Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Karma AND schadenfreude 02:39 - Aug 29 with 4005 viewssmegma

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2018/aug/26/uks-biggest-payday-lender-wonga
Karma AND schadenfreude on 05:53 - Aug 29 with 3920 viewsenfieldargh

Evil bstds

I may have my facts wrong but isn’t Mike Ashley something to do with this mob?

King of zero hour contracts and stickler to the minimum wage then fleeces back money from the poor sods who actually work for him

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Karma AND schadenfreude on 10:50 - Aug 29 with 3673 viewsTacticalR

'In 2012, Wonga confirmed it had sent delegates to the Tory party conference to hold meetings with ministers.

A Cabinet source claimed to the Telegraph at the time that the representatives were charged up to £1,250 to meet with politicians including Sajid Javid, who was then economic secretary to the Treasury, David Gauke, then-Treasury’s exchequer secretary and now Justice Secretary, and Michael Fallon, former Defence Secretary, who was a business minister at the time.'

'In 2013, venture capitalist Adrian Beecroft - who had a major stake in Wonga - was found to have donated around £800,000 to the Conservatives for the seven years prior to that.

He also donated to the 2017 general election campaign.

In 2012, Beecroft wrote the Beecroft Report for David Cameron, which recommended scrapping unfair dismissal legislation to make it easier to sack employees.'

http://talkradio.co.uk/features/wonga-payday-loans-firm-brink-going-bust-what-ar

Air hostess clique

Karma AND schadenfreude on 11:20 - Aug 29 with 3607 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Karma and Shadenfreude? Are they centre backs?
Karma AND schadenfreude on 14:04 - Aug 29 with 3539 viewsderbyhoop

They are going bust because they borrowed £5 from themselves and couldn't keep up with the interest payments.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Karma AND schadenfreude on 14:31 - Aug 29 with 3505 viewssmegma

Karma AND schadenfreude on 11:20 - Aug 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

Karma and Shadenfreude? Are they centre backs?

Yeah but not available for the play offs I'm afraid.
Karma AND schadenfreude on 14:35 - Aug 29 with 3495 viewsDavieQPR

They were relying on Aston Villa to make a loan.
Karma AND schadenfreude on 21:38 - Aug 29 with 3354 viewsGloryHunter

Karma AND schadenfreude on 10:50 - Aug 29 by TacticalR

'In 2012, Wonga confirmed it had sent delegates to the Tory party conference to hold meetings with ministers.

A Cabinet source claimed to the Telegraph at the time that the representatives were charged up to £1,250 to meet with politicians including Sajid Javid, who was then economic secretary to the Treasury, David Gauke, then-Treasury’s exchequer secretary and now Justice Secretary, and Michael Fallon, former Defence Secretary, who was a business minister at the time.'

'In 2013, venture capitalist Adrian Beecroft - who had a major stake in Wonga - was found to have donated around £800,000 to the Conservatives for the seven years prior to that.

In 2012, Beecroft wrote the Beecroft Report for David Cameron, which recommended scrapping unfair dismissal legislation to make it easier to sack employees.'

http://talkradio.co.uk/features/wonga-payday-loans-firm-brink-going-bust-what-ar

That's interesting. Dominic Raab - currently Secretary of State for Brexit - was expressing similar views in 2012:
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/aug/28/brexiteers-eu-wto-rules
Karma AND schadenfreude on 00:10 - Aug 30 with 3250 viewsBeckenhamhoop

Karma AND schadenfreude on 10:50 - Aug 29 by TacticalR

Scandalous. If the Govt had any moral backbone they’d have outlawed these firms years ago. Exploiting the poorest in society. Love to see the bosses go bankrupt.
Login to get fewer ads

Karma AND schadenfreude on 00:15 - Aug 30 with 3243 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Did anyone remember seeing the link to Dominic Raab or the Tories extensively covered on the BBC and in the Newspapers? Or was it buried under coverage of Jeremy Corbyn calling production of Fiddler On The Roof 'so so' in 1974.

Karma AND schadenfreude on 00:55 - Aug 30 with 3224 viewsstowmarketrange

Could they not get a short term loan from another company and be charged an extortionate interest rate until they’ve paid it back?That should tide them over until they get back on their feet again.
Good riddance to the low life owners who think it’s ok to profit from the misery and desperation of the poor and needy.
Karma AND schadenfreude on 09:04 - Aug 30 with 3117 viewsBeckenhamhoop

Karma AND schadenfreude on 00:15 - Aug 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

Did anyone remember seeing the link to Dominic Raab or the Tories extensively covered on the BBC and in the Newspapers? Or was it buried under coverage of Jeremy Corbyn calling production of Fiddler On The Roof 'so so' in 1974.

Yes, all journalists should be screened for their appointment by members of the proletariat and any news favourable to the Dear Leader should be published in a new newspaper called ‘The Truth’.
Karma AND schadenfreude on 12:18 - Aug 30 with 3042 viewsDWQPR

Karma AND schadenfreude on 00:10 - Aug 30 by Beckenhamhoop

Scandalous. If the Govt had any moral backbone they’d have outlawed these firms years ago. Exploiting the poorest in society. Love to see the bosses go bankrupt.

Nothing to do with the government but everything to do with the financial regulator, firstly the FSA and the most useless of bar stewards in charge Hector Sants who then left as CEO to take up a position as an adviser with Barclays I kid you not, and then the FCA. When Wonga first came along it was so easy to recognise when they were going to prey on with their incredible interest rates and nothing was done which encouraged other likewise lenders to follow suit which also expanded into log book lending. Yep, taking loans out against your car, a depreciating asset. And the regulator did nothing for years until they woke up in 2015! Hurrah. From that moment you could see the outcome. This isn’t a victory for the regulator but another dismal failure of allowing things to get out of hand. They continually justify their existence by such headlines when in fact they are in fact the architects of the problem.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2018 16:25]

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Karma AND schadenfreude on 12:39 - Aug 30 with 3001 viewsrobith

No, instead we should have a media where by the Chancellor of the sitting government can resign and become editor of one of the UK's biggest circulating papers, no questions asked
Karma AND schadenfreude on 13:54 - Aug 30 with 2949 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Karma AND schadenfreude on 09:04 - Aug 30 by Beckenhamhoop

Yes, all journalists should be screened for their appointment by members of the proletariat and any news favourable to the Dear Leader should be published in a new newspaper called ‘The Truth’.

Skipping past the snideness, yeah I do think the ‘proletariat’ who pay for the BBC should vote on it’s director general.

At the very least no government should be making appointments and a reasonable amount of conflict of interest regulation should be implemented.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2018 13:56]
Karma AND schadenfreude on 13:58 - Aug 30 with 2938 viewsJacksDad

I have all their albums .... curious fusion of hippy house and post-industrial rock
Karma AND schadenfreude on 14:00 - Aug 30 with 2937 viewssmegma

Karma AND schadenfreude on 12:18 - Aug 30 by DWQPR

Nothing to do with the government but everything to do with the financial regulator, firstly the FSA and the most useless of bar stewards in charge Hector Sants who then left as CEO to take up a position as an adviser with Barclays I kid you not, and then the FCA. When Wonga first came along it was so easy to recognise when they were going to prey on with their incredible interest rates and nothing was done which encouraged other likewise lenders to follow suit which also expanded into log book lending. Yep, taking loans out against your car, a depreciating asset. And the regulator did nothing for years until they woke up in 2015! Hurrah. From that moment you could see the outcome. This isn’t a victory for the regulator but another dismal failure of allowing things to get out of hand. They continually justify their existence by such headlines when in fact they are in fact the architects of the problem.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2018 16:25]

How does 'predictive text' put 'givernobut' when you obviously meant 'government' ???

Boils my piss.
Karma AND schadenfreude on 14:03 - Aug 30 with 2919 viewsSimonJames

Unfortunately I suspect they'll simply go into administration owing their creditors money that gets paid pennies on the pound.
Then the directors will pop up again soon with a new, debt free, Wonga mark 2.

100% of people who drink water will die.

Karma AND schadenfreude on 16:29 - Aug 30 with 2863 viewsrobith

Karma AND schadenfreude on 14:00 - Aug 30 by smegma

How does 'predictive text' put 'givernobut' when you obviously meant 'government' ???

Boils my piss.

The autocorrect on my phone regularly turns a blind eye to me accidentally putting numbers in words due to the small keyboard

"Sh3" - Yeah, seems legit
Karma AND schadenfreude on 18:38 - Aug 30 with 2803 viewsBeckenhamhoop

Karma AND schadenfreude on 13:54 - Aug 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

Skipping past the snideness, yeah I do think the ‘proletariat’ who pay for the BBC should vote on it’s director general.

At the very least no government should be making appointments and a reasonable amount of conflict of interest regulation should be implemented.
[Post edited 30 Aug 2018 13:56]

A far more reasoned response if I may say rather than just shaming some journalists who have a different political persuasion to yours. I do agree that the question of who appoints members of the BBC board is rightly one that needs to be scrutinised and discussed.

However your ridiculing of concerns about anti semitism in the Labour Party is unforgivable.
Karma AND schadenfreude on 19:31 - Aug 30 with 2767 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Karma AND schadenfreude on 18:38 - Aug 30 by Beckenhamhoop

A far more reasoned response if I may say rather than just shaming some journalists who have a different political persuasion to yours. I do agree that the question of who appoints members of the BBC board is rightly one that needs to be scrutinised and discussed.

However your ridiculing of concerns about anti semitism in the Labour Party is unforgivable.

It’s not their political persuasion that’s the problem though is it? It’s the conflict of interest that’s the issue.

As for the AS thing, i’m not seeking your forgiveness so we don’t have an issue.
Karma AND schadenfreude on 19:58 - Aug 30 with 2749 viewsE17hoop

Irrespective as to whether they're evil or not, they'll be laying off 500 people, many on minimum wage, who manned their call centre.

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

Karma AND schadenfreude on 23:19 - Aug 30 with 2657 viewsBeckenhamhoop

Karma AND schadenfreude on 19:31 - Aug 30 by BazzaInTheLoft

It’s not their political persuasion that’s the problem though is it? It’s the conflict of interest that’s the issue.

As for the AS thing, i’m not seeking your forgiveness so we don’t have an issue.

Oh dear. This is what is so wrong with Corbyn’s Labour Party. Very sad to see.
Karma AND schadenfreude on 23:32 - Aug 30 with 2639 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Karma AND schadenfreude on 23:19 - Aug 30 by Beckenhamhoop

800,000 Anti-Semites and going strong.
Karma AND schadenfreude on 07:45 - Aug 31 with 2575 viewsDWQPR

Karma AND schadenfreude on 23:19 - Aug 30 by Beckenhamhoop

Totally agree. When a very decent man like Frank Field resigns the Labour whip you know that there are major issues that aren’t and willingly are not being resolved by the Labour hierarchy. Aside from the anti-semitism the bullying over Labour moderates is going on unabated. And for Corbyn to continue to play his innocence card is nothing short of sickening. He knows what is going on and always has done.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Karma AND schadenfreude on 08:17 - Aug 31 with 2539 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Karma AND schadenfreude on 07:45 - Aug 31 by DWQPR

Totally agree. When a very decent man like Frank Field resigns the Labour whip you know that there are major issues that aren’t and willingly are not being resolved by the Labour hierarchy. Aside from the anti-semitism the bullying over Labour moderates is going on unabated. And for Corbyn to continue to play his innocence card is nothing short of sickening. He knows what is going on and always has done.

Same Frank Field who said disabled people should be paid less than minimum wage?

Last one from me Clive honest...

https://www.disabledgo.com/blog/2017/09/labour-mp-told-to-quit-influential-post-
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024