Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Warren Farm 10:13 - Nov 1 with 83333 viewsconnell10

Some one saying on WATRB that the Supreme court has thrown out the appeal placed against us and Warren Farm is a goer! Good news if true!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Warren Farm on 13:10 - Jan 24 with 3901 viewsBakes

Warren Farm on 12:48 - Jan 24 by 2Thomas2Bowles

A group came to the site on Thursday (28 January) This is old news or they have a time machine.

Last time the 28th fell on a Thursday in Jan was 2016.
[Post edited 24 Jan 2020 12:54]

Must be a typo, article was published today.

With Faith And Courage Comes Glory

Warren Farm on 14:15 - Jan 24 with 3714 viewsPinnerPaul

Warren Farm on 12:20 - Jan 24 by R_from_afar

Looking at the website, I don't see an appropriate e-mail address. I could send them a tweet but I doubt they will respond to a random tweet from one fan.

Without wishing to be provocative - ooer missus - is there any reason why *you* haven't contacted the club?

I'm not one of those claiming the club has given up on it.

businessmatters@qpr.co.uk is the e mail to try if you'd rather get an answer from the club, but there are now 10 pages of guesswork /speculation here if you prefer!
[Post edited 24 Jan 2020 14:17]
Warren Farm on 14:44 - Jan 24 with 3632 viewsR_from_afar

Warren Farm on 14:15 - Jan 24 by PinnerPaul

I'm not one of those claiming the club has given up on it.

businessmatters@qpr.co.uk is the e mail to try if you'd rather get an answer from the club, but there are now 10 pages of guesswork /speculation here if you prefer!
[Post edited 24 Jan 2020 14:17]

Thanks, much appreciated . E-mail duly sent.

Now we wait....

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Warren Farm on 14:45 - Jan 24 with 3637 viewsNortholt_Rs

Warren Farm on 13:53 - Jan 23 by Lblock

Except it's not.

Planning Permission has been given - soon as you get that you can get a shovel in the ground.
There's other Statutory matters that a commercial build needs to satisfy, grant you that, but as a builder you can crack on once Planning Permission fully granted as long as you satisfy any of the consents contained.

Now you could say the Club is taking a "good neighbour" approach here. Only I don't believe that's the case, the SWF, Friends of Hanwell, WeLoveBentfordFarewellGimpinPark mob will NEVER EVER be satisfied so plough on regardless would be my call.
The real reason seems obvious and that is that the club has no immediate intention to embark on this journey fully.

Love to hear differently and that a demo package is underway including the removal of asbestos (28 days notice needed there)

My hat has gone mouldy.

Bungle & Co. are hoping this development gets blocked so the can say “we tried” when they never had any true intent to spend money on WF. Otherwise why didn’t they commence works in October last year when they were granted planning permission? It’s more Bungle BS.

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Warren Farm on 15:11 - Jan 24 with 3586 viewsR_from_afar

Warren Farm on 14:44 - Jan 24 by R_from_afar

Thanks, much appreciated . E-mail duly sent.

Now we wait....

E-mails (sent from Gmail and from work e-mail address) both bounced, so I have tweeted the club instead. Stand by....

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Warren Farm on 15:56 - Jan 24 with 3541 viewsLongsufferingR

Warren Farm on 14:45 - Jan 24 by Northolt_Rs

Bungle & Co. are hoping this development gets blocked so the can say “we tried” when they never had any true intent to spend money on WF. Otherwise why didn’t they commence works in October last year when they were granted planning permission? It’s more Bungle BS.

Spending hundreds of thousands on lawyers, planning, architects etc seems a strange away to avoid spending money.
Warren Farm on 15:59 - Jan 24 with 3529 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Warren Farm on 15:56 - Jan 24 by LongsufferingR

Spending hundreds of thousands on lawyers, planning, architects etc seems a strange away to avoid spending money.

That's what convinces me that they're serious.

I didn't trust Fernandes on OOC, and I'm still sceptical about the ownership of LCS if it happens, but I'm not overly worried about the delay on this. Hopefully just pre-construction stuff.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Warren Farm on 16:01 - Jan 24 with 3514 viewsTonto

Warren Farm on 14:45 - Jan 24 by Northolt_Rs

and your evidence for such a statement is?

(I'll wait)

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

Login to get fewer ads

Warren Farm on 18:08 - Jan 24 with 3331 views2Thomas2Bowles

Warren Farm on 13:10 - Jan 24 by Bakes

Must be a typo, article was published today.

or they regurgitate an old story and missed the date on it, make it look new
Nah
LOL

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Warren Farm on 18:37 - Jan 24 with 3291 viewsPunteR

Warren Farm on 12:27 - Jan 24 by Bakes

Local residents stood in front of machinery yesterday

Poor little darlings got all upset over the council cutting the grass

http://www.ealingtoday.co.uk/default.asp?section=info&page=eawarrenfarmjan202000
[Post edited 24 Jan 2020 12:28]

This is rubbish, its just a big lawn mower.
Need to put up hoarding around the site including protected areas, trees etc. I could get this started in 2 weeks if QPR want to give me a shout. :)

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Warren Farm on 21:03 - Jan 24 with 3180 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Warren Farm on 15:56 - Jan 24 by LongsufferingR

The club wasted a quarter of a billion pounds on premier league bludgers so nothing surprises me with this board.
Warren Farm on 21:14 - Jan 24 with 3169 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Warren Farm on 15:59 - Jan 24 by BrianMcCarthy

That's what convinces me that they're serious.

I didn't trust Fernandes on OOC, and I'm still sceptical about the ownership of LCS if it happens, but I'm not overly worried about the delay on this. Hopefully just pre-construction stuff.

Hopefully being the operative word.

Since the project was announced back in 2012, QPR wasted £250million+ on PL turd, were hit with a £40million FFP fine and Mittal reduced his share from 30% to 11%. Given that infrastructure is not subject to FFP, the final legal hurdle was overcome in Q4 2018 and no work has happened since, my head tells me that something is amiss.

My heart, however, sincerely hopes that I'm wrong and you get the opportunity to tell me 'I told you so'.
Warren Farm on 22:03 - Jan 24 with 3098 viewsBoston

Warren Farm on 18:37 - Jan 24 by PunteR

This is rubbish, its just a big lawn mower.
Need to put up hoarding around the site including protected areas, trees etc. I could get this started in 2 weeks if QPR want to give me a shout. :)

Will an electrician be required?
[Post edited 24 Jan 2020 22:04]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Warren Farm on 22:15 - Jan 24 with 3074 viewsPunteR

Warren Farm on 22:03 - Jan 24 by Boston

Will an electrician be required?
[Post edited 24 Jan 2020 22:04]

Yeh. Get the generators in for now though.

Warren Farm on 00:02 - Jan 25 with 2987 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Warren Farm on 21:14 - Jan 24 by Benny_the_Ball

Hopefully being the operative word.

Since the project was announced back in 2012, QPR wasted £250million+ on PL turd, were hit with a £40million FFP fine and Mittal reduced his share from 30% to 11%. Given that infrastructure is not subject to FFP, the final legal hurdle was overcome in Q4 2018 and no work has happened since, my head tells me that something is amiss.

My heart, however, sincerely hopes that I'm wrong and you get the opportunity to tell me 'I told you so'.

Well, I wouldn't ever say "I told you so", as I don't know! We're all just guessing, me included.What’s happening with Warren Farm?

This Dave Mc article from Nov 7 2019 is the latest update I can find, and gives hope I think. Construction due to start early 2020, it says.

"With the legal battle finally settled and QPR having been given the green light for a new training ground at Warren Farm, the next steps have involved fulfilling various pre-planning conditions.
These include things like an ecological management plan, construction and logistics plan and an archaeological service, which were all discharged last week, paving the way for building work to actually begin.

In most cases, this process would have been completed quicker. The delay is in part because it is so long — almost six years — since planning permission was initially granted.
There is now an expectation that building work will commence early next year."

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-update-warren-farm-linford-christie-stad

Warren Farm on 02:26 - Jan 25 with 2951 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Warren Farm on 00:02 - Jan 25 by BrianMcCarthy

Well, I wouldn't ever say "I told you so", as I don't know! We're all just guessing, me included.What’s happening with Warren Farm?

This Dave Mc article from Nov 7 2019 is the latest update I can find, and gives hope I think. Construction due to start early 2020, it says.

"With the legal battle finally settled and QPR having been given the green light for a new training ground at Warren Farm, the next steps have involved fulfilling various pre-planning conditions.
These include things like an ecological management plan, construction and logistics plan and an archaeological service, which were all discharged last week, paving the way for building work to actually begin.

In most cases, this process would have been completed quicker. The delay is in part because it is so long — almost six years — since planning permission was initially granted.
There is now an expectation that building work will commence early next year."

https://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-update-warren-farm-linford-christie-stad

Thanks for that, Brian. As the old adage goes, time will tell. Interesting that QPR are looking at other means of financing the project, including a bond issue. Given that spending on infrastructure is exempt from FFP and ultimately the owners (as shareholders) will benefit from this asset, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect them to pay the lion's share.
Warren Farm on 09:22 - Jan 25 with 2857 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Warren Farm on 02:26 - Jan 25 by Benny_the_Ball

Thanks for that, Brian. As the old adage goes, time will tell. Interesting that QPR are looking at other means of financing the project, including a bond issue. Given that spending on infrastructure is exempt from FFP and ultimately the owners (as shareholders) will benefit from this asset, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect them to pay the lion's share.

Completely agree, Benny.

Warren Farm on 09:32 - Jan 25 with 2834 viewsQPR_Jim

Warren Farm on 02:26 - Jan 25 by Benny_the_Ball

I was under the impression that the bond issue was intended as an alternative to borrowing from banks and would have covered a fraction of the cost rather than the lions share.

Either way we need the training ground, so I don't care how they fund it at this point so long as they start building it.
Warren Farm on 15:13 - Jan 25 with 2639 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Warren Farm on 09:32 - Jan 25 by QPR_Jim

I was under the impression that the bond issue was intended as an alternative to borrowing from banks and would have covered a fraction of the cost rather than the lions share.

Either way we need the training ground, so I don't care how they fund it at this point so long as they start building it.

Why on earth do they need to borrow from banks? They're good for it and will benefit when they eventually sell the club. I want a training ground as much as the next man but without hamstringing the club. "I don't care how they fund it" is the kind of mantra that landed QPR with a hefty FFP fine.
Warren Farm on 21:25 - Jan 25 with 2400 viewsQPR_Jim

Warren Farm on 15:13 - Jan 25 by Benny_the_Ball

Why on earth do they need to borrow from banks? They're good for it and will benefit when they eventually sell the club. I want a training ground as much as the next man but without hamstringing the club. "I don't care how they fund it" is the kind of mantra that landed QPR with a hefty FFP fine.

Warren Farm on 21:30 - Jan 25 with 2390 viewsLythamR

Rich people tend to not use their own money unless they have to
Warren Farm on 00:20 - Jan 26 with 2261 viewsPunteR

Warren Farm on 21:30 - Jan 25 by LythamR

Except when they buy footballers. hmm

Warren Farm on 13:07 - Jan 26 with 2087 viewsQPR_John

But in the case of financing a training ground FFP does not come into it
Warren Farm on 01:18 - Jan 27 with 1901 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Warren Farm on 21:30 - Jan 25 by LythamR

Didn't stop them spunking £250million on PL prima donnas.
Warren Farm on 01:19 - Jan 27 with 1900 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Warren Farm on 13:07 - Jan 26 by QPR_John

But in the case of financing a training ground FFP does not come into it

Which is why they can fund it rather than look at alternate options like bonds or loans which would just put the club into further debt (albeit ignored when calculating FFP).
[Post edited 27 Jan 2020 1:22]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024