Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Tories Are Bonkers! 08:51 - Dec 12 with 41505 viewsBostonR

Have been in the US since the summer and arrived back this week and going to the game on Sat.

I have watched the carnage in the US political system, but that was evened-out in the mid-term elections. Watching the madness this morning, it looks like a Tory coup by the ERG and other right-wing nut-cases.

I am no Tory, but May has to see them off before they throw this country under the bus!
The Tories Are Bonkers! on 20:15 - Dec 14 with 2071 views2Thomas2Bowles

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 20:05 - Dec 14 by QPR_John

OK I'll try and explain. Most MPs and the media have from the referendum result stated in no uncertain terms that we cannot function outside of the EU. Massive unemployment, planes not flying, emergency budgets, empty supermarket selves, people dying through lack of medicines you name it and we've been warned about it. Should we remain, and I think now that is the likeliest outcome Brussels knows in any further negotiations they will be dealing with people who will accept anything rather than leave. As I said they will own us. Hope that makes it clear

I think remainers like the idea of being owned

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 20:49 - Dec 14 with 2002 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 20:15 - Dec 14 by 2Thomas2Bowles

It's this kind of snidey comment that doesn't help.
The Tories Are Bonkers! on 20:51 - Dec 14 with 2001 viewstraininvain

I think you’re doing a good job demonstrating why elected politicians should be dealing with issues of this magnitude.
The Tories Are Bonkers! on 22:34 - Dec 14 with 1896 viewsDannyPaddox

Britons will have to pay €7 (£6.30) every three years to travel to EU countries, as a consequence of Brexit.

A fairer system surely would be to have those that voted remain pay nothing whilst those that voted leave pay €21 (£19.20). Correct money only and if you were eligible to vote but didn't you stay put.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-46564884
[Post edited 14 Dec 2018 22:37]
The Tories Are Bonkers! on 22:41 - Dec 14 with 1886 viewsloftboy

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 22:34 - Dec 14 by DannyPaddox

Britons will have to pay €7 (£6.30) every three years to travel to EU countries, as a consequence of Brexit.

A fairer system surely would be to have those that voted remain pay nothing whilst those that voted leave pay €21 (£19.20). Correct money only and if you were eligible to vote but didn't you stay put.

I’d go by those rules as long as it’s reciprocal, IE if we end up remaining all the money that comes out of PAYE that goes towards the EU bill is only paid by remainers
[Post edited 14 Dec 2018 22:42]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 22:45 - Dec 14 with 1878 viewsQPR_John

Interesting idea just how will you identitfy those that voted leave. On a more serious note does this payment refer to travelling to the Irish Republic. I am no lawyer but can the EU unilaterally break an international agreement.
The Tories Are Bonkers! on 23:02 - Dec 14 with 1862 viewsderbyhoop

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 22:13 - Dec 13 by 2Thomas2Bowles

You seem to think there would be that swing of the vote without actually knowing

Like I said I know of no one that has changed their mind, the issue is still the same, being governed by an unelected EU and not wanting to be in a federal state, why would they change their mind on that. they won't.

Binding, on what % of the vote ? the same ?

Every MP voted for the referendum, ever MP voted to respect and uphold the result
90% have so far have broken that in trying to stop us leaving one way or other.

Binding LOL
[Post edited 13 Dec 2018 22:22]

If the EU is unelected what are those votes in May 2019, which will take place in 27 countries, all about?

Maybe you don't know anybody who has changed their view but most opinion polls suggest that Remain would win a referendum with the same question as 2016. But, not by the margin that is overwhelming.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 23:10 - Dec 14 with 1849 viewsloftboy

It says in that report that there will be an increase in people applying for Irish passports, I take it they cost a similar amount to a British passport? So surely it would be cheaper to just pay for a visa every three years.

Login to get fewer ads

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 23:13 - Dec 14 with 1846 viewsloftboy

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 23:02 - Dec 14 by derbyhoop

If the EU is unelected what are those votes in May 2019, which will take place in 27 countries, all about?

Maybe you don't know anybody who has changed their view but most opinion polls suggest that Remain would win a referendum with the same question as 2016. But, not by the margin that is overwhelming.

Most opinion polls have also been wrong the last few various ballots.
On a side note which really rattled me, a headline on sky news the other day says the majority of Britain’s now want to remain, at the bottom of the report they had questioned 1500 people, hardly the whole of Britain.

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 23:13 - Dec 14 with 1843 views2Thomas2Bowles

These the same polls that said the remain vote would win last time

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 23:14 - Dec 14 with 1842 viewsQPR_Jim

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 20:05 - Dec 14 by 2Thomas2Bowles

New figures show the NHS is paying out millions more for EU healthcare than it is getting back from EU countries.

In what one MP described as a "scandalous failure", it has emerged that the UK pays more than £670m to EU countries for Brits' healthcare abroad, while less than £50m from the EU is paid back, even though there are significantly more EU citizens in the UK than UK citizens in the EU.

Under the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) - countries can claim back health costs from other EU countries if their citizens use medical services abroad.

The new figures reveal that nearly every country claims more from the UK than the UK gets back from the rest of the EU.

For example, the UK pays France £147,685,772, but France only pays UK £6,730,292 and the UK pays Germany £25,873,954 but Germany only pays the UK £2,189,664.

Even in countries such as Poland where net migration is massively towards the UK, the discrepancy is four-fold in Poland's favour.

"The figures are astonishing - we are paying them 70 times more than they are paying us.

"We are paying our bills and they are not paying theirs

"There is meant to be a comparable system in place - but it is not being applied in this country and that means we are losing out.

"Every single country is winning against us, be it the super-efficient Swedes or Germans, or countries like Malta or Greece.

"We are paying our bills and they are not paying theirs"

So are we billing them and they're refusing to pay, or are we just not bothering to charge them?

"There is meant to be a comparable system in place - but it is not being applied in this country and that means we are losing out."

So we're not charging them, but that's their fault? Can you give a link to the source of these quotes.

Generally speaking we send the EU pensioners and teenagers on lad/girls holidays getting smashed and riding quad bikes while they send us people of working age to work in our health care system amongst other sectors, so I'm not socked there's a deficit.
The Tories Are Bonkers! on 23:14 - Dec 14 with 1840 viewsSharpy36

Most opinion polls said that`s what was going to happen first time around.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 23:20 - Dec 14 with 1815 viewsQPR_John

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 23:14 - Dec 14 by QPR_Jim

So are we billing them and they're refusing to pay, or are we just not bothering to charge them?

"There is meant to be a comparable system in place - but it is not being applied in this country and that means we are losing out."

So we're not charging them, but that's their fault? Can you give a link to the source of these quotes.

Generally speaking we send the EU pensioners and teenagers on lad/girls holidays getting smashed and riding quad bikes while they send us people of working age to work in our health care system amongst other sectors, so I'm not socked there's a deficit.

"Generally speaking we send the EU pensioners and teenagers on lad/girls holidays getting smashed and riding quad bikes while they send us people of working age to work in our health care system amongst other sectors, so I'm not socked there's a deficit."

I've often wondered what is happening to the health care system in the countries these people come from
The Tories Are Bonkers! on 23:23 - Dec 14 with 1813 viewsloftboy

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 23:14 - Dec 14 by QPR_Jim

Them lagerlout pensioners are a nightmare when they get on a quad bike pissed

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 23:35 - Dec 14 with 1789 views2Thomas2Bowles

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 23:13 - Dec 14 by loftboy

Most opinion polls have also been wrong the last few various ballots.
On a side note which really rattled me, a headline on sky news the other day says the majority of Britain’s now want to remain, at the bottom of the report they had questioned 1500 people, hardly the whole of Britain.

They went around the office and their mates then

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 00:17 - Dec 15 with 1740 viewsR_from_afar

New figures show the NHS is paying out millions more for EU healthcare than it is getting back from EU countries.

In what one MP described as a "scandalous failure", it has emerged that the UK pays more than £670m to EU countries for Brits' healthcare abroad, while less than £50m from the EU is paid back, even though there are significantly more EU citizens in the UK than UK citizens in the EU.

Under the European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) - countries can claim back health costs from other EU countries if their citizens use medical services abroad.

The new figures reveal that nearly every country claims more from the UK than the UK gets back from the rest of the EU.

For example, the UK pays France £147,685,772, but France only pays UK £6,730,292 and the UK pays Germany £25,873,954 but Germany only pays the UK £2,189,664.

Even in countries such as Poland where net migration is massively towards the UK, the discrepancy is four-fold in Poland's favour.

"The figures are astonishing - we are paying them 70 times more than they are paying us.

"There is meant to be a comparable system in place - but it is not being applied in this country and that means we are losing out.

"Every single country is winning against us, be it the super-efficient Swedes or Germans, or countries like Malta or Greece.

I'm not sure - I'm no expert on this tax stuff - but I think this article could be conflating two different things. The EHIC card is for tourists, not residents. If a Pole is resident here and paying UK taxes, they will be entitled to NHS treatment. There will be far more Poles who have migrated to the UK than the other way round.

Comparing payments made as part of a travel health cover scheme with figures for migration is an apple's to pears comparison, I think.

RFA

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 01:14 - Dec 15 with 1705 viewsDannyPaddox

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 22:45 - Dec 14 by QPR_John

Interesting idea just how will you identitfy those that voted leave. On a more serious note does this payment refer to travelling to the Irish Republic. I am no lawyer but can the EU unilaterally break an international agreement.

Identifying whether someone voted remain or leave would be straight-forward enough with an EU variant of the Voight-Kampff test.

An example question would be: You’re in a desert walking along in the sand when all of the sudden you look down, and you see Fiona Bruce, she's crawling toward you. You reach down, you flip Fiona Bruce over on her back. Fiona Bruce lays on her back, her belly baking in the hot sun, beating her legs trying to turn herself over, but she can’t, not without your help. But you’re not helping. Why is that?

Once the test is over, depending on how you answer, you get your hand-stamped.

Reaction time is a factor.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2018 1:16]
The Tories Are Bonkers! on 01:19 - Dec 15 with 1696 viewsjohncharles

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 01:14 - Dec 15 by DannyPaddox

Identifying whether someone voted remain or leave would be straight-forward enough with an EU variant of the Voight-Kampff test.

An example question would be: You’re in a desert walking along in the sand when all of the sudden you look down, and you see Fiona Bruce, she's crawling toward you. You reach down, you flip Fiona Bruce over on her back. Fiona Bruce lays on her back, her belly baking in the hot sun, beating her legs trying to turn herself over, but she can’t, not without your help. But you’re not helping. Why is that?

Once the test is over, depending on how you answer, you get your hand-stamped.

Reaction time is a factor.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2018 1:16]

Works for me and Fiona

Strong and stable my arse.

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 03:45 - Dec 15 with 1671 viewsJigsore

hate to be all arsey but if you're quoting things you should generally post the link. for all I know this has come from Peter Shilton's big brexit bonanza blog

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 03:53 - Dec 15 with 1668 viewsJigsore

this is fair. equally I reckon leavers would like nothing more than to sit in their asbestos-lined hovels by the Kent coastline and throw rudimentary javelins at French fishing boats who sail too close to This Blessed Land lest they cast a shadow upon the icon resembling Jacob Rees-Mogg.

love to conjure insults out of thin air.

“The thing about football - the important thing about football - is that it is not just about football.”

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 06:38 - Dec 15 with 1624 viewsDiscodroids

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 03:53 - Dec 15 by Jigsore

this is fair. equally I reckon leavers would like nothing more than to sit in their asbestos-lined hovels by the Kent coastline and throw rudimentary javelins at French fishing boats who sail too close to This Blessed Land lest they cast a shadow upon the icon resembling Jacob Rees-Mogg.

love to conjure insults out of thin air.

Me Too.

I have it on very good authority that Remainers seek their sexual sport by greasing their risible cherubs with herb de provence seasoned chicken skin, then lay naked but for their verhofstadt eu sanctioned garter on the bed, whistling for their 2 half starved German Shepherds .

Moreover, Remainers reach their sexual nirvana and shuntering orgasms not through the frenzied bestial lapping of their subjugated and cuckolded shrivelled ball sacs, as one would imagine, but through the conduit of anticipation and the sound of their tormented malnourished beasts barking and howling in frustration as they tear along the polished wooden floor of their Islington Townhouse with their claws desperately trying to gain purchase on the gleaming wooden surface as they try to turn the corner to their bedroom.

Event Horizon Cuckoldry.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2018 7:02]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 06:49 - Dec 15 with 1620 viewsDiscodroids

I'm Disgusted at the capitulation and Master and servant credo of this Tory Government in it's negotiations, outfoxed and dominated by sawdust caesars drunk on their own demonic delusions of Grandeur and 2 bottles of Wild Turkey like Juncker. Pathetic.

I hope to live to see May and her Tory Cabinet on E wing segregation in their double denim, slopping out their stink with the sex fiends and four legged beast fu ckers.. Too terrified to collect their dinner of tinned Ye olde Oak Ham and Smash from the hotplate for fear of a boiling water Tate and Lyle sugar shampoo. Treason most foul.

I'd rather vote for the urinal cake in the piss trough of my local battlecruiser than this F troop of spackers. All The backbone of a fortune telling fish that drops from the arse end of budget aldi Christmas Cracker. I'm Politically Homeless. Moribund in the Void.

[Post edited 15 Dec 2018 6:56]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 08:18 - Dec 15 with 1565 viewsjonno

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 03:45 - Dec 15 by Jigsore

hate to be all arsey but if you're quoting things you should generally post the link. for all I know this has come from Peter Shilton's big brexit bonanza blog

I read this a few months ago - it was an answer provided in a response to a question in Parliament so I assume the figures provided are correct. I don't believe it is just related to the EHIC card either. EU citizens who live in the UK are entitled to free healthcare provided by the NHS - the cost of which is supposed to be charged back to the patient's EU country of origin. It rather looks as if that is not happening very often - that is not of course the fault of the EU but poor administration by the NHS. As a UK citizen living in an EU country I can confirm that UK citizens do receive free healthcare here in Cyprus the cost of which the Cypriots charge back to the NHS in the UK. However, and this shows the contempt the British Government has for its own citizens who live abroad, in 2015 the Government changed the rules such that only UK citizens in receipt of a UK state pension would get free healthcare. If, like me, you are not yet old enough to receive a state pension then they would not fund the cost of healthcare which means of course that I have to pay for private healthcare until such time as I receive the state pension. I can also say that, knowing the situation, the Cypriots will milk the system as much as they can - pensioner friends of mine who do get free healthcare were involved in a car accident last year and the Cypriots wanted to keep them in hospital - they got excellent treatment - for much longer than they really needed, I assume because they are charging all that cost back to the UK!
The Tories Are Bonkers! on 10:07 - Dec 15 with 1476 viewsnix

I'd love this! Also, I hope we're not going to have to match the subsidies for the Welsh and Cornish who got the most EU subsidies and still voted Brexit.
The Tories Are Bonkers! on 12:05 - Dec 15 with 1399 viewsTacticalR

The Tories Are Bonkers! on 10:49 - Dec 13 by BostonR

So it's ok for the Tory Party to have a second vote on their leader within a 2yr period but not ok for the country to perhaps have a second vote on Brexit.

Where the hell is JRM bag carrier Steve Baker who was so far up JRM backside it's embarrassing? To top it all you now have the bulk of the ERG group calling out the Chancellor for using the word extremist to describe them - what planet do these people live on?

Brexit has really demonstrated the schizophrenia of the British establishment:

A note on how David Cameron inspired Steve Baker to join the Conservative Party
https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/members/queensparkrangers/forum/226520/page:8/#pos

Like JRM Baker is an ardent Christian. It seems that their vision of a parasitic dog-eat-dog society in the real world has to be sugared by a Christian fantasy world of peace and harmony.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2018 12:10]

Air hostess clique

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024