Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steve McClaren P45 Sweepstake 00:05 - Sep 26 with 4348 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

It’s that time again.

Before anyone gets shitty consider this gallows humour.

Here’s my guess:

Steve McClaren P45 Sweepstake on 00:24 - Sep 26 with 3692 viewsbob566

He gave fringe players a shot. Shoot them. Scowen and cousins were disgraceful. Start a thread about them ahead of mcclaren
Steve McClaren P45 Sweepstake on 00:38 - Sep 26 with 3659 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Steve McClaren P45 Sweepstake on 00:24 - Sep 26 by bob566

He gave fringe players a shot. Shoot them. Scowen and cousins were disgraceful. Start a thread about them ahead of mcclaren

It’s not about McClaren it’s about our trigger happy club.
Steve McClaren P45 Sweepstake on 01:09 - Sep 26 with 3623 viewsbob566

Steve McClaren P45 Sweepstake on 00:38 - Sep 26 by BazzaInTheLoft

Reread the thread. Apologies
Steve McClaren P45 Sweepstake on 07:21 - Sep 26 with 3485 viewsdaveB

After the Brentford game
Steve McClaren P45 Sweepstake on 07:42 - Sep 26 with 3410 viewskingsburyR

Is there any season that this thread doesnt appear (bar 2011)???

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Steve McClaren P45 Sweepstake on 08:55 - Sep 26 with 3298 viewsLblock

Steve McClaren P45 Sweepstake on 07:21 - Sep 26 by daveB

After the Brentford game

Make you right

That walk in front of the Wendy house away end has done for a couple of the donuts in recent years.
Beginning to feel that Schteveee is a donut, the latest in a succession of donuts, we’ve had many before him and there’ll be plenty after him. Football is a mad old industry isn’t it?

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Steve McClaren P45 Sweepstake on 09:11 - Sep 26 with 3254 viewsisawqpratwcity

Did you do a similar sweep for Holloway?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Steve McClaren P45 Sweepstake on 09:47 - Sep 26 with 3172 viewsenfieldargh

Multiple deja vu about this thread

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Login to get fewer ads

Steve McClaren P45 Sweepstake on 09:51 - Sep 26 with 3146 viewsNorthernr

This is the thing none of our managers seem to get. They think the cup is a free hit, a chance to piss about, something we're not that bothered about. The fans don't.

So McClaren thinks last night is ok, Holloway thought losing 4-1 at home to Brentford was ok, Ramsey thought losing to Carlisle was ok, Redknapp thought losing at Burton was ok and so on and so on. But the fans don't, and they hold it against them in their judgement of how the manager is doing, and McClaren certainly doesn't have enough stock with the supporters to just be tossing it in like that last night. In four days he's undone all that hard work of rebuilding trust and performance level over the previous month.

I think Dave B has it right.
Steve McClaren P45 Sweepstake on 10:08 - Sep 26 with 3111 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Steve McClaren P45 Sweepstake on 09:11 - Sep 26 by isawqpratwcity

Did you do a similar sweep for Holloway?

Yes I did. And Jimmy.
Steve McClaren P45 Sweepstake on 10:27 - Sep 26 with 3040 viewsdaveB

Steve McClaren P45 Sweepstake on 09:51 - Sep 26 by Northernr

This is the thing none of our managers seem to get. They think the cup is a free hit, a chance to piss about, something we're not that bothered about. The fans don't.

So McClaren thinks last night is ok, Holloway thought losing 4-1 at home to Brentford was ok, Ramsey thought losing to Carlisle was ok, Redknapp thought losing at Burton was ok and so on and so on. But the fans don't, and they hold it against them in their judgement of how the manager is doing, and McClaren certainly doesn't have enough stock with the supporters to just be tossing it in like that last night. In four days he's undone all that hard work of rebuilding trust and performance level over the previous month.

We should muddle through the next month, we are good enough to get points against Sheff Wed, Reading and Ipswich but can see a hiding at Blackburn and home to Brentford being the end. Warnock should be out of work by then as well.

Thing is if we win last night that takes pressure off McClaren and buys him until Xmas imo as he has a good cup run to fall back on.
Steve McClaren P45 Sweepstake on 10:31 - Sep 26 with 3029 viewsElHoop

What I don't get is that we have these regular forums where selected fans can put their questions to the board, and yet the club seems unaware or just ignores the feelings of fans towards towards the cup competitions. They used to be a key part of a club's season. For clubs like Wealdstone where finances are tight, those cup runs are a vital source of funds, so they are taken very seriously - both the FA Cup and the Trophy. Don't give me any more shite about not having enough money for this that or the other when we don't turn up for cup ties. If the owners haven't got the money then why not sell up and f*ck off? I'd rather be owned and managed by someone who cares about ALL competitions for which the club enters. I don't care what other clubs do and i don't mind us not winning anything or being bang average or getting relegated, but please try ffs. I want our club to try to win everything, always. Otherwise, why are we supporters at all? What's actually in it for us? At the moment there's just nothing to look forward whatsoever. Shite.
Steve McClaren P45 Sweepstake on 10:51 - Sep 26 with 2984 viewspaulparker

Steve McClaren P45 Sweepstake on 10:31 - Sep 26 by ElHoop

What I don't get is that we have these regular forums where selected fans can put their questions to the board, and yet the club seems unaware or just ignores the feelings of fans towards towards the cup competitions. They used to be a key part of a club's season. For clubs like Wealdstone where finances are tight, those cup runs are a vital source of funds, so they are taken very seriously - both the FA Cup and the Trophy. Don't give me any more shite about not having enough money for this that or the other when we don't turn up for cup ties. If the owners haven't got the money then why not sell up and f*ck off? I'd rather be owned and managed by someone who cares about ALL competitions for which the club enters. I don't care what other clubs do and i don't mind us not winning anything or being bang average or getting relegated, but please try ffs. I want our club to try to win everything, always. Otherwise, why are we supporters at all? What's actually in it for us? At the moment there's just nothing to look forward whatsoever. Shite.

Good post

we use to moan about the likes of West ham , West Brom , Stoke, Newcastle etc , binning off the cups to finish 16th in the Prem and just giving up, wel;l that's us but we are doing it in the championship , we had more chance of beating Blackpool than Swansea we all know we are gonna get beat 2or 3 nil there so why throw this away
I know the likes of Les , sinton and Lee Hoos do a good job but the club is still rotten to the core

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Steve McClaren P45 Sweepstake on 11:07 - Sep 26 with 2947 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Steve McClaren P45 Sweepstake on 10:51 - Sep 26 by paulparker

Good post

we use to moan about the likes of West ham , West Brom , Stoke, Newcastle etc , binning off the cups to finish 16th in the Prem and just giving up, wel;l that's us but we are doing it in the championship , we had more chance of beating Blackpool than Swansea we all know we are gonna get beat 2or 3 nil there so why throw this away
I know the likes of Les , sinton and Lee Hoos do a good job but the club is still rotten to the core

Even though I don't like it with the money at stake I can understand why Premier League clubs prioritise the league. This offers championship teams an opportunity to progress further than expected yet the likes of QPR continue to undervalue cup competitions.
[Post edited 26 Sep 2018 11:09]
Steve McClaren P45 Sweepstake on 12:15 - Sep 26 with 2815 viewsqprichard

If Warnock were to go from Bardif I give McClaren less than a day.
Steve McClaren P45 Sweepstake on 12:20 - Sep 26 with 2796 views2Thomas2Bowles

Warnock said the other week if he gets the sack he wants another Champions League club

If not Steveee will no doubt see you all in your graves before he leaves, gets sacked, shaves that muff off his forehead.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Steve McClaren P45 Sweepstake on 12:30 - Sep 26 with 2768 viewsR_from_afar

Agreed but in this season's League Cup, there is a mitigating circumstance: We fielded weakened teams in the first two rounds and, astoundingly, we breezed through them both with hardly any problems.

Perhaps we were victims of our own success in those first two rounds; if we had scraped through one or both of them, that would've given McClaren at least one good reason to put out a stronger team than we saw last night.

It really was Queens Park Strangers mark 2 yesterday.

RFA

PS: Rangers: No one ever said it was going to be easy. RIP Mark E Smith.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Steve McClaren P45 Sweepstake on 13:06 - Sep 26 with 2693 viewsMatch82

Perhaps this is the direction from the board? If they've been telling every manager we have had that the priority is starting in the division then not surprising that they all have the same attitude and all feel at ease communicating it as such publicly.
Steve McClaren P45 Sweepstake on 16:59 - Sep 26 with 2534 viewsJuzzie

Trigger happy fans too. Same faces who scream for the Manager to be sacked (with no suggestion as to who should come in etc.), Manager gets sacked, new Manager comes in and same people scream for him to be sacked if we're not anything higher than about 8th.

I've been going to QPR for 35+ years and in that time I've seen four promotions, four.

What da fk do people expect??
Steve McClaren P45 Sweepstake on 18:20 - Sep 26 with 2459 viewscorse

McClaren is tozzer that should have never been hired but it doesnt change the fact that our fringe/youth players are not that good some seem to think they are.
Steve McClaren P45 Sweepstake on 18:35 - Sep 26 with 2442 viewsRangersw12

Steve McClaren P45 Sweepstake on 16:59 - Sep 26 by Juzzie

Trigger happy fans too. Same faces who scream for the Manager to be sacked (with no suggestion as to who should come in etc.), Manager gets sacked, new Manager comes in and same people scream for him to be sacked if we're not anything higher than about 8th.

I've been going to QPR for 35+ years and in that time I've seen four promotions, four.

What da fk do people expect??

I want him sacked and I would give it to Gary Bowyer or Kenny Jacket

I never usually call for a change I even wanted Ramsay to stay but once he went away from all the good work from last eason and started acting like Redknapp mark 2 then it's time to cut our losses

We also look unfit and all players from last season have got worse under him

Him being at the club will damage it long term at this rate
Steve McClaren P45 Sweepstake on 18:59 - Sep 26 with 2405 viewsbosh67

I think he will probably stay if we don't get too battered next month. Sad to say that is our level these days. He has rather shot himself in both feet over the last week. For someone with so much coaching experience last night was almost unforgivable and it is quite soul destroying for a group of players loosely thrown to the lions.

If he does go of course Ainsworth would be my first choice. Not that he would in sane mind leave Wycombe.
Mark Warburton for me has always been the one we have missed as a long term club builder. Someone who understands attacking football, width, youth and perhaps most importantly, finances.
Or anyone that Watford have fired over the last few seasons.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Steve McClaren P45 Sweepstake on 19:04 - Sep 26 with 2395 viewsCiderwithRsie

Steve McClaren P45 Sweepstake on 13:06 - Sep 26 by Match82

Perhaps this is the direction from the board? If they've been telling every manager we have had that the priority is starting in the division then not surprising that they all have the same attitude and all feel at ease communicating it as such publicly.

I've no idea what the board says or thinks but it is about time that they made it bloody clear to our managers that treating cup competitions as a week off is completely unacceptable and that they will be judged on their win ratio in cups just as they are in the league.
Steve McClaren P45 Sweepstake on 22:02 - Sep 26 with 2261 viewsPunteR

If SM doesnt want lower league players why did he bring in lower league coaches?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Steve McClaren P45 Sweepstake on 04:19 - Sep 28 with 2001 viewsisawqpratwcity

Steve McClaren P45 Sweepstake on 10:08 - Sep 26 by BazzaInTheLoft

Yes I did. And Jimmy.

Fair enough.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024