forever Rs Club now full? on 10:35 - Aug 14 with 2097 viewsLunarJetman

Forever Rs Club now full? on 10:28 - Aug 14 by BlackCrowe

Not in the slightest bit condescending.

For us mere mortals who clearly have missed the club's positioning of the forever Rs club, please enlighten oh guru.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2018 10:31]

Well you could try to look at some of the many press releases describing the "Forever Rs" club, or the many unofficial responses from club staff trying to explain to people that its not a "Hall of Fame" or some of the many discussions on it across various message boards.

But hey, you could get sarcastic because you're yet another person who seems to have gone round with their eyes shut and ears covered...
Forever Rs Club now full? on 10:40 - Aug 14 with 2084 viewsBlackCrowe

Forever Rs Club now full? on 10:32 - Aug 14 by Maggsinho

It’s not a hall of fame, or a club for legends. It’s an association for ex QPR players. The only criteria to be a member is to have played for the club.

Thank you for the explanation Maggs.

I look forward to welcoming Vinnie Jones, SWP, Bosingwa et al to the club.

Forever Rs Club now full? on 10:41 - Aug 14 with 2073 viewsLunarJetman

Forever Rs Club now full? on 10:31 - Aug 14 by DannyPaddox

People exasperated that people are exasperated. This is parallax exasperation. So you do practically fcuk all for a big fat round number of 100 games and you get merited. Ishmael Miller made more of an impact that Hogan Ephemeral. I guess I still don't get it.

We're only exasperated that its been explained about a hundred times and still people can't grasp it...

Don't agree, fair enough, but don't get it and then telling everyone that by starting a new post is getting tiring....
Forever Rs Club now full? on 10:44 - Aug 14 with 2063 viewsMaggsinho

Forever Rs Club now full? on 10:40 - Aug 14 by BlackCrowe

Thank you for the explanation Maggs.

I look forward to welcoming Vinnie Jones, SWP, Bosingwa et al to the club.

Well that’s a bit of a straw man argument, they obviously wouldn’t invited given their status amongst the fans.

So maybe a better definition of the criteria is to be a former player who wasn’t a cock and isn’t hated by the fans although I’d love to see how the club would write that down in a diplomatic fashion.
Forever Rs Club now full? on 10:45 - Aug 14 with 2058 viewsBlackCrowe

Forever Rs Club now full? on 10:35 - Aug 14 by LunarJetman

Well you could try to look at some of the many press releases describing the "Forever Rs" club, or the many unofficial responses from club staff trying to explain to people that its not a "Hall of Fame" or some of the many discussions on it across various message boards.

But hey, you could get sarcastic because you're yet another person who seems to have gone round with their eyes shut and ears covered...

So thinking that i clearly must've had my head in the sand. i searched the 'forever Rs club' and got hundred of links to the offy saying who has been inducted but no explanation on entry criterea.

Sincere apologies with sarcasm in my post, i was simply responding in kind.

End of my contributions to this thread as it's clearly offending, though god knows how.

Forever Rs Club now full? on 10:54 - Aug 14 with 2020 viewsDannyPaddox

Forever Rs Club now full? on 10:41 - Aug 14 by LunarJetman

We're only exasperated that its been explained about a hundred times and still people can't grasp it...

Don't agree, fair enough, but don't get it and then telling everyone that by starting a new post is getting tiring....

Sorry still don't get it. And I seem to have missed this ongoing narrative of the Forever Rs Club small print being explained by the club. Maybe we can find some common ground and start up a Forever Exasperated Club. Or FEC for short.
Forever Rs Club now full? on 11:12 - Aug 14 with 1975 viewsdaveB

Forever Rs Club now full? on 10:54 - Aug 14 by DannyPaddox

Sorry still don't get it. And I seem to have missed this ongoing narrative of the Forever Rs Club small print being explained by the club. Maybe we can find some common ground and start up a Forever Exasperated Club. Or FEC for short.

It's basically a chance to welcome back former players and get them back involved with the club, they did a golf day with former players who have been inducted so fans can meet former heroes etc.

It's basically a nice thing to do for former players and a chance for fans to thank them for their service and give them a nice day out.

Not just about how they played on the pitch also about how they conducted themselves so people like Zesh Rehmann got in for their work with the community trust

As for Ephraim only scoring one goal, he got 3 in our promotion year was a key player in the first half of that season
[Post edited 14 Aug 2018 11:14]
Forever Rs Club now full? on 11:26 - Aug 14 with 1926 viewsthame_hoops

I’d prefer it so be more of a hall of fame type thing otherwise it’s going to be diluted. Invite ex players like hogan and Danny Simpson back for the fans to give them a cheer but induct them in forever R’s, nah.
Forever Rs Club now full? on 11:36 - Aug 14 with 1894 viewsBasingstokeR

Is Wikipedia wrong or is Hogan Ephraim still only 30 yrs old.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2018 11:40]
Forever Rs Club now full? on 11:40 - Aug 14 with 1886 viewsEsox_Lucius

There are also a number of ex players who, for various reasons, won't be appearing on the pitch but the club is in contact with and, where appropriate, helping them. It seems completely petty, IMO, to complain that the Forever R's club doesn't match your own idea of what it should be; at least the club is doing something for former hoops and the programme isn't having any negative effect on the club... bar the whingers about what it should be.

The grass is always greener.

Forever Rs Club now full? on 12:17 - Aug 14 with 1822 viewsoldmisery

Forever Rs Club now full? on 11:36 - Aug 14 by BasingstokeR

Is Wikipedia wrong or is Hogan Ephraim still only 30 yrs old.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2018 11:40]

Did you see him on Saturday? I thought it must be Hogan Ephraim's much younger brother, he looked about 15. Perhaps he's planning on becoming a policeman when he starts to look even younger!
Forever Rs Club now full? on 12:22 - Aug 14 with 1801 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Forever Rs Club now full? on 10:35 - Aug 14 by LunarJetman

' you're yet another person who seems to have gone round with their eyes shut and ears covered'
Which isn't at all sarcastic is it
Forever Rs Club now full? on 12:49 - Aug 14 with 1747 viewssimmo

Forever Rs Club now full? on 11:26 - Aug 14 by thame_hoops

I’d prefer it so be more of a hall of fame type thing otherwise it’s going to be diluted. Invite ex players like hogan and Danny Simpson back for the fans to give them a cheer but induct them in forever R’s, nah.

We spent years neglecting contributions of former players whilst other clubs regularly showed respect, now it's being corrected with a brilliant initiative.

I don't think it's too much to give players that gave years of their careers to us a day when them and their families can come for lunch, watch a game and have the opportunity for fans to give them a clap and thank them for their contributions, however small or insignificant some people think they are.

It's a tie in a box and to be part of a group of other ex-players that the club is grateful to, I think it's brilliant and you only have to read the ex-players accounts of their days to see why it's worthwhile.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Forever Rs Club now full? on 13:39 - Aug 14 with 1649 viewsJigsore

Forever Rs Club now full? on 10:45 - Aug 14 by BlackCrowe

So thinking that i clearly must've had my head in the sand. i searched the 'forever Rs club' and got hundred of links to the offy saying who has been inducted but no explanation on entry criterea.

End of my contributions to this thread as it's clearly offending, though god knows how.

you are delicate

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Forever Rs Club now full? on 13:45 - Aug 14 with 1628 viewssimmo

Forever Rs Club now full? on 10:45 - Aug 14 by BlackCrowe

There's a quite recent podcast (the official one) where Sinton explains it again, though I can't remember exactly which one. Not sure the criteria is anywhere on the website etc, but Sinton among others have explained it via other platforms. If I remember of find the pod it's on I'll share it on here.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024