Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our country is fckd match thread 20:04 - Jan 15 with 204760 viewsBlackCrowe

On one side we have a spineless and rudderless government full of self-serving narcissistic cnts utterly divided.

On the other side we have spineless and rudderless opposition full of self-serving narcissistic cnts utterly divided.

Can someone please show us a third way beyond flipping Vince. Failing a Chuka et al third way then Disco, you're the man no to save us from jezwecan, Diane, Sneery Emily and McDonnell no?
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 20:05]

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Our country is fckd match thread on 02:01 - Jan 18 with 2894 viewsbob566

Our country is fckd match thread on 14:57 - Jan 17 by BklynRanger

It's Scott Jones I tells yeee...

Theres a name i havent heard in years. Him and yer man pete. They still around at qpr or fuched off when pallandini left
Our country is fckd match thread on 05:27 - Jan 18 with 2848 viewsderbyhoop

Worth reading Laura Kuenssberg's latest blog about May's reaching out to opposition leaders. How sincere is she?
Corbyn not wanting to get involved because he thinks her approach is a sham. Plus he's trying to balance big city remainers (Manchester, Liverpool, Bristol Newcastle vote Remain) with small (relatively) town leavers.

The trouble is it is going to take a compromise of enormous proportions to get us off the hook from here. May's deal is surely dead in the water, but she won't go for a 2nd Ref/withdraw A50 because of "the will of the people". Trouble is the will of the people is open to many interpretations, almost none of which can be delivered. Her own red lines have backed her into a corner.

Maybe the best way forward is to leave the EU, but retain membership of the CU and SM. But that would mean paying for the privilege and not having any say in future legislation.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Our country is fckd match thread on 06:13 - Jan 18 with 2838 viewsWatford_Ranger

Our country is fckd match thread on 05:27 - Jan 18 by derbyhoop

Worth reading Laura Kuenssberg's latest blog about May's reaching out to opposition leaders. How sincere is she?
Corbyn not wanting to get involved because he thinks her approach is a sham. Plus he's trying to balance big city remainers (Manchester, Liverpool, Bristol Newcastle vote Remain) with small (relatively) town leavers.

The trouble is it is going to take a compromise of enormous proportions to get us off the hook from here. May's deal is surely dead in the water, but she won't go for a 2nd Ref/withdraw A50 because of "the will of the people". Trouble is the will of the people is open to many interpretations, almost none of which can be delivered. Her own red lines have backed her into a corner.

Maybe the best way forward is to leave the EU, but retain membership of the CU and SM. But that would mean paying for the privilege and not having any say in future legislation.

The best way forward would be to throw the whole farce out and focus the effort on fixing the actual problems in this country.

Of course it’s a sham. It’s damage limitation for her and the Tories when it goes even more
tits up to deflect some of the blame onto others. With our media, Corbyn only has to be at fault for 1% of the problem to get 99% of the blame.
Our country is fckd match thread on 07:42 - Jan 18 with 2779 viewsjonno

Our country is fckd match thread on 21:38 - Jan 17 by CiderwithRsie

Do honestly believe that?

We've a PM who as Home Sec came up with the Hostile Environment thing that led to the Windrush deportations, she insisted that Freedom of Movement was a red line in Brexit (making her job tons harder) and her party has been in govt since 2010 on a manifesto promise to reduce net immigration to less than 100k; plus it would be a massive vote winner for a govt in the shit.

But you think they look at all that and say "feck it, we just can't be arsed?"

Seriously? Why?

One simple reason - cheap labour for big business. The Tories will always want to help their benefactors the big companies keep down wages and the way to do that is an unlimited supply of cheap labour from abroad which is a large part of "globalisation". Labour have allowed it because they believe that most immigrants will vote Labour but of course it has had the side effect of suppressing wages for a lot of working class people, which is a large part of their voting base. This is why the Labour party have ceased being the party of the "working man" for many people.
Our country is fckd match thread on 08:23 - Jan 18 with 2734 viewsstowmarketrange

Our country is fckd match thread on 05:27 - Jan 18 by derbyhoop

The time to reach out to other parties for ideas should’ve been 2 1/2 years ago,not when you look like you’re drowning and you reach for a life belt.But she was too stubborn to do it.
Our country is fckd match thread on 08:27 - Jan 18 with 2726 viewsMetallica_Hoop

If they orchestrate another referendum their needs to be 2 remain options.
a) Stay (Status Quo)
b) More Europe.

Hardly anyone will vote for 'More Europe' so if somehow we remain and they try for 'More Europe' and the Federalists start banging on about the Treaty of Rome and 'ever closer union' we can point to the tiny minority and laugh. Still if they want the EURO they can move to the Eurozone.

Everyones happy.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Our country is fckd match thread on 08:58 - Jan 18 with 2678 viewsrunningman75

Our country is fckd match thread on 08:27 - Jan 18 by Metallica_Hoop

a) Stay (Status Quo)
b) More Europe.

Hardly anyone will vote for 'More Europe' so if somehow we remain and they try for 'More Europe' and the Federalists start banging on about the Treaty of Rome and 'ever closer union' we can point to the tiny minority and laugh. Still if they want the EURO they can move to the Eurozone.

Everyones happy.

Made me think of Status quo the band- maybe add in option of whatever you want. #
Option B Europe could Theresa May be walking out to the final countdown.
Our country is fckd match thread on 08:58 - Jan 18 with 2678 viewsCiderwithRsie

Our country is fckd match thread on 07:42 - Jan 18 by jonno

One simple reason - cheap labour for big business. The Tories will always want to help their benefactors the big companies keep down wages and the way to do that is an unlimited supply of cheap labour from abroad which is a large part of "globalisation". Labour have allowed it because they believe that most immigrants will vote Labour but of course it has had the side effect of suppressing wages for a lot of working class people, which is a large part of their voting base. This is why the Labour party have ceased being the party of the "working man" for many people.

In that case, why the Hostile Environment? Why tie yourself as a party to less than 100k net immigration?

Why not just STFU and use a bit of misdirection to keep attention elsewhere, instead of constantly stirring up an issue which you don't intend to delver on?
Login to get fewer ads

Our country is fckd match thread on 09:30 - Jan 18 with 2644 viewsElHoop

Our country is fckd match thread on 08:27 - Jan 18 by Metallica_Hoop

a) Stay (Status Quo)
b) More Europe.

Everyones happy.

There won't be another referendum now surely?

However if we ever did have another one then I think that both the remain and leave options should have eliminators so that we end up with a choice between the two most popular options:

Remain:
Joing the Euro
Stay as we are

Leave
May's Deal
Customs Union or similar
No deal

The main problem with doing that is that opponents might vote for the most unpopular option for the 'other side' to make the ultimate choice a poor one. Which is one reason why we won't have a second vote.

If we leave and have another referendum to rejoin in the future then we'll have to join the Euro to get back in, so that'll probably keep them all quiet for a while.

I voted leave but a decent customs union wouldn't bother me in the slightest and at the moment that seems like the best option. Could possibly lead to the exctinction of the ERG too if they walked out of the Tory party as a result - no bad thing.
Our country is fckd match thread on 09:37 - Jan 18 with 2635 viewsGloryHunter

"Most immigrants will vote Labour"? EU nationals working in the UK are not "immigrants" - therefore they can't vote.
Our country is fckd match thread on 09:50 - Jan 18 with 2612 viewsDiscodroids

[Post edited 18 Jan 2019 9:55]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Our country is fckd match thread on 10:31 - Jan 18 with 2556 viewsSilverfoxqpr

I just can't do it anymore and deliberately avoided the news the last two days. I spend my days and indeed the last 2.5 months arguing with both Clients and Reinsurer c unts about their fcuking Brexit Clauses on their contracts. Take me to the rest home of fallen Reinsurer Brokers right now, lock me in a room with the entire Cardiacs back catalogue and wake me up when it's over.
Our country is fckd match thread on 10:52 - Jan 18 with 2506 viewsDiscodroids

Our country is fckd match thread on 10:31 - Jan 18 by Silverfoxqpr

I just can't do it anymore and deliberately avoided the news the last two days. I spend my days and indeed the last 2.5 months arguing with both Clients and Reinsurer c unts about their fcuking Brexit Clauses on their contracts. Take me to the rest home of fallen Reinsurer Brokers right now, lock me in a room with the entire Cardiacs back catalogue and wake me up when it's over.

I hope to sweet f uck there is a 90 minute amnesty on this thread at 3pm Tomorrow .

I think anyone offering up their views on brexit , either way, on a QPR Forum while QPR are playing an actual game of association football should be hung from their tiits a man called horse style from Stan Bowles mock tudor ceiling beams as punishment.

I was in open mouthed innocent child like wonder when a ravenous poster on another brexit thread posted a soliloquy during the second half of the home match v Middlesbrough on the financial consequences of the expiry of the ECSC Treaty on the Research fund for Coal and Steel in Bulgaria or some such harry monk , while the rest of us had a kinder egg of opioid analgesic up our arseholes biting our finger nails to stumps as QPR were fighting tooth and nail for their 2-1 lead.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2019 10:54]

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Our country is fckd match thread on 11:13 - Jan 18 with 2457 viewsdaveB

I'd fed up of hearing what May should have done or what should have happened, that can;t be changed.

The politicans now have a chance to come forward and say what they want changed in this deal, if it's the whole thing then fine come forward and say but those who voted against it can;t just say it's pointless without trying. Corbyn and co should talk to May and if nothing comes of it they can rightly slate her but as it stands now they look utterly ridiculous.

One person on Question Time last night had it right, lock them all in a room and they can't come out until it is resolved.
Our country is fckd match thread on 11:19 - Jan 18 with 2445 viewsSilverfoxqpr

Our country is fckd match thread on 10:52 - Jan 18 by Discodroids

I hope to sweet f uck there is a 90 minute amnesty on this thread at 3pm Tomorrow .

I think anyone offering up their views on brexit , either way, on a QPR Forum while QPR are playing an actual game of association football should be hung from their tiits a man called horse style from Stan Bowles mock tudor ceiling beams as punishment.

I was in open mouthed innocent child like wonder when a ravenous poster on another brexit thread posted a soliloquy during the second half of the home match v Middlesbrough on the financial consequences of the expiry of the ECSC Treaty on the Research fund for Coal and Steel in Bulgaria or some such harry monk , while the rest of us had a kinder egg of opioid analgesic up our arseholes biting our finger nails to stumps as QPR were fighting tooth and nail for their 2-1 lead.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2019 10:54]

Agreed. If the amnesty fails to materialise we can just opt for the 'ignore button' on every user bar Brian Mcarthy for 90 minutes.
Our country is fckd match thread on 12:11 - Jan 18 with 2367 viewsBasingstokeR

Our country is fckd match thread on 11:13 - Jan 18 by daveB

I'd fed up of hearing what May should have done or what should have happened, that can;t be changed.

The politicans now have a chance to come forward and say what they want changed in this deal, if it's the whole thing then fine come forward and say but those who voted against it can;t just say it's pointless without trying. Corbyn and co should talk to May and if nothing comes of it they can rightly slate her but as it stands now they look utterly ridiculous.

One person on Question Time last night had it right, lock them all in a room and they can't come out until it is resolved.

This is why its borderline outrageous that they were allowed to go on the full 3 weeks or whatever they got off for Christmas.
Our country is fckd match thread on 12:15 - Jan 18 with 2359 viewskensalriser

It would be a bit silly of Labour to think immigrants will vote for it, as only UK, Irish and qualifying Commonwealth citizens can vote in general elections.

Counter-intuitively, studies have shown there is no evidence that immigration has suppressed wages in recent years.

Labour is still much more friendly for ordinary working people than the Conservatives, although of course it's the Lib Dems who are largely responsible for removing much of the burden of income tax from the low-paid.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Our country is fckd match thread on 13:04 - Jan 18 with 2280 viewsJuzzie

Our country is fckd match thread on 02:01 - Jan 18 by bob566

Theres a name i havent heard in years. Him and yer man pete. They still around at qpr or fuched off when pallandini left

The latter I think.

Interestingly, Pete sold WATRB around the same time Palladini left QPR.

Coincidence?
Our country is fckd match thread on 13:59 - Jan 18 with 2212 viewsFDC

Stephen Bush saying the Tories are at least making preparations for an election. He's a pretty grounded journalist, and from the centre left -- certainly no Corbyn cheer leader.

If Corbyn pulls this off will he get the plaudits for having played this exactly right I wonder?

nine government ministers, three of whom are in the cabinet, have instructed their constituency associations to prepare for an early election, the New Statesman has learnt. Four of them named 28 February as the date.

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/elections/2019/01/three-cabinet-ministers-
Our country is fckd match thread on 15:16 - Jan 18 with 2140 viewsMytch_QPR

Our country is fckd match thread on 13:59 - Jan 18 by FDC

Stephen Bush saying the Tories are at least making preparations for an election. He's a pretty grounded journalist, and from the centre left -- certainly no Corbyn cheer leader.

If Corbyn pulls this off will he get the plaudits for having played this exactly right I wonder?

nine government ministers, three of whom are in the cabinet, have instructed their constituency associations to prepare for an early election, the New Statesman has learnt. Four of them named 28 February as the date.

https://www.newstatesman.com/politics/elections/2019/01/three-cabinet-ministers-

Don't ... please don't.

Anyway, is there enough time between now and 28 Feb?
If there's any truth in this I can't see what May is thinking after the last 'snap' election. Neither party would get enough votes for an outright win so it would be deadlock again (most likely) and more public money spent.

"Thank you for supporting Queens Park Rangers Steep Staircase"... and I thought I'd signed up for a rollercoaster.
Poll: Next temporary manager (the wheel of misfortune) - as requested by 18 Stone

Our country is fckd match thread on 16:23 - Jan 18 with 2079 viewsjonno

Our country is fckd match thread on 12:15 - Jan 18 by kensalriser

It would be a bit silly of Labour to think immigrants will vote for it, as only UK, Irish and qualifying Commonwealth citizens can vote in general elections.

Counter-intuitively, studies have shown there is no evidence that immigration has suppressed wages in recent years.

Labour is still much more friendly for ordinary working people than the Conservatives, although of course it's the Lib Dems who are largely responsible for removing much of the burden of income tax from the low-paid.

Err....once you gain citizenship in the UK you are entitled to vote, and this is what the Labour party anticipated happening with a resulting increase in votes for them. Plenty of immigrants apply for and obtain citizenship. It was recently shown that immigration has actually suppressed wages in certain areas of the country - and these areas generally had a larger vote for leave in the referendum. Also, the CBI recently stated that wages have started to increase now as a result of fewer EU immigrants coming into the country, and more departing, as a result of the referendum result.
Our country is fckd match thread on 18:33 - Jan 18 with 1979 viewsCiderwithRsie

Our country is fckd match thread on 11:19 - Jan 18 by Silverfoxqpr

Agreed. If the amnesty fails to materialise we can just opt for the 'ignore button' on every user bar Brian Mcarthy for 90 minutes.

Fair points. I'm off to bump the processed food, sweets and dodgy lagers thread as an alternative.
Our country is fckd match thread on 20:23 - Jan 18 with 1912 viewskensalriser

Our country is fckd match thread on 16:23 - Jan 18 by jonno

Err....once you gain citizenship in the UK you are entitled to vote, and this is what the Labour party anticipated happening with a resulting increase in votes for them. Plenty of immigrants apply for and obtain citizenship. It was recently shown that immigration has actually suppressed wages in certain areas of the country - and these areas generally had a larger vote for leave in the referendum. Also, the CBI recently stated that wages have started to increase now as a result of fewer EU immigrants coming into the country, and more departing, as a result of the referendum result.

https://www.niesr.ac.uk/blog/how-small-small-impact-immigration-uk-wages

So why have the Conservatives allowed immigration to continue to increase?

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Our country is fckd match thread on 20:24 - Jan 18 with 1907 viewsWatford_Ranger

Our country is fckd match thread on 20:23 - Jan 18 by kensalriser

https://www.niesr.ac.uk/blog/how-small-small-impact-immigration-uk-wages

So why have the Conservatives allowed immigration to continue to increase?

Because in reality they aren’t thick and realise how much we need it.
Our country is fckd match thread on 23:27 - Jan 18 with 1833 viewsToast_R

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024