Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
That last minute free kick 09:56 - Dec 2 with 1786 viewsdavman

Really poor from Freeman to have a pop there. Bright has peeled off to the right wing, was screaming for it and was the right option with Smith, Hemed, Lynch and Leistner in the middle. Once in a blue moon direct free kicks go in at our level and he didn't even make the target.

Pass it wide, fling it in when they have 4 or 5 in the wall must be an advantage.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

That last minute free kick on 10:13 - Dec 2 with 1725 viewstimcocking

I'll have to have another look, don't remember.

My Mum seems about as likely to score direct from a free kick as any of this team, though.

Ps Yes, i do think i could do better myself.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2018 10:14]
That last minute free kick on 11:18 - Dec 2 with 1629 viewsenfieldargh

Agree with OP, however Bright could have had his cross charged down so either way

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

That last minute free kick on 12:09 - Dec 2 with 1548 viewsPinnerPaul

I honestly can't remember the last time we scored direct from a free kick - anyone know/want to have a guess?
That last minute free kick on 12:14 - Dec 2 with 1547 viewsstowmarketrange

That last minute free kick on 12:09 - Dec 2 by PinnerPaul

I honestly can't remember the last time we scored direct from a free kick - anyone know/want to have a guess?

Didn’t cherry score one in front of the loft a couple of years ago?
That last minute free kick on 14:26 - Dec 2 with 1424 viewsqprd

Freeman didn’t miss by too much from my angle in South Africa road

Bear in mind it’s not that easy for a left footer like freeman to make that pass across his body without totally telegraphing it to the hull defenders

If we wanted to have the bright pass as a viable option, we’d also need a right footer over the ball to play the quick ball out wide
That last minute free kick on 18:47 - Dec 2 with 1201 viewsdaveB

He even told Bright to go out wide so was bizarre that he didn't use him
That last minute free kick on 18:50 - Dec 2 with 1196 viewsDannyPaddox

That last minute free kick on 12:09 - Dec 2 by PinnerPaul

Was the Ngbakato screamer at Birmingham last season a free-kick or from open play?
That last minute free kick on 18:58 - Dec 2 with 1179 viewsqprd

That last minute free kick on 18:50 - Dec 2 by DannyPaddox

Was the Ngbakato screamer at Birmingham last season a free-kick or from open play?

Free kick. I think it was actually 2 seasons ago
Login to get fewer ads

That last minute free kick on 18:58 - Dec 2 with 1179 viewsCamberleyR

That last minute free kick on 18:50 - Dec 2 by DannyPaddox

Season before last and yes a direct FK

0:46 in the video

Poll: Which is the worst QPR team?

That last minute free kick on 19:32 - Dec 2 with 1122 viewssmegma

That last minute free kick on 14:26 - Dec 2 by qprd

Freeman didn’t miss by too much from my angle in South Africa road

Bear in mind it’s not that easy for a left footer like freeman to make that pass across his body without totally telegraphing it to the hull defenders

If we wanted to have the bright pass as a viable option, we’d also need a right footer over the ball to play the quick ball out wide

Doesn't matter if it 'didn't miss by too much' or ends up on a Kerry Dixon trajectory. The word 'miss' is the important piece of information.
That last minute free kick on 21:07 - Dec 2 with 1035 viewsqprd

That last minute free kick on 19:32 - Dec 2 by smegma

Doesn't matter if it 'didn't miss by too much' or ends up on a Kerry Dixon trajectory. The word 'miss' is the important piece of information.

even if freeman went wide to BOS, its still a very low percentage we'd score. the better question is not whether freeman made/missed, but rather what gave us the best chance to score

if joe lumley came up and took a direct kick with his wrong foot and scored, we'd all be happy, but we'd agree it was probably not the best use of the free kick

the fact that freeman was close indicates it actually was a pretty good probability chance. you can argue that passing it out wide to BOS gave us a better chance to score, but you saying freeman missed doesnt prove that it wasnt the best use of the chance

if ronaldo missed a penalty, would you say that the manager was wrong to let him take over it someone else? always easy to view things through the lens of hindsight
That last minute free kick on 21:56 - Dec 2 with 971 viewsdavman

That last minute free kick on 21:07 - Dec 2 by qprd

even if freeman went wide to BOS, its still a very low percentage we'd score. the better question is not whether freeman made/missed, but rather what gave us the best chance to score

if joe lumley came up and took a direct kick with his wrong foot and scored, we'd all be happy, but we'd agree it was probably not the best use of the free kick

the fact that freeman was close indicates it actually was a pretty good probability chance. you can argue that passing it out wide to BOS gave us a better chance to score, but you saying freeman missed doesnt prove that it wasnt the best use of the chance

if ronaldo missed a penalty, would you say that the manager was wrong to let him take over it someone else? always easy to view things through the lens of hindsight

Maybe, but as I said, they had 4 players in the wall. We had Hamed, Lynch, Smith and Leistner in the mixer. There was no-one anywhere near Bright, so he would have got the cross off.

Yes, Freeman was close, but was never going to score that.

It frustrated me even if it didn't frustrate you. Fair 'nuff.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

That last minute free kick on 22:25 - Dec 2 with 943 viewsdaveB

We'll never know but I thought we had a better chance of scoring by putting a cross in to the big men than having a shot which was at least a foot wide of the post
That last minute free kick on 22:46 - Dec 2 with 913 viewsTacticalR

Agree with davman, smegma and daveB. It's a question of percentages, plus it feels like an age since we scored from a free-kick.

Unfortunately Freeman does have a tendency to want to do everything himself.

Air hostess clique

That last minute free kick on 23:09 - Dec 2 with 885 viewsstowmarketrange

That last minute free kick on 22:25 - Dec 2 by daveB

We'll never know but I thought we had a better chance of scoring by putting a cross in to the big men than having a shot which was at least a foot wide of the post

I was right behind the goal and it certainly wasn’t a foot wide of the post.Maybe 6 inches or so but it would’ve needed to be a foot the other way to actually go in rather than just hit the post.
It also lead to a few choice words being exchanged between us fans and Marshall.
He wasn’t a happy bunny even though his team were winning and the game was virtually up.It almost reminded me of Ted and a certain spurs player in about the same area.
That last minute free kick on 23:12 - Dec 2 with 878 viewsCroydonCaptJack

That last minute free kick on 18:58 - Dec 2 by qprd

Free kick. I think it was actually 2 seasons ago

We were talking about this yesterday. I think that was the last one.
That last minute free kick on 09:56 - Dec 3 with 686 viewssmegma

Ronaldo rarely misses a penalty. We rarely get a free kick on target never mind scoring.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024