Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
sports personality of the year 20:59 - Dec 16 with 2595 viewsBlackCrowe

Can't work out if it's BBC being incredibly politically correct or trying to drum up viewership for the only sports they can still broadcast.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

sports personality of the year on 21:08 - Dec 16 with 2137 viewsted_hendrix

Not watching it but for what its worth I hope Tai Woffinden wins it, he wont though.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

sports personality of the year on 21:15 - Dec 16 with 2116 viewsWatford_Ranger

Does it really mean anything these days? Just the BBC trying to promote what little sport content they still have. I’m sure all the candidates have done some great things but your average sports fan wouldn’t have a clue who some of them are. That can’t be right. Meanwhile, no Fury or Ronnie O’S.
sports personality of the year on 21:24 - Dec 16 with 2072 viewsstowmarketrange

Geraint Thomas won it,which it a bit of a kick in the balls for Chris froome who has won more big races than him but never won spoty.
sports personality of the year on 21:25 - Dec 16 with 2066 viewsPunteR

sports personality of the year on 21:15 - Dec 16 by Watford_Ranger

Does it really mean anything these days? Just the BBC trying to promote what little sport content they still have. I’m sure all the candidates have done some great things but your average sports fan wouldn’t have a clue who some of them are. That can’t be right. Meanwhile, no Fury or Ronnie O’S.

Yeh Ronnie for me. Genius player

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

sports personality of the year on 00:32 - Dec 17 with 1814 viewsDavieQPR

sports personality of the year on 21:24 - Dec 16 by stowmarketrange

Geraint Thomas won it,which it a bit of a kick in the balls for Chris froome who has won more big races than him but never won spoty.

They couldn't find a woman to give it too so the next best PC thing to do was give it to a Welshman.
sports personality of the year on 00:40 - Dec 17 with 1808 viewsbob566

sports personality of the year on 21:24 - Dec 16 by stowmarketrange

Im sure froome wont lose any sleep over it. That courier delivery wont have helped froome
sports personality of the year on 00:56 - Dec 17 with 1791 viewsSharpy36

sports personality of the year on 21:08 - Dec 16 by ted_hendrix

Not watching it but for what its worth I hope Tai Woffinden wins it, he wont though.

Indeed Ted. Doubt the bbc even know what speedway is.

'You didn't know that was wrong, but now you do. If you do it again, I'll know you are doing it on purpose.'

sports personality of the year on 01:26 - Dec 17 with 1761 viewssmegma

How the f*ck Dina Asher-Smith wasn't in the top 3 Is baffling. Harry Kane won nothing this year or any other year, comes in top 3. Lewis Hamilton drives the fastest car, wins world championship again ??? Finishes in top 3. Some cyclist gets voted SPOTY due to being in THE best cycling team in a sport where all team mates literally HAVE TO let him win???

Asher-Smith should have won it.
[Post edited 17 Dec 2018 5:09]
Login to get fewer ads

sports personality of the year on 05:40 - Dec 17 with 1710 viewsdolcelatte

sports personality of the year on 00:40 - Dec 17 by bob566

Im sure froome wont lose any sleep over it. That courier delivery wont have helped froome

That was Wiggins not Froome.

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

sports personality of the year on 05:52 - Dec 17 with 1706 viewsdolcelatte

sports personality of the year on 01:26 - Dec 17 by smegma

How the f*ck Dina Asher-Smith wasn't in the top 3 Is baffling. Harry Kane won nothing this year or any other year, comes in top 3. Lewis Hamilton drives the fastest car, wins world championship again ??? Finishes in top 3. Some cyclist gets voted SPOTY due to being in THE best cycling team in a sport where all team mates literally HAVE TO let him win???

You clearly never watched the Tour De France then. Thomas won by it by virtue of 2 stunning solo breakaways to win stages. He may have had help to get to the point of being able to break away but he still had to put in the effort to do it. He was not expected to win the TDF, he was there as Froomes no 2.

Asher Smith won gold at Euroean and Commonwealth champs, not Worlds or Olympics. Maybe when she does she will have a better chance of winning. Agree she deserves to be ahead of Kane,

Thomas won one of the most gruelling sporting events there is against the best. He deserved it and one of the nicest guys in sport is an added bonus.

Some cyclist? Maybe try cycling up a mountain or two and then realise what they do day in day out over a few weeks in a grand tour...

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

sports personality of the year on 06:40 - Dec 17 with 1666 viewstraininvain

No idea how the England netball team won best moment of the year and team of the year. Bizarre.
sports personality of the year on 07:59 - Dec 17 with 1586 viewsHantsR

sports personality of the year on 05:52 - Dec 17 by dolcelatte

You clearly never watched the Tour De France then. Thomas won by it by virtue of 2 stunning solo breakaways to win stages. He may have had help to get to the point of being able to break away but he still had to put in the effort to do it. He was not expected to win the TDF, he was there as Froomes no 2.

Asher Smith won gold at Euroean and Commonwealth champs, not Worlds or Olympics. Maybe when she does she will have a better chance of winning. Agree she deserves to be ahead of Kane,

Thomas won one of the most gruelling sporting events there is against the best. He deserved it and one of the nicest guys in sport is an added bonus.

Some cyclist? Maybe try cycling up a mountain or two and then realise what they do day in day out over a few weeks in a grand tour...

Agree absolutely with all of this and that's why I took the trouble to cast a vote for GT. SPOTY used to be an unmissable programme for me in my youth but that was in the days when BBC had no problem with showing all the major sports but didnt have blanket coverage, in-depth analysis, action replays etc and SPOTY was one of the few times you were able to re-live the sporting events of the year.
sports personality of the year on 08:00 - Dec 17 with 1585 viewskingsburyR

I was busy watching ELF with my two little'uns.

More realistic then SPOTY.

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

sports personality of the year on 09:09 - Dec 17 with 1507 viewsMonahoop

I didn't and had no intention of watching SPOTY last night as I hate any presentation shows be it sport, film, music etc. But you have to laugh at the BBC these days and how they try to big up minority sports which only have a minority following [ even miniscule in some ] and then try to interest viewers in the participants who we will all forget about within 5 minutes of them being mentioned or spend another 5 minutes working out who they were talking about in the first place.
Who's going to remember in years to come, the likes of giggly Emily Blanket-Wetter who won over every ones hearts in the country [according to the Beeb] by winning the world blindfold hopping backwards uphill contest?

Some might call this PC, probably. It is also called scraping the bottom of the barrel when all is lost to present anything or anyone remotely interesting. People who hop up hills backwards when blindfolded might contest this of course. It's a sport that might catch on in the future [ again according to the Beeb]. Watch this space!!

There aint half been some clever bastards.

sports personality of the year on 09:23 - Dec 17 with 1479 viewsfrancisbowles

I voted for Lizzie Yarnold. She did something that no other Brit has ever done...two Winter Olympic Gold Medals. She is also the most successful skeleton athlete in the world....ever!

Thomas would have been my second choice.
sports personality of the year on 09:27 - Dec 17 with 1470 viewsCroydonCaptJack

sports personality of the year on 08:00 - Dec 17 by kingsburyR

I was busy watching ELF with my two little'uns.

More realistic then SPOTY.

Ditto

Seems like a good decision as well.
sports personality of the year on 10:12 - Dec 17 with 1398 viewsAntti_Heinola

sports personality of the year on 01:26 - Dec 17 by smegma

Harry Kane won a golden boot.

Bare bones.

sports personality of the year on 10:15 - Dec 17 with 1393 viewsdaveB

Highlight had to be the kid winning that award after losing both legs and fighting back to drive in races again and Claire Balding cut him off mid speech as he was about to thank his parents.

I thought Tyson Fury should have won but he wasn't even nominated
sports personality of the year on 10:24 - Dec 17 with 1372 viewstraininvain

sports personality of the year on 10:15 - Dec 17 by daveB

Highlight had to be the kid winning that award after losing both legs and fighting back to drive in races again and Claire Balding cut him off mid speech as he was about to thank his parents.

I thought Tyson Fury should have won but he wasn't even nominated

Probably something to do with comparing homosexuals to pedophiles.
sports personality of the year on 10:39 - Dec 17 with 1335 viewsstevec

BBC even managed to turn 'It's coming home' into a cringe fest, what was that 'rent-a-mob' bunch doing singing at the back? Very spontaneous, I don't think.
sports personality of the year on 10:52 - Dec 17 with 1316 viewsdaveB

sports personality of the year on 10:24 - Dec 17 by traininvain

Probably something to do with comparing homosexuals to pedophiles.

true but supposed to be judged on the last year and his comeback and the way he turned his life around was incredible.
sports personality of the year on 11:28 - Dec 17 with 1255 viewsfrancisbowles

sports personality of the year on 10:52 - Dec 17 by daveB

true but supposed to be judged on the last year and his comeback and the way he turned his life around was incredible.

I suppose it depends on your interpretation of the word 'personality'.
sports personality of the year on 11:32 - Dec 17 with 1251 viewsCroydonCaptJack

sports personality of the year on 10:12 - Dec 17 by Antti_Heinola

Harry Kane won a golden boot.

What have the Romans ever done for us?
sports personality of the year on 13:06 - Dec 17 with 1144 viewsLythamR

sports personality of the year on 10:52 - Dec 17 by daveB

losing a couple of stone and Drawing a boxing match does not make you a worthy winner, especially when by his own admission it was "all down to Jesus"

Thomas won the Tour De France brilliantly against the odds and had previously been instrumental in delivering wins for Froome and without any apparent divine assistance
sports personality of the year on 14:39 - Dec 17 with 1044 viewsdaveB

sports personality of the year on 13:06 - Dec 17 by LythamR

losing a couple of stone and Drawing a boxing match does not make you a worthy winner, especially when by his own admission it was "all down to Jesus"

Thomas won the Tour De France brilliantly against the odds and had previously been instrumental in delivering wins for Froome and without any apparent divine assistance

Come on, he did a bit more than lose a few stone and draw a boxing match. the fella turned his life around.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024