Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rangel 10:11 - Oct 21 with 5758 viewsBoston

Twice during the second half I observed extended periods of waving, gesticulation toward the bench, other players. Then with ten mins to go himself and Lumley appeared to engage in an animated shouting match. Anyone any idea what was going on with the man?

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Rangel on 10:23 - Oct 21 with 4197 viewskropotkin41

I've been wondering whether Rangel will stay after Christmas, and what other people think about that prospect or indeed the prospect of him leaving.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Rangel on 10:29 - Oct 21 with 4172 viewsozexile

He's done well but when Furlong is fit he has to play.
Rangel on 10:37 - Oct 21 with 4110 viewsdaveB

He was excellent yesterday, did a few excellent covering tackles when they got in behind us
Rangel on 10:45 - Oct 21 with 4078 viewsmcqpr10

Wasn’t pleased when we signed him and didn’t think kakay should of been dropped for him but he has been excellent and deserves a new deal until the end of the season. However, Furlong when fit, should be in the side.
Rangel on 11:02 - Oct 21 with 4007 viewsstevec

Best player plays, simple as.
Rangel on 11:05 - Oct 21 with 3989 viewsHayesender

Rangel is on a different level to both Furlong and Kakay imo. Hopefully we can keep him for the rest of the season, and they can learn from him

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Rangel on 11:31 - Oct 21 with 3916 viewsdistortR

Rangel on 11:02 - Oct 21 by stevec

if only it was that simple.

The manager, if he is looking anywhere but short-term (possibly difficult to do in such a reactive business) surely has to be looking at Rangel's age, contract length, the future, etc?

No criticism of Mcclaren there.

Yet!!
Rangel on 11:39 - Oct 21 with 3881 viewsstevec

Rangel on 11:31 - Oct 21 by distortR

if only it was that simple.

The manager, if he is looking anywhere but short-term (possibly difficult to do in such a reactive business) surely has to be looking at Rangel's age, contract length, the future, etc?

No criticism of Mcclaren there.

Yet!!

To be honest it’s nice to see games where our right back is not being consistently targeted as our weak spot, three years of that has been more than enough for me.

Rangel knows his trade and if that means a few more months or the rest of the season that’ll do for now.

Players come and go, Furlong will either then step up or be replaced.

Enough of this faux nepotism, as if a spell in the juniors gives you precedence, it’s a professional sport.
Login to get fewer ads

Rangel on 11:47 - Oct 21 with 3858 viewsLongsufferingR

Been nothing short of a model professional since he's been here and a perfect example for Furlong and Kakay to look up to. Keep him in the team as long as he's playing well, even when Furlong is fit, and we know we've got solid back-up if he gets injured or suspended.
Rangel on 14:48 - Oct 21 with 3492 viewsMatch82

Rangel on 11:39 - Oct 21 by stevec

To be honest it’s nice to see games where our right back is not being consistently targeted as our weak spot, three years of that has been more than enough for me.

Rangel knows his trade and if that means a few more months or the rest of the season that’ll do for now.

Players come and go, Furlong will either then step up or be replaced.

Enough of this faux nepotism, as if a spell in the juniors gives you precedence, it’s a professional sport.

Not just that though is it? If we are trying to attract good young players then they will want to know what kind of club we are. Having a reputation as a club who gives their youth players a chance could be a big factor in whether they choose us vs one of the many many other local options, especially as we can't just throw extra money at them to try and convince them anymore.
Rangel on 15:03 - Oct 21 with 3461 viewsaston_hoop

Kakay already knows he has Furlong ahead of him, Baptiste started ahead of him too when Rangel wasn't available. So if Rangel stays, we might as well release Kakay hadn't we? we don't need that many right backs however cheap they are. Not what I'd do but what I imagine will happen in Jan.

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Rangel on 15:28 - Oct 21 with 3408 viewsHantsR

I think he's an excellent addition to the team. He reads the game very well and can often play his way out of trouble without immediately resorting to the big hoof.
Rangel on 16:09 - Oct 21 with 3263 viewsrsonist

Rangel on 14:48 - Oct 21 by Match82

Not just that though is it? If we are trying to attract good young players then they will want to know what kind of club we are. Having a reputation as a club who gives their youth players a chance could be a big factor in whether they choose us vs one of the many many other local options, especially as we can't just throw extra money at them to try and convince them anymore.

I should think we're the club of McLintock, Wilkins, Hill, Derry as much as we are any other.
Rangel on 16:47 - Oct 21 with 3134 viewsPinnerPaul

I agree Steve - but most don't!
Rangel on 17:54 - Oct 21 with 2958 viewsqprd

Given that Rangel has been playing pretty well, perhaps he will have other opportunities elsewhere when his deal expires. If QPR give him a longer deal, it'll probably only be to year end. There might be other clubs who can offer him 18 months....

personally once Furlong is back, I'd let Rangel go. We need to cut costs somewhere, and between Furlong/Kakay/Pav/Cousins/Baptiste, we have cover
Rangel on 17:59 - Oct 21 with 2942 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

RIO FERDINAND

Age at QPR: 36
Transfer Total: £64.8m
International Caps: 83
Titles: Champions League (x1) Premiership (x 6) FA Cup (x1) League Cup (x3)

CLINT HILL

Age at QPR: 37
Transfer Total: £0.698m
International Caps: 0
Titles: English Championship (x1)

I know which one is the 'better' player, but which one would you pick?
[Post edited 21 Oct 2018 18:01]
Rangel on 18:05 - Oct 21 with 2917 viewsWestbourneR

My goodness the bleating and moaning on here when Rangel signed. Where is that total drama queen tim cocking - I could almost hear a shrill voice reading his posts. Something about 'we all might as well give up'.

We were rock bottom and struggling when Rangel signed, he's been fantastic.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Rangel on 18:08 - Oct 21 with 2903 viewsPinnerPaul

Rangel on 14:48 - Oct 21 by Match82

Lumley, Furlong himself and Eze show that there is a pathway to the 1st team.

These young players are not stupid - if they don't know by now, that football is about being picked/dropped then they really are in the wrong game.
Rangel on 18:15 - Oct 21 with 2869 viewswittle

Rangel on 18:08 - Oct 21 by PinnerPaul

These young players are not stupid - if they don't know by now, that football is about being picked/dropped then they really are in the wrong game.

I think this is all getting a bit silly with some of our fans now , are we not allowed to have some experienced players in the side which surely helps the younger players to learn and progress.Do we not remember how good Wilkins , Ryan nelson ,Clint hill , Derry etc. Were for us down the years.We would all love the majority of our team to have come through our youth system but realistically how many have over the last 20 years .
Rangel on 18:22 - Oct 21 with 2841 viewsEsox_Lucius

Rangel on 17:59 - Oct 21 by BazzaInTheLoft

RIO FERDINAND

Age at QPR: 36
Transfer Total: £64.8m
International Caps: 83
Titles: Champions League (x1) Premiership (x 6) FA Cup (x1) League Cup (x3)

CLINT HILL

Age at QPR: 37
Transfer Total: £0.698m
International Caps: 0
Titles: English Championship (x1)

I know which one is the 'better' player, but which one would you pick?
[Post edited 21 Oct 2018 18:01]

I think you've shot yourself in foot with that one. Both players at their best and Rio wins hands down. As they are both finished with playing now that has to be the criteria. Both players at their worst then it is a tighter choice but Rio's pace would just swing it.

The grass is always greener.

Rangel on 18:22 - Oct 21 with 2838 viewsVancouverHoop

Indeed. Surely the side Ipswich fielded yesterday should be a warning against throwing a bunch of inexperienced players into the mix at this level, however talented they maybe. Ours will get their chances, but McClaren's primary job is to win games and to do that you don't make random changes just to ensure everyone gets a turn. That IMHO, was Ollie's chief fault. We have a pretty settled side at the moment and there are signs it's beginning to pay off, especially defensively.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2018 18:24]
Rangel on 20:01 - Oct 21 with 2635 viewsCamberleyR

Rangel on 18:05 - Oct 21 by WestbourneR

My goodness the bleating and moaning on here when Rangel signed. Where is that total drama queen tim cocking - I could almost hear a shrill voice reading his posts. Something about 'we all might as well give up'.

We were rock bottom and struggling when Rangel signed, he's been fantastic.

Almost Westbourne, it was "If we play him in front of Kakay, whats the fcuking point of any of it? "

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/forum/228209/rangel-is-

And a rare occurrence, I'm in total agreement with you. He has been really excellent and no coincidence that the defence has tightened up since he's been it. Extend him till the end of the season.

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Rangel on 20:22 - Oct 21 with 2556 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Rangel on 18:22 - Oct 21 by Esox_Lucius

I think you've shot yourself in foot with that one. Both players at their best and Rio wins hands down. As they are both finished with playing now that has to be the criteria. Both players at their worst then it is a tighter choice but Rio's pace would just swing it.

My point was there is more context to a selection than 'who is the best player'.

You need to consider outside pressures, form, injuries, personality, or long term benefits of picking players.

I like Rangel, but he's not going to be part of a 2022 push for promotion, but a experienced Kakay or Furlong might.
Rangel on 20:25 - Oct 21 with 2547 viewsrsonist

Rangel on 18:22 - Oct 21 by VancouverHoop

Indeed. Surely the side Ipswich fielded yesterday should be a warning against throwing a bunch of inexperienced players into the mix at this level, however talented they maybe. Ours will get their chances, but McClaren's primary job is to win games and to do that you don't make random changes just to ensure everyone gets a turn. That IMHO, was Ollie's chief fault. We have a pretty settled side at the moment and there are signs it's beginning to pay off, especially defensively.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2018 18:24]

And yet you would think we had swapped Johan Cruyff for Big Sam the way some on here carry on.

It's a shame that in Rangel a canny signing (with plenty of historical Rangers precedent) and an exemplary contribution on and off the pitch is being eclipsed by the increasingly contorted club identity politics in the fanbase.

As far as Furlong goes, we'll see. We shouldn't be (and more importantly absolutely haven't been) binning anyone decent off young or old in our position - Rangel has certainly earned a stay if he wants it. They're different kinds of full back for a start! Hopefully there will be some sort of judicious and sensible transition between the two.
[Post edited 21 Oct 2018 20:29]
Rangel on 20:28 - Oct 21 with 2541 viewsrsonist

Kakay meanwhile is decent but raw and is ripe for a constructive first team loan spell same as Manning was. This is exactly what we all thought about him before Furlong got injured and it's still the case.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024