Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just back … 23:03 - Sep 19 with 5823 viewsNW5Hoop

1. We deserved to win on the strength of the first half. That was unrecognisable from even the win against Wigan. Incisive football, quick passing, attractive and effective.
2. The second half was a bit horrible. Even though Leistner and Lynch won almost everything, it was always slightly terrifying wondering where the ball might go from their clearances. But at least they made the clearances.
3. Eze really does look like a talent, doesn't he? But I get McLaren's point about him needing work. There were a couple of times in the second half when he'd done the tracking back, and then forgot that having got into position he needed to keep an eye on his man, But I'm not going to complain. He's entertaining.
4. Lumley worries me. I haven't seen him concede a goal, but he does look shaky on crosses. I suspect the clean sheets are as much luck as judgment.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 23:13]
Just back … on 23:08 - Sep 19 with 4784 viewssmegma

4. Harsh
Just back … on 23:09 - Sep 19 with 4755 viewsNW5Hoop

Just back … on 23:08 - Sep 19 by smegma

4. Harsh

Well, it's how I feel watching him!
Just back … on 23:13 - Sep 19 with 4714 viewsridethewave

Get what you mean, doesn’t seem full of confidence when the ball comes across but certainly he seems more assured than Ingram.
Just back … on 23:19 - Sep 19 with 4605 viewssmegma

Just back … on 23:09 - Sep 19 by NW5Hoop

"I suspect the clean sheets are as much luck as judgement ???"

Give the bloke and his defence some credit. 5 games, 4 clean sheets.
Just back … on 23:26 - Sep 19 with 4536 viewsNW5Hoop

Just back … on 23:19 - Sep 19 by smegma

"I suspect the clean sheets are as much luck as judgement ???"

Give the bloke and his defence some credit. 5 games, 4 clean sheets.

God, I'll take the clean sheets. Doesn't stop my heart being in my mouth every time he comes for a cross. Come on, you know that there'll be a game where every time he flaps ends in a goal, and we ship four or five. It's the law of averages. But I won't be shouting at him when it does happen. Barton remains the only QPR player I've shouted at.
Just back … on 23:31 - Sep 19 with 4475 viewsbaz_qpr

Totally with you on point 4 goalkeeping coach needs to work overtime with him on when to stay when to come when to catch and when to punch. Was more indecisive than against Wigan, punched one first half he should have caught early second half should have come for one and then came and missed for the next one which was never his in a million years.

1st half was good as we've looked since relegation
Just back … on 23:45 - Sep 19 with 4378 viewsgobbles

Smithies looked a worry first few games he played and made a couple of bad errors. Then they went back to Rob Green. Look how he turned out. Fans have to stop jumping on players as so quick. Surely it is not too much to ask for a player, especially a goalkeeper, to get a decent run without getting criticised - especially when we are winning and that goalkeeper has let in precisely one goal in 450 minutes of action this season.
Just back … on 23:46 - Sep 19 with 4366 viewsToast_R

I think we got lucky with the header off the bar and then the ball rebounding harmlessly into Lumley's hands. Had that gone in with the pressure and possession Millwall had for that long spell in the second half, I think we'd have been lucky to hold on.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 23:47]
Login to get fewer ads

Just back … on 23:48 - Sep 19 with 4351 viewsqpr1976

Just back … on 23:09 - Sep 19 by NW5Hoop

I feel for your colon if & when Ingram starts again !
Just back … on 00:02 - Sep 20 with 4257 viewsconnell10

Just back … on 23:13 - Sep 19 by ridethewave

Get what you mean, doesn’t seem full of confidence when the ball comes across but certainly he seems more assured than Ingram.

Well get used to it me old mucker!! I personally feel joe is a top keeper and will continue to support one of our young uns!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Just back … on 00:39 - Sep 20 with 4153 viewsbosh67

Lumley is learning but he talks all the time, his distribution is good. He is a good shot stopper. He needs to improve on crosses and calling the ball on the edge of his area. But it will come.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Just back … on 01:06 - Sep 20 with 4093 viewsBenny_the_Ball

The criticism levelled here at Lumley is constructive and the views of the posters should be respected. If you can't handle it then tough.
Just back … on 06:13 - Sep 20 with 3869 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Glad we won. Sounds as if there’s more minerals than a month ago. Well done Rs!

There are many aspects that can be considered ‘work in progress’ but it’s about getting through this season as relatively unscathed, safe and with a platform to move forward.

Of course, the silly buggers will likely go and get promoted!!!

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Just back … on 07:24 - Sep 20 with 3622 viewspaulparker

I’ve got to say that Lumley doesn’t fill me with confidence but our defence held firm and did well but we gave the ball away to much in the2nd half and put to much pressure on ourselves , very impressed with wells who looked class and held the ball up , Lynch runs him close to MOTM here cleared everything
Still early days but we have a decent run of fixtures the next few weeks and if we can nick points here and there we should be in a very decent position come Xmas

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Just back … on 08:01 - Sep 20 with 3457 viewsozexile

I think he looks fine. But if a player hits a long ball from 35 metres into your 6 yd box it has to be keepers ball. Our defence were dropping way too deep to head things.
Just back … on 08:36 - Sep 20 with 3338 viewsBostonR

Our performance had everything.

Neat, tidy and quick in the first halve and it could have been 4-0 at HT. Really solid in the second halve. Last season we would have folded under the industrial approach from Millwall, but I thought Lynch was outstanding.

Also great to have a strong presence in front of the back-four. I thought we looked like Preston from last season.

Well done to the management team and squad.
Just back … on 09:48 - Sep 20 with 3096 viewsfrancisbowles

Yea Lynch has been playing very well last few games.

Must be looking forward to his half term and then Christmas Holidays!
Just back … on 10:09 - Sep 20 with 3028 viewsPinnerPaul

Just back … on 23:46 - Sep 19 by Toast_R

I think we got lucky with the header off the bar and then the ball rebounding harmlessly into Lumley's hands. Had that gone in with the pressure and possession Millwall had for that long spell in the second half, I think we'd have been lucky to hold on.
[Post edited 19 Sep 2018 23:47]

Cousins one on one with their keeper, terrific double save from Wells and then Bidwell, one on one with Mass, followed by shot off the line, fine save from Hemed free kick - you could equally say it could have been 4 or 5!
Just back … on 10:11 - Sep 20 with 3012 viewsPinnerPaul

Just back … on 07:24 - Sep 20 by paulparker

I’ve got to say that Lumley doesn’t fill me with confidence but our defence held firm and did well but we gave the ball away to much in the2nd half and put to much pressure on ourselves , very impressed with wells who looked class and held the ball up , Lynch runs him close to MOTM here cleared everything
Still early days but we have a decent run of fixtures the next few weeks and if we can nick points here and there we should be in a very decent position come Xmas

Presume you now think we WILL get to 40 pts then?

Not having a pop, no one could have foreseen the improvement after THAT result.
Just back … on 10:15 - Sep 20 with 2992 viewsPinnerPaul

Just back from walking round the ground twice!

Not read any other threads yet, so apologies if this is said elsewhere, but to me the key to the 1st half was Cameron.

He sat in front of back 4 protecting them, but it also allowed Luongo/Cousins (Their best games this season by a mile) to create things. It also allowed Freeman and Eze into positions that hurt Millwall.

Don't think its a coincidence we got worse as Cameron got tired.

Footnote - Sad that 'Just back' is so short after a win, yet after a defeat...…………..
Just back … on 10:18 - Sep 20 with 2982 viewsjohnhoop

That first half was the best football I’ve seen us play for a very long time. We had some exciting games last year and some great results when we beat Wolves and Sheffield U when they were top of the table but I don’t believe the level of football played was anything like as fluent as it was last night. I think Wells makes a huge difference and it really makes Saturday and future games something to look forward to. Maybe if we keep playing like this for a few months the missing thousands might start to return.
Just back … on 11:47 - Sep 20 with 2830 viewspaulparker

Just back … on 10:11 - Sep 20 by PinnerPaul

Presume you now think we WILL get to 40 pts then?

Not having a pop, no one could have foreseen the improvement after THAT result.

Maybe we will , our front players are very good but the back four and keeper scare the Sh1t out of me when the oppo attacks us , we didn’t keep the ball very well for the first 25 minutes of the second half we need to improve on that
Il give credit to McLaren for turning it around though and making cousins look like a footballer
We have some winnable games coming up so hopefully we can continue picking up points here and there

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Just back … on 12:41 - Sep 20 with 2741 viewsPinnerPaul

Just back … on 11:47 - Sep 20 by paulparker

Maybe we will , our front players are very good but the back four and keeper scare the Sh1t out of me when the oppo attacks us , we didn’t keep the ball very well for the first 25 minutes of the second half we need to improve on that
Il give credit to McLaren for turning it around though and making cousins look like a footballer
We have some winnable games coming up so hopefully we can continue picking up points here and there

Its the consistency thing isn't it?

1st half we looked very very good, 2nd half not so much.

Just as we all start getting excited, I'm sure we'll throw in a stinker - lets hope its not for a while!
Just back … on 13:02 - Sep 20 with 2701 viewsthemodfather

glad we won, got ahead and added the 2nd....ok they had a few chances in the 2nd half but thats expected.
5 unbeaten and confidence must be high in the dressing room and a far cry from how it was after wba!
Just back … on 13:22 - Sep 20 with 2647 viewsBklynRanger

Just back … on 10:15 - Sep 20 by PinnerPaul

Just back from walking round the ground twice!

Not read any other threads yet, so apologies if this is said elsewhere, but to me the key to the 1st half was Cameron.

He sat in front of back 4 protecting them, but it also allowed Luongo/Cousins (Their best games this season by a mile) to create things. It also allowed Freeman and Eze into positions that hurt Millwall.

Don't think its a coincidence we got worse as Cameron got tired.

Footnote - Sad that 'Just back' is so short after a win, yet after a defeat...…………..

Agree with that, definitely. Cameron looked extremely comfortable in that role - could undoubtedly mentor Hall in that position if he ever emerges from his oxygen tent.

Them bringing on Morrison did put more pressure on us at the back though - they should've started him.

And while giving Lynch full credit I also think Rangel deserves a lot of credit - you can see the experience and organisation he brings.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024