Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Eze abuse 09:14 - Dec 30 with 12794 viewsdavman

Getting silly isn't it?

He wasn't awful at all yesterday; no worse than many of them, but there was a lot more anger towards him than any other player in the Lower Loft.

Why do we turn on the talented?

My Pompey mate with me was amazed at the level of frustration showed by the crowd in light of our league position and the fact that we were not losing. He was right too...

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Eze abuse on 09:32 - Dec 30 with 4299 viewsDejR_vu

I think there’s been so much hype about him that expectation levels have become unrealistic. At the moment he’s a talented young player with bags of unfulfilled potential.

He’s there to be creative but he’s gone off the boil. He offered nothing defensively so we were pretty much carrying him. His and Freeman’s performances were poles apart. I think needs a rest.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Eze abuse on 09:35 - Dec 30 with 4272 viewsPunteR

I personally think SM is using him too much. There's a high expectation of him now. If the fans are getting frustrated with him now's a good time to rest him and take him out the firing line. Its the difference of management styles to Ollie. Ollie would have rested him by now for sure.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Eze abuse on 09:43 - Dec 30 with 4233 viewsPinnerPaul

He WAS poor the first 55' mins yesterday (like the team) but just as SMc was going to hook him - he and (and the team) picked up.

As SMc said he didn't want to stop the momentum we had at that time.

I would still have made one or two changes 10 mins earlier than we did though.
Eze abuse on 09:43 - Dec 30 with 4234 viewstraininvain

Eze abuse on 09:35 - Dec 30 by PunteR

I personally think SM is using him too much. There's a high expectation of him now. If the fans are getting frustrated with him now's a good time to rest him and take him out the firing line. Its the difference of management styles to Ollie. Ollie would have rested him by now for sure.

Along with changing half the team after the Forest win! But agree it’s time to take Eze out of the firing line as the stick he was taking yesterday was harsh.
Eze abuse on 09:44 - Dec 30 with 4224 viewssmegma

Eze abuse on 09:32 - Dec 30 by DejR_vu

I think there’s been so much hype about him that expectation levels have become unrealistic. At the moment he’s a talented young player with bags of unfulfilled potential.

He’s there to be creative but he’s gone off the boil. He offered nothing defensively so we were pretty much carrying him. His and Freeman’s performances were poles apart. I think needs a rest.

As you say he's a talented young player. He has lots of potential. That's it. Some 'experts' on here were claiming he was better than James Maddison a few months ago therefore he was worth over £10m. The same experts also claimed Smithies was worth a similar amount and should be in the England reckoning.
Eze abuse on 09:45 - Dec 30 with 4224 viewsenfieldargh

bloke behind me thinks he a waste of space and says it at every opportunity.

Problem is Eze is not getting the ball in what could be described as dangerous places, and he is not a risk taker preferring to find a teammate when he can which will be compounded by an ever increasing amount of negative sounds from the crowd.

Maybe a rest would do him good however if he's not playing he cant improve his game and he is a gem. A little bit more patience methinks

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Eze abuse on 09:51 - Dec 30 with 4206 viewsjonno

Eze abuse on 09:44 - Dec 30 by smegma

As you say he's a talented young player. He has lots of potential. That's it. Some 'experts' on here were claiming he was better than James Maddison a few months ago therefore he was worth over £10m. The same experts also claimed Smithies was worth a similar amount and should be in the England reckoning.

Exactly, a young talented player with lots of potential but also lots to learn. Teams have got a bit wise to him as well, surrounding him quickly when he gets possession. That can help others get more space but it does Eze no favours, as he gets more experience he'll learn how to cope but for now probably a good idea to give him a break from starting games. Ludicrous to abuse any of your players, totally counter productive.
Eze abuse on 09:52 - Dec 30 with 4201 viewsJuzzie

Expectations in general just seem so unrealistic.
Yesterday was only my second game of the season and there was a prepubescent teenager behind me constantly shouting out what was wrong and why such and such player should go off and who should come on and what formation we should play. Too much FIFA playing and everyone thinks they’re an expert and we should win every game 5-0.
Login to get fewer ads

Eze abuse on 10:03 - Dec 30 with 4156 viewsPhildo

Yes bloke behind me giving him pelters from about 5 minutes in. Bit of a ping pong bypass the midfield game which did not suit him at all. I came away strangely positive as to play collectively that poorly and come away with a draw made me think we are a very decent team.
Eze abuse on 10:11 - Dec 30 with 4101 viewshoopdog

Eze abuse on 09:51 - Dec 30 by jonno

Exactly, a young talented player with lots of potential but also lots to learn. Teams have got a bit wise to him as well, surrounding him quickly when he gets possession. That can help others get more space but it does Eze no favours, as he gets more experience he'll learn how to cope but for now probably a good idea to give him a break from starting games. Ludicrous to abuse any of your players, totally counter productive.

We really do seem to have more than our fair share of idiots don't we ??
Willing to overlook where we have been for the past five years , and willing to heap abuse on a real talent the sort that makes you want to watch football , face it we are very lucky to have him so enjoy it
Eze abuse on 10:25 - Dec 30 with 4046 viewsmcqpr10

Some of our fans make me despair. Won 3 on the bounce, and having a pop at a young talented number 10 who despite not playing too well, made the most sublime pass of the day to put pav through.
I thought we wanted young players coming through? No more massive earners who have had their best days? Well guess what. If you want young players to develop, they will need lots of time and support.
How about we encourage him. Sing his name? Would that be too much too ask? The last two games have been very quiet atmosphere wise. You can't tell me a 20 year won't be affected by his own fans calling him a lazy so and so.
Eze abuse on 10:28 - Dec 30 with 4030 viewsWatfordR

Eze abuse on 10:11 - Dec 30 by hoopdog

We really do seem to have more than our fair share of idiots don't we ??
Willing to overlook where we have been for the past five years , and willing to heap abuse on a real talent the sort that makes you want to watch football , face it we are very lucky to have him so enjoy it

Clearly we didn't have the best of first halves yesterday, but that was collectively rather than one individual.

Second half was an improvement and to be fair I though the majority of our attacking efforts came through Eze's involvement. He's perhaps not seeing as much of the ball as he did earlier in the season and I do think he might benefit from a break for a few weeks.

But the criticisms that he is lazy are in my view ridiculous. He never stops doing what he's been asked to do and I personally can't see that he's doing any less chasing down than Wells for example. Christ knows what people would have made of Stanley if they'd seen him play. Thankfully we didn't have social media back then.
Eze abuse on 10:29 - Dec 30 with 4024 viewsbosh67

He is a wonderful talent getting huge experience at still a young age. He does need to stick a few more in the net. If he can I think we will see him back at full pelt. Confidence is a big thing for a player like him.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Eze abuse on 10:30 - Dec 30 with 4022 viewsdolcelatte

How comes that didn't apply to Washington then?

Poll: Are you sick of people asking if you are sick of polls?

Eze abuse on 10:39 - Dec 30 with 3987 viewsNorthLondonR

Is there a correlation between fans coming back to Loftus Road for the first time for a long time and Eze not being at his best, yet far from terrible?

Heard comments such as "thought he was supposed to be a genius" etc etc.

That's the modern football fan I think. Personally showed what we are missing with Luongo linking midfield with attack and Cousins not yet up to speed. Patience everyone.

I would like to see Chair in there for either Scowen or Cousins as I think he can pick a clinical pass and is a pest. However Scowen has played well and Cousins needs a couple of games in his legs.

Clean sheet, point in the bag and 5 games without defeat.
Eze abuse on 10:41 - Dec 30 with 3978 viewsstowmarketrange

I think the whole team were feeling the effects of a tiring month or two.Playing the same players every week is good for consistency,but it increases the risks of injuries and tiredness.
One more game and most of them will get a winter break for a few days,assuming SM will play a weakened team against Lids.
I heard a few people around me moaning about him not working hard enough,or not tackling to get the ball back enough,but the whole team were caught cold for the first 60 mins yeasterday.Once they realised that the game was there to be won,it was as if someone had turned a switch on.
Shame we didn’t get the win,but at least we didn’t lose,or concede.
Eze abuse on 11:05 - Dec 30 with 3911 viewsrsonist

Different for every player but in Eze's case I think resting/dropping him is going to be counter-productive. The issues he's facing on the field (and the crypto-bigots and lumpen troglodytes in the stands) are ones that he will always need to surmount if his talent's to be fulfilled. No point putting him back in a comfort zone.

Not to say there aren't mitigating circumstances or that an earlier sub/tactical shift wouldn't help mind.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2018 11:06]
Eze abuse on 11:09 - Dec 30 with 3890 viewsquickpassrotter

I guess that it also relates to which part of the ground that you sit in. South Africa Road stand F Block - no abuse of Eze at all. In fact lots of encouragement for him, against a backdrop of all of us realising he is going through a sticky patch and not playing particularly well. I'm lucky where I sit as all around me get behind the team - and don't shout abuse at individual players (only the referee usually !). Doesn't seem to be the same in other sections of the ground.
Tough one at the moment - keep playing Eze and give him further much needed experience, or rest him and let him recharge the batteries. Even when his form is not great and he looks tired, you know that he can turn a game in an instant.
Eze abuse on 11:31 - Dec 30 with 3833 viewsLazyFan

Washout or Eze?

No contest, Eze all the way.

Nuff Said.

zzzzzzzzzz

Eze abuse on 12:08 - Dec 30 with 3727 viewsdavman

Eze abuse on 11:09 - Dec 30 by quickpassrotter

I guess that it also relates to which part of the ground that you sit in. South Africa Road stand F Block - no abuse of Eze at all. In fact lots of encouragement for him, against a backdrop of all of us realising he is going through a sticky patch and not playing particularly well. I'm lucky where I sit as all around me get behind the team - and don't shout abuse at individual players (only the referee usually !). Doesn't seem to be the same in other sections of the ground.
Tough one at the moment - keep playing Eze and give him further much needed experience, or rest him and let him recharge the batteries. Even when his form is not great and he looks tired, you know that he can turn a game in an instant.

I'd keep him in, he will play through this. The through ball for Pav yesterday was a rare bit of skill on show from either team.

Can we go out yet?
Poll: What would you take for Willock if a bid comes this month?

Eze abuse on 12:12 - Dec 30 with 3716 viewsNortholt_Rs

Eze abuse on 10:03 - Dec 30 by Phildo

Yes bloke behind me giving him pelters from about 5 minutes in. Bit of a ping pong bypass the midfield game which did not suit him at all. I came away strangely positive as to play collectively that poorly and come away with a draw made me think we are a very decent team.

Top post fella....

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Eze abuse on 12:21 - Dec 30 with 3688 viewsNov77

I find both ludicrous, the criticism AND the exaggerated praise he was getting.
just on this message board I've read of him being compared to Stan, adel, Chris waddle and even Zidane, only last week someone said he would be a £25m player.

he's done nothing yet to justify any of that hype, maybe that's why some fans are getting on his back, because he's not living up to unjustified expectations that through no fault of his own were placed on him.

I think so many fans are desperate to have another number 10 worthy of the shirt that they're projecting their wishes rather than recognizing the reality.

So far, Eze doesn't have the end product to justify those hopes, it may come, it may not, but getting on his back sure ain't going to help.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Eze abuse on 12:23 - Dec 30 with 3686 viewsNortholt_Rs

Eze abuse on 10:39 - Dec 30 by NorthLondonR

Is there a correlation between fans coming back to Loftus Road for the first time for a long time and Eze not being at his best, yet far from terrible?

Heard comments such as "thought he was supposed to be a genius" etc etc.

That's the modern football fan I think. Personally showed what we are missing with Luongo linking midfield with attack and Cousins not yet up to speed. Patience everyone.

I would like to see Chair in there for either Scowen or Cousins as I think he can pick a clinical pass and is a pest. However Scowen has played well and Cousins needs a couple of games in his legs.

Clean sheet, point in the bag and 5 games without defeat.

Another really good post. Sums up my feelings exactly......not at the races yesterday but compared to what I expected at the start of the season the team and manager are doing a great job. COYRs!!!!

Scooters, Tunes, Trainers and QPR.

Eze abuse on 12:55 - Dec 30 with 3600 viewsDWQPR

Eze abuse on 12:08 - Dec 30 by davman

I'd keep him in, he will play through this. The through ball for Pav yesterday was a rare bit of skill on show from either team.

Exactly. The thing is with Eze is that he is that type of player that can turn a game in a moment and when he is on the ball we now expect something to happen. He will only get better and he isn’t afraid to get physical either when needed. We are lucky at the moment to have both him and Freeman in the same side. It was a shame that Freeman hit that volley too well. Otherwise I think we would have seen the goal of the season. Despite the result yesterday I am once again enjoying watching this team probably more so since the days of Neil Warnock. And part of that reason is watching the likes of Eze and Freeman.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Eze abuse on 13:21 - Dec 30 with 3542 viewsessextaxiboy

He is just knackered ,mentally probably as well as physically . Leave him out entirely for Villa and the Leeds game ...
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024