Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
IRL v God’s own Country 19:54 - Oct 16 with 1940 viewsjohncharles

Brian, do you have any thoughts ?

Strong and stable my arse.

IRL v God’s own Country on 20:27 - Oct 16 with 1908 viewsjohncharles

Not watching ? I was was but I’ve gone back to the crossword.

IRL v God’s own Country on 20:34 - Oct 16 with 1899 viewsjohncharles

Okay, we need some changes. How about a few streakers ? Like maybe 22 ?

IRL v God’s own Country on 21:43 - Oct 16 with 1839 viewsjohncharles

An absolutely superb evening of tremendously skilful and entertaining football.
Er....in other words we won.

IRL v God’s own Country on 23:40 - Oct 16 with 1776 viewsbob566

IRL v God’s own Country on 21:43 - Oct 16 by johncharles

An absolutely superb evening of tremendously skilful and entertaining football.
Er....in other words we won.

Well done on the win. Dreadful match. Think you deserved it. Hit the post and randolph had more saves. Really hard been a ROI, qpr and dallas cowboys fan. At least i have leinster in the rugby
IRL v God’s own Country on 00:02 - Oct 17 with 1764 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Well done, JC.

Watched it down the pub over wings, chips and a few pints.

Agree with Bob that you were the better team. I thought we were better in patches this weekend than we have been for some time but we still lacked belief unity and conviction.

Wales didn't. You also have far better players and play with pace and real skill.

Overall, a 1-0 home defeat to Wales is probably a good result for us, which says a lot about where both of us stand right now. More power to Cymru. Richly deserved.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

IRL v God’s own Country on 09:36 - Oct 17 with 1631 viewskropotkin41

Yes Cymru has been gaining ground recently - it's the cross party campaign for Welsh Independence - but I got thinking the other day, when my other half took our littlest on a day trip over to Rosslare and came back telling tales of a civilised land of prosperity and shiny new things (bear in mind here that West Wales is the poorest region in the whole of Western Europe bar none), that better than independence might be Wales applying to join Ireland.

The one drawback to this plan might have been what Ireland would get out of it. That's solved now: good young footballers and not getting beaten in internationals by Wales!

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

IRL v God’s own Country on 10:30 - Oct 17 with 1587 viewspaulparker

IRL v God’s own Country on 00:02 - Oct 17 by BrianMcCarthy

Well done, JC.

Watched it down the pub over wings, chips and a few pints.

Agree with Bob that you were the better team. I thought we were better in patches this weekend than we have been for some time but we still lacked belief unity and conviction.

Wales didn't. You also have far better players and play with pace and real skill.

Overall, a 1-0 home defeat to Wales is probably a good result for us, which says a lot about where both of us stand right now. More power to Cymru. Richly deserved.

Sorry Bri but those two games against Denmark and Wales were awful , Christie playing midfield is a new one on me , I know Ireland are struggling for players but hoofing it all game long and creating nothing is not something the Irish public will put up with for much longer

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

IRL v God’s own Country on 11:04 - Oct 17 with 1554 viewssimmo

Ireland look their age. This Wales team have a clutch of really great looking prospects coming through - Woodburn, Wilson, Brooks, Mepham, Ampadu, Smith, Lawrence, Roberts... A great crop of up and coming players. Ireland in comparison have Declan Rice (maybe) and the rest are the same old faces playing backs to the wall football.

You're not going to progress with this group. The Ireland FA really need to step up their game with securing young talent and stop them getting pinched by England, N Ireland, etc or O'Neill needs to start giving promoting more of the U21's. It seems mental that you'd rather move Christie into midfield rather than give an opportunity to Manning, Cullen or someone else that's a natural in that position.

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

Login to get fewer ads

IRL v God’s own Country on 14:39 - Oct 17 with 1445 viewsBrianMcCarthy

IRL v God’s own Country on 10:30 - Oct 17 by paulparker

Sorry Bri but those two games against Denmark and Wales were awful , Christie playing midfield is a new one on me , I know Ireland are struggling for players but hoofing it all game long and creating nothing is not something the Irish public will put up with for much longer

I agree!

We've been terrible for some time now, I just thought that portions of the last two games were less terrible than the ones before :)

B.

IRL v God’s own Country on 14:40 - Oct 17 with 1441 viewsBrianMcCarthy

IRL v God’s own Country on 11:04 - Oct 17 by simmo

Ireland look their age. This Wales team have a clutch of really great looking prospects coming through - Woodburn, Wilson, Brooks, Mepham, Ampadu, Smith, Lawrence, Roberts... A great crop of up and coming players. Ireland in comparison have Declan Rice (maybe) and the rest are the same old faces playing backs to the wall football.

You're not going to progress with this group. The Ireland FA really need to step up their game with securing young talent and stop them getting pinched by England, N Ireland, etc or O'Neill needs to start giving promoting more of the U21's. It seems mental that you'd rather move Christie into midfield rather than give an opportunity to Manning, Cullen or someone else that's a natural in that position.

Good post. I agree completely.

I've never seen Cullen play but I agree with your point broadly speaking.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024