Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The future... 09:56 - Sep 16 with 4747 viewsdavman

So, we all know that FFP means that it's not going to be easy to compete successfully and that means that it will be harder to attract new fans, so surely the only option is to brainwash our offspring.

My boy is there and is well into the Rs, but what about others? I trust that every single father on here has fulfilled this basic, fatherly requirement on ensuring that they follow the right path? My tactic was simple - you can support someone else, but you will not see any games live until you are 18, 'cos I' m not taking you anywhere else. It has worked!

So, fess up, who has managed to pursuade their kids that it a'int that bad and who has failed to take their kids down the right path?

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

The future... on 10:09 - Sep 16 with 3855 viewsRangersw12

Yep all 3 support Rangers although the youngest hasn't been to a game yet

My middle one has been to about 7 games and only seen one win so he knows what to expect now!
The future... on 11:37 - Sep 16 with 3698 viewsenfieldargh

Both my boys are committed hoops but my daughter who was in the same class as Darnell Furlong at school being a hair stylist is only interested if one of our players has a nice hair cut with Luke Freeman coming out on top

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

The future... on 12:23 - Sep 16 with 3630 viewsDejR_vu

Tried that. Trouble is, when they get old enough to think for themselves they can see what we all know. Then they want to know how you could be so cruel to your own children

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

The future... on 12:29 - Sep 16 with 3609 viewsenfieldargh

The future... on 12:23 - Sep 16 by DejR_vu

Tried that. Trouble is, when they get old enough to think for themselves they can see what we all know. Then they want to know how you could be so cruel to your own children

Yes especially when we trudge home from another defeat to be met by my wife saying why dont you support a decent team like everyone else in our area like 'arsenal ; she just doesn't get it!

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

The future... on 12:30 - Sep 16 with 3608 viewsDylanP

Proud father of a brainwashed son. Son is full-on bleeds-blue-and-white Superhoop.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

The future... on 12:48 - Sep 16 with 3578 viewsOakR

I've taken my oldest to around 4 games now, plus a friendly.

It's been difficult after the Wold Cup with Spurs (Harry Kane) and Liverpool (not sure why) being his favourite 'other league' teams, but he knows to say QPR is who he supports. I agree taking him to matches, and showing the odd one on TV is probably the only way. His favourite player was Smithies (he likes being a goalie), and him leaving and being replaced with Ingram's difficult start was not ideal - but Lumley is the new hero.

Things I have found work:

1. He loves going if his Uncle is there also
2. When we play football, he pretends to be Lumley and we will go through QPR players shooting so he knows the whole team now
3. Take food. Watching us is often dire so distraction is needed - he has described some matches as 'a bit exciting and also a bit boring'. Kids love to eat - take enough food to feed a herd of elephants and you should be good. Magazines etc can also be good.

I've wondered whether I should inflict this lifelong pain on him (and his bother) however living in SE London, the alternative might be Millwall or Palace, or any Premier League team. It feels like we are in some sort of cult we know will bring us more pain than joy, takes up so much time, but still we go on! One for the psychologists!

Poll: Will we stay up?

The future... on 12:52 - Sep 16 with 3569 viewsMatch82

"My tactic was simple - you can support someone else, but you will not see any games live until you are 18, 'cos I' m not taking you anywhere else. It has worked!"

My dad did the same thing. Bstard. Wait... Dad?

My two year old daughter is extremely into pink things at the moment so the away kit is actually working out well for me. She's still confused between QPR and Chicago Cubs but she knows she has to support both so that's a start.
The future... on 13:02 - Sep 16 with 3535 viewsDorse

Mini Dorse is a full-on R. Wears the kit at every opportunity and hates the Scum with a passion. Took him along to Aldershot in preseason a couple of years back: he is hooked.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Login to get fewer ads

The future... on 13:19 - Sep 16 with 3494 viewsLondon_Pride

As a father with two daughters living far from W12 it has been a challenge. Even worse, the eldest was born in Chelsea and Westminster hospital in a room overlooking Stamford Bridge.
Tactics in the early years was to keep it simple . Both girls learnt to say ‘boo’ in response to ‘Ch***ea’ and hooray in response to ‘QPR’ before they were one. Once they were older i found that Jude the Cat was a good way of obtaining loyalty. Unfortunately these days , it is only by offering a combination QPR / Westfield experience that I can still get their attention. I blame the mother!
The future... on 13:39 - Sep 16 with 3459 viewsdavman

The future... on 12:23 - Sep 16 by DejR_vu

Yeah, at that point you can disown though, can't you????

The thing I need to work on though is getting one or two of his mates along so that he can go without me in years to come...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

The future... on 13:51 - Sep 16 with 3415 viewsDavieQPR

Reminds me of when we played Spurs in the Prem. After the match all the QPR players stopped their cars to sign autographs and talk to the kids. The Spurs players drove straight out.
A young Spurs supporter turned to his dad and said 'I wish I was a QPR supporter'.
That's the difference.
The future... on 14:06 - Sep 16 with 3357 viewsfournil

We live in Leeds so I have total respect for my eldest (11) who is not afraid to wear his hoops and when asked will answer that he supports QPR.
Unfortunately I only get to away games now - enough said. Poor lad never gets to see us win live. Last season we went to Forest away - I took my youngest son as well - that didn’t work out well!
We then all made the pilgrimage to Loftus Road in January - saw the Middlesbrough match - again what a nightmare.
This season we all went to Preston - sigh and I decided not to go to Bolton yesterday - typical!
I’ve virtually given up getting the youngest to buy in to all things hoops but i’ve settled for my oldest facing a life of misery and despair.
You Rrrrrs.
The future... on 14:32 - Sep 16 with 3297 viewsBoston

One blue, two pinks...all raised in USA, all QPR. I don't tolerate nonsense in my house.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

The future... on 14:36 - Sep 16 with 3291 viewsTacticalR

The future... on 11:37 - Sep 16 by enfieldargh

Both my boys are committed hoops but my daughter who was in the same class as Darnell Furlong at school being a hair stylist is only interested if one of our players has a nice hair cut with Luke Freeman coming out on top

We should only sign players with nice hair.

Air hostess clique

The future... on 14:39 - Sep 16 with 3284 viewsJuzzie

My boy is 4 in a few weeks and wears QPR stuff frim time to time. Knew how to say QPR early on but at the moment is just kinda ok with football, not fussed one way or the other. I’ll start ramping up the ante in the next year.
The future... on 15:41 - Sep 16 with 3216 viewsGroveR

The future... on 13:51 - Sep 16 by DavieQPR

Reminds me of when we played Spurs in the Prem. After the match all the QPR players stopped their cars to sign autographs and talk to the kids. The Spurs players drove straight out.
A young Spurs supporter turned to his dad and said 'I wish I was a QPR supporter'.
That's the difference.

At the Game for Grenfell my youngest asked me why there were chickens wearing football shirts. Any other day I'd have said they're cocks, like everyone connected with spurs but that game was for loving not hating.

The future... on 17:30 - Sep 16 with 3120 viewsLancsR

Yesterday was my eldest lad, who is 10, first time seeing us win in 5 years of supporting Rangers. He's only been going to away games which is usually a miserable experience. We live in Chorley and he's been to 12 games in that time. Safe to say it was a good day for us! My daughter has no interest in football but my youngest who is 5 is a fellow R.
The future... on 18:16 - Sep 16 with 3035 viewsloftboy

6 kids, 4 had season tickets two have no interest in football, started taking them from the age of 4, unfortunately my 3 youngest were taken up north by my ex and rarely get to see them let alone take them to football, my eldest son lives in assisted living and we went to a couple of game together last season, hopefully take him to a few this season.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

The future... on 18:30 - Sep 16 with 3019 viewscoldchilling

Having been going for over 35years now I felt it only right that my son also share in the joy and pain. Started taking him two seasons ago and now at 10 years old he is probably one of the loudest Home supporters in the lower loft. Apologies if you sit near us!! He is very passionate, so much so that I was able to get season tickets for us this year. I joined him as a junior hoop at birth so my spurs wife didn’t get to him first. 🤪
The future... on 18:39 - Sep 16 with 3000 viewsblacky2013

Surely this would count as child abuse.
The future... on 18:42 - Sep 16 with 2997 viewskingo

I have 5 sons and all have/are season ticket holders. My eldest, who is now 30, once came home and said he was getting grief for not being Man U or Arsenal and I told him that we don't win things very often, but when we do it feels so, so much better than it does for the armchair Gooners and Mancs. After we had won the league in Watford, he came up to me in The Horns pub and said Dad you were right, this feeling is unbelievable. We then proceeded to get well drunk.

RIP: Sniffer, Doug and Pat

The future... on 18:51 - Sep 16 with 2982 viewsflynnbo

The future... on 12:30 - Sep 16 by DylanP

Proud father of a brainwashed son. Son is full-on bleeds-blue-and-white Superhoop.

Same here.
The future... on 19:05 - Sep 16 with 2961 viewsngbqpr

Exiled in Nottingham from when my eldest was one, he's now 24 and a complete Rs diehard with a full on hatred for Forest.

Daughter, now 20, was keen for several years...gone off football in general, but if asked would say QPR and Newcastle (mum's team).

Youngest, 14, took a few years to be convinced, but the Warnock promotion season was the clincher, been diehard ever since.

Mostly away games for us, with 3 or 4 W12 pilgrimages a year.

Of the three mates I've been going with regularly from late 70s / early 80s onwards, whilst all still live in the south, all are well away from west London but their 6 kids are all diehards as well.

As davman says, it's the only way...(tho when crowds drop down to 11-13k, I don't know why we don't give a thousand free tickets out to local schools on a frequent basis).

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

The future... on 07:35 - Sep 17 with 2733 viewsnix

Two boys and a sister are my recruits to the Rs! Boys now 14 and 17 so I can’t see them changing now. One of them also supports Barcelona for balance, which is great most of the time as they normally win but can be a pain around el Classico time as he doesn’t belt up about Madrid cheats. Was relieved when Ronaldo left.
The future... on 08:02 - Sep 17 with 2709 viewsmikeygunn

One girl who is 5. She has 100% win record from 2 away games! First game when she was 3 and again on Saturday. She loved it and can't wait to come again. was a few kids round us, 2 of which were glued to iPhones playing games and the other was faced down on the seats behind us, which to be fair I was doing for the same for the last 10 minutes.

Completely different, but not unpleasant, experience when you go with the family and not with mates, hoping one day they will merge into the same thing and she will go to the bar for the old man!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024