Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mark Halsey 13:30 - Nov 2 with 3681 viewsenfieldargh

Just on Talk Sport.

QPR fan, dad still a ST holder.

Think Graham Poll is also an R.

didnt these two have a ding dong over something some time ago.

Typical QPR fans in fighting

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Mark Halsey on 13:37 - Nov 2 with 3638 viewsAntti_Heinola

There's a brilliant bit on ref wars, and specifically Poll and Halsey's mutual dislike in Booked! the football book, which was featured on the pod the other week I think... but yeah, don't like each other. Poll got drunk at a ref's meet, got lairy, allegedly jumped on a car and threw up in the hotel corridor. One of the refs reported him to the head ref and he got into trouble.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Booked-Gospel-According-Football-Heroes/dp/1785313932

Bare bones.

Mark Halsey on 13:38 - Nov 2 with 3629 viewsNorthernr

Poll used to drink in The Green in a QPR scarf prior to its refurbs.
Mark Halsey on 14:18 - Nov 2 with 3498 viewsEsox_Lucius

I was told by an ex FIFA ref I know that Poll used to get seriously tetchy about being reminded about his 3 yellow card game in the WC. One of his common ripostes to the mention of it was to jeer words along the lines of "I got half a million quid from my fück up, how much do you make?" Doesn't come across as a nice person does he?
[Post edited 2 Nov 2018 16:01]

The grass is always greener.

Mark Halsey on 14:52 - Nov 2 with 3402 viewsPinnerPaul

Mark Halsey on 13:37 - Nov 2 by Antti_Heinola

There's a brilliant bit on ref wars, and specifically Poll and Halsey's mutual dislike in Booked! the football book, which was featured on the pod the other week I think... but yeah, don't like each other. Poll got drunk at a ref's meet, got lairy, allegedly jumped on a car and threw up in the hotel corridor. One of the refs reported him to the head ref and he got into trouble.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Booked-Gospel-According-Football-Heroes/dp/1785313932

Also touched on in Howard Webb's book as well and in practically every other top ref's autobiographies.

No different to most workplaces, I guess, cliques form, some get on, some don't.
Mark Halsey on 15:01 - Nov 2 with 3369 viewsdodge_stoke_r

Chatted with Poll a few years back at Alton Towers. Said Craig Bellamy was a horrible cvnt and the biggest pain in the arse that he ever reffed
[Post edited 3 Nov 2018 11:57]
Mark Halsey on 15:16 - Nov 2 with 3326 viewsTacticalR

Mark Halsey on 15:01 - Nov 2 by dodge_stoke_r

Chatted with Poll a few years back at Alton Towers. Said Craig Bellamy was a horrible cvnt and the biggest pain in the arse that he ever reffed

So there is definitely something to that Clattenburg Bellamy story:
'In 2009, the then-Manchester City manager Mark Hughes alleged that Clattenburg had based a decision to send off Craig Bellamy on a personal dislike for the striker, with a source claiming the referee had asked City staff as he walked by them: "How do you work with Craig Bellamy all week?"'

Air hostess clique

Mark Halsey on 15:31 - Nov 2 with 3279 viewsthame_hoops

Mark Halsey on 14:18 - Nov 2 by Esox_Lucius

I was told by an ex FIFA ref I know that Poll used to get seriously tetchy about being reminded about his 3 yellow card game in the WC. One of his common ripostes to the mention of it was to jeer words along the lines of "I got half a million quid from my fück up, how much do you make?" Doesn't come across as a nice person does he?
[Post edited 2 Nov 2018 16:01]

Haha brilliant retort ...’he’s one of our own’
Mark Halsey on 15:44 - Nov 2 with 3248 viewsderbyhoop

Mark Halsey on 15:01 - Nov 2 by dodge_stoke_r

And ........ ?

Hard to question the refs' judgement about Bellamy.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Login to get fewer ads

Mark Halsey on 16:14 - Nov 2 with 3153 viewsLunarJetman

Mark Halsey on 15:31 - Nov 2 by thame_hoops

Haha brilliant retort ...’he’s one of our own’

In fairness to him as well, there's only so many times you can be reminded of your biggest mistake in the biggest match of your life until it starts to grate. He may or may not be a cnüt but I don't think this riposte can be used as evidence of that fact.
Mark Halsey on 16:41 - Nov 2 with 3089 viewsloftboy

Poll reffed us against Watford, the game where Gallen missed a penalty circa 2005, so was surprised when he sat in front of me in the west Paddock a few seasons later.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2018 16:42]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Mark Halsey on 17:06 - Nov 2 with 3030 viewshoopstar67

Mark Halsey on 16:41 - Nov 2 by loftboy

Poll reffed us against Watford, the game where Gallen missed a penalty circa 2005, so was surprised when he sat in front of me in the west Paddock a few seasons later.
[Post edited 2 Nov 2018 16:42]

That was one of the best performances by a ref I have seen. You could see Poll was enjoying himself and always smiling. At one point he was racing Shittu back to the centre circle!
Mark Halsey on 17:07 - Nov 2 with 3027 viewsPinnerPaul

Don't think anyone will beat Clattenburg v Wigan - THE best in my view
Mark Halsey on 19:17 - Nov 2 with 2866 viewspaulparker

Heard the interview in the car today he said he was a shepherds Bush boy
As for the best ref it has to be Chris foy

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Mark Halsey on 19:57 - Nov 2 with 2810 viewsBoston

What was the Talksport interview about? I’ve had a drink with Mark Halsey and his dad, (Jack, was in R block, known as Scorps in some circles).

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Mark Halsey on 20:35 - Nov 2 with 2738 viewsstowmarketrange

Mark Halsey on 17:06 - Nov 2 by hoopstar67

That was one of the best performances by a ref I have seen. You could see Poll was enjoying himself and always smiling. At one point he was racing Shittu back to the centre circle!

Didn’t he also send off the Watford player for the handball that led to the penalty?And allow us to take it again when we missed it the first time?
I thought you had to declare to the fa about any club allegencies so that they wouldn’t let you ref one of their games.Unless it’s Man Utd of course.
Mark Halsey on 22:54 - Nov 2 with 2596 viewsBoston

Mark Halsey on 20:35 - Nov 2 by stowmarketrange

Didn’t he also send off the Watford player for the handball that led to the penalty?And allow us to take it again when we missed it the first time?
I thought you had to declare to the fa about any club allegencies so that they wouldn’t let you ref one of their games.Unless it’s Man Utd of course.

Sssshhhh

Mark Halsey on 00:05 - Nov 3 with 2542 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I expect there are probably QPR supporting traffic wardens, bailiffs, and estate agents too!
Mark Halsey on 01:05 - Nov 3 with 2522 viewsBoston

Mark Halsey on 00:05 - Nov 3 by BazzaInTheLoft

I expect there are probably QPR supporting traffic wardens, bailiffs, and estate agents too!

...maybe even Conservatives.

Mark Halsey on 05:28 - Nov 3 with 2450 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Mark Halsey on 01:05 - Nov 3 by Boston

...maybe even Conservatives.

Mark Halsey on 06:17 - Nov 3 with 2435 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Back in the early 80s, my dad and I had STs right by the tunnel.

Can’t recall who we were playing, but we were having a bit of a shocker. As everyone troops off at HT, I say to Clive Thomas the ref, ‘any chance of a pen in the second half?’ As he came out for the resumption, I asked again. He replied, ‘I would but you’d only miss it!’

Sure enough, Thomas awarded us a pen and being QPR, we missed it. As Thomas leaves the field at the end of the game he comes up to me laughing, and simply says, ‘told you!’ What a great ref he was.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Mark Halsey on 10:50 - Nov 5 with 2006 viewsfrancisbowles

Mark Halsey on 06:17 - Nov 3 by PlanetHonneywood

Back in the early 80s, my dad and I had STs right by the tunnel.

Can’t recall who we were playing, but we were having a bit of a shocker. As everyone troops off at HT, I say to Clive Thomas the ref, ‘any chance of a pen in the second half?’ As he came out for the resumption, I asked again. He replied, ‘I would but you’d only miss it!’

Sure enough, Thomas awarded us a pen and being QPR, we missed it. As Thomas leaves the field at the end of the game he comes up to me laughing, and simply says, ‘told you!’ What a great ref he was.

Not too many Brazilians would agree with you!
Mark Halsey on 10:55 - Nov 5 with 1988 viewsCamberleyR

Mark Halsey on 10:50 - Nov 5 by francisbowles

Not too many Brazilians would agree with you!

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

Mark Halsey on 13:01 - Nov 5 with 1895 viewsQPR_John

Mark Halsey on 10:55 - Nov 5 by CamberleyR

Games can only be extended for a penalty of course now it is extended for a corner (unofficially I agree but it does happen)
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024