Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Polter 07:59 - Nov 1 with 3130 viewsNorthernr

Two goals for Union last night away to Dortmund in the cup, second a brilliant header.
Ended up losing 3-2 with a penalty in the last min of extra time.
Polter on 08:07 - Nov 1 with 2444 viewsenfieldargh

Das is ein grossen humping Deutchamonger

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Polter on 08:26 - Nov 1 with 2393 viewslondonscottish

Sie haben einen großen verdammten Deutschen

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Polter on 08:32 - Nov 1 with 2375 viewsMetallica_Hoop

'Russki Kaputt' 'Hande hoch'*

I remember Polter scoring against the Italians pre-season shame he couldn't settle.

*loved 'Codename Warlord'

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Polter on 10:09 - Nov 1 with 2167 viewsqueensparker

Real shame he’s not still here. Would love him in the Matt Smith role
Polter on 10:30 - Nov 1 with 2100 viewsPunteR

Polter on 10:09 - Nov 1 by queensparker

Real shame he’s not still here. Would love him in the Matt Smith role

I think Smith is better. Plus settled. Polter a funny character though.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Polter on 10:52 - Nov 1 with 2058 viewsTheChef

Polter on 10:30 - Nov 1 by PunteR

Hmmm, interesting one, I think I prefer Polter actually - reckon he links play better and is more mobile than Smith (which isn't saying much).

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Polter on 11:10 - Nov 1 with 2029 viewsNorthernr

I can't see that Smith is better than Polter. Hemed and Wells are obviously better than both of them but we don't own those two. Polter's different gravy to Smith IMO.
Polter on 11:28 - Nov 1 with 1992 viewsbosh67

Polter only went home I believe because his wife had a baby and they decided it would be better to move back to Germany to bring the family up. He was settled here but that was a perfectly fair reason to go back home and I think we all gave our blessing. I liked him, all elbows and awkwardness. To be fair to Matt Smith I think he has done well and is a bit unlucky this season. He had a decent goal and assist return as a target and it is only because we refuse to use conventional wingers that he doesn't score more goals.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Login to get fewer ads

Polter on 12:01 - Nov 1 with 1940 viewsstevec

Polter on 11:10 - Nov 1 by Northernr

I can't see that Smith is better than Polter. Hemed and Wells are obviously better than both of them but we don't own those two. Polter's different gravy to Smith IMO.

Hugely entertaining, with the touch of an elephant. I don't think I'd ever seen a forward who could turn a shot at goal into a lunging tackle.

A poor mans Billy Hamilton.
Polter on 12:07 - Nov 1 with 1927 viewstimcocking

He was very likeable, but crap at football.
Polter on 12:12 - Nov 1 with 1901 viewsrsonist

Always felt like that homesickness seemed to hit suspiciously quickly after Ollie arrived. Shame, thought they'd get on.

Mightn't have exactly been McClaren's cup of tea either in fairness.
Polter on 12:14 - Nov 1 with 1903 viewsNorthernr

Polter on 12:12 - Nov 1 by rsonist

Always felt like that homesickness seemed to hit suspiciously quickly after Ollie arrived. Shame, thought they'd get on.

There was definitely more to it, shall we say.
Polter on 12:19 - Nov 1 with 1864 viewsBklynRanger

Polter on 12:12 - Nov 1 by rsonist

Yeah I don't think Olly had much desire to talk him out of leaving. Which was a shame because on the occasions that he was able to fully harness his psychotic physical prowess he was quite a handful.
Polter on 12:22 - Nov 1 with 1844 viewsrsonist

Polter on 12:14 - Nov 1 by Northernr

There was definitely more to it, shall we say.

Even more of a top man for sending his best mate our way then.
Polter on 13:02 - Nov 1 with 1781 viewsqprd

Polter on 10:30 - Nov 1 by PunteR

polter and smith aren't really comparable players

smiths only strength is heading off crosses. he does nothing else and is actually pretty poor at winning long balls from goalkicks. he also literally cant use his feet and can hardly move

polter has a very good back to the goal hold up game, not too dissimilar from hemeds (although polters close control was pretty shocking). very good at linking up and releasing runners into channels. could score the odd goal and such a good player in defense.

polter is miles ahead of smith
Polter on 13:08 - Nov 1 with 1750 viewsenfieldargh

more often than not his control was shocking but now and then he had the touch of Messi

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Polter on 13:16 - Nov 1 with 1726 viewsnix

Polter on 11:10 - Nov 1 by Northernr

We don’t Clive but (according to the Transfermarket website) Hemed’s contract with Brighton ends at the end of the season and Nahki Wells only has one year on his contract with Burnley so they may agree to sell him fairly cheaply. With any luck we might have an option to buy in Wells’ loan contract.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2018 13:18]
Polter on 13:27 - Nov 1 with 1681 viewsqprd

Polter on 13:16 - Nov 1 by nix

We don’t Clive but (according to the Transfermarket website) Hemed’s contract with Brighton ends at the end of the season and Nahki Wells only has one year on his contract with Burnley so they may agree to sell him fairly cheaply. With any luck we might have an option to buy in Wells’ loan contract.

we're kind of in a bind with wells and hemed

we want them to score loads of goals and play as well as they can. but the better they play, the more expensive they become, and the less likely we are able to actually sign them full time
Polter on 13:32 - Nov 1 with 1665 viewsTheChef

Polter on 13:02 - Nov 1 by qprd

polter and smith aren't really comparable players

smiths only strength is heading off crosses. he does nothing else and is actually pretty poor at winning long balls from goalkicks. he also literally cant use his feet and can hardly move

polter has a very good back to the goal hold up game, not too dissimilar from hemeds (although polters close control was pretty shocking). very good at linking up and releasing runners into channels. could score the odd goal and such a good player in defense.

polter is miles ahead of smith

Good summary.

Even Smith's heading of crosses ain't all that, he often misses the target with free headers.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Polter on 14:04 - Nov 1 with 1583 viewsNorthernr

As ever, it'll be wages not transfer fees. Bear in mind that even with a year of parachute money left we couldn't afford to keep Onuoha and Robinson, next year no parachute money at all.

Obviously hope I'm wrong, particularly on wells, I'd crawl on hands and knees over broken glass all the way to Burnley to keep that boy.
Polter on 14:17 - Nov 1 with 1548 viewsTacticalR

Up the Swanee without a parachute

Air hostess clique

Polter on 14:23 - Nov 1 with 1537 viewsToast_R

Polter on 14:04 - Nov 1 by Northernr

As ever, it'll be wages not transfer fees. Bear in mind that even with a year of parachute money left we couldn't afford to keep Onuoha and Robinson, next year no parachute money at all.

Obviously hope I'm wrong, particularly on wells, I'd crawl on hands and knees over broken glass all the way to Burnley to keep that boy.

Was Onuoha's contract extended and Robinson snared during the Redknapp era? If so, I'm guessing both wages were of stupid high end Premier League stature. Can't see Burnley or Brighton paying those kinds of figures to their players so there might be plenty of room to negotiate a realistic deal if both players obviously want to play first team football at QPR.
Polter on 14:41 - Nov 1 with 1499 viewsNorthernr

Polter on 14:23 - Nov 1 by Toast_R

Was Onuoha's contract extended and Robinson snared during the Redknapp era? If so, I'm guessing both wages were of stupid high end Premier League stature. Can't see Burnley or Brighton paying those kinds of figures to their players so there might be plenty of room to negotiate a realistic deal if both players obviously want to play first team football at QPR.

Onuoha's was renewed post relegation under Ferdinand and Hoos so will have come down considerably from the original premier League deal. Robinson was still on the contract signed under Redknapp.
Polter on 14:57 - Nov 1 with 1452 viewsWadR

Think Dave Mc tweeted a while back that Brighton have an extension option on Hemed, so would prob still cost a fee on top of big wages, sadly.

Really like Polter, not much of a goal threat, (as others have said) poor touch but offered a lot more than Smith. Which isn't meant as a slight on Smith, he's been really good value for money for us and has his strengths.

Union Berlin are 3rd in the League, fingers crossed for big Seb. Would love to see him galumphing through the Bayern defence.
Polter on 19:49 - Nov 1 with 1232 viewsWatford_Ranger

There was a beautiful window of about ten minutes where Chery and Polter were a lethal combo.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024