Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The LFW Desert Island Discs Thread 12:46 - Nov 17 with 28117 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Post any one of your eight Desert Island Discs. Only one per post for arrowing purposes. Eight posts not just allowed, but encouraged.

I haven't decided on my full eight yet, but this is definitely one of them.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

The LFW Desert Island Discs Thread on 21:57 - Nov 18 with 1711 viewshopphoops

No. 4 - kicking back under the coconut tree with Roland Alphonso.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

The LFW Desert Island Discs Thread on 23:09 - Nov 18 with 1675 viewsPunteR

Right then.. Number 8 already!. I've sort of backed myself into a corner. I tried to avoid anything Housey or ravey as im always posting that stuff hence my first few tracks and now i only have one track left! (I think i got carried away with the Bad Company track..lol)
Anyway.. if im being honest this track would have to come with me. Ive heard it 1000's of times over the last 25 years but i never tire of hearing it. Its a progressive House classic that has everything i want in a tune. Serious baseline and beats and euphoric pianos.
Gat Decor - Passion

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

The LFW Desert Island Discs Thread on 07:24 - Nov 19 with 1631 viewsheadhoops

number 3

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

The LFW Desert Island Discs Thread on 07:25 - Nov 19 with 1631 viewsheadhoops

number 4

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

The LFW Desert Island Discs Thread on 09:27 - Nov 19 with 1601 viewsngbqpr

Number one has to be something truly uplifting to help me adjust to my new found island circumstances. This never fails...if you've never heard this before, I truly envy you for the next 3 and a bit minutes....

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

The LFW Desert Island Discs Thread on 09:32 - Nov 19 with 1596 viewsMick_S

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

The LFW Desert Island Discs Thread on 09:45 - Nov 19 with 1588 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Could listen to this over and over again and not get bored. Which is just as well being on an island an'all.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

The LFW Desert Island Discs Thread on 09:56 - Nov 19 with 1576 viewslondonscottish

The LFW Desert Island Discs Thread on 08:30 - Nov 18 by westberksr

10 minutes of loveliness

Amazing song.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Login to get fewer ads

The LFW Desert Island Discs Thread on 10:12 - Nov 19 with 1558 viewsMetallica_Hoop

The LFW Desert Island Discs Thread on 10:17 - Nov 19 with 1554 viewsMetallica_Hoop

One of those that lodges in your head.

The LFW Desert Island Discs Thread on 10:19 - Nov 19 with 1553 viewsWrightUp5hit___

OK No 6

Tortured, sociopathic, genius time

The LFW Desert Island Discs Thread on 10:34 - Nov 19 with 1543 viewsWrightUp5hit___

No 7

The LFW Desert Island Discs Thread on 10:37 - Nov 19 with 1536 viewsWrightUp5hit___

and No 8

The LFW Desert Island Discs Thread on 11:36 - Nov 19 with 1517 viewscolinallcars

One from the wonderful Linda Lewis
The LFW Desert Island Discs Thread on 11:51 - Nov 19 with 1504 viewslondonscottish

The LFW Desert Island Discs Thread on 15:36 - Nov 18 by SonofNorfolt

More Steely Dan, but better.

Love that too. On any given day my top three Steely Dan tracks would be Kid Charlemaine, Do It Again or My Old School.

The LFW Desert Island Discs Thread on 11:53 - Nov 19 with 1502 viewslondonscottish

The LFW Desert Island Discs Thread on 16:05 - Nov 18 by HantsR

OK don't think I've seen this yet but it was my first choice as a guest on a 'Desert Island Disc' programme local radio station on an island in the central Pacific. Great to hear a friend driving past my house playing it at top volume when it was broadcast.

Frick. Forgot that one......

The LFW Desert Island Discs Thread on 12:45 - Nov 19 with 1469 viewsFDC

Tough one. Comes down to sentiment and the times and people that you associate difference pieces of music with I reckon. This reminds me a lot of my wild and carefree twenties, which would be nice to reminisce about whilst stuck on a desert island. Chorus at 1.50 bangs.

[Post edited 19 Nov 2018 12:47]
The LFW Desert Island Discs Thread on 13:04 - Nov 19 with 1453 viewsR_from_afar

Very hard to choose for all the amazing stuff out there but here's my opening shot:

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

The LFW Desert Island Discs Thread on 13:52 - Nov 19 with 1425 viewsTHEBUSH

The LFW Desert Island Discs Thread on 14:08 - Nov 19 with 1416 viewsSonofNorfolt

The LFW Desert Island Discs Thread on 11:53 - Nov 19 by londonscottish

Frick. Forgot that one......

Sometimes I prefer this........

The LFW Desert Island Discs Thread on 14:19 - Nov 19 with 1401 viewsSonofNorfolt

A bit of fun

The LFW Desert Island Discs Thread on 14:26 - Nov 19 with 1396 viewsSonofNorfolt

Guilty pleasure

The LFW Desert Island Discs Thread on 14:35 - Nov 19 with 1386 viewsSonofNorfolt

Great song

The LFW Desert Island Discs Thread on 14:45 - Nov 19 with 1376 viewsMick_S

Number deux.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

The LFW Desert Island Discs Thread on 14:52 - Nov 19 with 1368 viewslondonscottish

The LFW Desert Island Discs Thread on 14:08 - Nov 19 by SonofNorfolt

Sometimes I prefer this........

OK top 5 then. I reckon I could have done an entire Desert Island Discs of Steely Dan stuff.

I was on a long haul flight in Feb and had finally treated myself to a set of fancy headphones. I downloaded a very long Spotify Steely Dan playlist and got totally immersed. Heard loads of little touches I'd never heard before.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024