Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
To lighten the mood.... 23:26 - Aug 21 with 2353 viewssmegma

My mate was telling me he saw a bloke in a Bristol Rovers shirt, at the school end turnstiles, walking away from the ground about 45 minutes before kick off ???

Did he turn up a week early by mistake ??
To lighten the mood.... on 09:49 - Aug 22 with 2083 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Must have!

I wonder if anyone's ever done that. I'm kind of surprised that I haven't, to be honest.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

To lighten the mood.... on 10:23 - Aug 22 with 1998 viewsrobith

I was pretty mad at half time, but I went into the loo in the paddocks and turned the corner to go to my spot (come on, we all have one right?) to be confronted by an auld fella taking a slash with his keks round his ankles and his bare arse on display to all

Kept me chuckling all the way through half time until the horror show recommenced
To lighten the mood.... on 10:36 - Aug 22 with 1939 viewsSimonJames

To lighten the mood.... on 09:49 - Aug 22 by BrianMcCarthy

Must have!

I wonder if anyone's ever done that. I'm kind of surprised that I haven't, to be honest.

(Not football but...)
35 years ago I took a day off from my summer job, drove 7 hours from Hunstanton to Aberystwyth University for an open day, only to discover that it wasn't for another week.
(I didn't go back, and ended up at Kingston Poly).
[Post edited 22 Aug 2018 16:26]

100% of people who drink water will die.

To lighten the mood.... on 10:48 - Aug 22 with 1903 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Never happened to me at Rangers, but...

We moved back to England from Ireland when I was 15 during the School Holidays.

On my first day in my new school in England I was a bit nervous so headed off early. When I got to the school the first person I met was the Janitor. We said hello, he started telling me where everything was before eventually, casually, letting it slip that I wouldn't find anyone until next week as that's when school started!

The following Monday as I came close to the school a gorgeous French girl (started chatting to me hey, any French girl that chat's to you when you're fifteen is gorgeous). It was her first day as well, and I started showing her around her new school. I was quite the local tour guide and massively impressive in my own head. We passed the Janitor as I swept her through the door. "You've the right day today, mate" he chips in. "What did he mean?" says the Goddess. "Don't know", says I, "all these English lads are half-mad".

To lighten the mood.... on 11:34 - Aug 22 with 1784 viewssmegma

To lighten the mood.... on 10:48 - Aug 22 by BrianMcCarthy

Never happened to me at Rangers, but...

We moved back to England from Ireland when I was 15 during the School Holidays.

On my first day in my new school in England I was a bit nervous so headed off early. When I got to the school the first person I met was the Janitor. We said hello, he started telling me where everything was before eventually, casually, letting it slip that I wouldn't find anyone until next week as that's when school started!

The following Monday as I came close to the school a gorgeous French girl (started chatting to me hey, any French girl that chat's to you when you're fifteen is gorgeous). It was her first day as well, and I started showing her around her new school. I was quite the local tour guide and massively impressive in my own head. We passed the Janitor as I swept her through the door. "You've the right day today, mate" he chips in. "What did he mean?" says the Goddess. "Don't know", says I, "all these English lads are half-mad".

Racist
To lighten the mood.... on 11:52 - Aug 22 with 1735 viewsrobith

On getting there late, there's a story that paints me in an unfair light in a friendship group.

We went on holiday to Northern Ireland, staying in Belfast, doing the north antrim coast (well worth it imo). Anway, after everyone else booked their flights home, I thought I'd game the system by flying home from Dublin as the aircoach and dublin flight was far cheaper. However I made an honest mistake and booked on the week earlier than I was supposed to and for a Tuesday instead of the Wednesday we were leaving on. Honest enough right?

However they all like to say I booked a flight on the wrong day, in the wrong week from the wrong country
To lighten the mood.... on 14:16 - Aug 22 with 1633 viewsMick_S

To lighten the mood.... on 10:23 - Aug 22 by robith

I was pretty mad at half time, but I went into the loo in the paddocks and turned the corner to go to my spot (come on, we all have one right?) to be confronted by an auld fella taking a slash with his keks round his ankles and his bare arse on display to all

Kept me chuckling all the way through half time until the horror show recommenced

What makes the Rovers sighting even more baffling is that they were playing at home last night so did he get the date wrong and also not realise his team were playing Pompey? Good man, whoever you are.

Anyway, regarding having your pants pulled down at Rangers - it's becoming an epidemic ... be careful out there.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

To lighten the mood.... on 14:28 - Aug 22 with 1597 viewsGroveR

Was drinking in the BushRanger before a pre-season against Celtic (put 7 past us too) in a sea of hoops and about an hour before kick-off in walks a fella in a GLASGOW Rangers shirt and scarf, takes one look and walks out again. Wrong Rangers there pal.
Login to get fewer ads

To lighten the mood.... on 15:01 - Aug 22 with 1507 viewsBrianMcCarthy

To lighten the mood.... on 11:52 - Aug 22 by robith

On getting there late, there's a story that paints me in an unfair light in a friendship group.

We went on holiday to Northern Ireland, staying in Belfast, doing the north antrim coast (well worth it imo). Anway, after everyone else booked their flights home, I thought I'd game the system by flying home from Dublin as the aircoach and dublin flight was far cheaper. However I made an honest mistake and booked on the week earlier than I was supposed to and for a Tuesday instead of the Wednesday we were leaving on. Honest enough right?

However they all like to say I booked a flight on the wrong day, in the wrong week from the wrong country

But you did, though...right?

To lighten the mood.... on 15:07 - Aug 22 with 1485 viewsqueensparker

I turned up to a home game when we were in the Prem 24 hours early once.

Had a newborn baby at home and hadn't exactly been getting a lot of sleep which might explain why I got Saturday and Sunday mixed up, but I'd negotiated a hard-won free pass to get to the game and wasn't f--king impressed when I wandered into a deserted Crown and Sceptre and the penny dropped.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024