Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Without Luongo 19:26 - Dec 28 with 3237 viewsbosh67

Thoughts...

Does Cousins get that big chance to finally prove himself in central midfield?

Or do we bring Freeman to central midfield alongside Scowens and put BOS left.

For me, for creativity and pace it should be the latter but I get the feeling that McClaren will go for Cousins as a 'like for like' replacement.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Without Luongo on 20:01 - Dec 28 with 2679 viewscolinallcars

Is Luongo available tomorrow ?
Without Luongo on 20:15 - Dec 28 with 2638 viewsozranger

Without Luongo on 20:01 - Dec 28 by colinallcars

Is Luongo available tomorrow ?

Only if he can quietly sneak out of training and get a taxi to Dubai airport, take an Emirates flight to Heathrow, an uber to Shepherds Bush, play the game and then do the opposite all in the hope that no one realises he was absent. So, maybe.
Without Luongo on 20:51 - Dec 28 with 2565 viewsCiderwithRsie

I think you have second-guessed McClaren correctly and FWIW I think he'd be right - we have a system, it's working, so change as little as possible; and Cousins has shown signs of being up to the job. Freeman seems to be relishing playing where he is.

I'd like BOS to get more game time as a sub, and I expect him to get a go in the Cup.
Without Luongo on 21:11 - Dec 28 with 2528 viewsCiderwithRsie

PS if I was going to make a change it'd be to give Eze some rest and give Chair a start.
Without Luongo on 21:58 - Dec 28 with 2461 viewscolinallcars

Without Luongo on 21:11 - Dec 28 by CiderwithRsie

PS if I was going to make a change it'd be to give Eze some rest and give Chair a start.

Seconded
Without Luongo on 22:19 - Dec 28 with 2416 viewsLblock

Luongo is going to rip up the Asian Cup

We'll be fighting off bids as the "window slams shut"

Or..... he may be an unused sub for the WHOLE tournament, which I'm sure I've seen before.

I'm a critic of his (No?!?!?) but to be fair he's been turning me around and has been integral last few games. We will miss him due largely to key injuries which means players such as Geoofery Cameron III and Hall are unable to step up.
I do actually hope he remains on the sidelines, comes back fresh and there is zero interest in him and we can march on.

Tomorrow I would simply stick Cousins in there but I do have a feeling Schteeve may surprise us.

Looking forward to it.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Without Luongo on 22:42 - Dec 28 with 2389 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

I've got some Charlton supporting family, and they reckon the lad is class. I'm sure a proper injury free run will show him to be the player we thought we signed.
Without Luongo on 22:45 - Dec 28 with 2382 viewsqprd

Without Luongo on 21:58 - Dec 28 by colinallcars

Seconded

If you’re going to sit Eze, id rather see bright than chair.

Play a 4231 with freeman in the 10 role and bright on the left wing
Login to get fewer ads

Without Luongo on 23:24 - Dec 28 with 2313 viewsozranger

Without Luongo on 22:19 - Dec 28 by Lblock

Luongo is going to rip up the Asian Cup

We'll be fighting off bids as the "window slams shut"

Or..... he may be an unused sub for the WHOLE tournament, which I'm sure I've seen before.

I'm a critic of his (No?!?!?) but to be fair he's been turning me around and has been integral last few games. We will miss him due largely to key injuries which means players such as Geoofery Cameron III and Hall are unable to step up.
I do actually hope he remains on the sidelines, comes back fresh and there is zero interest in him and we can march on.

Tomorrow I would simply stick Cousins in there but I do have a feeling Schteeve may surprise us.

Looking forward to it.

I'd be more than concerned if he returns with pine splinters. That is, unless McLaren can get his head back in order much quicker than after what happened in Russia. If he doesn't get a run in the Asian Cup I think he would seriously think about retiring from national duties.

However, I would extremely doubt he wouldn't play. It was the previously injured Jedinak who kicked Mass out of the WC, through the Dutch manager who had no real idea what he was doing. With Mooy missing this time as well, only really Milligan would do better in Luongo's normal place and Milligan is settling in the defence. So, I would expect Mass to play all of the games and be key to the performances of the team.
Without Luongo on 00:34 - Dec 29 with 2232 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Syria, Palestine, and Jordan.

He's not exactly going to have to knock his pipe out is he? It's in the United Arab Emirates so he can chat to Lynch round the pool in Dubai if he gets homesick.
Without Luongo on 01:05 - Dec 29 with 2209 viewsCiderwithRsie

Without Luongo on 22:45 - Dec 28 by qprd

I'm not against that as such, but it's changing a winning formula - you bring in BOS and you change Freeman's role. Which you have to, to bring Bright in, as he's an out-and-out winger (unless you bring him in for Pawel, which is madness.)

I just think Chair looks closer to a like-for-like for Eze, switching between a 10 and a winger.
Without Luongo on 01:55 - Dec 29 with 2186 viewsHooparoo

Without Luongo on 00:34 - Dec 29 by BazzaInTheLoft

Syria, Palestine, and Jordan.

He's not exactly going to have to knock his pipe out is he? It's in the United Arab Emirates so he can chat to Lynch round the pool in Dubai if he gets homesick.

The real opponents for us (as defending champions) are Japan and South Korea as most of their players are in Europe’s top leagues (unlike ours). Syria, Jordan and Palestine are the Malta, Faroe Islands and Gibraltar of our region.

You still have to beat what’s in front of you.

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Without Luongo on 06:32 - Dec 29 with 2085 viewsaussiehoop

If Milligan kept me out of my Sunday side I’d throw a wobbly and retire - in my opinion a crab of the highest order with a propensity to give the ball away at the most inconvenient time.

He’s not fit to lace Luongos boots.
Without Luongo on 08:05 - Dec 29 with 2021 viewsjonno

Just out of interest, do Australia subsidise Luongo's wages while he is unavailable to play for us?
Without Luongo on 09:22 - Dec 29 with 1951 viewsDejR_vu

Without Luongo on 22:45 - Dec 28 by qprd

Nice problems to have for a change

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Without Luongo on 09:27 - Dec 29 with 1945 viewsDejR_vu

Without Luongo on 22:42 - Dec 28 by BazzaInTheLoft

I've got some Charlton supporting family, and they reckon the lad is class. I'm sure a proper injury free run will show him to be the player we thought we signed.

Best case, Luongo has a blinder of a tournament, Cousins steps up whilst he’s away, bid comes in for Luongo, everyone’s happy.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Without Luongo on 10:39 - Dec 29 with 1879 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Without Luongo on 01:55 - Dec 29 by Hooparoo

The real opponents for us (as defending champions) are Japan and South Korea as most of their players are in Europe’s top leagues (unlike ours). Syria, Jordan and Palestine are the Malta, Faroe Islands and Gibraltar of our region.

You still have to beat what’s in front of you.

Very true.
Without Luongo on 11:20 - Dec 29 with 1831 viewsDavieQPR

When you play 4-2-3-1 you cannot use Freeman as part of the 2. Therefore it has to be Cousins alongside Scowen.
Without Luongo on 11:39 - Dec 29 with 1800 viewsPinnerPaul

As far as Mas is concerned SMc has already said it WILL be Cousins to replace him.

I would start with Chair myself instead of Eze, but don't think SMc will.
Without Luongo on 15:14 - Dec 29 with 1653 viewsBoston

Someone get on the blower to the BBC, they think we have an unchanged side from Boxing Day!

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Without Luongo on 17:04 - Dec 29 with 1614 viewsLondon_Pride

Unfortunately he didn't take the opportunity today. Cousins was very poor. A couple of times misplaced passes lead to Reading breaks or Free kicks. Scowen had to cover for him numerous times. At times he seemed to be trying too hard.

Hopefully he will be better against Villa.
Without Luongo on 17:10 - Dec 29 with 1598 viewssevenhoop

He is absolute cack. Rubbish. Doesmt have the talent or a football brain . Today was the day I finally gave up with him and realised he will never make a footballer.
Without Luongo on 18:02 - Dec 29 with 1465 viewsBlackCrowe

It's astonishing he skips around the middle of the field like an Easter lamb but never actually goes anywhere near the ball. His team mates seem to avoid passing to him too.

I think he thinks he's some kind of playmaker who is too good to do the graft, but that's whats needed if he's filling in for Mass.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Without Luongo on 19:10 - Dec 29 with 1365 viewsHunterhoop

Without Luongo on 18:02 - Dec 29 by BlackCrowe

It's astonishing he skips around the middle of the field like an Easter lamb but never actually goes anywhere near the ball. His team mates seem to avoid passing to him too.

I think he thinks he's some kind of playmaker who is too good to do the graft, but that's whats needed if he's filling in for Mass.

The difference with and without Luongo was plain to see today. Cousins barely got within 5 feet of the ball at any point in the game. When he did, he gave it away.

In the first half, i’m not sure he or Scowen put in a single successful tackle. Scowen improved but was still poor, because he doesn’t pass AND move. He passes and stands still. Fine if your passing is good and others in front of you do the moving. His passing was bad, and with Cousins doing an impersonation of an old Labrador playing football we couldn’t put our foot on it.

Luongo hugely missed. Shame everyone else is so lightweight and can’t pass.
Without Luongo on 19:16 - Dec 29 with 1342 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Without Luongo on 22:42 - Dec 28 by BazzaInTheLoft

This hasn't aged well.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024