Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR puncture the Pulisball in welcome return to form - Report 20:41 - Dec 16 with 2238 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/49200
QPR puncture the Pulisball in welcome return to form - Report on 10:57 - Dec 17 with 1438 viewsqprd

spot on...

kudos to furlong and cousins for managing two positions after length layoffs. pav, leistner and freeman were fantastic. wells is absolutely different class- not just the goals and chances he creates, but also his back to the goal hold up game, which is incredible for a player of his size

on the injuries/lack of depth on the bench, I don't think McLaren did himself any favors with his squad selection. a bench of smith, smyth, oteh, scowen, chair, bright and ingram- one defensive minded player, no defenders. granted we have a lot of injuries, but I don't understand why McLaren didn't put kakay on the bench. as much as I rate chair, did anyone think a 5'2 munchkin had any part to be played against boro? would like to see more balance on the bench against forest
QPR puncture the Pulisball in welcome return to form - Report on 11:38 - Dec 17 with 1401 viewsfrancisbowles

Great report Clive and a very good performance and enjoyable win.

Now that the euphoria has worn off a bit, two things to ponder.

1. 'Boro played into our 'hands' by knocking long balls which were 'meat and drink' for BFG and partners. Will we cope anyway near as comfortably with footballing teams.

2 Missed chances. We continue to create and fail to convert them in large numbers. Even the two we scored were in off the keeper and in the centre of the goal respectively. We have to start converting a higher percentage if we want to finish top half and not slide down the table.
QPR puncture the Pulisball in welcome return to form - Report on 11:39 - Dec 17 with 1397 viewstoboboly

I thought Smyth and Osayi-Samuel should have been brought in at the 75 minute mark to tear Boro a new one. Criminal how underused they both are.

I hear that Smyth maybe on his way permanently come January?

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

QPR puncture the Pulisball in welcome return to form - Report on 12:46 - Dec 17 with 1342 viewsNorthernr

QPR puncture the Pulisball in welcome return to form - Report on 11:39 - Dec 17 by toboboly

I thought Smyth and Osayi-Samuel should have been brought in at the 75 minute mark to tear Boro a new one. Criminal how underused they both are.

Peterborough on loan is what I’ve heard. Fry watched him in the U23s at Ipswich last week.
QPR puncture the Pulisball in welcome return to form - Report on 12:48 - Dec 17 with 1336 viewstoboboly

QPR puncture the Pulisball in welcome return to form - Report on 12:46 - Dec 17 by Northernr

Peterborough on loan is what I’ve heard. Fry watched him in the U23s at Ipswich last week.

That is better than getting rid, but the way the injuries are panning out we will need everyone over a busy few months. Would like to see game time spread about with more subs used.

Sexy Asian dwarves wanted.

QPR puncture the Pulisball in welcome return to form - Report on 16:13 - Dec 17 with 1131 viewsqprd

QPR puncture the Pulisball in welcome return to form - Report on 11:39 - Dec 17 by toboboly

Mclaren is kind of hamstrung with subs when we're winning. if we're ahead, he cant take off any of the defenders. he cant take off any of the central midfielders, as they are so good defensively. He cant take off Pavel because of his work rate. He can take off Wells, but hes arguably our best or second best player and good on the counter/holding it up.

Eze, in particular, is a tricky one to sub off.

his defensive work rate is not good and hes not poor in the end of match 50-50 challenges. you can see he tires at the ends of games. but on the flip side, he's probably the best player on the squad in terms of first touch/bringing down and controlling the ball and definitely the best at retaining possession/drawing fouls- all skills you want at the end of a match

personally, id trade that off at times for BOS or Smyth's defensive work rate, fresh legs and counterattacking presence
QPR puncture the Pulisball in welcome return to form - Report on 18:32 - Dec 17 with 1004 viewsDavieQPR

I'd like to see BOS as well coming on late as the opposition would need to put two defenders on him.
QPR puncture the Pulisball in welcome return to form - Report on 23:00 - Dec 17 with 817 viewsCiderwithRsie

Leistner seemed to be limping too, but finished the game on one leg, with Hugill in his back pocket.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024