Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Timewasting and sh1thousery 20:48 - Dec 15 with 6871 viewsNW5Hoop

I'm absolutely sick of it. We started wasting time immediately after the first goal today — after five minutes. There was one point where we won a free kick in our own half. Eze dribbled on into the Boro box and left the ball there. Wells retrieved it and kicked it five yards to someone else, who kicked it another five yards back. Before one of the Boro players finally kicked it all the way back.

In the second half, right in front of me, we won a throw. Bidwell decided he was unable to catch the ball lobbed gently to him by the Boro bench, and instead let it bounce of his chest. First he clutched his chest, as if he'd been punched, then when the ball was gently tapped back to him, he let it roll past him. When the linesman suggested he get on with it, he whined — he actually whined, I could hear it — "But he kicked it past me!" Six inches to your left, mate.

I don't care that everyone else does it, too. It's pathetic. It ruins the game. Referees have got to start clamping down on it properly. Just start throwing cards at them, and they'll grow out of it.
[Post edited 15 Dec 2018 20:52]
Timewasting and sh1thousery on 15:54 - Dec 16 with 1504 viewsTHEBUSH

Fight fire with fire, that's what I say, other teams do it to us, so why not.

Of course we'd all prefer, fast attractive football. but......... we have to be realistic, a wins, a wins, a win.
Timewasting and sh1thousery on 16:26 - Dec 16 with 1468 viewsPinnerPaul

Timewasting and sh1thousery on 21:47 - Dec 15 by danehoop

Because in doing so we hadn't sufficiently transgressed the rules of the game sufficiently to be censured. In the approach we took,we kept the game at the speed we wanted and disrupted 'Boro's momentum.

We won today with what was potentially a weakened side. We generally played really well, had 17 shots on goal and thoroughly deserved to win against what on paper was an experienced tough and physical team.

Rather than complain about a perceived negative, especially when the officials didn't feel it merited significant attention , perhaps enjoy a rare moment of success after a couple of weeks of disappointment.

Spot on.

Fans can't have it both ways.

'Didn't notice the ref, must have had a good game' people say.

You would soon *******y notice him if he started handing out cards for every piece of dissent, every time play is 'delayed', every time a GK takes more than 6 seconds to release the ball, every time a throw isn't taken from exactly where it goes out - referee to the letter of the law and the game would be ruined.
Timewasting and sh1thousery on 16:31 - Dec 16 with 1460 viewsPinnerPaul

Timewasting and sh1thousery on 10:30 - Dec 16 by francisbowles

My impression today was the referee wasn't going to allow excessive time wasting, so the players, by and large, respected that and didn't do much more than 'take their time'.

I thought there was a lot less than I have seen in other games.

I am pleased that we have lost a bit of naivety and aren't consistently conceding late goals as we used to do.

Indeed - he added 2 mins to first half - no injuries, so added a bit for the goal celebs and our timewasting.

2 1/2 mins for subs in the 2nd half plus 1 1/2 for the Lynch injury, the goals and a bit of timewasting.

He then also correctly added another minute for the 'injury'/sub of Wells in added time.
Timewasting and sh1thousery on 13:04 - Dec 17 with 1354 viewsTheChef

Hate the game, not the playa.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Timewasting and sh1thousery on 14:12 - Dec 17 with 1317 viewsRblockPrior

I have to be honest and disagree with you mate, I know it is not pretty to watch but managing a game is something we have missed in recent years, we have been mix it with the rest of them. Buying ourselves that bit of time is vital and allows to reset and slow the game down to our benefit. Sometimes you need to do the dirty things well, under warnock we did the same.

I do hate it when other teams do it to us but it is part of the game and while we are ahead may it long continue.

Poll: Of the 3 linked away, who do you think will still be a QPR player come February?

Timewasting and sh1thousery on 14:14 - Dec 17 with 1310 viewsJuzzie

I wasn't at the game but I'm not sure we'd be 'time wasting' after scoring 4 mins in.

"You're at you most vulnerable after scoring" is an adage we hear a lot of so maybe it's just a case of slowing things down , breaking up the rhythm etc. for 5 mins or so enabling yourselves to keep composed and not lose focus then get going again.
Timewasting and sh1thousery on 15:20 - Dec 17 with 1260 viewsFDC

Timewasting and sh1thousery on 16:26 - Dec 16 by PinnerPaul

Spot on.

You would soon *******y notice him if he started handing out cards for every piece of dissent, every time play is 'delayed', every time a GK takes more than 6 seconds to release the ball, every time a throw isn't taken from exactly where it goes out - referee to the letter of the law and the game would be ruined.

This is a fair point well made.

I did get distracted though, by trying to work out what "*******y" was. Too many letters for "bloody". What other swear words ending in "y" would make sense I wonder?
Timewasting and sh1thousery on 17:16 - Dec 17 with 1207 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Timewasting and sh1thousery on 15:20 - Dec 17 by FDC

I did get distracted though, by trying to work out what "*******y" was. Too many letters for "bloody". What other swear words ending in "y" would make sense I wonder?

"What other swear words ending in "y" would make sense I wonder?"

"*******y"
[Post edited 17 Dec 2018 17:17]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Login to get fewer ads

Timewasting and sh1thousery on 19:26 - Dec 17 with 1142 viewsLongsufferingR

Timewasting and sh1thousery on 15:20 - Dec 17 by FDC

Chelseay?
Timewasting and sh1thousery on 22:20 - Dec 17 with 1069 viewsFDC

Timewasting and sh1thousery on 17:16 - Dec 17 by BrianMcCarthy

"What other swear words ending in "y" would make sense I wonder?"

"*******y"
[Post edited 17 Dec 2018 17:17]

You foul mouthed ruffian
Timewasting and sh1thousery on 22:22 - Dec 17 with 1056 viewsFDC

"Tw@ttery" would fit, but "would tw@ttery notice" doesn't work.
Timewasting and sh1thousery on 14:04 - Dec 18 with 935 viewsPinnerPaul

**** me if I had known the ******** police were about I would have been a bit more *****careful with my ***** profanities

Merry ***** Christmas and a *****happy new year you bunch of *********

Timewasting and sh1thousery on 19:58 - Dec 18 with 857 viewsGroveR

It's also entirely possible Bidders was genuinely trying to control the ball in both cases.
Timewasting and sh1thousery on 23:00 - Dec 18 with 805 viewsNW5Hoop

Timewasting and sh1thousery on 16:26 - Dec 16 by PinnerPaul

Spot on.

I don't want it both ways. I want extreme timewasting and sh1thousery out of the game. We saw at the World Cup that players get the message quick enough when something is being clamped down on. That's not refereeing to the letter of the law, it's stopping players taking the p!ss, which is what they're doing at the moment.
Timewasting and sh1thousery on 03:22 - Dec 19 with 764 viewsstainrods_elbow

Timewasting and sh1thousery on 21:47 - Dec 15 by danehoop

Because in doing so we hadn't sufficiently transgressed the rules of the game sufficiently to be censured. In the approach we took,we kept the game at the speed we wanted and disrupted 'Boro's momentum.

We won today with what was potentially a weakened side. We generally played really well, had 17 shots on goal and thoroughly deserved to win against what on paper was an experienced tough and physical team.

Rather than complain about a perceived negative, especially when the officials didn't feel it merited significant attention , perhaps enjoy a rare moment of success after a couple of weeks of disappointment.

'Kept the game at the speed we wanted' - have a word with yourself! You make it sound like some kind of wondrous technical skill purveyed by elite sportsmen, when it's pathetic gamesmanship. I'd be quite happy to see one or two of our players, or anyone's, pick up cards for such cynicism, and if I'd be sitting anywhere near Bidwell, I'd have given him a mouthful myself.

Poll: What will be our upcoming/final points tally? (8 games to go)

Timewasting and sh1thousery on 05:48 - Dec 19 with 747 viewsdanehoop

Timewasting and sh1thousery on 03:22 - Dec 19 by stainrods_elbow

'Kept the game at the speed we wanted' - have a word with yourself! You make it sound like some kind of wondrous technical skill purveyed by elite sportsmen, when it's pathetic gamesmanship. I'd be quite happy to see one or two of our players, or anyone's, pick up cards for such cynicism, and if I'd be sitting anywhere near Bidwell, I'd have given him a mouthful myself.

Sorry if my original post offended you somehow, but I simply disagree that we were as bad as has been implied in the original post. There didn’t appear to be anything hugely excessive and the officials didn’t see anything overly excessive. We seem to have learned how to be slightly less naive perhaps? But this is no different to the types of spoiling that Derry and Hill in particular gave us once and something we have lacked for a while. In some respects it is a skill in slowing things down or using the time available in a more advantageous manner.

Do I like it when done to excess? Of course not, but my point is that this wasn’t in my opinion the case in this match and the officials agreed.

Never knowingly understood

Timewasting and sh1thousery on 09:18 - Dec 19 with 715 viewsPinnerPaul

Timewasting and sh1thousery on 05:48 - Dec 19 by danehoop

Sorry if my original post offended you somehow, but I simply disagree that we were as bad as has been implied in the original post. There didn’t appear to be anything hugely excessive and the officials didn’t see anything overly excessive. We seem to have learned how to be slightly less naive perhaps? But this is no different to the types of spoiling that Derry and Hill in particular gave us once and something we have lacked for a while. In some respects it is a skill in slowing things down or using the time available in a more advantageous manner.

Do I like it when done to excess? Of course not, but my point is that this wasn’t in my opinion the case in this match and the officials agreed.

Yep - totally agree.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024