Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Construction News report on the delays to Tottenham Hotspur’s £850m stadium 11:58 - Sep 21 with 8637 viewsTacticalR

'"Stop what you’re doing!" cries a supervisor, halting the work of a gang of electricians on Tottenham Hotspur’s new £850m stadium.

The sudden stop is due to the appearance of workers from an air-conditioning subcontractor, who are carrying a large piece of metallic piping. These AC workers have turned up to finish their installation. The problem is, the electricians were told the AC work had already been completed.

As a result, all the work the electricians had done has to be torn out. This is made all the more frustrating by the fact that completed electrics, carried out on the exact same spot, had already been completely ripped out two weeks earlier for the same reason.

Electricians had worked all weekend to complete their work on this first occasion, only to discover on the Monday that the air-conditioning had not been installed. A fortnight later they think the AC has finally been finished; again they have to rip it out.

This is just one alleged instance of poor co-ordination and communication that sources working on the project have shared with CN to help explain the stadium’s delay, announced last month.'

CN exclusively reveals allegations that site chaos, confusion and ill-discipline lie behind the delays to Tottenham Hotspur’s £850m stadium.
https://www.constructionnews.co.uk/projects/inside-spurs-stadium-ive-never-in-my

Air hostess clique

Construction News report on the delays to Tottenham Hotspur’s £850m stadium on 12:06 - Sep 21 with 7694 views2Thomas2Bowles

Who cares

What's the news on WF and LCS

Have QPR been to B&Q and got a spade yet

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Construction News report on the delays to Tottenham Hotspur’s £850m stadium on 12:43 - Sep 21 with 7548 viewsNorthernr

Construction News report on the delays to Tottenham Hotspur’s £850m stadium on 12:06 - Sep 21 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Who cares

What's the news on WF and LCS

Have QPR been to B&Q and got a spade yet

Just because you don’t care doesn’t mean other ppl aren’t interested. Read it on the train home last night, interesting but rather over blown as a story for the anecdotes they had to back it up.
Construction News report on the delays to Tottenham Hotspur’s £850m stadium on 12:57 - Sep 21 with 7478 viewsMrSheen

Construction News report on the delays to Tottenham Hotspur’s £850m stadium on 12:43 - Sep 21 by Northernr

Just because you don’t care doesn’t mean other ppl aren’t interested. Read it on the train home last night, interesting but rather over blown as a story for the anecdotes they had to back it up.

Building worker has beer for breakfast shock.
Construction News report on the delays to Tottenham Hotspur’s £850m stadium on 13:15 - Sep 21 with 7422 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Mark my words, this has nothing to do with the football and everything to do with their cheese room.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Construction News report on the delays to Tottenham Hotspur’s £850m stadium on 13:17 - Sep 21 with 7419 viewspaesanu

As I started reading the first post I thought it was going to be a joke.

Then realised that it wasn't.

Which makes it a joke

Poll: If you see someone filming their partner driving at 160mph.. would you

Construction News report on the delays to Tottenham Hotspur’s £850m stadium on 13:58 - Sep 21 with 7293 viewsted_hendrix

"This is just one alleged instance of poor co-ordination and communication that *sources* working on the project"

"Of all the stories CN has heard from project * insiders*"

"*Sources* claim that an unclear management structure"

"Multiple *sources* claim this arrangement led to subcontractors focusing only on completing their own tasks"

"the *insiders* claim"

"Mace’s visibility on the site prior to the delay being announced was also limited, according to the *sources*"

"CN’s *sources* allege."

"“They are like a toothless lion, they have got no claws and no teeth,” a *source* with in-depth knowledge of the management structure tells CN"

“I don’t really know who the construction managers really are — Mace? Tottenham?” the same* insider* says."

"CN’s onsite *sources*." "a *source* on the site tells CN." "CN has heard other *alleged* instances where the work of one subcontractor hindered that of another."
"“There was just no communication,” a *source* tells CN"
"A number of *sources* on the project claim"

Fck me now they've gone and run out of source in the canteen "an insider alleges"

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Construction News report on the delays to Tottenham Hotspur’s £850m stadium on 14:54 - Sep 21 with 7169 viewsthame_hoops

Is it the same clowns who constructed Readings Madeski. I oversaw the water treatment there and the organisation was shockingly bad
Construction News report on the delays to Tottenham Hotspur’s £850m stadium on 14:56 - Sep 21 with 7163 viewskensalriser

Oooh, there's gonna be trouble now!

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Login to get fewer ads

Construction News report on the delays to Tottenham Hotspur’s £850m stadium on 15:22 - Sep 21 with 7081 viewsLblock

I was told months ago the place was chaos

The fire alarm loops were ages behind and those that were installed had failed their tests. The BIM design apparently is littered with clashes and errors which is really odd and very embarrassing for the industry

The word was the stadium had no chance of being finished this year and doubtful by the end of the season. My first thoughts were that if I was a Contractor there I’d be looking at a revised payment plan before going any further; can see Levy pulling a few instalments at the end before he goes legal. Trickle down effect of that will hurt

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Construction News report on the delays to Tottenham Hotspur’s £850m stadium on 15:24 - Sep 21 with 7077 viewsdaveB

friend of mine had been working there and they tried to get him to become a Spurs employee rather than be a contractor, if he agreed he would be paid with a 5 season ticket rather than with money which h wasn't keen on as he supports West Ham so he ended up leaving to a different job. It sounds an absolute farce, Tony Fernandes level of incompetence all round.
Construction News report on the delays to Tottenham Hotspur’s £850m stadium on 15:41 - Sep 21 with 7034 viewshopphoops

Construction News report on the delays to Tottenham Hotspur’s £850m stadium on 13:15 - Sep 21 by PlanetHonneywood

Mark my words, this has nothing to do with the football and everything to do with their cheese room.

That's the only possible reason for AC in Tottenham.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Construction News report on the delays to Tottenham Hotspur’s £850m stadium on 17:52 - Sep 26 with 6424 viewsJuzzie

Due to the delays with their new ground we have an interesting situation in that the Spurs v Watford cup game tonight is being played closer to the away team than the home, and it's not even what would be considered a neutral ground Round.
Construction News report on the delays to Tottenham Hotspur’s £850m stadium on 19:50 - Sep 26 with 6308 viewsstowmarketrange

I went past it on the train on Saturday and it looks a very impressive stadium from the outside.It might be a while before I get to look inside it though.
Construction News report on the delays to Tottenham Hotspur’s £850m stadium on 21:35 - Sep 26 with 6217 viewsEsox_Lucius

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45586929

The grass is always greener.

Construction News report on the delays to Tottenham Hotspur’s £850m stadium on 13:00 - Oct 6 with 5879 viewsTacticalR

This article is behind the FT's paywall and we're not supposed to copy whole articles, so here are a few paragraphs:

'Despite an army of 3,800 workers that have at times been paid at a premium, the arena is already a month late, and may not be finished by Christmas. This is bumping up costs for Spurs, as the club is known, which has already taken a financial hit from transferring several games across the city to Wembley Stadium.'

'Electricians on the site are being paid more than double the normal rate, at up to £400 a day, in a competitive race for workers with Crossrail, London’s new east-west railway line, which is also behind schedule and struggling to find labour.'

'Spurs, the 11th richest club in the world in terms of revenues according to the consultancy Deloitte, has faced added difficulties because it opted for a contracting model where Mace, the construction company, was employed as project manager responsible for overall delivery but with no control over more than 100 contracts that the football club negotiated itself.'

Skills shortage delays Spurs’ goal of joining football’s elite
https://www.ft.com/content/b9abeea4-c2ff-11e8-95b1-d36dfef1b89a

Air hostess clique

Construction News report on the delays to Tottenham Hotspur’s £850m stadium on 15:22 - Dec 17 with 5043 viewsJuzzie

The new ground will have a roof that can be opened and closed depending on the conditions.

Construction News report on the delays to Tottenham Hotspur’s £850m stadium on 17:14 - Dec 17 with 4801 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I'd heard that sparkys were on £400 a day but didn't really believe it.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Construction News report on the delays to Tottenham Hotspur’s £850m stadium on 18:29 - Dec 17 with 4700 viewsDavieQPR

Construction News report on the delays to Tottenham Hotspur’s £850m stadium on 17:14 - Dec 17 by BrianMcCarthy

I'd heard that sparkys were on £400 a day but didn't really believe it.

It's true one of my now very good mates is working there. Paying that sort of wage to get them over from Crossrail.
Construction News report on the delays to Tottenham Hotspur’s £850m stadium on 19:16 - Dec 17 with 4639 viewskensalriser

How long will a crash course in sparkism take? Got to be piss easy laying a few wires around and connecting them.

Construction News report on the delays to Tottenham Hotspur’s £850m stadium on 22:26 - Dec 17 with 4487 viewsBoston

Construction News report on the delays to Tottenham Hotspur’s £850m stadium on 19:16 - Dec 17 by kensalriser

How long will a crash course in sparkism take? Got to be piss easy laying a few wires around and connecting them.

We’ll start your training on chairs.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Construction News report on the delays to Tottenham Hotspur’s £850m stadium on 22:34 - Dec 17 with 4473 viewskensalriser

Construction News report on the delays to Tottenham Hotspur’s £850m stadium on 22:26 - Dec 17 by Boston

We’ll start your training on chairs.

Easy?

Construction News report on the delays to Tottenham Hotspur’s £850m stadium on 01:24 - Dec 18 with 4371 viewsBoston

Construction News report on the delays to Tottenham Hotspur’s £850m stadium on 22:34 - Dec 17 by kensalriser

Easy?

Lazy boy!
[Post edited 18 Dec 2018 1:27]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Construction News report on the delays to Tottenham Hotspur’s £850m stadium on 03:52 - Dec 18 with 4320 viewssmegma

Spurs noted 6,000 season ticket holders to an 'opening day' at the new ground on Sunday. It looks absolutely superb from the views pitchside to the bars, restaurant facilities etc.....
Construction News report on the delays to Tottenham Hotspur’s £850m stadium on 08:27 - Dec 18 with 4163 viewsToast_R

So they've had a few wrinkles to iron out but in 3 or 4 years time none of that will be remembered and they will have been playing in one of the best venues in the world designed specifically for for football and logistically, they've not had budge a smegging inch to achieve it. Bastards.
Construction News report on the delays to Tottenham Hotspur’s £850m stadium on 08:46 - Dec 18 with 4138 viewsstowmarketrange

Construction News report on the delays to Tottenham Hotspur’s £850m stadium on 08:27 - Dec 18 by Toast_R

So they've had a few wrinkles to iron out but in 3 or 4 years time none of that will be remembered and they will have been playing in one of the best venues in the world designed specifically for for football and logistically, they've not had budge a smegging inch to achieve it. Bastards.

Those stands behind the goals do look a bit steep for some of the older fans to be able to reach.I thought the Amsterdam arena was steep enough but they look worse than that.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024