Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Post-match comments (Blackpool) 22:43 - Sep 25 with 14137 viewsphilosopher

Disgraceful. Seems to be blaming young players for not being up to it, and after the way he has treated them.
Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 22:51 - Sep 25 with 9409 viewsdaveB

No Different to Redknapp in everything he's done since becoming manager. Blaming the young players and fringe players standard stuff.

One good half of football all season so far.
Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 22:51 - Sep 25 with 9407 viewsRangersw12

It's really difficult to warm to him
Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 22:58 - Sep 25 with 9360 viewsJigsore

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 23:06 - Sep 25 with 9308 viewsozexile

A quite amazing interview, Throwing young players under the bus like it's nothing to do with him. He's in charge the buck stops with him, no one else.
Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 23:09 - Sep 25 with 9285 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Anyone got the clip or transcript?
Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 23:12 - Sep 25 with 9248 viewsconnell10

Just watched it and Wally seems to have totally washed his hands of any blame for this! Basically blaming the youngsters! FFS!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 23:16 - Sep 25 with 9223 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Here it is.

Usual post match bullshit, but can’t see how he blamed the youngsters.

https://mobile.twitter.com/QPR/status/1044702566167334912/video/1
Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 23:27 - Sep 25 with 9159 viewswombat

Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 23:16 - Sep 25 by BazzaInTheLoft

Here it is.

The comment on players who had there eyes on the first team seemed to be one for me , wont listen to the full commentary as a ipad is expensive to repair , blokes a fraud , has always been a fraud and comes third in a long list of frauds who have managed our club

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Login to get fewer ads

Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 23:28 - Sep 25 with 9153 viewsingeminate

Here it is.

Ha! Just watched that - who is he kidding with his talk about physicality!
Blackpool slung in some crosses from deep and it’s true had some big players, but they didn’t play long ball. They played right through us in the middle of the park, were much more comfortable on the ball, sharper and more skilful. They were also a cohesive unit who were up for it. We were the ones who spent the first half booting them up in the air not the other way round.
Ah he really is a dick.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2018 23:34]

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 23:45 - Sep 25 with 9042 viewsdaveB

Here it is.

Said it was an eye opener for them and those who want to be in the team. Shifting blame. Basically the same thing redknapp said after we lost to MK Dons in the cup and he picked a similar team of players who hadn't played for weeks and had never started a first team game as an 11 before.

And the way he adjusts his trousers all the time drives me mad, buy a belt
Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 23:46 - Sep 25 with 9036 viewsHunterhoop

Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 22:51 - Sep 25 by Rangersw12

It's really difficult to warm to him

It is. I thought he’d come in and be genuinely up for revitalising his career and coaching a promising set of youngsters.

It is literally the opposite.

We’re boring and lack any urgency. So does he. And he seem to think all our failures are down to our young players, even when more than half the team aren’t young!

Scowen has been dreadful this season and Cousins gets himself sent off. Both played tons of first team games in their careers. Hall, Baptiste, Smith, Ingram, Wszolek, ditto. Even BOS played a couple of seasons in Blackpool’s first team. In other games, it’s just been Eze and Lumley who are “young”. Lord knows what’s happening behind the scenes, but something tells me Les and Hoos can’t be happy with him. I even wonder if he’s already reached the Redknapp stage of deliberately undermining the team to “prove a point”.
Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 23:58 - Sep 25 with 8987 viewssuperhoopdownunder

If we had scouted correctly we would have realised Blackpool are no mugs and quite resolute.
What do all the support staff do again?

He is the manager and responsible for selecting that team.
He got it wrong.

He also got it wrong at home to Norwich and took 77 minutes to make a change.

He needs to take responsibility for his decisions and actions.

All the good will that had been built up to and after the Millwall game has been lost.
Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 00:32 - Sep 26 with 8886 viewsqprd

you cant just chuck on 11 random players who have not played together, many of whom have hardly played at all this season, and expect them to play cohesively....
Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 00:46 - Sep 26 with 8856 viewsbob566

Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 00:32 - Sep 26 by qprd

you cant just chuck on 11 random players who have not played together, many of whom have hardly played at all this season, and expect them to play cohesively....

Wed 9 changes. They had five changes. Their changes stepped up. Ours didnt
Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 01:55 - Sep 26 with 8768 viewsBoston

Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 00:46 - Sep 26 by bob566

Wed 9 changes. They had five changes. Their changes stepped up. Ours didnt

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 02:01 - Sep 26 with 8758 viewsbob566

Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 01:55 - Sep 26 by Boston

Great tune
Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 07:47 - Sep 26 with 8461 viewspaulparker

Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 22:51 - Sep 25 by daveB

No Different to Redknapp in everything he's done since becoming manager. Blaming the young players and fringe players standard stuff.

One good half of football all season so far.

This a 100% and then some
What the hell were we thinking appointing this clown
So far we have killed smyths, mannings, kaykays , scowens , ingrams , BOS, confidence
And for what ? Mclaren was supposed to enhance their talents not hinder them
What the hell are we resting players for anyway ? So we can turn up at Swansea and get d1cked 4-0
Your right Dave a few good 45 minutes here and there shouldn’t hide the fact that it’s been utterly atrocious this season

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 07:57 - Sep 26 with 8411 viewsozexile

Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 07:47 - Sep 26 by paulparker

This a 100% and then some
What the hell were we thinking appointing this clown
So far we have killed smyths, mannings, kaykays , scowens , ingrams , BOS, confidence
And for what ? Mclaren was supposed to enhance their talents not hinder them
What the hell are we resting players for anyway ? So we can turn up at Swansea and get d1cked 4-0
Your right Dave a few good 45 minutes here and there shouldn’t hide the fact that it’s been utterly atrocious this season

Yes it has.
Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 08:05 - Sep 26 with 8384 viewsRs_Holy

Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 23:27 - Sep 25 by wombat

The comment on players who had there eyes on the first team seemed to be one for me , wont listen to the full commentary as a ipad is expensive to repair , blokes a fraud , has always been a fraud and comes third in a long list of frauds who have managed our club

Yep!... He's got the perfect excuse to bin the youngsters now!
I dont want to slag him off because he saw what we needed to immediately improve the team and he went out and got those players. But as many have said before he's got a different set of rules to Ollie and apart from the goalkeeper has better options in all departments. Ollie was given a remit and he stuck to it.
If we survive this season then I suppose the plan has worked but its very short term and the development of the kids appears to have been ditched... That interview might come back to haunt him when the injuries and suspensions start kicking in?
Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 08:08 - Sep 26 with 8377 viewsCiderwithRsie

I don't think he - or maybe the club - know what they're for any more.

Most of us are realistic about where we are, we're not demanding promotion or cups, so what do we want? I want a team of players on wages we can afford who are doing the best they can and improving as individuals and a team; who we can be proud of; who are loyal to us (and in return feel that we care about them,) something to brighten up our lives a bit and give us something to look forward to each weekend. I really thought I was starting to see a bit of that last year.

But this is worse than just one crap performance - all teams get that, even our old heroes did it; but you can't be proud of a team going round looking for fights while getting outclassed by a club from a lower league; of a team that treats historic cup competitions (including the only trophy our club has ever won) as an inconvenience; or of a coach who slags off kids instead of taking responsibility.

I'm starting to think he's not that interested in football any more, it's just a job, and he doesn't get what a club can mean to people. Andy Sinton gets it, I think Les does and maybe Amit too - the need to get hold of him and get clear the level of commitment he needs to show.
Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 08:30 - Sep 26 with 8291 viewsloneranger1

Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 08:08 - Sep 26 by CiderwithRsie

I don't think he - or maybe the club - know what they're for any more.

Most of us are realistic about where we are, we're not demanding promotion or cups, so what do we want? I want a team of players on wages we can afford who are doing the best they can and improving as individuals and a team; who we can be proud of; who are loyal to us (and in return feel that we care about them,) something to brighten up our lives a bit and give us something to look forward to each weekend. I really thought I was starting to see a bit of that last year.

But this is worse than just one crap performance - all teams get that, even our old heroes did it; but you can't be proud of a team going round looking for fights while getting outclassed by a club from a lower league; of a team that treats historic cup competitions (including the only trophy our club has ever won) as an inconvenience; or of a coach who slags off kids instead of taking responsibility.

I'm starting to think he's not that interested in football any more, it's just a job, and he doesn't get what a club can mean to people. Andy Sinton gets it, I think Les does and maybe Amit too - the need to get hold of him and get clear the level of commitment he needs to show.

This.

Overall, I am so unimpressed with Mclaren to date.

I really enjoyed the first half of Millwall but as noted above, any goodwill from that has been wiped out by the last two games (not forgetting we've also had our worst ever start to a league season under him)
Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 08:33 - Sep 26 with 8279 viewsNorthernr

Basically Redknapp mark 2 this.

- Comes in, takes one look at the squad, demands the signing of a clutch of expensive, senior players.

- Sticks out nonsense teams in the cup competitions and no matter how well the fringe players play in them, they've no chance of making the league team.

- When said nonsense cup team loses a game, he says "well they can't knock on my door asking for first team chances now can they?" - as if being slung together like that in a scratchy team of players that haven't played for a month is any kind of chance.
Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 08:43 - Sep 26 with 8243 viewsYorkRanger

His comments on Blackpool being physical are laughable.
Yes they were a big side and a threat in the air from set pieces, but they actually passed and moved the ball very well with Spearing pulling the strings.
Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 08:47 - Sep 26 with 8218 viewsNorthernr

Sixth clean sheet of the season for Blackpool with Tilt at the back. Tilt who Penrice had picked out for Holloway to sign this summer but McClaren didn't want because he didn't want lower league players.
Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 08:51 - Sep 26 with 8209 viewsstevec

Post-match comments (Blackpool) on 08:33 - Sep 26 by Northernr

Basically Redknapp mark 2 this.

- Comes in, takes one look at the squad, demands the signing of a clutch of expensive, senior players.

- Sticks out nonsense teams in the cup competitions and no matter how well the fringe players play in them, they've no chance of making the league team.

- When said nonsense cup team loses a game, he says "well they can't knock on my door asking for first team chances now can they?" - as if being slung together like that in a scratchy team of players that haven't played for a month is any kind of chance.

Aside of Grant Hall and Scowen which of last nights team do you think are fit to wear a first team shirt?

Forget last nights result, who else in that side is good enough for the Championship?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024