Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our country is fckd match thread 20:04 - Jan 15 with 206395 viewsBlackCrowe

On one side we have a spineless and rudderless government full of self-serving narcissistic cnts utterly divided.

On the other side we have spineless and rudderless opposition full of self-serving narcissistic cnts utterly divided.

Can someone please show us a third way beyond flipping Vince. Failing a Chuka et al third way then Disco, you're the man no to save us from jezwecan, Diane, Sneery Emily and McDonnell no?
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 20:05]

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Our country is fckd match thread on 21:43 - Jan 15 with 2945 viewsdaveB

Our country is fckd match thread on 21:29 - Jan 15 by BazzaInTheLoft

Labour will be the biggest party at the next election. That’s all you need to be elected. 1 more seat than the Tories and we’re in.

For what it’s worth TM will probably win her NC vote by 8-10. But her stock can not get any lower than this. It’s not the only way to get a early election.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 21:31]

I'm not convinced they will be especially if the election is in 3 years, Tories will have a different leader by then. Only way he'd get in is with the help of the SNP but even they might not get as many seats as last time
Our country is fckd match thread on 21:46 - Jan 15 with 2929 viewsted_hendrix

Maybe time to roll a spliff.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Our country is fckd match thread on 21:49 - Jan 15 with 2921 viewsDWQPR

Our country is fckd match thread on 21:32 - Jan 15 by plasmahoop

I agree with your sentiment, but a no deal brexit is a disaster. The reason being, we currently enjoy free trade deals with the eu, but also we benefit from 45 ish trade deals with other non eu countries that the eu has. We would lose the lot and wto tariffs which range from 3 to 40 percent would kick in. I just wished they'd voted for the deal, both of the main parties are just voting for their own vanities and not the interests of the country

And it would be up to the U.K. the decide whether to collect those tariffs or not and the same would go for those 40 odd other countries. And as for the EU considering that we import more than we export to them we would be tariff positive if we decided to impose them which would help with export subsidies. It does make me laugh when people tell me we will be heading for economic meltdown in a no deal scenario. Will someone please explain to me the facts behind this theory.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Our country is fckd match thread on 21:52 - Jan 15 with 2919 viewsWatfordR

Our country is fckd match thread on 21:27 - Jan 15 by BazzaInTheLoft

You don’t think Czech spy, IRA sympathising, terrorist wreath laying, flimsy coat wearing, milk in the tea first, Jeremy Corbyn hasn’t been gimp slapped since his election as Labour leader?

Brexit is not the only issue in town. Nurses and school kids are eating out of bins, and we’ve ALL taken a relative paycut since 2008 etc.

Mate, his experience as Labour leader would be like a tea party compared to being PM in this particular era. Literally everyone around you trying to pull your strides down 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Utterly primal stuff.

And whilst I agree that Brexit shouldn't be the only issue in town, it simply is, as far as determining how people vote. The political landscape isn't Red or Blue anymore. It's Remain or Leave. The last three GEs have all given us winning parties with unworkable majorities, simply because there aren't any political leaders in whom the public can believe anymore. Neither the Tories nor Labour present an option behind which Remainers or Leavers have a political representation.

And of course I can't let this point slide by. If we have issues where people have gotten poorer over the last decade, and every medium to long term forecast suggests Brexit means the UK will be worse off financially, why would the electorate want to support Brexit?
Our country is fckd match thread on 21:54 - Jan 15 with 2909 viewsDWQPR

Our country is fckd match thread on 21:29 - Jan 15 by BazzaInTheLoft

Labour will be the biggest party at the next election. That’s all you need to be elected. 1 more seat than the Tories and we’re in.

For what it’s worth TM will probably win her NC vote by 8-10. But her stock can not get any lower than this. It’s not the only way to get a early election.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 21:31]

Really. With the state the Tories are in at the moment Labour should have a good 15 point lead in the opinion polls and not be neck and neck. They will never get in with Corbyn as there are too many people in this country that could never trust him and with good reason. He has no loyalty to anyone but expects total loyalty from everyone. The Tories only have to install Boris as leader prior to an election and the game will be over for Corbyn.

Our country is fckd match thread on 21:57 - Jan 15 with 2899 viewsWatfordR

Our country is fckd match thread on 21:35 - Jan 15 by BazzaInTheLoft

I voted Remain and would not vote for the Lib Dem’s. They don’t own Remain. Uber remainers might, but they didn’t vote for them in 2017 when it was in their manifesto so why would they do it now?

They need to be the biggest party in 335 (or the most) seats not have the biggest vote share anyway. That’s how FPtP works.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 21:37]

Tories got 320 seats from 13million + votes. Any party polling 16million + votes in a GE would command a significant majority. That was my point
Our country is fckd match thread on 21:58 - Jan 15 with 2895 viewsrobith

Our country is fckd match thread on 21:30 - Jan 15 by WatfordR

Can't see a GE producing a decisive working majority for any party until Brexit goes away.

Unless maybe Lib Dems positions themselves singularly as the party of Remain. Potentially 16 million + votes to be had, with the Leave votes split between Tories and Labour.

All that will happen there is hardcore Remainers vote Lib Dem, creating a Tory majority enabling Brexit, which they will then blame on Corbyn because tbh, the hardcore Remain movement are some of the most deranged people I've ever encountered
Our country is fckd match thread on 22:00 - Jan 15 with 2878 viewsBluce_Ree

Corbyn seems like a nice enough bloke with some proper Labour values, rather than being a Tory in c*nt's clothing like everyone since Blair. But people don't like him because he sort of looks like a tramp.

May's fked. If Rhys-C*nt or Boris C*ntson get in somehow then it'll be worse.

All this because Europe demanded we had straighter bananas.

It's all shite.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Login to get fewer ads

Our country is fckd match thread on 22:04 - Jan 15 with 2864 viewsplasmahoop

Our country is fckd match thread on 21:49 - Jan 15 by DWQPR

And it would be up to the U.K. the decide whether to collect those tariffs or not and the same would go for those 40 odd other countries. And as for the EU considering that we import more than we export to them we would be tariff positive if we decided to impose them which would help with export subsidies. It does make me laugh when people tell me we will be heading for economic meltdown in a no deal scenario. Will someone please explain to me the facts behind this theory.

I see what you mean, but surely suddenly having to start from scratch trade deal wise with 70 plus countries isn't desirable. We'd basically be having a trade war with a large part of the world. We might recover eventually, but wouldn't it have been better to just agree the sodding deal?
Our country is fckd match thread on 22:08 - Jan 15 with 2845 viewsWatfordR

Our country is fckd match thread on 21:58 - Jan 15 by robith

All that will happen there is hardcore Remainers vote Lib Dem, creating a Tory majority enabling Brexit, which they will then blame on Corbyn because tbh, the hardcore Remain movement are some of the most deranged people I've ever encountered

Well the point I'm making is that since the Referendum, those who voted Remain have had no political representation whatsoever. If there is significant enough support amongst the electorate for Remain, any party offering a Remain manifesto would take votes from Tories and Labour alike, and potentially could break the hung parliament situation we have now, if they managed a campaign with enough energy and imagination.

And I think it's a little disingenuous to implicitly suggest that there aren't more than a few deranged individuals on the Leave side of the campaign
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 22:11]
Our country is fckd match thread on 22:10 - Jan 15 with 2827 viewsDavieQPR

Doesn't matter what you think you do not have access to M.P.s like big business and they want to stay in EU because of lower wages. That's why the South voted stay and the effected parts of the Country voted Leave. They are just looking after their mates who will give them a nice Directorship when they retire from politics.
Our country is fckd match thread on 22:13 - Jan 15 with 2819 viewsdaveB

Our country is fckd match thread on 21:49 - Jan 15 by DWQPR

no deal isn't an option really, would never get through parliment and no one in power seems to want it, just won't happen
Our country is fckd match thread on 22:18 - Jan 15 with 2800 viewsLythamR

Our country is fckd match thread on 21:46 - Jan 15 by ted_hendrix

Maybe time to roll a spliff.

Done

ok I think ive got a handle on this now

May is HR Pufnstuf
Junkers is Witchie poo
I am Jimmy
Freddy the flute is Brexit
The UK is Living Island

All makes sense now
Our country is fckd match thread on 22:18 - Jan 15 with 2800 viewsDejR_vu

Our country is fckd match thread on 21:32 - Jan 15 by plasmahoop

I agree with your sentiment, but a no deal brexit is a disaster. The reason being, we currently enjoy free trade deals with the eu, but also we benefit from 45 ish trade deals with other non eu countries that the eu has. We would lose the lot and wto tariffs which range from 3 to 40 percent would kick in. I just wished they'd voted for the deal, both of the main parties are just voting for their own vanities and not the interests of the country

Article 24 GATT allows for zero tariffs whilst a trade agreement is negotiated I believe.

Poll: Season tickets - who’s renewing?

Our country is fckd match thread on 22:19 - Jan 15 with 2791 viewsconnell10

Whats that coming over the hill BORIS JOHNSON, BORIS JOHNSON! Run for your fking lives!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Our country is fckd match thread on 22:23 - Jan 15 with 2780 viewsFDC

Our country is fckd match thread on 21:52 - Jan 15 by WatfordR

Mate, his experience as Labour leader would be like a tea party compared to being PM in this particular era. Literally everyone around you trying to pull your strides down 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Utterly primal stuff.

And whilst I agree that Brexit shouldn't be the only issue in town, it simply is, as far as determining how people vote. The political landscape isn't Red or Blue anymore. It's Remain or Leave. The last three GEs have all given us winning parties with unworkable majorities, simply because there aren't any political leaders in whom the public can believe anymore. Neither the Tories nor Labour present an option behind which Remainers or Leavers have a political representation.

And of course I can't let this point slide by. If we have issues where people have gotten poorer over the last decade, and every medium to long term forecast suggests Brexit means the UK will be worse off financially, why would the electorate want to support Brexit?

I'm not so sure that's true about Brexit being the only issue in town. Maybe for a large minority of the population, but not the majority.

Obviously it is all anyone ever talks about on telly, and I'll admit being fairly consumed by the drama of it all myself. But if it really was all the 40% of the population who support Labour cared about, presumably that support would have massively dropped off by now, because most of them are pro 2nd ref / Remain, whilst the Labour leadership are sticking to their "honour the referendum result" line.

I think most people, and certainly Labour's core vote, and in particular the young, care more about the things Bazza mentioned, and are willing to compromise over the Brexit question because they identify a Labour government as more imprtant to their material conditions ultimately.
Our country is fckd match thread on 22:23 - Jan 15 with 2779 viewscolinallcars

Our country is fckd match thread on 22:13 - Jan 15 by daveB

no deal isn't an option really, would never get through parliment and no one in power seems to want it, just won't happen

Agreed. TM can with the consent of the house revoke article 50 and say to the public that no-deal would be disaster so the referendum result can be shelved. There'd be trouble with demonstrations if not riots.
Our country is fckd match thread on 22:28 - Jan 15 with 2757 viewsEsox_Lucius

The referendum wasn't a mandate though was it? it was just a referendum with a non binding result.

The grass is always greener.

Our country is fckd match thread on 22:30 - Jan 15 with 2754 viewsQPR_John

Our country is fckd match thread on 22:08 - Jan 15 by WatfordR

Well the point I'm making is that since the Referendum, those who voted Remain have had no political representation whatsoever. If there is significant enough support amongst the electorate for Remain, any party offering a Remain manifesto would take votes from Tories and Labour alike, and potentially could break the hung parliament situation we have now, if they managed a campaign with enough energy and imagination.

And I think it's a little disingenuous to implicitly suggest that there aren't more than a few deranged individuals on the Leave side of the campaign
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 22:11]

"Well the point I'm making is that since the Referendum, those who voted Remain have had no political representation whatsoever."

Really. Since the referendum the majority of MPs have backed the remain side not to mention those responsible for negotiating with the EU.
Our country is fckd match thread on 22:42 - Jan 15 with 2724 viewscolinallcars

Our country is fckd match thread on 22:30 - Jan 15 by QPR_John

"Well the point I'm making is that since the Referendum, those who voted Remain have had no political representation whatsoever."

Really. Since the referendum the majority of MPs have backed the remain side not to mention those responsible for negotiating with the EU.

I thought TM only selected MP's that supported Brexit for her negotiating team ?
Our country is fckd match thread on 22:47 - Jan 15 with 2713 viewsbosh67

Can we not put Gareth Southgate in charge? He did a pretty good job at The World Cup.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Our country is fckd match thread on 22:49 - Jan 15 with 2710 viewsDWQPR

Our country is fckd match thread on 22:13 - Jan 15 by daveB

It very much is an option. Whatever parliament tries to amend with regards to the agreement May made with the EU it is still the only deal on the table and any amendments that then gets a majority vote in Parliament still would need to be ratified by the 27 countries of the EU. Which is highly unlikely, therefore I would suspect that no deal is now the only deal. Bring it on. The loss of £39billion for the EU is too much to ignore.

Our country is fckd match thread on 22:50 - Jan 15 with 2711 viewsWatfordR

Our country is fckd match thread on 22:23 - Jan 15 by FDC

I'm not so sure that's true about Brexit being the only issue in town. Maybe for a large minority of the population, but not the majority.

Obviously it is all anyone ever talks about on telly, and I'll admit being fairly consumed by the drama of it all myself. But if it really was all the 40% of the population who support Labour cared about, presumably that support would have massively dropped off by now, because most of them are pro 2nd ref / Remain, whilst the Labour leadership are sticking to their "honour the referendum result" line.

I think most people, and certainly Labour's core vote, and in particular the young, care more about the things Bazza mentioned, and are willing to compromise over the Brexit question because they identify a Labour government as more imprtant to their material conditions ultimately.

Look I would describe myself traditionally as a Labour voter. But there isn't anyone out there, Labour, Tory or any other party, who looks like they have any credible vision for how to improve the material conditions under which UK citizens live. That's why I don't think you're going to see another GE produce a government with a decisive majority. Take Brexit out of the reckoning, and you'd likely have one of the smallest voter turnout for a GE in many decades.

The last three elections have produced slim to zero majorities for any party to govern effectively. That's why small factions of MPs can hold governments to ransom, and its ultimately how we've ended up in this mess.

But we are not going to improve anyone's living standards by taking the country in a direction that makes us economically weaker. That's why, whether we like it or not, Brexit is the most important political issue in town, For now, and until it is sorted one way or the other.
Our country is fckd match thread on 22:59 - Jan 15 with 2695 viewsWatfordR

Our country is fckd match thread on 22:49 - Jan 15 by DWQPR

It very much is an option. Whatever parliament tries to amend with regards to the agreement May made with the EU it is still the only deal on the table and any amendments that then gets a majority vote in Parliament still would need to be ratified by the 27 countries of the EU. Which is highly unlikely, therefore I would suspect that no deal is now the only deal. Bring it on. The loss of £39billion for the EU is too much to ignore.

Re the £39billion. If you owed someone a large amount of money, do you think that you stop owing it just because you say you're not going to pay it?

And if it becomes public knowledge that you've welched on your debt, do you imagine you'd be able to borrow from anyone else? And if anyone decided to lend to you, do you imagine that they wouldn't be charging you a very hefty rate of interest?
Our country is fckd match thread on 23:07 - Jan 15 with 2677 viewsderbyhoop

Our country is fckd match thread on 20:33 - Jan 15 by 2Thomas2Bowles

When you are the PM that does not want to leave the EU, take a deal to Parliament you know will get rejected

The whole thing is a scam cooked up by May and the EU hoping they can get another Referendum as they did with Irland.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 20:34]

If you're ever asked to choose between conspiracy and cock-up, go for the latter every time.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 23:08]

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024