Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Danny Dyer's accent 23:09 - Dec 21 with 15481 viewsGloryHunter

It's not real, is it? I've lived in London all my life, including 20 years in Hackney, when I was working on building sites with local brickies, scaffolders, demolition men etc. I mean, there was a fair bit of rhyming slang used - the normal east-end stuff like pony and monkey and tom, but I never heard anyone use as much rhyming slang as Danny Dyer, or talk with such an exaggerated cockney accent. He's an actor, right? And his accent is an act. Isn't it?
Danny Dyer's accent on 23:46 - Dec 21 with 12803 viewsKonk

I’ve got a bit of family from over his way and they are as dirty, filthy, knees up mother brown, East London as you can get, and I reckon he’s at least one and a half times them. Definitely milks it, but I know a few lads from Beckton and Canning town and they don’t sound a million miles away. Disco’s the man to ask.

Fulham FC: It's the taking part that counts

Danny Dyer's accent on 00:20 - Dec 22 with 12749 viewsted_hendrix

My old man was born within ear shot of the Bow Bells and he never sounded like that talentless big Woman's pee thingy Danny FckingDyer.

As for Danny FckingDyer being an actor? Nah.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Danny Dyer's accent on 01:04 - Dec 22 with 12712 viewsRs_Holy

Danny Dyer's accent on 00:20 - Dec 22 by ted_hendrix

My old man was born within ear shot of the Bow Bells and he never sounded like that talentless big Woman's pee thingy Danny FckingDyer.

You don’t need to be an actor to be in Eastenders.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2018 7:50]
Danny Dyer's accent on 01:12 - Dec 22 with 12704 viewsPunteR

Yeh my london cabbie driving Grandad who also was born within earshot of the bow bells never sounded like some sort of extra from lock stock.
Does one even speak yardie anymore?

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Danny Dyer's accent on 01:16 - Dec 22 with 12694 viewsBoston

Danny Dyer's accent on 01:12 - Dec 22 by PunteR

Yeh my london cabbie driving Grandad who also was born within earshot of the bow bells never sounded like some sort of extra from lock stock.
Does one even speak yardie anymore?

Jamaican Cockney, ok.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Danny Dyer's accent on 01:24 - Dec 22 with 12687 viewsBoston

But....Mr Dyer. To be truthful I’ve known a few like him, none by the way, had any connection with Canning Town. One of ‘em gave me a headache while attempting to enjoy a drink in the Windermere last time I was over, crickey if I hadn’t have been mates with his brother back in the day, I’d have been on my toes as soon as he went to the kharsie.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2018 1:25]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Danny Dyer's accent on 06:36 - Dec 22 with 12544 viewsloftboy

The cockney accent is definitely changing, most of the youth (including indigenous whites) now sound like a Jamaican Yardie innit.
One bloke I work with still has an original accent and pronounces things like pound as pand and town as taan. Being from Berkshire they thing I talk “proper posh”

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Danny Dyer's accent on 06:38 - Dec 22 with 12539 viewsBluce_Ree

The greatest ever Danny Dyer thing is this episode of Danny Dyer's Dangerous Men.

His producers do him no favours at all and make him look like an utter dickhead the entire way through. He alternates between being a joke and a shithouse the whole way through.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Login to get fewer ads

Danny Dyer's accent on 07:22 - Dec 22 with 12491 viewsDannyPaddox

Danny Dyer's Accent? Wassat? A facking Ray Source?
Danny Dyer's accent on 08:10 - Dec 22 with 12414 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I've met him in real life. He sounds like Leslie Phillips.
Danny Dyer's accent on 08:31 - Dec 22 with 12368 viewsPunteR

Danny Dyer's accent on 06:36 - Dec 22 by loftboy

The cockney accent is definitely changing, most of the youth (including indigenous whites) now sound like a Jamaican Yardie innit.
One bloke I work with still has an original accent and pronounces things like pound as pand and town as taan. Being from Berkshire they thing I talk “proper posh”

When i first moved to Bracknell from Richmond just 30 miles up the road i was supprised when i heard the proper berkshire accent. Reading definitely has a strong west country accent. Everyone in Bracknell thinks i sound like danny dyer..lol.
I have got a london accent but not cockney east end one.. you slaaaags..

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Danny Dyer's accent on 08:34 - Dec 22 with 12357 viewsPommyhoop

Danny Dyer's accent on 08:10 - Dec 22 by BazzaInTheLoft

I've met him in real life. He sounds like Leslie Phillips.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Danny Dyer's accent on 08:37 - Dec 22 with 12347 viewscolinallcars

To be a genuine cockney you have to be born within the sight of Bow Street police station.
Danny Dyer's accent on 08:48 - Dec 22 with 12323 viewspaulparker

Dyer is an absolute clown, a proper bellend ,my grandad had the broadest cockney accent going and even I didn’t have a clue what he was saying or talking about until I was in my in early twenties but even he didn’t sound like a prize d1ck like this A grade div does, Dyers acting on EastEnders is toe curling at best, do yourselves a favour people and watch classic EastEnders on Drama, Pete Beale now there was a decent character who got the cockney to a tee

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Danny Dyer's accent on 08:48 - Dec 22 with 12326 viewsPommyhoop

Ditto that with my Grandad Ted. He was a Stepney boy. I think I only heard him swear once, and that was under his breath when John Hollins got in the way of a goalbound beaut from Stan.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Danny Dyer's accent on 09:34 - Dec 22 with 12238 viewsJuzzie

Anyone on here remember the TV show Brushstrokes? The main character was a right cockney but a mate of mine met the actor and he was as posh as you like.

So yeah, Danny comes across as a right fake, over doing it and pretty badly. In wikipedia he’s listed as a voice actor so there you have it.

Same as Jason Statham, he’s from bloody Derbyshire.

When i dropped my boy off at nursery one morning last week, two boys who were mid teens were talking to each other and it was completely faked jamaican.
I bet when they’re at home they talk normally “hello Mrs Patterson”.

[Post edited 22 Dec 2018 9:39]
Danny Dyer's accent on 09:40 - Dec 22 with 12221 viewsQPR_Nippon

Danny Dyer's accent on 09:48 - Dec 22 with 12200 viewsRangersDave

Oh god,

the guys a complete muppet.....preaching this and that, and the last i heard was how distgustin innit how in this day and age people were living on the street.......cue the outside shot of his naff multi bedroom modern mansion with just him and his daughter 'Danni' (what a hoot they must have thought thats was) in it.

Christ on a stick, you could have put 50 homeless under his outside covered entertainment area.

Tasteless, loudmouthed pen1s

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Danny Dyer's accent on 09:52 - Dec 22 with 12193 viewsLblock

Who is Danny Dyer?

Do you really mean Malcolm Smith?

A tvvat of the highest order

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Danny Dyer's accent on 10:43 - Dec 22 with 12092 viewsDorse

I am going to buck the trend here and say that, despite his obvious pantomime sub-Dick van Dyke act, I find him quite funny.

TV execs seem to give him a pass to say rude words and act out some sort of mock-aggro hard man image, simply because it is clear that he couldn't knock the head off a pint of bitter.
[Post edited 22 Dec 2018 10:43]

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Danny Dyer's accent on 11:01 - Dec 22 with 12054 viewsHayesender

My old man's family all hail from Holborn way, and apart from the odd sarf and gawd, they don't/didn't sound like this pleb

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Danny Dyer's accent on 11:24 - Dec 22 with 12020 viewsrunningman75

My granddad was from Poplar and with company he used to put on a more well to do accent. However when he was watching football especially his beloved West Ham his east end accent would come out more especially when there was a thug playing for the opposition. However his accent was not in comparison to Danny Dyer's definitely some over enunciation. A bit like an American using a British accent.
Danny Dyer's accent on 12:20 - Dec 22 with 11930 viewsloftboy

You can throw that mockney cûnt Jamie Oliver into the mix as well, public school educated and talks like Alf garnett.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Danny Dyer's accent on 12:43 - Dec 22 with 11888 viewseastside_r

Danny Dyer's accent on 11:24 - Dec 22 by runningman75

My granddad was from Poplar and with company he used to put on a more well to do accent. However when he was watching football especially his beloved West Ham his east end accent would come out more especially when there was a thug playing for the opposition. However his accent was not in comparison to Danny Dyer's definitely some over enunciation. A bit like an American using a British accent.

I think you have this right RM.

I have definitely heard more extreme Cockney accents than DD’s.

My late mum was a genuine cockney and she described her mum’s side of the family as ‘cor-blimey Cockneys’ and f*ck me weren’t they but also genuine salt-of -the-earth types (natch.)

My 90-year-old dad was born in Forest Gate and has lived east and north-east London all his life (except WW2 evacuation) but you would barely guess it from how he speaks and he was from a very poor and humble working-class background.

To be fair to DD, accents in London do vary subtly by location and I do not really know any old-school types from Canning Town but his accent sounds very much an affectation to me.

DD is a bit like the Limehouse Gollum — I am sure that ‘an actor called Danny Dyer’ exists (existed) but what its nature really is (was) no-one can be sure.
Danny Dyer's accent on 15:48 - Dec 22 with 11629 viewssmegma

Danny Dyer's accent on 09:40 - Dec 22 by QPR_Nippon

Dyer and Piers Morgan is a win double in the tw@tsville stakes.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024