Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The LFW Desert Island Discs Thread 12:46 - Nov 17 with 28110 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Post any one of your eight Desert Island Discs. Only one per post for arrowing purposes. Eight posts not just allowed, but encouraged.

I haven't decided on my full eight yet, but this is definitely one of them.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The LFW Desert Island Discs Thread on 11:00 - Nov 30 with 1847 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The LFW Desert Island Discs Thread on 11:03 - Nov 30 with 1842 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Aphex Ambience at it's best

The LFW Desert Island Discs Thread on 11:08 - Nov 30 with 1836 viewsCroydonCaptJack

I can't not take JD to the Island.

The LFW Desert Island Discs Thread on 11:09 - Nov 30 with 1835 viewsCroydonCaptJack

The best track on a great debut album

[Post edited 30 Nov 2018 11:20]
The LFW Desert Island Discs Thread on 11:11 - Nov 30 with 1832 viewsCroydonCaptJack

And Scott, a bit of a fruitcake now but what a voice

The LFW Desert Island Discs Thread on 11:13 - Nov 30 with 1831 viewsCroydonCaptJack

My favourite band with so many to chose from.

The LFW Desert Island Discs Thread on 11:17 - Nov 30 with 1829 viewsCroydonCaptJack

And lastly I can't leave out Frankie Knuckles.

[Post edited 30 Nov 2018 11:19]
The LFW Desert Island Discs Thread on 11:50 - Nov 30 with 1809 viewswestberksr

#3 whilst on the subject of Frankie Knuckles; couldn't decide between this and Your Love.

As I've had a shite week and feeling very melancholic it's this tune

[Post edited 30 Nov 2018 11:51]
Login to get fewer ads

The LFW Desert Island Discs Thread on 12:02 - Nov 30 with 1798 viewsKensal_Ranger

For my black dog days on that island..
The LFW Desert Island Discs Thread on 12:19 - Nov 30 with 1792 viewswestberksr

#4 quickfire return for me.

this song just never gets old for me; also off one of the best albums in my collection. Shara Nelson's haunting vocal over the brilliant production!

The LFW Desert Island Discs Thread on 19:32 - Nov 30 with 1770 viewsTacticalR

'If I were to tell you that one of the greatest records ever made came out of the South Korean psychedelic pop scene in 1973, you’d probably doubt my sanity. And you’d be utterly, utterly wrong.'
http://blogjam.com/2008/02/28/kim-jung-mi/

Air hostess clique

The LFW Desert Island Discs Thread on 20:25 - Nov 30 with 1760 viewsBlackCrowe

The LFW Desert Island Discs Thread on 19:32 - Nov 30 by TacticalR

'If I were to tell you that one of the greatest records ever made came out of the South Korean psychedelic pop scene in 1973, you’d probably doubt my sanity. And you’d be utterly, utterly wrong.'
http://blogjam.com/2008/02/28/kim-jung-mi/

No.7

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

The LFW Desert Island Discs Thread on 20:28 - Nov 30 with 1760 viewsTacticalR

The LFW Desert Island Discs Thread on 10:45 - Nov 30 by BrianMcCarthy

My No. 6. Gets me every time.

Drake is mentioned in Françoise Hardy's autobiography which was translated into English this year:

'Since his first record, I had liked the gifted young English singer and songwriter Nick Drake, to whom the media inexplicably gave the cold shoulder. For this reason, when I was in his country I spoke to every journalist I met with all the enthusiasm his work inspired in me, in hopes of getting him more attention. He heard of what I was doing and surprised me by coming to the London studio where I was recording... He would sit in a corner of the studio and stay there for hours, without saying a word, as if it was enough for him to know I liked his songs. Nick’s excessive introversion bordered on autism.'

Air hostess clique

The LFW Desert Island Discs Thread on 20:40 - Nov 30 with 1751 viewsBlackCrowe

The LFW Desert Island Discs Thread on 18:52 - Nov 17 by hopphoops

Stunning.

Bliss isn't it Hopps. Crowes cover comes pretty damn close though.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

The LFW Desert Island Discs Thread on 22:13 - Nov 30 with 1739 viewscolinallcars

This is a nice little song.....
The LFW Desert Island Discs Thread on 21:55 - Dec 2 with 1677 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

No.7

Poll: Expectations for this season?

The LFW Desert Island Discs Thread on 23:23 - Dec 4 with 1605 viewsmarkrtid

The LFW Desert Island Discs Thread on 23:44 - Dec 4 with 1598 viewsBrianMcCarthy

My No.7.
The first sixty seconds (played with real bass and real sound quality) is possibly the finest sixty seconds of music I have heard.

The LFW Desert Island Discs Thread on 23:57 - Dec 4 with 1580 viewsmarkrtid

The LFW Desert Island Discs Thread on 00:14 - Dec 5 with 1569 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

The LFW Desert Island Discs Thread on 23:23 - Dec 4 by markrtid

The funny thing with all the Nick Drake adulation, mine included. Is that if he was starting out today, we'd all ignore him all over again.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2018 0:26]

Poll: Expectations for this season?

The LFW Desert Island Discs Thread on 00:36 - Dec 5 with 1544 viewsmarkrtid

The LFW Desert Island Discs Thread on 00:14 - Dec 5 by CliveWilsonSaid

The funny thing with all the Nick Drake adulation, mine included. Is that if he was starting out today, we'd all ignore him all over again.
[Post edited 5 Dec 2018 0:26]

Sadly today he would be a Tom Odell or that bloke with the long hair and that hat.
The kids today but what you gonna do?
The LFW Desert Island Discs Thread on 23:19 - Dec 5 with 1462 viewsTacticalR

One for the OP? Might as well get to the island in style.

Belle and Sebastian launch indie music cruise
https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2018/dec/05/belle-and-sebastian-indie-music-c

Air hostess clique

The LFW Desert Island Discs Thread on 00:21 - Dec 6 with 1445 viewsBrianMcCarthy

The LFW Desert Island Discs Thread on 23:19 - Dec 5 by TacticalR

One for the OP? Might as well get to the island in style.

Belle and Sebastian launch indie music cruise
https://www.theguardian.com/travel/2018/dec/05/belle-and-sebastian-indie-music-c

Cruises sound like hell on earth (water) to me, but that one might be tolerable.

The LFW Desert Island Discs Thread on 07:59 - Dec 6 with 1427 viewsTacticalR

The LFW Desert Island Discs Thread on 00:21 - Dec 6 by BrianMcCarthy

Cruises sound like hell on earth (water) to me, but that one might be tolerable.

Agree with you about cruises.

Air hostess clique

The LFW Desert Island Discs Thread on 08:15 - Dec 6 with 1422 viewsBrianMcCarthy

No.8.
Tough call, and Hendrix, Floyd and Marvin all miss out, but I've loved this since I was 15 and besides I had to have something from the Stax label.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024