Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cameron and Wells 22:15 - Oct 6 with 4649 viewsbosh67

Cameron. How impressive is he? He's on another planet in terms of his technical ability and awareness. Plays with such ease in the midfield. A big man that glides past players like they're not there, who times tackles so well, and sets play off again. Makes the game look easy. Interesting to watch him literally from the sidelines. He was the best technical player on the pitch by a mile. Really so so good.

Wells, if only the ball hadn't got stuck under his feet when he anticipated Rangel's ball when Rangell slipped and accidentally played the pass of the day. But, the weird thing is that when this guy drops back, mainly because he is completely starved of service, and picks the ball up in midfield he is fantastic. He sees play so quickly, his passing range is brilliant and I am starting to wonder if he would be better as a forward running midfielder, because today there were shades of Faurlin in the way he picked the ball up and sprayed it around. Great awareness in finding Cameron from the free kick save. A really gifted player but looks like a playmaker rather than a natural finisher. Beautiful curled shot off the bar in the first half.

They'll both probably get dropped for the next match.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Cameron and Wells on 00:02 - Oct 7 with 3824 viewsWestbourneR

Totally caught off guard by Cameron today - he was very very impresssive indeed, like you say so good and sharp on the ball. Fantastic technique. Looks anything but over hill. I’d be very pleased if we could make him a permanent signing.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Cameron and Wells on 00:07 - Oct 7 with 3813 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

Good to hear. Hopefully he can keep it up. He was awful at Reading.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Cameron and Wells on 00:31 - Oct 7 with 3748 viewsHunterhoop

Cameron was excellent today. Up there for MoTM with Wells and Pavel, but he was a ghost at Reading. Luongo did all is running.

Today, GEOFF anchored the midfield very well and got a boot in when it mattered. Luongo was the water boy doing all the running again but, unlike Reading, Derby were good enough to play through, but GEOFF (he's not a Cameron really, is he?) mopped up very well, and he bailed out the centre halves a couple of times. Big lad too.

Not having Lynch as a maestro though. Gave the ball away repeatedly. He and Leistner had a giant cock up for the goal. And Lynch still got rolled. BUT, I'll accept this is progress.

Wells is just class. Deserves goals. All round game is just on a different planet to Washington, or anyone else we've had since Austin. In fact, his all round game is better than Austin; he just needs to start putting them away, at which Austin is still one of the best in the game.

MoTM:
Cameron
Wells
Pav
Lynch/Leistner
Luongo

...in that order

As someone that loves the lad, Eze was poor.
Cameron and Wells on 01:14 - Oct 7 with 3701 viewsDavieQPR

Cameron and Wells on 00:31 - Oct 7 by Hunterhoop

Cameron was excellent today. Up there for MoTM with Wells and Pavel, but he was a ghost at Reading. Luongo did all is running.

Today, GEOFF anchored the midfield very well and got a boot in when it mattered. Luongo was the water boy doing all the running again but, unlike Reading, Derby were good enough to play through, but GEOFF (he's not a Cameron really, is he?) mopped up very well, and he bailed out the centre halves a couple of times. Big lad too.

Not having Lynch as a maestro though. Gave the ball away repeatedly. He and Leistner had a giant cock up for the goal. And Lynch still got rolled. BUT, I'll accept this is progress.

Wells is just class. Deserves goals. All round game is just on a different planet to Washington, or anyone else we've had since Austin. In fact, his all round game is better than Austin; he just needs to start putting them away, at which Austin is still one of the best in the game.

MoTM:
Cameron
Wells
Pav
Lynch/Leistner
Luongo

...in that order

As someone that loves the lad, Eze was poor.

The difference today was when Pav came on. Everyone else could then play their natural game.
Cameron and Wells on 07:31 - Oct 7 with 3436 viewsstevec

Premier league players being good footballers?

Enough of this mutinous talk, what we need are legions of lower league footballers to fulfil the remit of being a true Queen’s Park rangers supporter. I demand the right to watch terrible football at a premium price.
Cameron and Wells on 09:56 - Oct 7 with 3112 viewsbosh67

Wells has real vision on the ball. Interesting that Amit has also talked about his ability today. As above, when he comes deeper to receive the ball he has the elegance and passing ability of Faurlin. I enjoy watching Eze because he has that natural ability but in terms of actual end product from a deeper position Wells really is the real deal. Get THAT goal and as someone says above you have a player that mirrors elements of both Faurlin and Austin. A really gifted player.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Cameron and Wells on 10:05 - Oct 7 with 3081 viewsPinnerPaul

Cameron and Wells on 00:07 - Oct 7 by CliveWilsonSaid

Good to hear. Hopefully he can keep it up. He was awful at Reading.

But very good v Millwall.

As Clive has said before - any player who can play well most matches in this division...……..isn't usually found in this division!
Cameron and Wells on 10:08 - Oct 7 with 3068 viewsPinnerPaul

Cameron and Wells on 07:31 - Oct 7 by stevec

Premier league players being good footballers?

Enough of this mutinous talk, what we need are legions of lower league footballers to fulfil the remit of being a true Queen’s Park rangers supporter. I demand the right to watch terrible football at a premium price.

You forgot that preferably they need to be about 14 years old as well
Login to get fewer ads

Cameron and Wells on 10:23 - Oct 7 with 3035 viewsstevec

Cameron and Wells on 10:08 - Oct 7 by PinnerPaul

You forgot that preferably they need to be about 14 years old as well

You’re absolutely right, that was remiss of me.
Cameron and Wells on 15:06 - Oct 7 with 2832 viewsTacticalR

Wells nearly scored a great Chery-style goal from the edge of the area and made our goal by retrieving the ball after the free kick and passing to Cameron.

Not sure about Cameron. I haven't been particularly impressed with him so far (I initially thought he was a clodhpopper) but will try to keep an open mind.

Air hostess clique

Cameron and Wells on 15:52 - Oct 7 with 2747 viewsted_hendrix

Wells will score goals for us, you just know it.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Cameron and Wells on 15:58 - Oct 7 with 2731 viewsNorthernr

I'm watching a different Cameron to everybody else it seems.
Cameron and Wells on 17:12 - Oct 7 with 2586 viewsWestbourneR

Cameron and Wells on 15:58 - Oct 7 by Northernr

Really Northern that’s odd... I’m usually right behind your calls on players. I did not rate Cameron at all before yesterday but after the Derby game I’ve seen a very sharp techincal player who is totally assured in defensive midfield. For me he showed up Scowen yesterday who runs a lot but isn’t half the player. Maybe the small pitch suits Geoff.
[Post edited 7 Oct 2018 17:37]

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Cameron and Wells on 17:15 - Oct 7 with 2584 viewsbosh67

Didn't put a foot wrong. Won everything, particularly on the ground, worked the ball quickly, got out of trouble, got Mass out of trouble several times. Did it with ease. I am a big fan of Scowen but the difference in the 2 games I've seen Cameron in is that when he wins it he finds a player with the ball. Scowen still has to get that bit right. But overall Cameron in 2 of the 3 games has (I think) dominated most battles and made it look easy.

Never knowingly right.

Cameron and Wells on 18:32 - Oct 7 with 2462 viewsoldmisery

Cameron and Wells on 17:15 - Oct 7 by bosh67

Didn't put a foot wrong. Won everything, particularly on the ground, worked the ball quickly, got out of trouble, got Mass out of trouble several times. Did it with ease. I am a big fan of Scowen but the difference in the 2 games I've seen Cameron in is that when he wins it he finds a player with the ball. Scowen still has to get that bit right. But overall Cameron in 2 of the 3 games has (I think) dominated most battles and made it look easy.

I agree, looks like a proper player to me and, having been at the club for some six weeks now, is presumably fit enough to play every game. I find it hard to understand why Stoke were so happy to let him go, after all they're hardly pulling up any trees this season.
Cameron and Wells on 18:47 - Oct 7 with 2432 viewsterryb

I think your seeing the same Cameron that I am!

I admit to thinking he was awful whenever I saw him play for Stoke, so it may be that I'm not giving him credit that he is due, but I thought he wassted the ball many times yesterday.

He did look confident with his chance though & he finished it neatly.
Cameron and Wells on 18:49 - Oct 7 with 2423 viewsdaveB

I'll be honest I didn't really notice him all game which is probably a good thing for a player in that position, he didn't seem to do anything wrong or anything brilliant.

Am surprised at all the praise he is getting, I thought Pawel, Luongo, Wells and Rangel all stood out more than Cameron for me
Cameron and Wells on 18:51 - Oct 7 with 2416 viewsLongsufferingR

Thought he was outstanding yesterday until he tired visibly last 10/15 mins and looked a little more erratic. The player we hoped Grant Hall would be this season.
Cameron and Wells on 19:44 - Oct 7 with 2336 viewsGroveR

Cameron and Wells on 18:51 - Oct 7 by LongsufferingR

Thought he was outstanding yesterday until he tired visibly last 10/15 mins and looked a little more erratic. The player we hoped Grant Hall would be this season.

And that's the problem in a nutshell - low bar. Thought he played well but we've not had someone who can conduct play around the pitch from deep midfield since Ray Wilkins. Scowen for all his top ratting isn't that kind of player.
Cameron and Wells on 21:20 - Oct 7 with 2186 viewsBoston

Lets keep politics out of the football threads squire.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Cameron and Wells on 21:39 - Oct 7 with 2160 viewsbaz_qpr

I think he reads the game well and adds a presence I thought that was the best midfield performance I've seen so far, because Luongo had his best game of the season IMHO too
Cameron and Wells on 12:42 - Oct 8 with 1891 viewssimmo

It's the same one I am watching. Surprised to read this thread as I just don't see it with him. Perhaps with Bids out it means he will go to CB (where he basically plays anyway) so he doesn't have to do the things he can't, i.e. run or pass.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Cameron and Wells on 12:57 - Oct 8 with 1868 viewsrobith

Haven't rated him much to date, but thought he was good on Saturday. Won a lot of ball in the first half and carried the ball well in the second
Cameron and Wells on 17:57 - Oct 8 with 1716 viewsPinnerPaul

Funny how we all see the game differently - wouldn't be a site/forum if we didn't Clive! ;-)
Cameron and Wells on 19:01 - Oct 8 with 1671 viewsLongsufferingR

Cameron and Wells on 17:57 - Oct 8 by PinnerPaul

Funny how we all see the game differently - wouldn't be a site/forum if we didn't Clive! ;-)

Yeah but Clive's wrong

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024