Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Da Yoof - Duty of Care 11:05 - Aug 26 with 1335 viewsdavman

I think most of us agreed that Olly and Birch did a good job in integrating the kids last year, but they earned that right by getting enough points to get us safe and then sticking them in, one, two, three at a time assimilating them into a team around a settled team with good pros who knew them and what they were about.

By allowing those seasoned pros to go (out of necessity I think), that back drop / safety net is no longer there any more and that is a genuine problem here. The kids have not yet experienced a bad run like this that really matters and one that could remove us from the Championship next season and the signs may have been that we have to go back a step or two to re-integrate them again.

If we really are screaming for them all to be given a chance, look at the team at the moment - which of the kids deserves a chance? For me, it was a travesty that Manning left as Luongo may need a bit of a rest and it is equally a travesty that Washington was on the bench yesterday in place of Smyth. The only other debate for me is whether we can afford both Freeman and Eze in the team. For me, as much as I was in the camp that we shouldn't sell Luke, I reckon a £6m bid from Boro would not have been a bad thing as it would mean that Eze plays with Chair as back up.

To me that defence has been THE real problem since January - we all knew that they were all off, we all knew that there was no way on earth we can cope through the season with two sicknotes and Alex Baptiste, yet we only signed one gamble in Leistner. Unless that gets sorted f-in quickly, the kids will not be seen any time soon. Aside from WBA, it's not as though we played any teams who will be challenging for promotion yet and we are already in the shite.

Although disappointing, it's not surprising that the panic button has been hit so early...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Da Yoof - Duty of Care on 11:38 - Aug 26 with 1232 viewsA40Bosh

Davman

Your second last paragraph. I imagine that if you posed thay question directly to Lee Hoos he would pretty much agree with some of that sentiment. However knowing there is a risk pending next term and actually being able to mitigate against it are two different things.
If the money we were prepared to offer Ned and Robinson was sufficiently low enough that Ned would rather just go back up north until something works out for him then that says something about what we have been bringing to the table when approaching potential replacements.

You can be pretty sure that with LH and LF working with Gary Penrice they have been out there making lots of enquires. But we are now FFP FC and once agents and players get a whiff of no money on the table you are left with the likes of BFG who actually buys the line about being given a chance in the English game.

Not getting back to the Prem has been a disaster but getting relegated again i am sure would been seen as catastrophic. So plan B loaning experience to make sure we climb away from trouble early doors seems sensible and the youth have to wait and then prove when called upon that they can do a better job than the older guys keeping them out.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Da Yoof - Duty of Care on 12:01 - Aug 26 with 1131 views2Thomas2Bowles

Ahh those days of hearing from TF/LF/LH/LH that Rangers were going back to (song coming up)
The way we were.
The gateway for the Yoof to the first team is now open and it's exciting.
Yoof development is the way to make money.
The training ground at WR.
The Acadamy.
That SMc is going to coach/develop the Yooh (having never been a Yoof coach)
No more loans, it's bad business.

But we won yesterday so who cares.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Da Yoof - Duty of Care on 12:15 - Aug 26 with 1097 viewsTacticalR

People are talking as though the youth policy was presented by the club as a lifestyle choice, when it was actually presented as a necessity.

On the other hand strikers, which were previously presented as an unimaginable luxury, we now have two of.

Air hostess clique

Da Yoof - Duty of Care on 12:31 - Aug 26 with 1048 views2Thomas2Bowles

Da Yoof - Duty of Care on 12:15 - Aug 26 by TacticalR

People are talking as though the youth policy was presented by the club as a lifestyle choice, when it was actually presented as a necessity.

On the other hand strikers, which were previously presented as an unimaginable luxury, we now have two of.

A few were wanting Osayi-Samuel to be involved yesterday

But must have been shopping in Westfield's and could not make it.

Is it 5 players that have come in now

I'm not so put out by the strikers, our scoring has been abysmal.
Washington would be the last one picked in a playground kickabout yet was on the bench! ahead of some brighter prospects.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Da Yoof - Duty of Care on 12:35 - Aug 26 with 1025 viewsjonno

There aren't many club boards who would not have started to panic having lost their first four games of the season, the latest two 7-1 and 0-3 at home to Bristol City. It was obvious that some experienced players would need to be brought in to replace those that have left - presumably under FFP we are no longer able to pay the money that would be required to sign those type of players which is why we've had to go down the loan route which usually means signing players very late, after the transfer window has closed. It's not ideal, but I'm sure young players can again be given opportunities if we can move up the table. The priority has to be to avoid relegation though.
Da Yoof - Duty of Care on 13:34 - Aug 26 with 859 viewsdavman

Da Yoof - Duty of Care on 12:35 - Aug 26 by jonno

There aren't many club boards who would not have started to panic having lost their first four games of the season, the latest two 7-1 and 0-3 at home to Bristol City. It was obvious that some experienced players would need to be brought in to replace those that have left - presumably under FFP we are no longer able to pay the money that would be required to sign those type of players which is why we've had to go down the loan route which usually means signing players very late, after the transfer window has closed. It's not ideal, but I'm sure young players can again be given opportunities if we can move up the table. The priority has to be to avoid relegation though.

I guess that is the point, jonno. The priority HAS to be to stay up and, as disappointing as it is, if this means that the yoof policy has to put to one side, then so be it.

A shame, but not sure what would happen if we went down this season...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024