Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Baseball @ Olympic Stadium Next June 10:44 - Dec 3 with 2881 viewsthame_hoops

Anyone else trying for tickets for the Evil Empire vs Bahhsstaan

I'm in a queue on ticketmaster, its taking ages. Top price tickets £385 lol cheapest £30
Baseball @ Olympic Stadium Next June on 10:47 - Dec 3 with 2874 viewshopphoops

If any of the other 28 teams were involved, I would be. Let us know how you get on though, straightaway centre field's where to be I reckon.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Baseball @ Olympic Stadium Next June on 11:00 - Dec 3 with 2855 viewsthame_hoops

I've paid $12 for tickets in the bleachers at yankee stadium and even cheaper at Camden yards, granted the games didn't have the demand this one but still, prices are ridiculous
[Post edited 3 Dec 2018 11:04]
Baseball @ Olympic Stadium Next June on 11:09 - Dec 3 with 2829 viewsToast_R

Is it not just sissy boys rounders?
Baseball @ Olympic Stadium Next June on 11:41 - Dec 3 with 2795 viewstoboboly

Gave up.

Shambles from the start, pre-sale codes not being sent out, then all the tickets being sold in 10 minutes but Stub Hub chock to the rafters with resales?

Seen 13 of the teams in their home parks in the states so far. I think I will continue that rather than selling a kidney to see two teams I don't care about (Mets fan here).

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Baseball @ Olympic Stadium Next June on 12:08 - Dec 3 with 2763 viewsthame_hoops

Baseball @ Olympic Stadium Next June on 11:41 - Dec 3 by toboboly

Gave up.

Shambles from the start, pre-sale codes not being sent out, then all the tickets being sold in 10 minutes but Stub Hub chock to the rafters with resales?

Seen 13 of the teams in their home parks in the states so far. I think I will continue that rather than selling a kidney to see two teams I don't care about (Mets fan here).

Same. had two browsers open and my mate did the same. I got the presale code ok but couldn't get the £60 or even £80 tickets, when I selected 'best available' quelle surprise' I was offered £280 tickets with £30 fees each lol

I will see what the secondary market is doing leading up to the event, works for NFL games at Wembley but I think demand is such these games will be 'must attend'

A shame for the hardcore fans who missed out too.
Baseball @ Olympic Stadium Next June on 14:29 - Dec 3 with 2686 viewsrobith

I'd like to go as a guy I play cricket with is a big baseball fan, but those ticket prices are a disgrace
Baseball @ Olympic Stadium Next June on 17:02 - Dec 3 with 2607 viewsEsox_Lucius

The Red Sox UK Facebook page is about ready to explode and many have just given up, A resale quote of £5,995 for a £30 seat should be a criminal offence, I don't care what "package" it is. I am just not going to even bother now, it would be cheaper to fly over and watch a game at Fenway.
[Post edited 19 Jun 2019 16:11]

The grass is always greener.

Baseball @ Olympic Stadium Next June on 18:03 - Dec 3 with 2565 viewswillis1980

I was disappointed the yanks were chosen but I guess we will on ever see East coast teams play here due to distance and Jetlag etc. As per usual something that was supposed to enjoyable to people is ruined by money grabbing t0ssers, buying up the tickets and selling them on for a fortune. My girlfriend was recently suckered into buying an album with a poster only because it came with code for pre sale concert tickets. I spent the morning trying to buy the tickets for her, they were sold out within 30 seconds and I didn’t get one. I was on the phone to ticketmaster at the same time and once I got through I’d noticed the tickets has already appeared on resale owned by ticketmaster for 5 times the face value. How they get away with it I don’t know. When Wimbledon’s on you see the yours selling the tickets next to coppers who don’t do a thing
Login to get fewer ads

Baseball @ Olympic Stadium Next June on 13:41 - Jun 19 with 2039 viewsthame_hoops

Got my tickets last week as ticketmaster released more £60 ones. also on stubhub they aren't going for too much over cost, anyone else going? Im going on the Saturday

stadium looks good;

https://www.sportindustry.biz/news/london-stadium-transforms-baseball-park
Baseball @ Olympic Stadium Next June on 23:31 - Jun 29 with 1740 viewsthame_hoops

A great day but what a horrible stadium that is. Anyone else been to West Ham?
Baseball @ Olympic Stadium Next June on 06:06 - Jun 30 with 1646 viewsPlanetHonneywood

A few years ago when the PL was contemplating the 39th game being played overseas, there was uproar. Complaints about taking away a potentially significant game from true fans for the benefit of rent-a-fans, and the cost and inconvenience for loyal fans having to fly abroad. These were some of the many issues raised.

Accordingly, I could well understand why real die hards back in Boston and NYC may feel miffed about losing the biggest game in baseball to London. As I would if say, Rfosi had been required to fly to Tokyo for that promotion game at Watford in 2011.

Thoughts?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Baseball @ Olympic Stadium Next June on 08:03 - Jun 30 with 1596 viewstoboboly

Baseball @ Olympic Stadium Next June on 06:06 - Jun 30 by PlanetHonneywood

A few years ago when the PL was contemplating the 39th game being played overseas, there was uproar. Complaints about taking away a potentially significant game from true fans for the benefit of rent-a-fans, and the cost and inconvenience for loyal fans having to fly abroad. These were some of the many issues raised.

Accordingly, I could well understand why real die hards back in Boston and NYC may feel miffed about losing the biggest game in baseball to London. As I would if say, Rfosi had been required to fly to Tokyo for that promotion game at Watford in 2011.

Thoughts?

It is a slightly different mentality for American sports fans. They are far more used to teams moving around the country and other teams have been playing games in Australia, Japan and Mexico already.

There are also 162 games each team has to play in the regular season of baseball, missing two isn’t that noticeable no matter who you play.

I try and tick off a team a year and I have only ever seen a few sell outs, games during the week aren’t always after work.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

Baseball @ Olympic Stadium Next June on 09:24 - Jun 30 with 1518 viewsBklynRanger

WTF happened to the pitching though? That much foul territory and they still gave up a mountain of runs.
Baseball @ Olympic Stadium Next June on 09:26 - Jun 30 with 1516 viewssmegma

Baseball @ Olympic Stadium Next June on 14:29 - Dec 3 by robith

I'd like to go as a guy I play cricket with is a big baseball fan, but those ticket prices are a disgrace

Go to the merchandise shop. A single baseball = £40 !!!!

And no I havnt been, it's a nonsense sport. My mate went to the shop on Friday and 'acquired ' a load of merchandise. So he robbed some robbers I guess??
Baseball @ Olympic Stadium Next June on 09:37 - Jun 30 with 1507 viewssmegma

Baseball @ Olympic Stadium Next June on 23:31 - Jun 29 by thame_hoops

A great day but what a horrible stadium that is. Anyone else been to West Ham?

Yep, totally agree.
Baseball @ Olympic Stadium Next June on 09:54 - Jun 30 with 1494 viewsDannyPaddox

Always keep your eye on the bat.
Baseball @ Olympic Stadium Next June on 10:13 - Jun 30 with 1478 viewsPinnerPaul

Baseball @ Olympic Stadium Next June on 09:37 - Jun 30 by smegma

Yep, totally agree.

Went to athletics there. View and facilities good but although allowed to walk through shopping centre on the way there, as tis was an evening event, you couldn't on the way back, long walk followed by a crush on the tube.
Baseball @ Olympic Stadium Next June on 10:30 - Jun 30 with 1468 viewsthame_hoops

Baseball @ Olympic Stadium Next June on 10:13 - Jun 30 by PinnerPaul

Went to athletics there. View and facilities good but although allowed to walk through shopping centre on the way there, as tis was an evening event, you couldn't on the way back, long walk followed by a crush on the tube.

The floodlights obstruct your view if your sat in rows towards the back as they hang down, also means you’re staring at the lights opposite you. The whole place feels cheap, walking around the concourse and looking up at the stands and you see all the underside of it..
Baseball @ Olympic Stadium Next June on 10:44 - Jun 30 with 1454 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Baseball @ Olympic Stadium Next June on 08:03 - Jun 30 by toboboly

It is a slightly different mentality for American sports fans. They are far more used to teams moving around the country and other teams have been playing games in Australia, Japan and Mexico already.

There are also 162 games each team has to play in the regular season of baseball, missing two isn’t that noticeable no matter who you play.

I try and tick off a team a year and I have only ever seen a few sell outs, games during the week aren’t always after work.

Valid point regarding Yanks being more ’sports fans’ and less tribalistic; save in a few exceptions of course.

Even so, Red Sox v, Yankees is a major game, and I’m sure many fans were rightly naffed off. But looking at the trend set by US sports, and as we know, the PL would sell their grannies if there’s profit in it; how long before the 39th game comes around again?

If I’m not mistaken, La Liga tried this and merely riled the fans. Once that starts, then while it might not filter down to our current level, but if we ever got promoted back to the PL, I suspect worrying about date/time changes will include wondering if there’ll be a continental change to factor in?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk Nous sommes L’occitane Rs!
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Baseball @ Olympic Stadium Next June on 10:50 - Jun 30 with 1446 viewsthame_hoops

Baseball @ Olympic Stadium Next June on 10:44 - Jun 30 by PlanetHonneywood

Valid point regarding Yanks being more ’sports fans’ and less tribalistic; save in a few exceptions of course.

Even so, Red Sox v, Yankees is a major game, and I’m sure many fans were rightly naffed off. But looking at the trend set by US sports, and as we know, the PL would sell their grannies if there’s profit in it; how long before the 39th game comes around again?

If I’m not mistaken, La Liga tried this and merely riled the fans. Once that starts, then while it might not filter down to our current level, but if we ever got promoted back to the PL, I suspect worrying about date/time changes will include wondering if there’ll be a continental change to factor in?

They are in the same division so they play each other around 24 times a season so missing 2 out of 12 home games isn’t a biggy but I guess some fans would be disappointed back in Boston. That said, there were loads who made the trip over, what an experience. It only really matters when playoffs start anyway
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024