Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Inability to retain possession 02:18 - Dec 2 with 1161 viewstimcocking

Irrespective of what the alleged possession stats might be, we're so bloody awful at keeping the ball.

Now, i'm only watching on the feed, so you can't see much, but every game i see multiple occasions where Luongo in particular gets the ball and i swear there will be a good, incisive, dangerous pass to feet somewhere up the middle which is the best option. His first reaction is always to hesitate, he's to slow to see it or too scared to try it, by which point the chance has gone and yet again, it just gets pushed out wide. Driving me up the fcuking wall. I'm beginning to wonder if him and Cameron are lacking a little in creativity.

I wonder if he's trying to protect his effing pass completion stats and being too negative?

If i was MOTD analyst here, i'm telling you i could pull up several glaring occasions so far in every game.
Inability to retain possession on 09:04 - Dec 2 with 1071 viewsRuislipHoop

Was Luongo playing ??
Inability to retain possession on 10:07 - Dec 2 with 1035 viewstimcocking

I'd be interested to know how we'd do with Freeman playing in Luongo's position and Bright on the left.
Inability to retain possession on 17:20 - Dec 2 with 907 viewsfrancisbowles

I thought Luongo was our best player today.
Inability to retain possession on 17:29 - Dec 2 with 895 viewsstevec

Luongo is that rare midfielder who hates space, give him any and he dithers for an eternity.
Inability to retain possession on 17:32 - Dec 2 with 892 viewsenfieldargh

Inability to retain possession on 17:20 - Dec 2 by francisbowles

I thought Luongo was our best player today.

yes thought so too but understand what OP says hence why he is playing for us in Chumpionship

If he could see those passes and make them time and time gin he'd be in the prem(sitting on a bench)

He's not the only one though, Pav sometimes looks like he's actually forgotten how to play football.

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Inability to retain possession on 17:51 - Dec 2 with 885 viewsfrancisbowles

Inability to retain possession on 17:32 - Dec 2 by enfieldargh

yes thought so too but understand what OP says hence why he is playing for us in Chumpionship

If he could see those passes and make them time and time gin he'd be in the prem(sitting on a bench)

He's not the only one though, Pav sometimes looks like he's actually forgotten how to play football.

Yes I agree with you Enfield. Pav's a real enigma. Finished his goal really well, one or two good crosses but poor overall. He seems to need those around him to be playing well before he can show his best. I know that is true to a certain extent for most players but for him it seems even more relevant.

As for Luongo yes he drives forward, passes around midfield and tackles/challenges well but is hesitant with the incisive passes.
Inability to retain possession on 18:34 - Dec 2 with 867 viewsbosh67

Luongo always prefers to get forward but for me always seems much more comfortable as a deep line play breaker. We certainly miss a Faurlin type player in the middle. For me that could be Manning if we get him back. I like Luongo but he has struggled since the world cup and I think to be honest that is more to do with him getting his head right more than anything else.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Inability to retain possession on 03:22 - Dec 3 with 768 viewstimcocking

Inability to retain possession on 17:32 - Dec 2 by enfieldargh

Thanks Enfield. Not knocking Luongo, he's a tidy player and i like him. Just...he misses a lot i think (i'm still digesting your post about the Mascarpone by the way).

Re Pav, i wonder if he is incompatible with the likes of Eze and Freeman?

I played for years with foreigners, there are differences in how different nationalities play sometimes. The French tended to play more like basketball. Give one player the ball see what he can do. Eventually, if nothing happens, pass it along.

I could never play effectively with those players. They didn't give the ball where and when you wanted it and never made the runs i wanted them to make. They'd usually be more comfortable dwelling on the ball, because they didn't generally tackle. In England, as plenty of you will realise, if you dwell on the ball you're getting booted straight up in the air, so you get rid of it quickly, hence our pass and move high tempo style. I was much more suited to passing and moving in an English style, probably more like Pavel. I bet i could gel easily with the likes of Bidwell, Furlong, Pav maybe not so much with Eze and Freeman (not that they're French, but perhaps more that style of player). Not all players are on the same wavelength and can play with each other. Can't really tell this from watching, you need to be on the pitch.

Maybe Bright try for Pawel.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2018 4:52]
Login to get fewer ads

Inability to retain possession on 07:54 - Dec 3 with 725 viewsRs_Holy

Inability to retain possession on 09:04 - Dec 2 by RuislipHoop

Was Luongo playing ??

I thought he looked tired and slow... very reluctant to run with the ball. Having said that I thought Eze had a very quiet game.
[Post edited 3 Dec 2018 8:34]
Inability to retain possession on 10:00 - Dec 3 with 656 viewsrobith

Our main issue in maintaining possession was that our passing was sloppy, laboured and telegraphed.

Luongo didn't have a great game, but due to the tactical approach he was basically the only person in the middle of the pitch for 30 minutes
Inability to retain possession on 10:22 - Dec 3 with 642 viewsdaveB

We look a good side when we are playing on the break as we did against Villa and Sheff Wed, hard to break down and we have goals in us going forward. Games like Saturday are always tricky for us as we will have more of the ball and that can leave us wide open to counter attacks when the wide players don't track back. Pawel has been very good at getting back in recent weeks but looked shattered on Saturday and offered very little protection.

The next 3 games are tough on paper but probably suit how we play.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024