Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can We All Agree That Steve Needs Three Season Minimum? 23:03 - Jan 14 with 1975 viewsDylanP

I think we can all agree that QPR have settled into a rut of mediocrity over the last twenty years; hopping from manager to manager and shiny thing to shiny thing without any real hope of long-term progress. And without stability we are never going to get long-term progress. Now is a moment in time where we really have a chance to build that stability. But we need a little discipline out of the Board and out of the fans. Its as simple as that. We have some young, committed, really good players throughout the squad who can form a stable core of the team for years to come. But it is key that the Board doesn't get distracted from the long-trm goals by th next shiny thing that floats by and switch out managers at the end of this season or even next season and give Steve a decent run.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Can We All Agree That Steve Needs Three Season Minimum? on 23:15 - Jan 14 with 1950 viewsPommyhoop

Yup,,at least 3

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Can We All Agree That Steve Needs Three Season Minimum? on 23:22 - Jan 14 with 1935 viewsbosh67

Nah, sack him now. He's taken us as far as he can. Get in Wagner in, then sack him as he drives up to the door and replace him with big Sam. Then sack him before tea time.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Can We All Agree That Steve Needs Three Season Minimum? on 23:52 - Jan 14 with 1894 viewscaliforniahoop

Can We All Agree That Steve Needs Three Season Minimum? on 23:15 - Jan 14 by Pommyhoop

Yup,,at least 3

I think he will mount a challenge next season.
Can We All Agree That Steve Needs Three Season Minimum? on 00:08 - Jan 15 with 1883 viewskensalriser

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Can We All Agree That Steve Needs Three Season Minimum? on 00:50 - Jan 15 with 1852 viewsPunteR

I dunno... contracts just seem pointless these days. What contract is he on now..

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Can We All Agree That Steve Needs Three Season Minimum? on 01:30 - Jan 15 with 1837 viewsderbyhoop

It's a results game. We're all fairly content now, but if, next season, we end up 15-20th, having been forced to sell 1 or more of our stars, then they'll look at a change. Frankly, I agree with the sentiment in the OP, but it's not carte blanche.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Can We All Agree That Steve Needs Three Season Minimum? on 02:36 - Jan 15 with 1825 viewsJeff

Three years? Let’s see the mood of this forum when he loses three in a row, which is entirely possible during that murderous two week spell in February...

Can we not knock it?

Can We All Agree That Steve Needs Three Season Minimum? on 09:12 - Jan 15 with 1613 viewsLblock

But I thought we were going to struggle to hold onto Schteeeve and he was abouts to be announced at Munchaster United?

He's got me on side which is a remarkable feat from those crazy August days.
However the critical element must surely be the infrastructure behind him? The club seems to be a bit steadier.... granted a lot of this season was due to three loan players coming in plus nabbing Rangel.

Now sit down and stay calm.... I do think a lot of this could be down to the input of Chris Ramsey (knee Benny). The right man doing the RIGHT job.
Good stuff

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Login to get fewer ads

Can We All Agree That Steve Needs Three Season Minimum? on 11:13 - Jan 15 with 1492 viewslondonscottish

Can We All Agree That Steve Needs Three Season Minimum? on 09:12 - Jan 15 by Lblock

But I thought we were going to struggle to hold onto Schteeeve and he was abouts to be announced at Munchaster United?

However the critical element must surely be the infrastructure behind him? The club seems to be a bit steadier.... granted a lot of this season was due to three loan players coming in plus nabbing Rangel.

Now sit down and stay calm.... I do think a lot of this could be down to the input of Chris Ramsey (knee Benny). The right man doing the RIGHT job.
Good stuff

I agree with you LB. Rangers seem to have a full structure in place for the first time in living memory and long may that continue. Having a good CEO, the established DoF, the successful youth set up & a proper scouting operation makes a huge difference to stability and long term proppects of the operation. Obviously SM and his two assistants are also key.

I'd happily gave all of them on board for the next 2+ years but if there's a dip then the fans/board with get hacked off with SM and the inevitable will happen.

But at least if and when he and his staff do eventually leave there's some structure & strategy behind the scenes which will help.

We've seen multiple clubs follow this model successfully over the years and it's about time Rangers did the same thing.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Can We All Agree That Steve Needs Three Season Minimum? on 11:22 - Jan 15 with 1475 viewsdaveB

I don't think there is a manager in the world who will get 3 seasons no questions asked. McClaren is not under any great pressure but like any manager he'll be a bad run away from getting the sack until the day he goes
Can We All Agree That Steve Needs Three Season Minimum? on 16:29 - Jan 15 with 1222 viewsEsox_Lucius

Can We All Agree That Steve Needs Three Season Minimum? on 11:22 - Jan 15 by daveB

I don't think there is a manager in the world who will get 3 seasons no questions asked. McClaren is not under any great pressure but like any manager he'll be a bad run away from getting the sack until the day he goes

Not if the fans show public support. A fanciful notion given some of the knuckle draggers posting on social media.

The grass is always greener.

Can We All Agree That Steve Needs Three Season Minimum? on 16:31 - Jan 15 with 1218 viewstimcocking

I think QPR are and have been many things, but mediocre has rarely been one of them. Anything we've ever done, and by Christ we've done an awful lot, we've done it with style.
Can We All Agree That Steve Needs Three Season Minimum? on 16:43 - Jan 15 with 1209 viewsDorse

Can We All Agree That Steve Needs Three Season Minimum? on 11:22 - Jan 15 by daveB

I think it's more a case of the fans getting twitchy than the Board. Ollie had a couple of losing streaks that would have been the end of him at pretty much any other club. I think there is a longer-term project underway and the Board have decided to invest in McClaren to see it through. He's been with us for less than a season and it has seen a few ups and downs but, in general terms, it's been a success.

If, at the start of the season, you'd offered me top half and 4 points off the Play-Offs after Christmas, I'd have taken it. By the same token, suggesting it after the Bristol City game would have been sectioned.

We have hardly spent anything on recruitment, the younger players have become more established, even to the point where Her Majesty's Gutter Press keep making up stories about top-flight teams making come-to-bed eyes at Eze. When was the last time that happened? Peter Crouch? The Josh Bowler aberration notwithstanding (that came right out of the blue), we've hardly been a by-word for developing young talent since the 1990s and now we have several younger players that don't even weaken the side appreciably when they are asked to step up.

Someone else made the point earlier a couple of weeks ago that certain players seem to have kicked on this season compared with the previous one or two. Certainly, McClaren and the coaching team seem to be getting a tune out of Lynch for the first time since, well, ever really. Bidwell has gone from being seen as 'a bit meh' to 'we can't afford to lose him'. Freeman looks a standard above. BFG (I always loved him - he just seemed to be the right sort of crackers to fit QPR) has developed from a limited but decent CB into the footballing equivalent of Godzilla. And as for Furlong, he is motoring along. One of the best young players we've seen here for 30 years. Wszolek, Lumley, BOS, Oteh etc - the list goes on.

I honestly think the club are in this with McClaren for the long haul.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

Can We All Agree That Steve Needs Three Season Minimum? on 17:03 - Jan 15 with 1174 viewskensalriser

McClaren has had half a season and we're 11th. All that's happened is that over the last 18 months we appear to have stabilised and it seems as though the club might finally have a sustainable plan. It's not exactly anything to make your knickers moist, is it? We could easily be back down to 15th-16th in a few weeks - we're only a few losses and the sale of a key player away from a fan meltdown.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy with how things are turning out this season but it's still very much a work in progress.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Can We All Agree That Steve Needs Three Season Minimum? on 17:09 - Jan 15 with 1169 viewsCliveWilsonSaid

I hope he’s here for the next ten years because that would mean we’ve been a success.

Unfortunately I think it’s more likely that he’ll leave us for another job at some point, than get the sack. I hope not he seems like a good fit for us.

Poll: Expectations for this season?

Can We All Agree That Steve Needs Three Season Minimum? on 19:54 - Jan 15 with 1037 viewsDavieQPR

Can We All Agree That Steve Needs Three Season Minimum? on 09:12 - Jan 15 by Lblock

Good stuff

Man Utd are now being run again by Alex Ferguson with Ole and Phelan as his Gophers. McClaren has already had his stint.
Can We All Agree That Steve Needs Three Season Minimum? on 21:09 - Jan 15 with 977 viewsdaveB

Can We All Agree That Steve Needs Three Season Minimum? on 16:29 - Jan 15 by Esox_Lucius

Not if the fans show public support. A fanciful notion given some of the knuckle draggers posting on social media.

not suggesting he is in any sort of danger at the moment and if we have a bad run before the end of the season i doubt he'll be sacked but all managers are in the same boat and are a very bad run away from the boot, thats not really a reflection on Mcclaren it is the same with every manager from Mourinhio to Gary Rowett
Can We All Agree That Steve Needs Three Season Minimum? on 21:38 - Jan 15 with 957 viewsGloryHunter

As soon as Colin gets the boot from Cardiff we should sack Schteve and get him back here to get us promoted. Discuss.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024