Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
What the ferk was he doing so far up 09:45 - Nov 25 with 2475 viewsenfieldargh

The words you can clearly see SM mouth after Angel first goal.

So who is right and who is wrong.

Had Angel not pushed up to make the extra body in the box then we may not have scored. So does Steve not want players to use their initiative.I understand that at 0-0 away you want to keep things tight but surely you want to score goals.

Second half same combo again with Angel making a surging run to score.

Not knocking SM as he has certainly won me over but from SMxs reaction at our first goal I don’t think this was something he had worked on with the players.

More please Qpr, this is why I love the hoops

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

What the ferk was he doing so far up on 09:59 - Nov 25 with 2413 viewsLblock

Saw that and thought the same!!

Had a touch of Graham Taylor in his England days.
I do however think that was a bit of sarcastic humour from Schteeve though.

When Angel gets the first he runs over to the left and level with him is Bidwell, so I would say clear coaching for full backs to push on in certain situations.

Two more wins next 6 days and my God.... amazing stuff

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

What the ferk was he doing so far up on 10:06 - Nov 25 with 2381 viewsBlackCrowe

What the ferk was he doing so far up on 09:59 - Nov 25 by Lblock

Saw that and thought the same!!

Had a touch of Graham Taylor in his England days.
I do however think that was a bit of sarcastic humour from Schteeve though.

When Angel gets the first he runs over to the left and level with him is Bidwell, so I would say clear coaching for full backs to push on in certain situations.

Two more wins next 6 days and my God.... amazing stuff

Well that's killed it LBlock. 1 point beckons now from the next two and it's all your fault.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

What the ferk was he doing so far up on 10:33 - Nov 25 with 2281 viewsjohncharles

Perhaps Steve has a sense of humour ?

Strong and stable my arse.

What the ferk was he doing so far up on 10:46 - Nov 25 with 2242 viewssmegma

What the ferk was he doing so far up on 10:33 - Nov 25 by johncharles

Perhaps Steve has a sense of humour ?

And some fans don't. You can see he says it in jest. . Doesn't mean he doesn't want any defenders pushing up. The way some fans scrutinise every piece of minutiae must drive people in football mad.
What the ferk was he doing so far up on 10:47 - Nov 25 with 2237 viewsTacticalR

The stream I was watching kept cutting out for long periods so this is speculative...

but didn't this create also a problem with McClean being unmarked? McClean had a hand in both of the goals and also hit the post.

Air hostess clique

What the ferk was he doing so far up on 11:00 - Nov 25 with 2203 viewsenfieldargh

What the ferk was he doing so far up on 10:46 - Nov 25 by smegma

And some fans don't. You can see he says it in jest. . Doesn't mean he doesn't want any defenders pushing up. The way some fans scrutinise every piece of minutiae must drive people in football mad.

yes I suppose it is scrutiny to the Nth degree and dont mean to be picky.

Yes probably bonding affectionate comradery

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

What the ferk was he doing so far up on 11:16 - Nov 25 with 2148 viewsted_hendrix

QPR manager Steve McClaren:
"Angel Rangel has been nothing short of a revelation. And not just on the field, what a great lad off it.
"But I've got to say I don't know why he was in the box and heading the ball in because we told him to stay on the halfway line.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

What the ferk was he doing so far up on 11:30 - Nov 25 with 2102 viewsTacticalR

Angel Rangel - he does what he wants.

Air hostess clique

Login to get fewer ads

What the ferk was he doing so far up on 11:42 - Nov 25 with 2052 viewsderbyhoop

Steve clearly wondered what Rangel was doing there for the first goal. But he didn't seem to mind too much.

Interesting that McClaren said we controlled large parts of the game, but Rowett said they were unlucky and deserved to win. Better not to believe anything managers say, post match.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

What the ferk was he doing so far up on 11:49 - Nov 25 with 2030 viewssmegma

What the ferk was he doing so far up on 11:42 - Nov 25 by derbyhoop

Steve clearly wondered what Rangel was doing there for the first goal. But he didn't seem to mind too much.

Interesting that McClaren said we controlled large parts of the game, but Rowett said they were unlucky and deserved to win. Better not to believe anything managers say, post match.

Frank Lampard and Dean Smith being prime examples of your 'better not to believe what managers say' .

On the other hand Sheffield United manager Chris Wilder was like a breath of fresh air yesterday saying Rotherham played his team off the pitch
What the ferk was he doing so far up on 12:56 - Nov 25 with 1873 viewstimcocking

Haven't watched it, but i'm almost certain without looking, he wasn't actually being serious. A former manager of England would realise it isn't impossible for a fullback to make an attack or score. There is keeping tight and there's taking the p!ss.

I think it's a fairly insulting aspersion actually. Almost suggesting the team scored despite their manager, who forbade our forbidding full backs from attacking. He wouldn't be in the job if that was the case. Or shouldn't be.
What the ferk was he doing so far up on 20:12 - Nov 25 with 1556 viewsrsonist

What the ferk was he doing so far up on 11:16 - Nov 25 by ted_hendrix

"Angel Rangel has been nothing short of a revelation. And not just on the field, what a great lad off it.
"But I've got to say I don't know why he was in the box and heading the ball in because we told him to stay on the halfway line.

Have to respect the stubborn perfectionism (and honesty) of it. Redknapp and Hughes would be out taking all the retrospective credit straight away having given the lads no instructions whatsoever.

He's not wrong as such either. If the cross gets cut out or the keeper saves and releases quickly we're in trouble. Not exactly the away gameplan he had in mind vs dangerous opposition.

I'm sure he is generally well aware of the benefits of expansive full back play too but that's not the strategy that's got us up the table and you have to be really very good with all sorts of pace and correct positioning to handle the turnover in possession when it comes. Even Liverpool have reigned it in this season.

Besides it's not like he really ought to be regularly legislating for a 36 year old right back to steam all afternoon and tuck away emphatic finishes that our strikers would be proud of. Who'd be a manager eh?
What the ferk was he doing so far up on 02:06 - Nov 26 with 1382 viewstimcocking

What the ferk was he doing so far up on 11:16 - Nov 25 by ted_hendrix

Angel Rangel "we knew before the game that Berahino was playing on the wing and doesn't like to track his full back so we planned for me to make runs into the box..."

I still think that quote from Stevie Mac was kind of tongue in cheek.
What the ferk was he doing so far up on 21:06 - Nov 26 with 1125 viewsqueensparker

What the ferk was he doing so far up on 02:06 - Nov 26 by timcocking

Angel Rangel "we knew before the game that Berahino was playing on the wing and doesn't like to track his full back so we planned for me to make runs into the box..."

I still think that quote from Stevie Mac was kind of tongue in cheek.

I imagine Steve told him the Berahino thing and he thought “right, game f–king on, I’m 36, I’m getting right up there at every single opportunity” like every Sunday League right back in history.

Fair play it worked!
What the ferk was he doing so far up on 22:18 - Nov 26 with 1059 viewsGloryHunter

What the ferk was he doing so far up on 11:30 - Nov 25 by TacticalR

Angel Rangel - he does what he wants.

Angel Rangel - he plays his own game. This is what we used to sing about Ryan Nelson.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024