Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The match that mattered most 01:38 - Sep 9 with 6016 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Never seen this before. Love it u rrrs!

Poll: Expectations for this season?

The match that mattered most on 02:17 - Sep 9 with 4876 viewsgoldcoasthoop

Those were days
The match that mattered most on 10:50 - Sep 9 with 4644 viewsEsox_Lucius

A great day out watching football the way it was meant to be played! Not one of Dave Clements' better days defensively but he nearly got his name on the scoresheet at the end.

The grass is always greener.

The match that mattered most on 11:56 - Sep 9 with 4584 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Just watched it all. Lovely football from Rangers on a day when the nerves could have been crippling.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The match that mattered most on 12:26 - Sep 9 with 4554 viewsWestbourneR

The match that mattered most on 11:56 - Sep 9 by BrianMcCarthy

Just watched it all. Lovely football from Rangers on a day when the nerves could have been crippling.

As someone who (sadly) missed this era by a few years it’s really interesting to see extended highlights. Some nice players, some not so nice. Interesting to see how limited a game some of the lauded old players actually had. And surprising to see Bremner was so good on the ball. The lack of pace and athleticism is glaring.

But then is a pure unadultered joy to it all too. It’s so free and simple - and fun.

I’d have loved to have been at Loftus Road on a day like that.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

The match that mattered most on 13:21 - Sep 9 with 4487 viewsDavieQPR

After a quick sigh when looking at the team sheet one of the things that stood out was the size of the crowd. I was there with my late Dad.
The match that mattered most on 13:23 - Sep 9 with 4484 views2Thomas2Bowles

All the yeah I was there and stuff

Stan calling the ref a F-ing C*** for not giving the pen lol

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

The match that mattered most on 13:25 - Sep 9 with 4486 viewsterryb

That day is the only time I've stepped onto the LR pitch.

It was the end of a wonderful Rangers team which I was proud to watch & support.

I think we all knew Liverpool would win at Wolves, but the optimism reached unknown heights when Wolves were winning with twenty minutes left. I couldn't handle listening to the radio & kept going for walks around the garden to keep calm!
The match that mattered most on 13:27 - Sep 9 with 4485 viewsRangersDave

i was lucky to be with my dad and grandad at the back of the SAR ground in line with the centre circle that day. Back row, behind the seats there was just enough room for a 11 year old to stand and cheer.

a great day, after the match the players were in SAR stand and the players were chucking their boots etc into the crowd that were in the pitch, the noise was immense, the passion, pride and love for Rangers never surpassed (even on Zamorra day) to this day.

What a time to be a fan and god what a team we had 3-4 years either side of that day too.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Login to get fewer ads

The match that mattered most on 15:00 - Sep 9 with 4358 viewsenfieldargh

Was there too with my dad, had a season ticket but didn’t go to away games in those days, wish I had.

Magnificent season apart from not being able to record a win against Sheffield United who got relegated , think that’s where the points were lost, not at Norwich

Happy days with UEFA cup run the following season. Not sure why Jim Gregory didn’t invest more and bring in proper replacements for Webb and McClintock plus Gerry never really managed an injury free season after that

Happy days.

BZday tops it as I was with my sons for that

Just love the Rangers

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

The match that mattered most on 15:54 - Sep 9 with 4283 viewsstowmarketrange

The match that mattered most on 13:21 - Sep 9 by DavieQPR

After a quick sigh when looking at the team sheet one of the things that stood out was the size of the crowd. I was there with my late Dad.

31,002 was the crowd.I think the odd 2 were Leeds fans.Great day out and a great win.
We’d definitely settle for being champions for only 10 days now,but it didn’t seem fair at the time.

I was presented my medal for my recent 26 mile prostate cancer walk by Ray Clemence at Wembley and I should’ve told him that we should’ve won the league in 1976 but I forgot to mention it to him.
The match that mattered most on 16:01 - Sep 9 with 4267 viewsRangersDave

It's worth watching just the opening credits of that show just to see Stan walking with the ball keeping it in the air with each step!

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

The match that mattered most on 16:31 - Sep 9 with 4228 viewsStanisgod

Like it was yesterday. Remember trying to catch a boot or shirt but no luck. Bloke who used to work with my dad got Stans shirt. 😢😢

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

The match that mattered most on 17:39 - Sep 9 with 4141 viewsCamberleyR

The match that mattered most on 15:00 - Sep 9 by enfieldargh

Was there too with my dad, had a season ticket but didn’t go to away games in those days, wish I had.

Magnificent season apart from not being able to record a win against Sheffield United who got relegated , think that’s where the points were lost, not at Norwich

Happy days with UEFA cup run the following season. Not sure why Jim Gregory didn’t invest more and bring in proper replacements for Webb and McClintock plus Gerry never really managed an injury free season after that

Happy days.

BZday tops it as I was with my sons for that

Just love the Rangers

"Magnificent season apart from not being able to record a win against Sheffield United who got relegated , think that’s where the points were lost, not at Norwich"

As well as drawing at Sheff U, we also didn't win away at the other two relegated clubs Burnley (L) and Wolves (D). In fact we didn't beat any of the remaining bottom six away, Brum (D), West Ham (L) and Arsenal (L) the other three.

Some things never change....

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

The match that mattered most on 18:13 - Sep 9 with 4103 viewsHamptonR

It was my first season as a season ticket holder, although I had been to lots of games before, I was convinced that we would win the title even with 15 minutes left to play at Molineux 10 days later.

When the result came in, I burst out crying and my dad god bless him, said "Its bad enough not winning the title without you crying like a big girl"
From that point on I got used to disappointment from QPR.
The match that mattered most on 20:20 - Sep 9 with 3993 viewsBoston

The match that mattered most on 15:54 - Sep 9 by stowmarketrange

31,002 was the crowd.I think the odd 2 were Leeds fans.Great day out and a great win.
We’d definitely settle for being champions for only 10 days now,but it didn’t seem fair at the time.

I was presented my medal for my recent 26 mile prostate cancer walk by Ray Clemence at Wembley and I should’ve told him that we should’ve won the league in 1976 but I forgot to mention it to him.

Think you're right on the crowd size.

This thread found me pulling out the match programme, which btw, had a rather attractive flag covered front cover and, even though was hiked in price from 15p to 20p, sold out leaving thousands without a copy.

Flicking through, I note in the Ranger to Ranger column, an honourable mention to a 13yr old David Elderfield from Edgware. Hello Eldoe, you still read this board?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The match that mattered most on 20:45 - Sep 9 with 3954 viewsBoston

...and if any of you whippersnappers are wondering why the attendance was 31,002 when the corresponding fixture two seasons earlier had attracted 35,353? Bums on seats my friends, the club had gotten shot of the Paddock terraces.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The match that mattered most on 20:55 - Sep 9 with 3936 viewsstevec

The match that mattered most on 20:45 - Sep 9 by Boston

...and if any of you whippersnappers are wondering why the attendance was 31,002 when the corresponding fixture two seasons earlier had attracted 35,353? Bums on seats my friends, the club had gotten shot of the Paddock terraces.

And the terraces behind both ends that generated such fantastic support disappearing, like every other teams terracing, due to the scumbags who pipped us for the title.

I doubt there’s a more detestable team in the world.
The match that mattered most on 01:21 - Sep 10 with 3791 viewstimcocking

Cracking stuff.

Ahhh the terraces, so sadly lamented.
The match that mattered most on 15:12 - Sep 10 with 3554 viewssmegma

I spotted a very handsome 12 year old lad running in front of the Bowles Is God union flag at the very end.
The match that mattered most on 16:08 - Sep 10 with 3490 viewsMick_S

CliveWilsonSaid - thanks mate. I've mentioned before the amount of times I've scanned the advertising hoardings close to the director's box, looking for the company owned by my friend's Dad, in the various old videos we can now access. There it was - around 10.30 in - T. Hopwood Refractories. That's the family that got me supporting Rangers. Made my day.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

The match that mattered most on 10:05 - Sep 11 with 3213 viewsfrancisbowles

The match that mattered most on 20:55 - Sep 9 by stevec

And the terraces behind both ends that generated such fantastic support disappearing, like every other teams terracing, due to the scumbags who pipped us for the title.

I doubt there’s a more detestable team in the world.

Well I can think of one!
The match that mattered most on 10:30 - Sep 11 with 3163 viewsBostonR

I was there - what a season and what a team.

The result of that season was the 5-1 win at Derby who were champions - a Bowles hat-trick. It was obvious that we had a very special team, who were the best footballing side that season. I never missed a home game and went to quite a few away games. We were so dominant in many of those away matches.
The match that mattered most on 13:39 - Sep 11 with 3015 viewscharmr

Boston,

Dave Elderfield was someone I met on the loft and are good friends. Going to punk gigs and Wembley market. He’s now in Sweden and I managed to get his daughters as mascots for a game a few years ago.

That team had a profound effect on me regarding how football should/can be played. When Stan got the ball the WHOLE CROWD would either sit on the edge of their seat or hold their breath waiting to see what the magician was going to do. An amazing thing to experience and witness.
The match that mattered most on 13:48 - Sep 11 with 2999 viewsBostonR

The match that mattered most on 13:39 - Sep 11 by charmr

Boston,

Dave Elderfield was someone I met on the loft and are good friends. Going to punk gigs and Wembley market. He’s now in Sweden and I managed to get his daughters as mascots for a game a few years ago.

That team had a profound effect on me regarding how football should/can be played. When Stan got the ball the WHOLE CROWD would either sit on the edge of their seat or hold their breath waiting to see what the magician was going to do. An amazing thing to experience and witness.

I have often said on this forum that as the season went on the atmosphere was incredible. The last two home games, especially the Arsenal home game was something else with 30,000 plus attendances at LR.
The match that mattered most on 13:59 - Sep 11 with 2972 viewscharmr

People talk about the oldham game for noise and atmosphere, personally when Webb scored the winner against stoke that season to make it 3-2 with secs remaining beats it.
[Post edited 11 Sep 2018 14:00]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024