Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Post- Match thoughts 18:01 - Dec 15 with 4689 viewsRANGERS4EVER

Freeman- When he has one of his days, he is on another level. What a fantastic player. Wells is something we've been missing for so long, pace, energy and an eye for goal. Luongo great, Wszolek as energetic as ever. Was a good performance against an anti-football team.

Felt for Cousins. Was having a good game up until he was forced to go to RB because Lynch wants a holiday. Can't catch a break. Eze was man marked but still produced moments of quality. Lovely to see Furlong back

If that is a promotion contender then we might actually have a chance. Boro were truly woeful, Pulis being typical Pulis. All in all a nice way to warm up a miserable weather day
[Post edited 15 Dec 2018 18:01]

Poll: Who would you most like to see at QPR?

Post- Match thoughts on 18:03 - Dec 15 with 4674 viewsgobbles

Leistner was fantastic
Post- Match thoughts on 18:10 - Dec 15 with 4570 viewsWatford_Ranger

Thought they were all excellent. I’m not a Cousins fan but he did two tough jobs well. To lose Lynch when we did and not only survive the unashamed aerial bombardment but grow back into the game and play good football culminating in that brilliant winner took real guts.

Fair play to the Boro fans travelling down to watch those tactics when money is tightest. I’d be disgusted with Pulis for that performance but I guess they knew what they were getting. I expected the long ball stuff. I maybe was naive not to expect 90 minutes of playing for free kicks and whingeing.

Agree Freeman MOTM for me too but Leistner/Furlong/Wells/Luongo all contenders.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2018 18:12]
Post- Match thoughts on 18:12 - Dec 15 with 4554 viewsBlackCrowe

Agree with all of those contenders for MOM. Deserved victory. Boro were woeful. Conditions biblical.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Post- Match thoughts on 18:25 - Dec 15 with 4468 viewsBlackCrowe

Post- Match thoughts on 18:12 - Dec 15 by BlackCrowe

Agree with all of those contenders for MOM. Deserved victory. Boro were woeful. Conditions biblical.

I take that back, we didn't deserve to win. According to Pulis it was the ref's fault.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p06vpxdv

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Post- Match thoughts on 18:28 - Dec 15 with 4427 viewsPinnerPaul

Fantastic performance I thought - 17 shots! against the meanest defence in the league.

As above all good but top 2 Furs and Wells, with big shout outs to Pav & the BFG.

Thought before the game it was a bit odd having no defenders on the bench but Cousins did a superb job - in fact he was a bit better there in the 2nd half than he was in the first I thought.

The trip to Wembley is back on!

Post- Match thoughts on 18:55 - Dec 15 with 4257 viewsdaveB

Post- Match thoughts on 18:25 - Dec 15 by BlackCrowe

I take that back, we didn't deserve to win. According to Pulis it was the ref's fault.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/play/p06vpxdv

christ i've heard some shit in my time but that is a new level
Post- Match thoughts on 18:58 - Dec 15 with 4238 viewsflynnbo

Bitter bastard. No one else has poor decisions, do they?
Post- Match thoughts on 19:08 - Dec 15 with 4175 viewsjonno

Post- Match thoughts on 18:55 - Dec 15 by daveB

christ i've heard some shit in my time but that is a new level

Exactly. Maybe if his team actually had more than one shot on goal in the whole game and didn't spend the whole game lumping it forward at the earliest opportunity they might have done a bit better. Blaming the ref is just trying to shift the blame from his own teams poor performance and his own shockingly poor approach to playing football.
Login to get fewer ads

Post- Match thoughts on 19:20 - Dec 15 with 4084 viewsnix

Post- Match thoughts on 19:08 - Dec 15 by jonno

Exactly. Maybe if his team actually had more than one shot on goal in the whole game and didn't spend the whole game lumping it forward at the earliest opportunity they might have done a bit better. Blaming the ref is just trying to shift the blame from his own teams poor performance and his own shockingly poor approach to playing football.

They were a shocking advertisement for football: negative, whingey, sneaky. They continually tried to win dodgy free kicks; complained to the referee constantly and committed loads of nigly fouls that the referee didn't spot: nudging us when we went up for headers, pulling us back etc.

How Pulis can claim to be hard done by defies belief. At one point one of our defenders was being held back from getting back on the pitch to defend as he was being held down. No foul given or booking. Pay taken out late when attacking, no booking.

They lost because they were dreadful. Trying to win by being big and dirty and heading a lot. We could have scored a couple more and it would have been a fair result. Very satisfying win.
Post- Match thoughts on 19:29 - Dec 15 with 4014 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Mind games innit.

Will put doubt in the mind of whoever refs them next.

That’s the only explanation I can think of, other than LSD in the Lucozade.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2018 19:30]
Post- Match thoughts on 19:32 - Dec 15 with 3971 viewsWatford_Ranger

Pulis sacked.

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Post- Match thoughts on 19:35 - Dec 15 with 3937 viewsWatford_Ranger

Post- Match thoughts on 19:32 - Dec 15 by Watford_Ranger

Pulis sacked.

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oops fake news.
Post- Match thoughts on 19:37 - Dec 15 with 3925 viewsStanisgod

Post- Match thoughts on 19:29 - Dec 15 by BazzaInTheLoft

Mind games innit.

Will put doubt in the mind of whoever refs them next.

That’s the only explanation I can think of, other than LSD in the Lucozade.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2018 19:30]

And we didn't lose last week by a non penalty did we, you were sh#t, get over it or try playing football once in a while.

It's being so happy that keeps me going.

Post- Match thoughts on 19:48 - Dec 15 with 3853 viewscharmr

Personally I like Pullis butnot not his football.

He beautifully summed it up himself knowingly or not as he lambasted the ref for poor decisions and in the next sentence said his team didn’t have a shot the entire first half.

See and here this a lot and they never get challenged by the interviewer or back in the studio.

I referee and take mischievous pleasure informing coaches there not getting beat by me as the ref but due to the fact they can’t stop or put the ball in that big white rectangular thing with a net on it called a goal.
Post- Match thoughts on 20:08 - Dec 15 with 3729 viewsLongsufferingR

The one thing I do agree with him on is Wszolek getting away without a booking when he rugby tackled their player on a breakaway late on.
Post- Match thoughts on 20:24 - Dec 15 with 3614 viewsQPR_John

Post- Match thoughts on 20:08 - Dec 15 by LongsufferingR

The one thing I do agree with him on is Wszolek getting away without a booking when he rugby tackled their player on a breakaway late on.

But what about when Eze was pulled back a deliberate foul. Referee gave a foul but no card, he then calls the M'bro player over who walks away showing contempt. When he eventually turns back to the ref he applauds him. One deliberate foul and two instances of contempt but all he gets from the ref is a cosy afternoon chat
Post- Match thoughts on 20:41 - Dec 15 with 3485 viewsfrancisbowles

Credit the ref, tried to keep the game flowing and cards in pocket. He did a good job, ignored them 'getting in his ear' and only booked when he had no alternative.

Several players would have got yellows and one or two second yellows from a lot other refs.

On a different point, weren't they supposed to give the ball back after Lumley kicked it out when Furlong, I think, was down?
Post- Match thoughts on 20:54 - Dec 15 with 3419 viewsLongsufferingR

Post- Match thoughts on 20:24 - Dec 15 by QPR_John

But what about when Eze was pulled back a deliberate foul. Referee gave a foul but no card, he then calls the M'bro player over who walks away showing contempt. When he eventually turns back to the ref he applauds him. One deliberate foul and two instances of contempt but all he gets from the ref is a cosy afternoon chat

Agree. Dissent started early and continued for a long time before a card was shown.
Post- Match thoughts on 20:59 - Dec 15 with 3378 viewsWatford_Ranger

Post- Match thoughts on 20:41 - Dec 15 by francisbowles

Credit the ref, tried to keep the game flowing and cards in pocket. He did a good job, ignored them 'getting in his ear' and only booked when he had no alternative.

Several players would have got yellows and one or two second yellows from a lot other refs.

On a different point, weren't they supposed to give the ball back after Lumley kicked it out when Furlong, I think, was down?

Yep pretty sure Pulis and Flint were calling for the long throw into the box and a couple of others wanted to give it back and they compromised with a throw back to their defence and punt up the pitch.

I don’t honestly have a problem with that if you suspect genuine timewasting. Given Wells went straight off it was a bit crass.
Post- Match thoughts on 20:59 - Dec 15 with 3377 viewsVancouverHoop

Post- Match thoughts on 20:41 - Dec 15 by francisbowles

Yes, that's the sporting thing to do. But they didn't. That's why there was a loads of booing afterwards.
Post- Match thoughts on 23:08 - Dec 15 with 2964 viewsBostonR

Post- Match thoughts on 19:20 - Dec 15 by nix

They were a shocking advertisement for football: negative, whingey, sneaky. They continually tried to win dodgy free kicks; complained to the referee constantly and committed loads of nigly fouls that the referee didn't spot: nudging us when we went up for headers, pulling us back etc.

How Pulis can claim to be hard done by defies belief. At one point one of our defenders was being held back from getting back on the pitch to defend as he was being held down. No foul given or booking. Pay taken out late when attacking, no booking.

They lost because they were dreadful. Trying to win by being big and dirty and heading a lot. We could have scored a couple more and it would have been a fair result. Very satisfying win.

Hats off to MaClaren - we played football. Just shows - if you move big lads around you will beat them. Should have been 4-1
Post- Match thoughts on 12:53 - Dec 16 with 2317 viewsTearsofrage

One negative - and it is management's fault! Why did we take so long to get anyone on the pitch when it was clear that Lynch was struggling. Conceding a goal, as we did, with ten men on the pitch is Mclaren's blunder. Not having a further defender stripped and ready to get out and defend a set-piece could have cost us disastrously against an awful Boro side. The immediate aftermath of the goal saw our most vulnerable time in the game. Great spirit to come back from that but this really was a daft error.
Post- Match thoughts on 12:59 - Dec 16 with 2293 viewsEsox_Lucius

Mulling things over since yesterday and seeing some of the comments (and ratings) that Eze received from the game I am of the opinion that both Freeman and Luongo had good games because Eze was identified as a threat by 'boro and whenever the ball went to him he immediately had 2-3 'boro players snapping at his heels. This, of course, frees up other midfield players and may go some way towards explaining why our central players all had very good games. If yesterday was Ebere having a bad game then I look forward to him having many more of them.

The grass is always greener.

Post- Match thoughts on 16:36 - Dec 16 with 2144 viewsenfieldargh

Post- Match thoughts on 12:59 - Dec 16 by Esox_Lucius

Mulling things over since yesterday and seeing some of the comments (and ratings) that Eze received from the game I am of the opinion that both Freeman and Luongo had good games because Eze was identified as a threat by 'boro and whenever the ball went to him he immediately had 2-3 'boro players snapping at his heels. This, of course, frees up other midfield players and may go some way towards explaining why our central players all had very good games. If yesterday was Ebere having a bad game then I look forward to him having many more of them.

i thought eze was superb.

he is maturing and developing his game at a rapid pace

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024