Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pav ..my MOM 22:39 - Oct 23 with 3447 viewsessextaxiboy

Absolutely brilliant tonight IMO .
Pav ..my MOM on 22:44 - Oct 23 with 3396 viewsbosh67

I think McClaren has only just arrived at how good he is at this level. Excellent work rate, pace and example to others.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Pav ..my MOM on 22:59 - Oct 23 with 3313 viewslondonscottish

Pav was immense.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Pav ..my MOM on 23:20 - Oct 23 with 3215 viewsLongsufferingR

Agree about his performances but how on earth do we pick MOM at the moment. Six or seven candidates on Saturday and again tonight
Pav ..my MOM on 23:26 - Oct 23 with 3170 viewssmegma

Cameron was my MOTM but as mentioned it was so difficult to choose seeing as everyone played a huge part. The 2 centre backs were phenomenal, as were Freeman and Pav and Eze......I could go on and on. Not a bad performance anywhere.
Pav ..my MOM on 23:30 - Oct 23 with 3146 viewsbarbicanranger

I'm a huge Pav fan, I think there is so much potential there - with a little more finishing he could be a new Mackie.
Pav ..my MOM on 23:36 - Oct 23 with 3106 viewsridethewave

??

Pav has more ability in abundance then Mackie ever did! Agree his finishing needs some improvements but I’ll take him in the team every single time over Cousins.
Pav ..my MOM on 23:41 - Oct 23 with 3085 views100percent

Pav offers so much more going forward than cousins... but its also his defensive game that has stepped up. He's a great outlet for us and gives Freeman more purchase to be creative - balances out the side much more.
really impressive all around performance tonight - let's put it on villa friday...
Pav ..my MOM on 23:43 - Oct 23 with 3070 viewsOakR

I love Pav - feel he is getting his confidence back going forwards - but it was noticeable tonight how little joy they had down his side. Very very happy he is back and looking good.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Login to get fewer ads

Pav ..my MOM on 23:47 - Oct 23 with 3055 viewsted_hendrix

He's been with us a long time now, most of us knew he had it in him, give him the ball and let him do his stuff, his confidence must be sky high now and that's fine by me.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Pav ..my MOM on 23:47 - Oct 23 with 3055 viewsCiderwithRsie

Pav ..my MOM on 22:44 - Oct 23 by bosh67

I think McClaren has only just arrived at how good he is at this level. Excellent work rate, pace and example to others.

Which puts McClaren one up on Holloway, who never seemed to get it.

I can only go by what I see on screens and read, but he has always seemed a decent player at this level or maybe a bit above who has been willing to do a job in several positions/roles, seems to have a good attitude (royally p*ssed off about how lack of appearances were affecting his international chances, by all accounts, but never threw a public strop and has done his best when selected.) Also seems a good blend of decent skill and keeping it simple - get to the line, put in a cross, job done - nearest thing we've got to Andy Impey.

Really pleased for him and hope he nails down a place in the side.
Pav ..my MOM on 23:49 - Oct 23 with 3033 viewsHunterhoop

Pav ..my MOM on 23:47 - Oct 23 by CiderwithRsie

I can only go by what I see on screens and read, but he has always seemed a decent player at this level or maybe a bit above who has been willing to do a job in several positions/roles, seems to have a good attitude (royally p*ssed off about how lack of appearances were affecting his international chances, by all accounts, but never threw a public strop and has done his best when selected.) Also seems a good blend of decent skill and keeping it simple - get to the line, put in a cross, job done - nearest thing we've got to Andy Impey.

The bloke is just a very good right winger who does the basics. He needs to start every week.
Pav ..my MOM on 23:54 - Oct 23 with 3004 viewsOakR

Pav ..my MOM on 23:47 - Oct 23 by CiderwithRsie

I think he really suffered as a wingback, expect to defend and attack and be 2 players in one, destroyed his confidence going forwards. I think he is getting his mojo back now, and with him and Rangel on the right it makes it tough for anyone trying to get down that side.

Poll: Will we stay up?

Pav ..my MOM on 23:55 - Oct 23 with 2995 viewsjoolsyp

Every single player deserved a 7/10 or more tonight. Bidwell struggled a bit first half and got caught out of position a few times but he was immense second half - including the flying tackle that led to Wells' goal.

Really hard to pick a MoM from that performance ... but because he didn't stop running and tackling and driving us forward from the first minute to the last and broke up play numerous times - I'll go for Mass Luongo.
Pav ..my MOM on 00:00 - Oct 24 with 2983 viewsCiderwithRsie

Pav ..my MOM on 23:54 - Oct 23 by OakR

I think he really suffered as a wingback, expect to defend and attack and be 2 players in one, destroyed his confidence going forwards. I think he is getting his mojo back now, and with him and Rangel on the right it makes it tough for anyone trying to get down that side.

Probably correct, and one of the things I like about him was that he still seemed to be trying and certainly didn't go whinging about it.
Pav ..my MOM on 03:33 - Oct 24 with 2829 viewstimcocking

Pawel has been a class act from the beginning. One of our fittest players, one of our best attackers, one of our best defenders.

The fact Holloway and then MaClaren both had him playing out of position or not at all was a mistake. We've missed Pawel all year. No surprise he's part pf the upturn. Ludicrous to suggest (on the evidence we've seen) that Jordan Cousins should be starting down the wing instead of Pawel, who is a brilliant defender for an attacker. Patel strikes me as perfect player to play with Freeman/Eze.

I really felt bad for Pawel and for Bright, who has also been very hard done by so far.

I think Ollie cost Pawel a deserved slot at the world cup last year and he handled it all brilliantly. Also every time he's been interviewed, i've heard him go out of his way to say how good the Rangers fans are and to thank us.

He's an excellent player and i bet a great team mate.

Although i wish he'd shoot more.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2018 4:52]
Pav ..my MOM on 16:16 - Oct 24 with 2442 viewsPinnerPaul

Pav ..my MOM on 03:33 - Oct 24 by timcocking

Pawel has been a class act from the beginning. One of our fittest players, one of our best attackers, one of our best defenders.

The fact Holloway and then MaClaren both had him playing out of position or not at all was a mistake. We've missed Pawel all year. No surprise he's part pf the upturn. Ludicrous to suggest (on the evidence we've seen) that Jordan Cousins should be starting down the wing instead of Pawel, who is a brilliant defender for an attacker. Patel strikes me as perfect player to play with Freeman/Eze.

I really felt bad for Pawel and for Bright, who has also been very hard done by so far.

I think Ollie cost Pawel a deserved slot at the world cup last year and he handled it all brilliantly. Also every time he's been interviewed, i've heard him go out of his way to say how good the Rangers fans are and to thank us.

He's an excellent player and i bet a great team mate.

Although i wish he'd shoot more.
[Post edited 24 Oct 2018 4:52]

Had quite a few last night though tbf
Pav ..my MOM on 16:31 - Oct 24 with 2389 viewsParkRoyalR

I cannot recall him beating his man on the outside once last night so for a wide player not a MOTM performance. Seems to prefer to cut inside these days rather than take his man on.
Pav ..my MOM on 16:37 - Oct 24 with 2371 viewswombat

Pav ..my MOM on 16:31 - Oct 24 by ParkRoyalR

I cannot recall him beating his man on the outside once last night so for a wide player not a MOTM performance. Seems to prefer to cut inside these days rather than take his man on.

all we need now is freeman to pass to him on the odd ocassion

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Pav ..my MOM on 17:57 - Oct 24 with 2287 viewsHunterhoop

But he gets to the byline a lot! You don’t have to beat your man with the ball at your feet to be a good winger. You can do it by making the right run in behind the full back and someone slipping a good pass in. He also has a lovely cross on him.

Pav’s positional play is superb off the ball, both when we have possession and without it. He makes great runs and gives defenders something to think about.
Pav ..my MOM on 18:11 - Oct 24 with 2240 viewsRangersw12

Pav seems to have gone back to how he was when he first cane on loan however for me Luongo has been MOM last 2 games and back to his best after a poor start to the season
Pav ..my MOM on 18:25 - Oct 24 with 2196 viewscaliforniahoop

Not something I saw Beckham do often either but, you would struggle to find a better right winger
Pav ..my MOM on 18:28 - Oct 24 with 2184 viewsqprd

its true that pav wasn't playing a wide role. but I think you're missing the point.

pav actually is playing a different role than he normally played

nominally, he's still on the right wing. but hes not playing in the traditional winger role we've often seen him in, where he hugs the byline and tries to get to the touchline or play an early cross

instead, he's occupying much narrower positions inside.

for an example, watch qpr's first goal... pav was actually on the left side of box . on qpr's second goal, he was also playing narrower when he played his cross for the freeman goal. in the 70th minute, he drifted inside and blasted a powerful shot from right outside the box with his right foot

I was sitting in paddocks yesterday and like you, was getting a bit annoyed that pav wasn't wider. but really, its because the average fan like me always wants players to go wide and forward b/c its the only space us laypeople can see... the smarter players like eze and freeman see diagonals and angles that we're unable to see until they actually happen

also, the tucking of pav inside shows a shift in philosophy due to our strikers... when you're playing matt smith who cant hold up the ball with his feet, you basically need to provide him service from the flanks

but with wells and hemed, who both have brilliant back to the goal hold up play (particularly wells, considering his diminutive size), and the cleverness of eze/freeman, we can play more intricate stuff in the final third. we don't need to just blindly play crosses into the box
[Post edited 24 Oct 2018 18:33]
Pav ..my MOM on 19:19 - Oct 24 with 2114 viewsstevec

Pav ..my MOM on 23:54 - Oct 23 by OakR

Yep, different player when he doesn’t have to look after the kid behind him.
Pav ..my MOM on 20:32 - Oct 24 with 2022 viewsjoolsyp

Looking forward to reading Clive’s report and who he gives MoM to. When we’re awful and lose he often gives an N/A. Given that it was probably the best we’ve played for a good couple of seasons perhaps he ought to give MoM to the whole team? 🤪
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024