Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
‘The great unwashed’ 13:12 - Oct 12 with 4046 viewsNov77

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-soccer-england-che-buck/ffp-shouldnt-make-big-

And without the Russian money what would chelsea’s natural position be?

A club that spent the 70s and 80s yo yoing up and down into division 2.

Such a great example of a “marquee” club that their chairman decided to try and electrocute his own fans due to their constant invading of the pitch.

I remember going there and having to stand in pools of piss in the toilets.

The great unwashed indeed.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

‘The great unwashed’ on 13:26 - Oct 12 with 4010 viewsSuperhoop83

"Buck said clubs had to find their “natural position” in the football hierarchy, while also seeking to improve."

"I am not, as a general proposition, in favour of dumbing down the large clubs in order to make all clubs the great unwashed."

He sounds like a Tory MP!

And a colossal prick, if that isn't obvious from my first point.

Suffering since 1978.

‘The great unwashed’ on 13:41 - Oct 12 with 3957 viewstoboboly

Although what he is saying is the same as we all have, FFP lets the big get bigger and everyone else stagnates or gets smaller.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

‘The great unwashed’ on 13:48 - Oct 12 with 3943 viewsMick_S

Honestly - the sooner they all f uck off to Europe/USA or wherever, the better. We can have a wash then.

What a muppet.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

‘The great unwashed’ on 13:48 - Oct 12 with 3940 viewsToast_R

Take the Chelsea baiting away, he is right in his message - FFP meant well but it has completely destroyed the dreams of fans supporting smaller clubs.

Where does that leave fans for future generations? Why would my son support QPR in their current format when they have little hope of ever returning back to the top flight under these rules and every season will be what is now to a certain extent. Even when we were in administration post Wright era, there was also hope that the club could one day come out of it's financial trouble and the dream, no matter how far fetched it seemed, was still achievable. And it did happen for us. That dream has gone now.

If there's no dream, people will soon become sick of the monotonous sh*t they're being served up for a rather lot of their hard earned money. That eventuality is clearly already happening. If there's no fans there's no club and I think QPR are now on that road to dying a slow death. We won't be the only ones.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2018 14:00]
‘The great unwashed’ on 14:04 - Oct 12 with 3893 viewsTheChef

Surely the ulterior motive for FFP is keeping the PL as a closed shop. It's fine for the top 6 to spend as much as they like.

Only a matter of time before it ends up like in the US and relegation from the Prem will be done away with, leaving the rest of us in the minor leagues.

Leeds' owner this week was going on about a Premier League 2...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45811803

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

‘The great unwashed’ on 18:29 - Oct 12 with 3746 viewsfrancisbowles

If all the clubs he is referring to don't have a chance of success, there will be no money in those clubs and a lot of part time and unemployed footballers as their clubs fade and die.

I think he should be taken to task for his remarks by the FA.
‘The great unwashed’ on 18:43 - Oct 12 with 3727 viewscolinallcars

‘The great unwashed’ on 14:04 - Oct 12 by TheChef

Surely the ulterior motive for FFP is keeping the PL as a closed shop. It's fine for the top 6 to spend as much as they like.

Only a matter of time before it ends up like in the US and relegation from the Prem will be done away with, leaving the rest of us in the minor leagues.

Leeds' owner this week was going on about a Premier League 2...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/45811803

This is the bloke, as owner of Eleven Sports TV, that is undermining clubs by showing La Liga matches live on TV on Saturday afternoon. The only channel that is ignoring the agreement not to show TV games between 3pm and 5.15. He hopes to add the Italian first division soon. What a plonker.
‘The great unwashed’ on 19:06 - Oct 12 with 3703 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I really fcking hate football owners.

Sucking on the teat of fan loyalty for either monetary gain or ego. Cnts.
Login to get fewer ads

‘The great unwashed’ on 22:08 - Oct 12 with 3582 viewsgoldcoasthoop

‘The great unwashed’ on 13:48 - Oct 12 by Toast_R

Take the Chelsea baiting away, he is right in his message - FFP meant well but it has completely destroyed the dreams of fans supporting smaller clubs.

Where does that leave fans for future generations? Why would my son support QPR in their current format when they have little hope of ever returning back to the top flight under these rules and every season will be what is now to a certain extent. Even when we were in administration post Wright era, there was also hope that the club could one day come out of it's financial trouble and the dream, no matter how far fetched it seemed, was still achievable. And it did happen for us. That dream has gone now.

If there's no dream, people will soon become sick of the monotonous sh*t they're being served up for a rather lot of their hard earned money. That eventuality is clearly already happening. If there's no fans there's no club and I think QPR are now on that road to dying a slow death. We won't be the only ones.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2018 14:00]

Spot on
‘The great unwashed’ on 10:25 - Oct 13 with 3449 viewsHarbour

When we were in the prem I seem to remember TF and some other owners suggesting the end of promotion and relegation into the prem....that will kill the game ,,,as it is the prem is like the Scottish league one to three teams can win it. Without a chance of going up or being relegated the remaining teams have nothing to play for..
‘The great unwashed’ on 13:28 - Oct 13 with 3322 viewsTGRRRSSS

If they take away promotion and relegation then by November about 14 (at least) teams have nothing of any real worth to play for, and people will stop paying for tickets, merchandise, Sky subscriptions etc etc.

PPV for Southampton v Huddersfield in late March anyone???
‘The great unwashed’ on 13:30 - Oct 13 with 3319 viewsTGRRRSSS

BTW his message is correct, except he's basically approving of it, but such a thing as kill the golden goose.

Maybe last nights game is a foretells a future... (empty stadia)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024