Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Furlong and Smyth start for Under 23s 12:53 - Oct 22 with 3318 viewssmegma

vs Millwall 1pm on the web by thing
1. Brzozowski 2. Furlong 3. Kakay 4 Owens 5. Phillips 6 Hamalainenen 7 Smyth 8. Chair 9. Lewis WAlker 10. Oteh 11. Osaye- Samuels
Subs 12. Bassong 13. Dickinson (gk) 14. Bans all-McNulty 15. Dalling
[Post edited 22 Oct 2018 17:07]
Furlong and Smyth start for Under 23s on 14:11 - Oct 22 with 3164 viewsloneranger1

Thanks Smegma, how are they getting on?
Furlong and Smyth start for Under 23s on 14:50 - Oct 22 with 3093 viewsqprbeth

Losing 2-1 with 10 minutes to go, and my stream has just disappeared, so do not know how it finished
[Post edited 22 Oct 2018 14:51]
Furlong and Smyth start for Under 23s on 14:52 - Oct 22 with 3080 viewsaston_hoop

According to the Twitter, Basssong has just headed in an equaliser. Who knew he was still knocking around on trial?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Furlong and Smyth start for Under 23s on 15:02 - Oct 22 with 3032 viewswortonranger

INdeed he did. After a well worked corner. Only watched the last few minutes and we looked really good.
Furlong and Smyth start for Under 23s on 15:28 - Oct 22 with 2955 viewsqprbeth

We were pressing the whole of the second half until my stream went dead, without reward.Didn't see the first 46 minutes.

Who is this Bassong you speak about?
Furlong and Smyth start for Under 23s on 15:59 - Oct 22 with 2868 viewsDorse

Furlong and Smyth start for Under 23s on 15:28 - Oct 22 by qprbeth

We were pressing the whole of the second half until my stream went dead, without reward.Didn't see the first 46 minutes.

Who is this Bassong you speak about?

Sebastian Bassong - former Tottingham Hotspurts and Newcarsole. Not sure why he's with us really. He is far too late for the Harry Redknapp Pay-Day Spectacular.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Furlong and Smyth start for Under 23s on 16:23 - Oct 22 with 2805 viewsrsonist

IIRC the bigger Spanish sides have been known to keep more experienced players on the payroll purely to provide structure to their youth B-teams competing in the lower leagues. Guess that's us and Bassong right now. It's just like watching Barcelona.
Furlong and Smyth start for Under 23s on 16:26 - Oct 22 with 2779 viewsrsonist

I'm assuming Furs was playing CB then by the way? Could be interesting...
Login to get fewer ads

Furlong and Smyth start for Under 23s on 16:27 - Oct 22 with 2770 viewsbosh67

I think we have made it clear that we can't afford Bassong's wages. That said he seems to be enjoying keeping playing with us. Perhaps we should cross out Ned's name on the pay as you play contract and offer it to him?

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Furlong and Smyth start for Under 23s on 16:45 - Oct 22 with 2710 viewssmegma

Game finished 2-2 with Oteh scoring a penalty and Bassong getting a second equaliser in last 10 minutes. We should have won it to be honest, Smyth hit the bar first half and Lewis Walker hit the bar with cross cum shot second half. Then in the dying seconds Hamalainen headed over from point blank range when it was easier to score. I would have settled for a draw in first 20 minutes as Millwall were all over us, second half It was all us though.
Furlong and Smyth start for Under 23s on 16:50 - Oct 22 with 2689 viewssmegma

Furlong and Smyth start for Under 23s on 16:26 - Oct 22 by rsonist

I'm assuming Furs was playing CB then by the way? Could be interesting...

Furlong was right back. Kakay was left back ?? Phillips and Hamalainen at centre back.
Furlong and Smyth start for Under 23s on 21:04 - Oct 22 with 2340 viewscaliforniahoop

Furlong and Smyth start for Under 23s on 16:50 - Oct 22 by smegma

Furlong was right back. Kakay was left back ?? Phillips and Hamalainen at centre back.

Those kids keep fighting, see quite a few games this year, I was at LR to watch them against Burnley, best game I have seen there in a few years.

Hamalainen is a good player, Furlong still a bit off fitness but looked solid, Oteh needs a loan, not impressed with Walker on trial, BOS and Smyth worked hard enough but didn’t stand out.

Someone in this thread made a point about older players making the difference playing for the reserves, if they have done that and have kept Bassong around for that reason, then, it’s a stroke of genius!
Furlong and Smyth start for Under 23s on 22:24 - Oct 22 with 2223 viewsrsonist

Furlong and Smyth start for Under 23s on 21:04 - Oct 22 by californiahoop

Those kids keep fighting, see quite a few games this year, I was at LR to watch them against Burnley, best game I have seen there in a few years.

Hamalainen is a good player, Furlong still a bit off fitness but looked solid, Oteh needs a loan, not impressed with Walker on trial, BOS and Smyth worked hard enough but didn’t stand out.

Someone in this thread made a point about older players making the difference playing for the reserves, if they have done that and have kept Bassong around for that reason, then, it’s a stroke of genius!

Very much doubt we're paying Bassong anything to stick around. But if as I suspect he's too lazy to graft outside of London and find himself a club then maybe it's a winner for us. Most likely he and his agent know we're skint and he's hanging around for an Xmas injury crisis.
Furlong and Smyth start for Under 23s on 22:39 - Oct 22 with 2198 viewscaliforniahoop

Furlong and Smyth start for Under 23s on 22:24 - Oct 22 by rsonist

Very much doubt we're paying Bassong anything to stick around. But if as I suspect he's too lazy to graft outside of London and find himself a club then maybe it's a winner for us. Most likely he and his agent know we're skint and he's hanging around for an Xmas injury crisis.

Wow, that’s some supposition s#it right there, lol.
Furlong and Smyth start for Under 23s on 00:37 - Oct 23 with 2080 viewssmegma

Furlong and Smyth start for Under 23s on 21:04 - Oct 22 by californiahoop

Lewis Walker on loan hasn't impressed in the 4 games he has played, 3 league games and the friendly at Brentford. He looks like he has walked in off the street and joined in a game that he has never played before. Released by Derby over a month ago 'by mutual consent' usually means you are not up to scratch (the polite version).

Just goes to show what having a famous father does for you in football.
Furlong and Smyth start for Under 23s on 01:30 - Oct 23 with 2046 viewscaliforniahoop

Furlong and Smyth start for Under 23s on 00:37 - Oct 23 by smegma

Lewis Walker on loan hasn't impressed in the 4 games he has played, 3 league games and the friendly at Brentford. He looks like he has walked in off the street and joined in a game that he has never played before. Released by Derby over a month ago 'by mutual consent' usually means you are not up to scratch (the polite version).

Just goes to show what having a famous father does for you in football.

I find it hard to disagree with that assessment other than, he must be showing something in training that he is currently not showing during games.

I use too watch the reserves years ago, I remember a game against Palace and the center forward was one of the worst players I had ever seen on a football pitch, he couldn’t trap a ball, he was just awful.

That player was Stan Collymore, I couldn’t believe it when he turned up at Southend banging them in from everywhere, after that, I always hold fire for that bit longer, if he is given that year’s contract,it’s because these guys see something, they don’t give them away these Days.
Furlong and Smyth start for Under 23s on 13:59 - Oct 23 with 1612 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Furlong and Smyth start for Under 23s on 01:30 - Oct 23 by californiahoop

I find it hard to disagree with that assessment other than, he must be showing something in training that he is currently not showing during games.

I use too watch the reserves years ago, I remember a game against Palace and the center forward was one of the worst players I had ever seen on a football pitch, he couldn’t trap a ball, he was just awful.

That player was Stan Collymore, I couldn’t believe it when he turned up at Southend banging them in from everywhere, after that, I always hold fire for that bit longer, if he is given that year’s contract,it’s because these guys see something, they don’t give them away these Days.

There's a thread in there somewhere. "Players You Wrote Off Too Soon" or something.

I, of course, have never made a mistake. Except for the time I told my Dad that young Zidane was good "but I don't really see what all the fuss is about".

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Furlong and Smyth start for Under 23s on 14:11 - Oct 23 with 1595 viewssmegma

Having seen him in the reserves in the 80s and fleeting subs appearances for the first team, if someone had said Les Ferdinand would become a QPR legend and play for England I would have called the men in white coats.
Furlong and Smyth start for Under 23s on 14:31 - Oct 23 with 1564 viewscaliforniahoop

Furlong and Smyth start for Under 23s on 13:59 - Oct 23 by BrianMcCarthy

There's a thread in there somewhere. "Players You Wrote Off Too Soon" or something.

I, of course, have never made a mistake. Except for the time I told my Dad that young Zidane was good "but I don't really see what all the fuss is about".

Lol
Furlong and Smyth start for Under 23s on 14:34 - Oct 23 with 1560 viewscaliforniahoop

Furlong and Smyth start for Under 23s on 14:11 - Oct 23 by smegma

Having seen him in the reserves in the 80s and fleeting subs appearances for the first team, if someone had said Les Ferdinand would become a QPR legend and play for England I would have called the men in white coats.

I didn’t hold out much hope for young LF either, that said, I still feel he underachieved, maybe it’s because I was always comparing him to Shearer, which in hindsight, was unfair, so, I take it back, LF did great!
Furlong and Smyth start for Under 23s on 14:46 - Oct 23 with 1538 viewsMick_S

My moment of wisdom was writing Thierry Henry off, but I think you may have won this one Brian.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Furlong and Smyth start for Under 23s on 17:02 - Oct 23 with 1427 viewsoldmisery

That would make a good thread. I also don't make mistakes but remember seeing Terry Mancini at Orient in the late 60's and thinking, 'how does this bloke make a living playing football' and then, of course, we signed him. However he seemed to improved markedly with us (Gordon Jago's coaching?) and than astonishingly had two good years at the Arse.
Perhaps it's something to do with the name but I also thought that Terry Venables was poor at Spurs and wasn't too impressed when we came to us in 69 but then couldn't believe how great he was for five years - just seemed a pity that he wasn't part of our best ever side.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024