Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Tories Are Bonkers! 08:51 - Dec 12 with 41503 viewsBostonR

Have been in the US since the summer and arrived back this week and going to the game on Sat.

I have watched the carnage in the US political system, but that was evened-out in the mid-term elections. Watching the madness this morning, it looks like a Tory coup by the ERG and other right-wing nut-cases.

I am no Tory, but May has to see them off before they throw this country under the bus!
The Tories Are Bonkers! on 23:48 - Dec 13 with 1931 viewskensalriser

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 21:42 - Dec 13 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Anyone who thinks 17.5M people voted to leave just on a few promises is daft

100% of those I know that voted leave no longer wanted to be governed by the unelected EU, did not want to be part of a federal state. and they all feel the same today.

We've never been governed by the EU, the EU is not unelected and there is no EU federal state.

What else do you have?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 00:18 - Dec 14 with 1912 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 21:42 - Dec 13 by 2Thomas2Bowles

Anyone who thinks 17.5M people voted to leave just on a few promises is daft

100% of those I know that voted leave no longer wanted to be governed by the unelected EU, did not want to be part of a federal state. and they all feel the same today.

Of course you could be talking about one person here ;)

I guess you're right in some ways. I voted leave because I feel Europe needs a new start. I still feel the same way.

Whether I'd vote leave in a second referendum is less likely.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 05:45 - Dec 14 with 1838 viewsloftboy

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 23:48 - Dec 13 by kensalriser

We've never been governed by the EU, the EU is not unelected and there is no EU federal state.

What else do you have?

It’s what their final aim is though.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 06:59 - Dec 14 with 1822 viewsE17hoop

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 05:45 - Dec 14 by loftboy

Whose final aim?

It's always noisiest at the shallow end
Poll: When you go to QPR games, what do you think will happen?

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 08:36 - Dec 14 with 1760 views2Thomas2Bowles

FEDERAL
Law
Government
Currency
ID
Army
Borders
Flag

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 09:38 - Dec 14 with 1693 viewsloftboy

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 06:59 - Dec 14 by E17hoop

Whose final aim?

The majority of our MP’s and the members of the European Parliament and anyone else who can get their noses in the trough.

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 09:53 - Dec 14 with 1676 viewshubble

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 23:48 - Dec 13 by kensalriser

What else do you have?

Firstly, the European commission is not elected. Here's an apposite quote from the Economist that nails the problem with how the EU functions:

"Eurosceptics have a valid case against the EU, but not because its leaders are “unelected bureaucrats”. Rather, its bureaucrats are too insulated from democracy, and its democracy is not functioning well enough without a common demos to make it work."

This is a huge problem that is not going away.

Secondly: the EU is tantamount to a federal state.

From wikipedia on the Federalisation of the European Union.

"Since the 1950s, European integration has seen the development of a supranational system of governance, as its institutions move further from the concept of simple intergovernmentalism and more towards a federalised system. However, with the Maastricht Treaty of 1992, new intergovernmental elements have been introduced alongside the more federal systems, making it more difficult to define the European Union (the EU). The European Union, which operates through a hybrid system of intergovernmentalism and supranationalism, is not officially a federation — though various academic observers regard it as having the characteristics of a federal system."
The Tories Are Bonkers! on 10:09 - Dec 14 with 1644 viewsEsox_Lucius

Isn't European Federalism just another step after uniting all the kingdoms and fiefdoms in the British Isles many years ago? The problem is with the people in charge of it. A bunch of self serving and self important cünts, that is the short version.

The grass is always greener.

Login to get fewer ads

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 10:19 - Dec 14 with 1627 viewsMytch_QPR

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 09:38 - Dec 14 by loftboy

The majority of our MP’s and the members of the European Parliament and anyone else who can get their noses in the trough.

There's a lot of 'them and us' going on here. You'd think that the EU was some shadowy organisation like Spectre in a James Bond film.

At present, we are one of them - we had an equal vote and a place at the top table. I'll say it again: no new laws are agreed unless ratified by all member states. They cannot 'impose' anything on us without our agreement - that's why we have different laws in the UK and we have sterling.

Do you think it's just possible at the back of your mind somewhere that they may actually have good - rather than sinister - intentions?

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 10:38 - Dec 14 with 1599 viewsloftboy

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 10:19 - Dec 14 by Mytch_QPR

There's a lot of 'them and us' going on here. You'd think that the EU was some shadowy organisation like Spectre in a James Bond film.

At present, we are one of them - we had an equal vote and a place at the top table. I'll say it again: no new laws are agreed unless ratified by all member states. They cannot 'impose' anything on us without our agreement - that's why we have different laws in the UK and we have sterling.

Do you think it's just possible at the back of your mind somewhere that they may actually have good - rather than sinister - intentions?

“Do you think it's just possible at the back of your mind somewhere that they may actually have good - rather than sinister - intentions?”

Nope

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 10:46 - Dec 14 with 1579 viewsMytch_QPR

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 10:38 - Dec 14 by loftboy

“Do you think it's just possible at the back of your mind somewhere that they may actually have good - rather than sinister - intentions?”

Nope

Thought so. It's like shouting into an empty room.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 11:14 - Dec 14 with 1543 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Exactly.
Clear for most to see.
The Tories Are Bonkers! on 11:59 - Dec 14 with 1500 viewsQPR_John

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 20:40 - Dec 13 by WatfordR

Strangely, 16 million voted to stay and whilst being pissed off, I haven't seen them causing absolute carnage or anarchy because they didn't get their way.

Very true but the 16 million who voted to stay have no need to cause carnage or anarchy because they are getting their way.
The Tories Are Bonkers! on 12:11 - Dec 14 with 1479 viewstraininvain

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 20:29 - Dec 13 by loftboy

17 million voted to leave, should Brexit get cancelled then the vast majority like myself would be mightily pissed off and protest silently like never voting again and not resorting to violence, but I’m sure that there’s a percentage that voted to leave who will cause absolute carnage should it be reversed, I’d say that the 700000 who turned out for the anti- Brexit march would look like a meet up in a phonebox compared to what will happen.
People are saying this country will become anarchy should we leave without a deal well I think we will see plenty of anarchy should we end up remaining.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/breaking-westminster-bridge-blocked-pro-13

Look at the anarchy unleashed!! All a bit embarrassing.
The Tories Are Bonkers! on 12:22 - Dec 14 with 1466 viewsSharpy36

All a little far removed from the original concept of a trading bloc...

https://www.euronews.com/2018/09/26/treaty-talks-between-eu-switzerland-break-do

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-italy-budget-tria/italy-says-not-changing-budg

https://www.statista.com/statistics/266228/youth-unemployment-rate-in-eu-countri

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 12:30 - Dec 14 with 1441 viewsjonno

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 12:22 - Dec 14 by Sharpy36

https://www.euronews.com/2018/09/26/treaty-talks-between-eu-switzerland-break-do

https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-italy-budget-tria/italy-says-not-changing-budg

https://www.statista.com/statistics/266228/youth-unemployment-rate-in-eu-countri

It's certainly undeniable that the EU is very far removed from the EEC which the UK population voted to join in the 1970s. It's also true that the UK population was never given an opportunity to vote on staying in the organisation when it changed from a trading bloc to the EU.
The Tories Are Bonkers! on 12:33 - Dec 14 with 1433 viewsBasingstokeR

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 12:22 - Dec 14 by Sharpy36

Can you expand on how you feel each of the links you've provided have any relevance to your preceding sentence?

Particularly the Youth Unemployment rates one?
The Tories Are Bonkers! on 12:43 - Dec 14 with 1416 viewsBklynRanger

Big T's going to give another speech now anyway Probably one of her 'don't fcuk with the UK bitches' ones. I love those.
The Tories Are Bonkers! on 12:50 - Dec 14 with 1395 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 13:22 - Dec 14 with 1354 viewsR_from_afar

But the EU is not a single entity. People talk as if it is a huge beast with one heart, one brain, one set of intestines. It isn't. It is composed of representatives from 28 countries.

It does not "control" us. We can opt out of things. It does have an influence on some things, but if it controlled us, we would be buying our QPR branded duvet covers in Euros, not pounds.

On the subject of Brown and the banks, yes, that happened on his watch and he has to take a lot of the blame for that, but:
- The Tories wanted even less regulation for the financial institutions
- He had to bail them out to avoid the very real threat of serious civil unrest and catastrophic system failure
- He was instrumental in coming up with a global fix for the crisis.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 13:27 - Dec 14 with 1338 viewsMytch_QPR

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 13:22 - Dec 14 by R_from_afar

But the EU is not a single entity. People talk as if it is a huge beast with one heart, one brain, one set of intestines. It isn't. It is composed of representatives from 28 countries.

It does not "control" us. We can opt out of things. It does have an influence on some things, but if it controlled us, we would be buying our QPR branded duvet covers in Euros, not pounds.

On the subject of Brown and the banks, yes, that happened on his watch and he has to take a lot of the blame for that, but:
- The Tories wanted even less regulation for the financial institutions
- He had to bail them out to avoid the very real threat of serious civil unrest and catastrophic system failure
- He was instrumental in coming up with a global fix for the crisis.

RFA

I've already tried this to no avail. Apparently it's evil and should be killed - and it's going to cost us 7 Euros each to go over there and kill it.

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 13:46 - Dec 14 with 1309 viewsloftboy

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 13:27 - Dec 14 by Mytch_QPR

I've already tried this to no avail. Apparently it's evil and should be killed - and it's going to cost us 7 Euros each to go over there and kill it.

£7 isn’t too shoddy, half the price the esta cost me to go to New York, a small price to pay to be out of the EU

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 13:47 - Dec 14 with 1307 viewsloftboy

And it’s not even per trip it’s going to be valid for 3 years so only a £1 a trip for me on average.

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 13:50 - Dec 14 with 1305 viewsMytch_QPR

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 13:46 - Dec 14 by loftboy

£7 isn’t too shoddy, half the price the esta cost me to go to New York, a small price to pay to be out of the EU

loftboy, it's the season of goodwill and despite the fact that I'm a grumpy bar steward I'm going to bury the hatchet on this one...

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 13:52 - Dec 14 with 1301 viewsloftboy

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 13:50 - Dec 14 by Mytch_QPR

loftboy, it's the season of goodwill and despite the fact that I'm a grumpy bar steward I'm going to bury the hatchet on this one...

As long as it’s not in my head!! Happy christmas

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024