Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
NFL Question 22:46 - Nov 16 with 12059 viewsLatticeR

I know alot of LFW regulars are big NFL Fans, so my question is would you rate Aaron Rodgers as the Number 1 QB especially as is he leading team that without him could be 0-10 for the season so far.
NFL Question on 13:56 - Nov 19 with 2342 viewsCincyHoop

Aaron Rodgers is pound for pound the best QB in the league, and likely in a category by himself.

Slightly worse than him is the elite, but not on Rodgers level consisting of (in no particular order):
Brees, Big Ben, Rivers, Brady, Luck

Then you have a whole slew of QB's who are good, can win you games and deep runs into playoffs and an outside shot at a super bowl. This group also contains some younger QB's who I think the sample size is just to small to discern if they are truely elite or just really good:
Mahomes, Goff, Ryan, Cousins, Newton, Wentz, Wilson, Mariotta, Stafford, Trubisky.

Then complete average to garbage.

As a Browns fan, I honestly don't know where I'd put Mayfield. Seems to have a lot of potential, but still hard to judge him with the dysfunction in the front office, and lack of playmakers at the WR position. I'd slip him in the complete average at this time, but obviously with a high ceiling. As with Darnold as well.
NFL Question on 16:09 - Nov 19 with 2320 viewsthame_hoops

NFL Question on 13:56 - Nov 19 by CincyHoop

Aaron Rodgers is pound for pound the best QB in the league, and likely in a category by himself.

Slightly worse than him is the elite, but not on Rodgers level consisting of (in no particular order):

Then you have a whole slew of QB's who are good, can win you games and deep runs into playoffs and an outside shot at a super bowl. This group also contains some younger QB's who I think the sample size is just to small to discern if they are truely elite or just really good:
Mahomes, Goff, Ryan, Cousins, Newton, Wentz, Wilson, Mariotta, Stafford, Trubisky.

As a Browns fan, I honestly don't know where I'd put Mayfield. Seems to have a lot of potential, but still hard to judge him with the dysfunction in the front office, and lack of playmakers at the WR position. I'd slip him in the complete average at this time, but obviously with a high ceiling. As with Darnold as well.

as someone who watches flacco every week, he deserves to be in your 'slew of QBS' or franchise QBs as id call it..at the front but behind matt ryan and ahead of all the others who havnt won anything.

Fitzpatrick is better than Winston IMO and brees is the best this season with mahomes 2nd (just this season, not all time obviously) id put big ben ahead of Rodgers too.

recency bias is always prevalent when it comes to ranking QBs
NFL Question on 16:55 - Nov 19 with 2306 viewshopphoops

Cincy Hoop how was your trip, apart from the weather? I'm sure you're working on the 'just back'

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

NFL Question on 18:01 - Nov 19 with 2299 viewsCincyHoop

NFL Question on 16:55 - Nov 19 by hopphoops

Cincy Hoop how was your trip, apart from the weather? I'm sure you're working on the 'just back'

Trip was absolutely incredible. Had the time of my life in the two hour window of the game. Did a lot of pub hopping while checking out some of the tourist-y places.

The tube is incredible how you can pretty much be anywhere within 30 min or so within the city. Cincinnati started a subway project years ago, then abandoned the project, so our highway system is currently a mess.

The only gripe I have about London was the fact that it seemed to be dark out at 4:30pm. It played with my mind quite substantially, but obviously your summer days are probably light until 1030-11 I'd presume?

I feel as if I managed the jet lag pretty well, but Tuesday back in the office last week really sucked. I will definitely be making a return trip, probably flying into London to catch a game and then jet off to another European city, maybe Munich or Prague?
NFL Question on 18:59 - Nov 19 with 2273 viewsthame_hoops

NFL Question on 18:01 - Nov 19 by CincyHoop

Trip was absolutely incredible. Had the time of my life in the two hour window of the game. Did a lot of pub hopping while checking out some of the tourist-y places.

The tube is incredible how you can pretty much be anywhere within 30 min or so within the city. Cincinnati started a subway project years ago, then abandoned the project, so our highway system is currently a mess.

The only gripe I have about London was the fact that it seemed to be dark out at 4:30pm. It played with my mind quite substantially, but obviously your summer days are probably light until 1030-11 I'd presume?

I feel as if I managed the jet lag pretty well, but Tuesday back in the office last week really sucked. I will definitely be making a return trip, probably flying into London to catch a game and then jet off to another European city, maybe Munich or Prague?

Dark early? Really? I spend a lot time in Baltimore and this time of year it’s dark around 4:30 too, cinci isnt too far is it ?

Edit- go ravens
[Post edited 19 Nov 2018 19:00]
NFL Question on 19:05 - Nov 19 with 2270 viewsCincyHoop

Cincinnati is very deep into EST, therefore it is lighter out later than cities in the eastern portion of the time zone. Get into Illinois or Nashville as they are on CST and you have the same darkness problem as Baltimore. Always growing up in the western portion of the time zones was a huge plus I think.
NFL Question on 12:05 - Nov 20 with 2202 viewssimmo

Well what an advert that was for young QB's in the league. Goff and Mahomes absolutely incredible for what is probbaly the best game I've ever seen. Shame that wasn't a superbowl!

ask Beavis I get nothing Butthead

NFL Question on 12:31 - Nov 20 with 2200 viewsbob566

NFL Question on 12:05 - Nov 20 by simmo

Well what an advert that was for young QB's in the league. Goff and Mahomes absolutely incredible for what is probbaly the best game I've ever seen. Shame that wasn't a superbowl!

some match. Throw in Tyreek Hill and Todd Gurley too. Great game. Goff did well considering the chiefs shut gurley down.
Login to get fewer ads

NFL Question on 12:58 - Nov 20 with 2194 viewssimmo

NFL Question on 12:31 - Nov 20 by bob566

some match. Throw in Tyreek Hill and Todd Gurley too. Great game. Goff did well considering the chiefs shut gurley down.

Properly incredible, the first time in NFL history both teams have scored 50+ apparently.

I hope this doesn't de-rail the Chiefs season, would love to see how Mahones and co do deep in the post season.

NFL Question on 13:13 - Nov 20 with 2191 viewshopphoops

NFL Question on 18:01 - Nov 19 by CincyHoop

Excellent! They certainly gave you a good game. If you want more daylight, come back in May for the play-offs :)

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

NFL Question on 14:58 - Nov 20 with 2169 viewsTonto

I won my fantasy match by 0.12 points, thanks to my inspired choice of picking up and starting Reynolds at WR! Damn - he is on a bye next week.

Why stop now, just when I'm hating it
Poll: Is it essential that QPR stay in the Borough of H&F?

NFL Question on 17:32 - Nov 20 with 2146 viewsUruguayanRanger

He is the best, being let down by a poor coach and a poor offensive line in front of him.

The question of him v Brady is a bit moot as Brady has had an amazing coach in Belichick and a phenomenal setup around him for years. Saying that, you don't win as many as the Patriots have without a great QB.

I think if you had put Rodgers in that Patriots team, with Belihick, I believe he would be considered the GOAT without question.

PS...I'm a Packers fan
NFL Question on 17:34 - Nov 20 with 2144 viewssimmo

NFL Question on 17:32 - Nov 20 by UruguayanRanger

He is the best, being let down by a poor coach and a poor offensive line in front of him.

The question of him v Brady is a bit moot as Brady has had an amazing coach in Belichick and a phenomenal setup around him for years. Saying that, you don't win as many as the Patriots have without a great QB.

I think if you had put Rodgers in that Patriots team, with Belihick, I believe he would be considered the GOAT without question.

PS...I'm a Packers fan

Saw a stat today that Luck hasn't been sacked in 5 games, you could only imagine the kind of damage Rodgers could do with that level of protection.

NFL Question on 19:06 - Nov 20 with 2134 viewsLatticeR

NFL Question on 17:32 - Nov 20 by UruguayanRanger

PS...I'm a Packers fan

To be honest I didn't expect so many indepth and knowledgeable replies to my initial post, so a big thanks to you all!
Following the Packers for close on 20 years and seeing Rodgers continually develop and excel I admit being biased in my opinion of him but also growingly concerned as to what will happen when age and continual injuries catch up with him,I foresee a continued period in the wilderness similar to what the Bears have experienced while the Franchise rebuilds.The Coaching of McCarthy this season has not helped Rodgers and it may be a blessing in disguise if the Pack fail to make the Play Offs as it should result in alot of sole searching which realistically could lead to a change in Head Coach ,but I expect McCarthy to be given one more year.

The poor performances of the Packers though has decreased my own expectations of progression and allowed me to enjoy what so far has been one of the best NFL seasons I can remember,Monday nights game between Rams and Kansas epitomised for me the season to date, two teams just going at it and defenses being over run by a New Roster of Hungry QB's wanting to make there mark but with the Old School of Brees, Brady , Rodgers ,Dawson and Luck still proving their worth.
The NFL for me is in a good place at the moment with an abundance of emerging talent and a number of reinvigorated franchises.I don't expect my team to win more than 3 of their remaining 6 games but if they can perform miracles against Vikings and Bears leaving them to need a win against the Lions in the last game to come second in the division then that would be Christmas Miracle which could only be surpassed by the Pack being one of the London teams for games next autumn.
NFL Question on 19:41 - Nov 20 with 2131 viewsthame_hoops

NFL Question on 12:58 - Nov 20 by simmo

Properly incredible, the first time in NFL history both teams have scored 50+ apparently.

I hope this doesn't de-rail the Chiefs season, would love to see how Mahones and co do deep in the post season.

Probably in the minority here but I don’t enjoy these types of games, it’s like arena football or basketball, I’m a fan of Defence ! As entertaining as it was
NFL Question on 19:59 - Nov 20 with 2125 viewsMrSheen

Here’s a piece on when Mahomes played Baker Mayfield in college.
https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/9/24/17894942/baker-mayfield-patr
Chuck Josh Rosen in as another promising young QB buried alive in a hopeless high draft pick team.
NFL Question on 00:48 - Nov 21 with 2095 viewstimcocking

NFL Question on 19:59 - Nov 20 by MrSheen

Here’s a piece on when Mahomes played Baker Mayfield in college.
https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2018/9/24/17894942/baker-mayfield-patr
Chuck Josh Rosen in as another promising young QB buried alive in a hopeless high draft pick team.

How about that Chiefs-Rams game? I think it's fair to say that if you brought down a million aliens, got them all to watch a game of american football and a game of football, you'd have a million aliens exclaiming immediately how much more exciting and better american football is.

People love football because it's so brilliant and simple to play and it's tribal. Fcuking boring in comparison to watch, though.
NFL Question on 08:28 - Nov 21 with 2066 viewsEsox_Lucius

NFL Question on 12:31 - Nov 20 by bob566

Dee Ford, Travis Kelce & Kareem Hunt had their part to play in that showcase too IMO.
Unnecessary penalties by both sides really took the edge off the game for me but I understand that maybe it was just because of the nature of the offense on both sides, Scandrick especially has been good this season but he was destroyed on the first two Rams series.

The grass is always greener.

NFL Question on 12:04 - Dec 1 with 1963 viewsEsox_Lucius

I just saw that Kareem Hunt has been released by the Chiefs after an assault on a woman.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/american-football/46411112

The grass is always greener.

NFL Question on 22:52 - Dec 1 with 1925 viewsthame_hoops

NFL Question on 12:04 - Dec 1 by Esox_Lucius

I just saw that Kareem Hunt has been released by the Chiefs after an assault on a woman.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/american-football/46411112

Very similar to the ray rice situation. Mixon and tyreek hill shouldnt be playing either imo
NFL Question on 02:02 - Dec 2 with 1900 viewstimcocking

NFL Question on 19:41 - Nov 20 by thame_hoops

Probably in the minority here but I don’t enjoy these types of games, it’s like arena football or basketball, I’m a fan of Defence ! As entertaining as it was

Actually, great as it was, i'm no fan of 100 point games either.

As for American footballers seemingly constantly assaulting women, it's bloody unbelievable. Wtf is wrong with some people? In his position he could have multiple models every night if he chose, no need to be beating them up. That ain't gonna help the Chiefs.
NFL Question on 08:44 - Dec 2 with 1886 viewsthame_hoops

NFL Question on 02:02 - Dec 2 by timcocking

Actually, great as it was, i'm no fan of 100 point games either.

As for American footballers seemingly constantly assaulting women, it's bloody unbelievable. Wtf is wrong with some people? In his position he could have multiple models every night if he chose, no need to be beating them up. That ain't gonna help the Chiefs.

I think they will still be ok, Spencer Ware should step up
NFL Question on 10:29 - Dec 2 with 1873 viewstimcocking

NFL Question on 08:44 - Dec 2 by thame_hoops

I think they will still be ok, Spencer Ware should step up

Given how well they've done, it'd be a shame if something like this did derail them.
NFL Question on 16:31 - Dec 2 with 1845 viewsBoston

NFL Question on 19:41 - Nov 20 by thame_hoops

Me too.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

NFL Question on 16:35 - Dec 2 with 1836 viewsBoston

Today the Pats kick off at 4,25pm, which I wish they could do every week.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024