Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Smith leaves the Bees for Villa 22:16 - Oct 10 with 7343 viewskingsburyR

And Terry and assistant.

[Post edited 10 Oct 2018 22:16]

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Smith leaves the Bees for Villa on 10:07 - Oct 11 with 2183 viewsDixie_CT

Smith leaves the Bees for Villa on 09:38 - Oct 11 by stevec

Not sorry for Brentford, coming over Kew Bridge these days I think I may be viewing the framework of their new ground above the old pub, right next to a station and partially overlooking the Thames. To say I'm jealous would be a massive understatement.

Yesterday had the misfortune of driving round the back of the old Wimbledon dog track, the football club seem to have acquired what is now a huge piece of land and no doubt a very nice stadium.

Whoever's running our club, GET YOUR FCKIN ACT TOGETHER.

Whilst I share your frustration, LB Hounslow have only Brentford to worry about and LB Merton have Wimbledon who they want to bring gone from Kingston so it's a very different landscape to which we are trying to operate in.

In the 6 sq. Miles of LBHF there are three profesional clubs with all three attempting stadium projects so it's a little less pressing for the local authority. H & F is thriving as a borough in regards to investment and current infrastructure so is quite well off compared to others who would be fighting for injections of cash. Whether it is by design or default H & F, especially the North of the borough, is the place to be. Another massive project called Ed City (An Ark Schools development) will go before cabinet this month and begin the revamp of White City which is the one area of the borough the admin will be desperate to change.

Our stadium project is the most complex of the three clubs as it requires a change of location, loss of (decapitated community sports facilities, near Metroploliran open land and both hospital and prison.

The club are working hard to progress the stadium and have some very good people working on it. The stadium is crucial to our long term sustainability and will dictate where we can operate as a business. Personally I would rather that is in W12 than anywhere else but it's not as simple as waving a wand.

Oh yeah and Terry is evil. I get Smith leaving because it's a huge opportunity and his boyhood club but I find it strange when managers don't want to see things through, especially when they are going well. Brentford have a real chance of finishing top six, about to move into a new stadium in a brilliant location and have about £30m+ of sellable asserts in Watkins, Mepham, Maupay (sp) and Canos. The system they have seems very capable of replacing these sort of players as well.
Smith leaves the Bees for Villa on 10:15 - Oct 11 with 2160 viewsAntti_Heinola

Smith leaves the Bees for Villa on 22:20 - Oct 10 by paulparker

Bad move by Smith you just know Terry will be lurking in the shadows to stick the knife into him at some point

Agree, it is a baffling move by Smith to me to take Terry. Does he know him? I can't believe Terry has agreed to be an assistant manager to a manager he'd probably never heard of until Villa played Brentford last year.
It won't end well.

Bare bones.

Smith leaves the Bees for Villa on 10:20 - Oct 11 with 2141 viewsKonk

Smith leaves the Bees for Villa on 10:15 - Oct 11 by Antti_Heinola

Agree, it is a baffling move by Smith to me to take Terry. Does he know him? I can't believe Terry has agreed to be an assistant manager to a manager he'd probably never heard of until Villa played Brentford last year.
It won't end well.

Smith’s a Villa fan and the move back to the Midlands may well also have been a big draw. Terry’s appointment smacks of someone who knows very little about football.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Smith leaves the Bees for Villa on 10:32 - Oct 11 with 2107 viewsMytch_QPR

As far as I am aware, all 3 of these characters have never worked together (Jesus / Smith / Racist).

What could possibly go wrong?

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Smith leaves the Bees for Villa on 10:36 - Oct 11 with 2090 viewsstevec

Smith leaves the Bees for Villa on 10:07 - Oct 11 by Dixie_CT

Whilst I share your frustration, LB Hounslow have only Brentford to worry about and LB Merton have Wimbledon who they want to bring gone from Kingston so it's a very different landscape to which we are trying to operate in.

In the 6 sq. Miles of LBHF there are three profesional clubs with all three attempting stadium projects so it's a little less pressing for the local authority. H & F is thriving as a borough in regards to investment and current infrastructure so is quite well off compared to others who would be fighting for injections of cash. Whether it is by design or default H & F, especially the North of the borough, is the place to be. Another massive project called Ed City (An Ark Schools development) will go before cabinet this month and begin the revamp of White City which is the one area of the borough the admin will be desperate to change.

Our stadium project is the most complex of the three clubs as it requires a change of location, loss of (decapitated community sports facilities, near Metroploliran open land and both hospital and prison.

The club are working hard to progress the stadium and have some very good people working on it. The stadium is crucial to our long term sustainability and will dictate where we can operate as a business. Personally I would rather that is in W12 than anywhere else but it's not as simple as waving a wand.

Oh yeah and Terry is evil. I get Smith leaving because it's a huge opportunity and his boyhood club but I find it strange when managers don't want to see things through, especially when they are going well. Brentford have a real chance of finishing top six, about to move into a new stadium in a brilliant location and have about £30m+ of sellable asserts in Watkins, Mepham, Maupay (sp) and Canos. The system they have seems very capable of replacing these sort of players as well.

Fair comment.

I just get the vibe that for the last 3 years, at the very top of the club and in terms of infrastructure, there's been an awful lot of sitting on hands.
Smith leaves the Bees for Villa on 10:38 - Oct 11 with 2086 viewsRBlock

Not sorry for Brentford, coming over Kew Bridge these days I think I may be viewing the framework of their new ground above the old pub, right next to a station and partially overlooking the Thames. To say I'm jealous would be a massive understatement.

Yesterday had the misfortune of driving round the back of the old Wimbledon dog track, the football club seem to have acquired what is now a huge piece of land and no doubt a very nice stadium.

You are indeed seeing the new Brentford Ground, just over The Express Tavern. Bastards. On the plus side for away days, it is a lot closer to The Bell and Crown on the river which I'm quite fond of.
Smith leaves the Bees for Villa on 10:41 - Oct 11 with 2076 viewsqprd

Smith leaves the Bees for Villa on 08:14 - Oct 11 by Northernr

Interesting all round. Smith never had money or egos to work with before, but done a fantastic job at Walsall and Brentford. Agree with the above, Terry will be scheming and back channelling for the main job in next to no time at all. Be interesting to see who Brentford go for, it'll be the sort of manager we should have been looking at while Uncle Tony was coronating Steve in the summer.

Very different job for Smith

Expectations don't seem that high at Brentford, and the management has the discipline to execute a long-term strategy. My sense is that Brentford fans are satisfied with their steady upward trajectory, and wouldn't be unhappy if they finished just outside the playoffs

Very different at Villa, where the fans are going to be on him from day 1 to get promoted- every loss is going to be overblown. Not to mention, if Villa doesn't get promoted this year, they're going to be destroyed by FFP
Smith leaves the Bees for Villa on 12:15 - Oct 11 with 1922 viewsEsox_Lucius

Smith was their 17th manager his century so it probably won't affect them in the least.

The grass is always greener.

Login to get fewer ads

Smith leaves the Bees for Villa on 12:16 - Oct 11 with 1921 viewsSimonJames

Smith leaves the Bees for Villa on 09:46 - Oct 11 by terryb

They couldn't get a points deduction or fine until next season as they won't have completed three seasons until this one has ended.

They probably need to be promoted this season to avoid failing FFP though.

Ah yes... it was 2016 they got relegated. Forgetful me!

100% of people who drink water will die.

Smith leaves the Bees for Villa on 12:33 - Oct 11 with 1880 viewsstowmarketrange

Smith leaves the Bees for Villa on 09:44 - Oct 11 by terryb

Not quite the best ever for Brentford.

They did have a short spell, many years ago, when they were in the top half of the top division!

This is probably the best they have been since those days though.

Very interesting to see how things go at both clubs.

I had a dopey bees fan at work who blamed Hitler for their 60 years in the wilderness.
Smith leaves the Bees for Villa on 13:00 - Oct 11 with 1827 viewsWoog

"John is one of the most decorated players in English football."

Presumably the Iron Cross.
Smith leaves the Bees for Villa on 14:16 - Oct 11 with 1706 viewsNorthernr

Yeh Wimbledon got back to Merton in double quick time didn't they? Only been trying since 1991. Get your act together QPR.
Smith leaves the Bees for Villa on 14:24 - Oct 11 with 1678 viewseastside_r

Heard Redknapp on the radio earlier, bigging up Terry. It was all I could do to keep my breakfast down.
Smith leaves the Bees for Villa on 14:49 - Oct 11 with 1625 viewsswitchingcode

Smith leaves the Bees for Villa on 05:42 - Oct 11 by VancouverHoop

Yes, hard to fathom. Villa need promotion this season, if rumours are believed he was far from their first choice, and he has an ambitious and entitled assistant who wasn't his own choice either. Finally Brentford clearly have a specific management system in place, much like Watford have, and Swansea had. It's noteworthy that Rosier and Warburton haven't flourished since leaving. It's very likely Smith will miss Brentford far more than they'll miss him.
[Post edited 11 Oct 2018 5:44]

Disappointed to see Smith go as he was a good fit for us but we do seem to be one jump ahead of the game these days.We will give the job to Thomas Franks who,joined the coaching staff nearly 2 years ago to work alongside Smith and OKelly our other main coach as cover if Smith got poached.Find it strange with the Terry appointment as I don’t think they would know each other and who would want to have him covering your back.Looks like Smith will be sacrificed if results don’t go well and Terry will step in.Hope it goes well for Smith as he’s a proper football bloke who was very popular with the players.He did have his critics from some of our fans who would point towards us surrendering leads not to mention last season at yours 2 2 😡.Most reasonable fans think we do well to keep in the top half of this league but Villa fans would see this as as failure so he will have to have a better than 36% win rate that he had with us.Time will tell but might be a good move for us and Dean Smith on a different subject looks like McClaren is not doing a bad job under difficult circumstances you can never doubt he’s a very good coach.
Smith leaves the Bees for Villa on 14:54 - Oct 11 with 1603 viewsAntti_Heinola

Smith leaves the Bees for Villa on 14:16 - Oct 11 by Northernr

Yeh Wimbledon got back to Merton in double quick time didn't they? Only been trying since 1991. Get your act together QPR.

Also, Spurs been trying to move since 2001. That's all happened very quickly too.

Bare bones.

Smith leaves the Bees for Villa on 15:32 - Oct 11 with 1530 viewsBrianMcCarthy

And to think I used to have a soft spot for Villa.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Smith leaves the Bees for Villa on 16:15 - Oct 11 with 1446 viewsHarbour

Smith leaves the Bees for Villa on 14:49 - Oct 11 by switchingcode

Disappointed to see Smith go as he was a good fit for us but we do seem to be one jump ahead of the game these days.We will give the job to Thomas Franks who,joined the coaching staff nearly 2 years ago to work alongside Smith and OKelly our other main coach as cover if Smith got poached.Find it strange with the Terry appointment as I don’t think they would know each other and who would want to have him covering your back.Looks like Smith will be sacrificed if results don’t go well and Terry will step in.Hope it goes well for Smith as he’s a proper football bloke who was very popular with the players.He did have his critics from some of our fans who would point towards us surrendering leads not to mention last season at yours 2 2 😡.Most reasonable fans think we do well to keep in the top half of this league but Villa fans would see this as as failure so he will have to have a better than 36% win rate that he had with us.Time will tell but might be a good move for us and Dean Smith on a different subject looks like McClaren is not doing a bad job under difficult circumstances you can never doubt he’s a very good coach.

Yes agree you will be ok much as it pains me to say Brentford are a well run club. Smith good manager think he has made a mistake having JT on his team as you say it all goes wrong Smith will go. The squad looks toxic with lots of egos and that idiot stirring in the background. Might be wrong but think AV will struggle to reach top 6.
Smith leaves the Bees for Villa on 17:54 - Oct 11 with 1339 viewsPinnerPaul

Smith leaves the Bees for Villa on 22:17 - Oct 10 by daveB

Good move for them with Smith, not so much with Terry but big blow for Brentford, will be interesting to see who they go for

Not so sure - Brentford (With new ground) seem to be heading in one direction and Villa in the other.

Expect Villa are paying loads more though - so that will be the main reason for leaving I guess.
Smith leaves the Bees for Villa on 18:59 - Oct 11 with 1251 viewsswitchingcode

Smith leaves the Bees for Villa on 16:15 - Oct 11 by Harbour

Yes agree you will be ok much as it pains me to say Brentford are a well run club. Smith good manager think he has made a mistake having JT on his team as you say it all goes wrong Smith will go. The squad looks toxic with lots of egos and that idiot stirring in the background. Might be wrong but think AV will struggle to reach top 6.

He was used to a squad of mainly youngsters who were just starting out whereas he’s got as you say some big egos in the Villa dressing room.John Terry appointment won’t help as the players seem to like him which says a lot about them.
Smith leaves the Bees for Villa on 23:44 - Oct 11 with 1101 viewsrrrspricey

Smith leaves the Bees for Villa on 15:32 - Oct 11 by BrianMcCarthy

And to think I used to have a soft spot for Villa.

Fcuk em Brian, hated them since the '77,semi at Highbury, them and Brian Little..not that I hold grudges
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024