Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our country is fckd match thread 20:04 - Jan 15 with 202281 viewsBlackCrowe

On one side we have a spineless and rudderless government full of self-serving narcissistic cnts utterly divided.

On the other side we have spineless and rudderless opposition full of self-serving narcissistic cnts utterly divided.

Can someone please show us a third way beyond flipping Vince. Failing a Chuka et al third way then Disco, you're the man no to save us from jezwecan, Diane, Sneery Emily and McDonnell no?
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 20:05]

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Our country is fckd match thread on 08:27 - Feb 9 with 2498 viewsWatford_Ranger

Our country is fckd match thread on 00:54 - Feb 9 by Tearsofrage

Genuinely sad that the UK has painted itself into a "No Deal" corner - please God Not but that the vote, which was advisory, has now become a sacrosanct neo-religious absolute truth along the lines of " The people have spoken". What pathetic and genuinely dangerously crass nonsense peddled by certain areas of the media! The concept that an electorate is dis-empowered from changing its mind is completely against all elements of parliamentary democracy. How many votes did it take for the Swiss to recognise they'd got it wrong about female enfranchisement? Electorates develop. They don't remain static. What we are viewing is the triumph of the chancers who have little idea about the harm a no deal-exit will cause. The mantra of "project fear" is convenient for the likes of Rees-Mogg, Johnson and Gove who will make an enormous financial killing from the collapse of the UK currency. Meanwhile the "Mail" and "Sun" -reading population is deceived into believing that a blue passport `will ensure the return of the good times. Cheap and nasty patriotism invoking Agincourt, Waterloo and the 1966 World Cup are simple means of conning the victims of austerity that a return to these times will solve years of failure to invest in massive areas of the country. Sometimes when you stand at the edge of a cliff,you need to ignore the advice of the nutter behind you to jump - cos it can't get any worse, can it?

Brexit is the biggest cult this country has ever seen.
Our country is fckd match thread on 08:42 - Feb 9 with 2481 viewsMiss_Terraces

Our country is fckd match thread on 08:27 - Feb 9 by Watford_Ranger

Brexit is the biggest cult this country has ever seen.

Nah, Brexit maybe a cult, eu is a far bigger one!

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

Our country is fckd match thread on 08:45 - Feb 9 with 2478 viewsWatford_Ranger

Our country is fckd match thread on 08:42 - Feb 9 by Miss_Terraces

Nah, Brexit maybe a cult, eu is a far bigger one!

The EU has provided demonstrable benefits across this country and the continent. Some people might still not like it but that can’t be denied. Brexit is something people believe will benefit them somehow despite all evidence pointing to the contrary.
Our country is fckd match thread on 08:46 - Feb 9 with 2477 viewsGloryHunter

Our country is fckd match thread on 13:33 - Feb 8 by Snipper

Fcuk me, talk about Armageddon and scare mongering 101.

What about the European countries not part of the EU ? I’m pretty sure that they’re not starving to death or in very short supply of medicines.

If we were only wanting to join this EU bollocks now, and we were having a referendum about joining, I reckon it’d be an 80% vote to not join.

The EU is a busted flush.

Of those countries I've only visited Switzerland recently. My niece lives in Zurich and almost everything is more expensive than in Germany. Everyone drives to Germany to fill up with petrol and do food shopping. They're only allowed to bring back 2 kilos of meat, and get stopped and searched at the border.
Our country is fckd match thread on 09:13 - Feb 10 with 2337 viewsGloryHunter

250 UK firms planning move to Amsterdam. 1,900 jobs already lost.
https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/feb/09/brexit-uk-companies-discuss-mov
Our country is fckd match thread on 10:29 - Feb 10 with 2289 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

This thread:

Our country is fckd match thread on 10:32 - Feb 10 with 2285 viewsDiscodroids

Just what we need on this forum after yesterday. The resurrection of this infinite midnight express wheel thread on a sunday fu cking Morning.

whatever opinion one holds, It's about as welcome on this day of rest as a Twiglet placed in tantric ley lines of ones ball sac by a congolese fem dom plying her skin trade in the flat above Planet of the grapes wine bar in Leadenhall market.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

Our country is fckd match thread on 12:05 - Feb 10 with 2235 views2Thomas2Bowles

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Login to get fewer ads

Our country is fckd match thread on 18:30 - Feb 14 with 2090 viewsWatfordR

Quite clearly more Project Fear, unsubstantiated rubbish here when we all know the UK is set to accelerate into the stratosphere after Brexit:

https://www.theguardian.com/business/2019/feb/14/brexit-has-cost-uk-economy-at-l
Our country is fckd match thread on 19:51 - Feb 14 with 2044 viewsQPR_John

Anybody watching the 3 part documentary Inside Europe ten year of turmoil. Part two is very interesting and shows how the EU bullied Greece during their financial crises.
Our country is fckd match thread on 21:13 - Feb 14 with 2001 viewsMiss_Terraces

Our country is fckd match thread on 08:45 - Feb 9 by Watford_Ranger

The EU has provided demonstrable benefits across this country and the continent. Some people might still not like it but that can’t be denied. Brexit is something people believe will benefit them somehow despite all evidence pointing to the contrary.

Do you remember the 90's?

Our country is fckd match thread on 21:17 - Feb 14 with 1990 viewsWatford_Ranger

Our country is fckd match thread on 21:13 - Feb 14 by Miss_Terraces

Do you remember the 90's?

Depending on whether you mean early, mid or late I was shtting my nappy, learning to read or experiencing for the first time the cruel disappointment that is following QPR. Why?
Our country is fckd match thread on 21:23 - Feb 14 with 1975 viewsBoston

Our country is fckd match thread on 21:17 - Feb 14 by Watford_Ranger

Depending on whether you mean early, mid or late I was shtting my nappy, learning to read or experiencing for the first time the cruel disappointment that is following QPR. Why?

Whatever happens, just lie back and think of Watford.

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Our country is fckd match thread on 21:48 - Feb 14 with 1958 viewsMiss_Terraces

Our country is fckd match thread on 21:17 - Feb 14 by Watford_Ranger

What we had then, what we have now.
We have not gone forward, have we?

Our country is fckd match thread on 21:59 - Feb 14 with 1928 viewsWatford_Ranger

Our country is fckd match thread on 21:48 - Feb 14 by Miss_Terraces

What we had then, what we have now.
We have not gone forward, have we?

That’s a bit vague but if you mean in terms of standard of living I don’t see how you can blame the EU for that or at least not apportioning the vast majority of the blame to our government(s) and wider global factors like the economic crisis.

I was thinking more though about the poorer parts of the country that EU money has helped. The simple idiots who voted Leave and immediately sought assurances the Tory party would replace those funds.
Our country is fckd match thread on 22:03 - Feb 14 with 1920 viewsMiss_Terraces

Our country is fckd match thread on 21:59 - Feb 14 by Watford_Ranger

That’s a bit vague but if you mean in terms of standard of living I don’t see how you can blame the EU for that or at least not apportioning the vast majority of the blame to our government(s) and wider global factors like the economic crisis.

I was thinking more though about the poorer parts of the country that EU money has helped. The simple idiots who voted Leave and immediately sought assurances the Tory party would replace those funds.

Blame 27 national governments or blame one European government?
Both

Our country is fckd match thread on 22:08 - Feb 14 with 1895 viewsQPR_John

The EU has no money they only distribute that given by the members of which we are a net contributer. I see you have not seen the documentary I mentioned in an earlier post
[Post edited 14 Feb 2019 22:09]
Our country is fckd match thread on 22:17 - Feb 14 with 1879 viewsloftboy

In layman’s terms for every tenner we give the EU we get a couple of quid back, after we leave we will no longer be paying the ten quid so will not be missing anything they pay us as it’s less than we currently pay in.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Our country is fckd match thread on 22:18 - Feb 14 with 1870 viewsGloryHunter

Our country is fckd match thread on 22:08 - Feb 14 by QPR_John

The EU has no money they only distribute that given by the members of which we are a net contributer. I see you have not seen the documentary I mentioned in an earlier post
[Post edited 14 Feb 2019 22:09]

England - and specifically London and the South East - is a "net contributor" to the rest of the UK. Would you like that to stop as well?
Our country is fckd match thread on 22:22 - Feb 14 with 1856 viewsQPR_John

Our country is fckd match thread on 22:18 - Feb 14 by GloryHunter

England - and specifically London and the South East - is a "net contributor" to the rest of the UK. Would you like that to stop as well?

No because we are a United Kingdom under one ELECTED government. But what has that to do with questioning the concept of EU money
[Post edited 14 Feb 2019 22:24]
Our country is fckd match thread on 22:27 - Feb 14 with 1849 viewsWatford_Ranger

Our country is fckd match thread on 22:17 - Feb 14 by loftboy

In layman’s terms for every tenner we give the EU we get a couple of quid back, after we leave we will no longer be paying the ten quid so will not be missing anything they pay us as it’s less than we currently pay in.

Sorry, mate, honestly that’s a painfully over-simplified way to look at it. There is no sufficient layman’s terms way of viewing this- the likes of Farage want it to be boiled down that simply for a reason. The official Leave campaign did a brilliant job of boiling it all down to catchy headlines. Fair play as they had a job to do but it shouldn’t still be like that during the autopsy.

Some of that money goes towards being part joint bodies, regulations etc. that will need to be replaced. There’s an obvious huge cash value associated with that not to mention the expertise we lose from loosening ties with our neighbours. The potential reduced opportunity for us to study and live and work abroad.
Our country is fckd match thread on 22:31 - Feb 14 with 1842 viewsWatford_Ranger

Our country is fckd match thread on 22:03 - Feb 14 by Miss_Terraces

Blame 27 national governments or blame one European government?
Both

What influence does the EU really have on that? They don’t dictate to the Tories how to reduce equality and hammer us plebs.
Our country is fckd match thread on 22:42 - Feb 14 with 1824 viewsMiss_Terraces

Our country is fckd match thread on 22:31 - Feb 14 by Watford_Ranger

What influence does the EU really have on that? They don’t dictate to the Tories how to reduce equality and hammer us plebs.

The eu and the tories are on the same side.
Not ours.

Our country is fckd match thread on 22:55 - Feb 14 with 1805 viewsWatford_Ranger

Our country is fckd match thread on 22:42 - Feb 14 by Miss_Terraces

The eu and the tories are on the same side.
Not ours.

Who in your view is on our side?

Farage? Rees-Mogg?
[Post edited 14 Feb 2019 22:55]
Our country is fckd match thread on 22:55 - Feb 14 with 1802 viewscolinallcars

Our country is fckd match thread on 22:22 - Feb 14 by QPR_John

No because we are a United Kingdom under one ELECTED government. But what has that to do with questioning the concept of EU money
[Post edited 14 Feb 2019 22:24]

Elected government eh ? Sounds good in principle but ask people in northern towns who had to put up with Thatcher in the eighties without voting for her. When the EU offered money for the deprived areas of the north, Thatcher turned it down saying there were no deprived areas in the UK.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024