Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The death of smaller clubs is ever nearer 10:09 - Aug 14 with 4267 views2Thomas2Bowles

Add in FFP and the perfect storm awaits most outside the PL

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44850888

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

The death of smaller clubs is ever nearer on 10:16 - Aug 14 with 4227 viewsQPR_John

At the very least the Premier League will break away with maybe a PL2 but no promotion or relegation to the FL. What is the point of promotion to the PL when relegation is a financial disaster. The FL is not only standing by watching its own competition dying but is hammering nails into its coffin with FFP
The death of smaller clubs is ever nearer on 11:04 - Aug 14 with 4091 viewsWrightUp5hit___

The buffoon with the future of real club football in his hands

FFP
EEEP
Carabao Cup
Checkatrade Trophy

It's not a good record is it?

Heaven help us

Edit: Yes Prem, what can I do for you?
[Post edited 14 Aug 2018 11:54]
The death of smaller clubs is ever nearer on 11:24 - Aug 14 with 4041 viewsBostonR

Only a matter of time before European Premier League 1&2 are formed and the Champions League is bombed out. Good riddance to them, as I will enjoy watching that implode.

Who is actually going to watch Porto v Seville? Also, some the bigger PL clubs are now owned by one individual who is probably stacking debt against his club. How long before one of them collapses financially?

Would be a good opportunity to re-stack the football league and make the cup competitions more enjoyable. The current EFL Board must be in the back-pocket of the PL otherwise they would not be killing the game below PL level. Why are football governing bodies normally run by morons?
The death of smaller clubs is ever nearer on 11:35 - Aug 14 with 4017 viewsHooparoo

“My death waits, to allow my friends a few good times before it ends, so let’s drink to that and the passing time” R.I.P. Bowie

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

The death of smaller clubs is ever nearer on 11:52 - Aug 14 with 3956 viewsozranger

The article echoes something that I have felt has always been a problem and something also highlighted by the FFP situation. That is, as is well known, there is an unbelievable gap between the TV revenue for the PL and that for the Championship. To many, that says that the PL is way out of control and that has much sense in it. However, why is it the case? Not that there is such a gulf because the PL has such a deal but why is it that the EFL does not have any contract of a similar nature or at least one that is based on a slanting revenue with the Championship clubs getting more than Div 1 and those more than Div 2? Is it that the EFL do not have the capabilities to market their own product, instead being keen on trying to maintain some sort of equality between the clubs through FFP? Or, is it that they do not care and are happy to be in their cubby houses handing out fines to those they feel do not kow tow to their dreams?

If there was a TV contract that allowed for an easier financial step from the Championship to the PL, then the game would be much better. To allow this current gulf to exist owing to some hatred for the PL is creating a detrimental affect on all and one that will entice more and more clubs take the plunge we see now and ignore the EFL and FFP in the hope of their dreams of reaching the PL and staying there. So, when will the FL pull their finger out and obtain a TV contract that befits the quality of the game in the Championship and allows for a better transition between the EFL divisions and the exclusive PL?
The death of smaller clubs is ever nearer on 12:40 - Aug 14 with 3843 viewsJuzzie

People like Shaun Harvey don't give a flying fk about football. They're out to make as much money as possible, including themselves, and they'll be long gone when the fallout of their work becomes apparent.
The death of smaller clubs is ever nearer on 12:58 - Aug 14 with 3789 viewsstevec

Can’t remember the name but the TV outfit that last tried to build an empire based on 2nd Division football went bust fairly rapidly.

Surprised no one brought it up so far but the thing bringing most Championship clubs to their knees is the salaries commanded by its players.

There must be a fair amount of players in this league on 10k a week, some more, can you honestly say the standard of football you watch week by week justifies this kind of payment?
The death of smaller clubs is ever nearer on 13:02 - Aug 14 with 3770 viewsHayesender

The death of smaller clubs is ever nearer on 12:58 - Aug 14 by stevec

Can’t remember the name but the TV outfit that last tried to build an empire based on 2nd Division football went bust fairly rapidly.

Surprised no one brought it up so far but the thing bringing most Championship clubs to their knees is the salaries commanded by its players.

There must be a fair amount of players in this league on 10k a week, some more, can you honestly say the standard of football you watch week by week justifies this kind of payment?

ITV digital?

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Login to get fewer ads

The death of smaller clubs is ever nearer on 13:07 - Aug 14 with 3746 viewsTGRRRSSS

Yes but owned by someone else first then they took it on, also the technology was terrible constantly freezing etc, very badly thought out product. That led partly to ouyr early noughies disasters.

Not able to talk more about this right now ) but something I've been thinking just lately regards the potential death of QPR, and Lee Hoos etc have in my view been hinting strongly at it.
The death of smaller clubs is ever nearer on 14:09 - Aug 14 with 3605 viewsderbyhoop

The difference between the TV revenue to PL clubs and that for the Championship clubs distorts the whole competition.
Without parachute payments next season, we're about to find out how difficult it will be to survive on Championship level gate money. In the 3rd smallest ground in the division.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

The death of smaller clubs is ever nearer on 14:16 - Aug 14 with 3584 viewsMyke

Because I could not stop for Death
He kindly stopped for me
Emily Dickenson
The death of smaller clubs is ever nearer on 14:17 - Aug 14 with 3584 viewsvanrrrr

The death of smaller clubs is ever nearer on 11:24 - Aug 14 by BostonR

Only a matter of time before European Premier League 1&2 are formed and the Champions League is bombed out. Good riddance to them, as I will enjoy watching that implode.

Who is actually going to watch Porto v Seville? Also, some the bigger PL clubs are now owned by one individual who is probably stacking debt against his club. How long before one of them collapses financially?

Would be a good opportunity to re-stack the football league and make the cup competitions more enjoyable. The current EFL Board must be in the back-pocket of the PL otherwise they would not be killing the game below PL level. Why are football governing bodies normally run by morons?

Wenger on his way out predicted a European league playing on Weekends with PL games moved to midweek as an inevitability. Arsene indeed knows. This kind of data would back up those arguments for the "elite"

If that does happen it is an opportunity for the EFL to step up but I think the EFL Board are held to ransom by the big clubs and PL at the moment to toe the line ( like with EPPP) so it will likely require a revolution of sorts in the pyramid of football.

or give it a few years and the players will be robots- owners biggest cost sorted and we can watch google all stars vs Microsoft Magic via a VR headset. The future, eh?
The death of smaller clubs is ever nearer on 14:45 - Aug 14 with 3509 viewsqprd

The whole system is so stupid

The ridiculous profits in the premier league are screwing with the financial stability of clubs in the championship. Massive profits allow premier league clubs like City and United to grossly overpay for players like Mahrez at end of contract and Lukaku... the proceeds of those sales allow medium sized clubs to spend outrageous amounts of money for players like sigurdson and ricarlison.... that allows clubs like burnley etc to pay ridiculous amounts of money for players like chris wood and james Maddison from the championship....

if youre a championship team that has a player you can sell at a massive premium to the premiership, that's a windfall for you. but if you don't, you are now stuck in an environment where all players prices are grossly inflated

also, the wealth of the premier league is so alluring that it really incentivizes clubs to take the gamble. if it doesn't work out, you can play a xia and just sell the team and saddle the next owner with the problems

whether you just want to get by or make a push for the prem, the championship is a pretty difficult place to get by financially

I don't believe in a salary cap, but I do think some form of revenue or profit sharing would really benefit the health of the entire football league... but of course, the higher ups are likely beholden to the likes of utd city and cheslea, so I doubt anything will change

its also ironic that a small club like QPR whose financial irresponsibility affected no one other than themselves got penalized so heavily under FFP... yet PSG, whose ridiculous 200m purchase of Neymar, has entirely distorted the European transfer market, walked away untouched
The death of smaller clubs is ever nearer on 15:03 - Aug 14 with 3464 views2Thomas2Bowles

LH is right that LR is not sustainable But

That's not to do with being unable to bring in more fans it's just you can't use LR for anything else but football.

Football does not pay outside the PL so the only 2 options FECK the FL and spend hight again and hope to god or whoever you can stay in the PL for a few years.

Or Build a new event stadium where football is only a sideshow for a small club like ours

OOC is dead, If they don't get LCS, the club is dead or soon will be.

The death of smaller clubs is ever nearer on 15:18 - Aug 14 with 3414 viewssmegma

The death of smaller clubs is ever nearer on 15:03 - Aug 14 by 2Thomas2Bowles

That's not to do with being unable to bring in more fans it's just you can't use LR for anything else but football.

Football does not pay outside the PL so the only 2 options FECK the FL and spend hight again and hope to god or whoever you can stay in the PL for a few years.

Or Build a new event stadium where football is only a sideshow for a small club like ours

OOC ? LCS ?

I hate acronyms.
The death of smaller clubs is ever nearer on 15:21 - Aug 14 with 3403 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

The death of smaller clubs is ever nearer on 15:18 - Aug 14 by smegma

OOC ? LCS ?

I hate acronyms.

M2!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

The death of smaller clubs is ever nearer on 15:23 - Aug 14 with 3393 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

The death of smaller clubs is ever nearer on 15:03 - Aug 14 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Or at least dead within the borough of Hammersmith and Fulham.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

The death of smaller clubs is ever nearer on 15:31 - Aug 14 with 3368 viewsDavieQPR

The death of smaller clubs is ever nearer on 15:23 - Aug 14 by CliveWilsonSaid

FFP works though. The big teams get more and more richer and the rest get poorer and poorer. This was threatened by Sugar Daddies so FFP was introduced to stop that.
The death of smaller clubs is ever nearer on 15:32 - Aug 14 with 3365 views2Thomas2Bowles

The death of smaller clubs is ever nearer on 15:23 - Aug 14 by CliveWilsonSaid

I found a bit of wasteland just outside the Watford gap, old chemical factory and asbestos dump, should not take more than 100Mil to buy and clean up in 30 years or so
[Post edited 14 Aug 2018 15:32]

The death of smaller clubs is ever nearer on 17:56 - Aug 14 with 3213 viewsR_from_afar

The death of smaller clubs is ever nearer on 14:09 - Aug 14 by derbyhoop

The difference between the TV revenue to PL clubs and that for the Championship clubs distorts the whole competition.
Without parachute payments next season, we're about to find out how difficult it will be to survive on Championship level gate money. In the 3rd smallest ground in the division.

So we're definitely staying up?

Of course, I am hoping and praying that we do....

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

The death of smaller clubs is ever nearer on 08:30 - Aug 15 with 2840 viewsjonno

The death of smaller clubs is ever nearer on 15:31 - Aug 14 by DavieQPR

FFP works though. The big teams get more and more richer and the rest get poorer and poorer. This was threatened by Sugar Daddies so FFP was introduced to stop that.

Exactly. The whole of football is poorly run and the money involved throughout is frankly obscene, both at the top level where players are being paid hundreds of thousands of pounds per week and have far too much power, agents are raking in a fortune by continually churning players from club to club, but also down to lower levels as those top salaries have the effect of pulling up wages lower down the food chain where we see very mediocre players on 20k per week plus. The only real chance a smaller club has of joining the gravy train, and importantly of remaining there and actually being able to compete with the rich clubs, is for a very rich benefactor who is prepared to throw a lot of money at a small club and keep doing so - as I recall it first happened with Jack Walker at Blackburn - but now the rich clubs have managed to deny even that possibility of being challenged. What Jack Walker did at Blackburn all those years ago would no longer be allowed to happen. Football is becoming less and less appealing I'm afraid.
The death of smaller clubs is ever nearer on 16:05 - Aug 15 with 2595 views2Thomas2Bowles

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44981103

The death of smaller clubs is ever nearer on 04:01 - Aug 16 with 2439 viewsisawqpratwcity

The death of smaller clubs is ever nearer on 16:05 - Aug 15 by 2Thomas2Bowles

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/44981103

Spectacular distortion of the league structure by TV money. Clearly the Championship will become the base camp for an assault on the summit.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

The death of smaller clubs is ever nearer on 06:41 - Aug 16 with 2427 viewsdistortR

The death of smaller clubs is ever nearer on 14:16 - Aug 14 by Myke

Because I could not stop for Death
He kindly stopped for me
Emily Dickenson

can you hear the sound
of an enormous door
slamming in the depths of hell?

Discharge
The death of smaller clubs is ever nearer on 08:25 - Aug 16 with 2369 viewsWrightUp5hit___

The death of smaller clubs is ever nearer on 06:41 - Aug 16 by distortR

can you hear the sound
of an enormous door
slamming in the depths of hell?

Discharge

Did you hear the old gospel choir when they came to carry you over?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024