Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Les Ferdinand transfer talk 16:35 - Jan 13 with 4054 viewsHayesender

Really interesting 30 odd minutes viewing

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Les Ferdinand transfer talk on 17:20 - Jan 13 with 3935 viewscaliforniahoop

That was brilliant
Les Ferdinand transfer talk on 19:42 - Jan 13 with 3721 viewsdaveB

That was really good, the stuff about Newcastle was fascinating, he was treated pretty poorly by them but agree with him he should have stayed, that move to Spurs was a bad one for him
Les Ferdinand transfer talk on 19:58 - Jan 13 with 3695 viewsHayesender

Sounded like he was pretty close to coming back here until someone told sky

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Les Ferdinand transfer talk on 20:34 - Jan 13 with 3601 viewscaliforniahoop

Les Ferdinand transfer talk on 19:58 - Jan 13 by Hayesender

Sounded like he was pretty close to coming back here until someone told sky

Yeah, I heard that a few years ago, Ollie should have kept his mouth shut but Big Sam was a bit petty.
Les Ferdinand transfer talk on 20:55 - Jan 13 with 3555 viewsdaveB

Les Ferdinand transfer talk on 20:34 - Jan 13 by californiahoop

Yeah, I heard that a few years ago, Ollie should have kept his mouth shut but Big Sam was a bit petty.

I think he said it off the record at a fans forum and it got leaked to the press the next day but might be wrong on that
Les Ferdinand transfer talk on 21:16 - Jan 13 with 3494 viewsTripper

Thanks for posting, really enjoyed that.
Les Ferdinand transfer talk on 21:56 - Jan 13 with 3377 viewsqueensparker

Great viewing that, really interesting. Had no idea he was close to going to United that season before he left - I would have been f–king furious at the time if that had happened
[Post edited 13 Jan 2019 21:57]
Les Ferdinand transfer talk on 22:02 - Jan 13 with 3357 viewsthame_hoops

I remember talk on the terrace that he was going to
Arsenal year before He actually left
Login to get fewer ads

Les Ferdinand transfer talk on 22:36 - Jan 13 with 3285 viewsCiderwithRsie

Excellent interview.

The Man U thing was interesting 'cos I thought everyone involved came over OK - no-one stitched anyone up, they just stood up for themselves and their club.

West Ham also interesting - that you can look at the squad and think they're good enough but one match is enough to see they're going down because the spirit has gone (also that fans slagging off the team doesn't work and maybe the Wham fans got their team relegated.)
Les Ferdinand transfer talk on 22:39 - Jan 13 with 3282 viewsloftus77

What a great interview by Les.

I had no idea about how important his proposed transfer was in Gerry resigning in 1994; I always thought it was all to do with the Rodney Marsh situation.

Fascinating and candid account of one of the most crucial periods in Rangers' modern history (1994-96) which, as many of us have argued, still has ramifications today. Well worth a watch.
Les Ferdinand transfer talk on 23:53 - Jan 13 with 3177 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

The gift that keeps giving. Love him.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Les Ferdinand transfer talk on 09:39 - Jan 14 with 2864 viewsTheChef

Always nice to see Darmeshthshth Shethshth as well.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Les Ferdinand transfer talk on 11:14 - Jan 14 with 2746 viewsisawqpratwcity

That was very interesting at the end about how he didn't come back tp QPR. I always assumed that it was Les' own choice to go elsewhere and, much as I love the bloke, I always held that against him.

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Les Ferdinand transfer talk on 12:36 - Jan 14 with 2643 viewsBucks_Ranger

I went to friendly/charity or such nr Harrow, Northwood perhaps? Les rolled up in an Aston Martin, I spoke to him in the car park, one of my first questions to him was "Are you coming back to QPR Les" - his response was "Ollie wont ave it"
Les Ferdinand transfer talk on 18:29 - Jan 14 with 2368 viewsCiderwithRsie

Another thing about this it reminded me that England had Les, Shearer, Andy Cole and Ian Wright at the same time - amazing we couldn't win anything really.

It sort of chimes with Konk saying he couldn't pick most premiership players out in an ID parade (me neither) - it was very different back in Les's day.

PS am I the only one whose spellchecker keeps trying to change Konk's name to Kink, or have I just been googling too much dodgy stuff?
Les Ferdinand transfer talk on 20:29 - Jan 14 with 2231 viewsMedwayR

Les Ferdinand transfer talk on 18:29 - Jan 14 by CiderwithRsie

Another thing about this it reminded me that England had Les, Shearer, Andy Cole and Ian Wright at the same time - amazing we couldn't win anything really.

It sort of chimes with Konk saying he couldn't pick most premiership players out in an ID parade (me neither) - it was very different back in Les's day.

PS am I the only one whose spellchecker keeps trying to change Konk's name to Kink, or have I just been googling too much dodgy stuff?

Around that time England had Shearer, Ferdinand, Wright, Cole, Fowler, Sheringham, Le Tissier, Sutton and at a push Hurst, Holdsworth & Armstrong and then Collymore & Dublin came good too. Kane & Rashford are brilliant players but Southgate can only dream of strength in depth like that!!

Poll: Who’s better?

Les Ferdinand transfer talk on 22:54 - Jan 14 with 2096 viewsDylanP

Brilliant interview. Thanks for posting.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Les Ferdinand transfer talk on 07:35 - Jan 15 with 1952 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Enjoyed that. Thanks, Hayes.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Les Ferdinand transfer talk on 07:43 - Jan 15 with 1944 viewsTheChef

Les Ferdinand transfer talk on 22:36 - Jan 13 by CiderwithRsie

Excellent interview.

The Man U thing was interesting 'cos I thought everyone involved came over OK - no-one stitched anyone up, they just stood up for themselves and their club.

West Ham also interesting - that you can look at the squad and think they're good enough but one match is enough to see they're going down because the spirit has gone (also that fans slagging off the team doesn't work and maybe the Wham fans got their team relegated.)

I had totally forgotten his spells at West Ham and Leicester!

I'm now imagining an alternative universe where Les came back to QPR in 2004/05. Far out, maaaaan.

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Les Ferdinand transfer talk on 09:29 - Jan 15 with 1903 viewsPommyhoop

That was great. Cheers.
Keegan : Alan Shearer has always had the no 9 shirt.
Sir Les: Yeah, so have I...
Love it Les ...Love it...

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Les Ferdinand transfer talk on 13:57 - Jan 17 with 1490 views00calben

Les Ferdinand transfer talk on 23:53 - Jan 13 by CliveWilsonSaid

The gift that keeps giving. Love him.

This.

Absolutely this.
Les Ferdinand transfer talk on 17:08 - Jan 17 with 1406 viewsextratimeR

Great interview, the very best, amazing bloke, spoke to him quite a few times over the years, all sort of" bump into you stuff" always got the time to stop and chat, and he's bloody normal!

Has done a great job at the club, amusing when the clip come up about starting away at Everton, always scored against them.

Never knew the story about Gerry resigning if they sold Les.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024