Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FFP / Manager 23:11 - Aug 21 with 2028 viewsMatch82

Under the terms of our transfer embargo are we even allowed to pay compensation to bring in another manager before next summer? Are we allowed to pay the wages to have a third manager on our payroll? Because if not our choices are extremely limited if we did decide McLaren has had enough time
FFP / Manager on 23:16 - Aug 21 with 1995 viewskropotkin41

Well, Benny thinks I'm a cn ut but we do have Ramsey and Steve could coach.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

FFP / Manager on 23:27 - Aug 21 with 1948 viewslave16

FFP / Manager on 23:16 - Aug 21 by kropotkin41

Well, Benny thinks I'm a cn ut but we do have Ramsey and Steve could coach.

if olly is still on the pay roll could we bring him in and let steve coach

Poll: Are we gonna make the play offs?

FFP / Manager on 23:36 - Aug 21 with 1897 viewsVancouverHoop

I think the embargo's just for players this January (?) However if McLaren is sacked we'd owe him two years salary, plus a year we owe Holloway, plus whatever we pay the new bloke. All that would be an FFP problem next season and beyond.

I'm really not sure we can afford to sack him. In the circumstance I don't think bringing Ramsey back is a totally dumb idea. But a) would he take the job? Given how he was treated by the fans last time. I have doubts. b) He's doing a good job with our kids, do we really want to jeopardize that?

The biggest problem is, game-by-game – we are getting worse. Sure WBA beat us by more goals than Bristol but we put in a decent shift in the first half against them, as we did at times against Sheff Utd and Preston. But tonight was woeful, we were only in it until City discovered how bad we were, then we went ahead and proved them right. Assuming Schteve doesn't/can't leave I'd bring in a player-coach most of the team knows and trusts. Clint Hill maybe, or someone of that ilk. McLaren maybe a tactician but he's clearly not a motivator and, in the short to medium term, that's who we desperately need right now
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024