Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our country is fckd match thread 20:04 - Jan 15 with 204902 viewsBlackCrowe

On one side we have a spineless and rudderless government full of self-serving narcissistic cnts utterly divided.

On the other side we have spineless and rudderless opposition full of self-serving narcissistic cnts utterly divided.

Can someone please show us a third way beyond flipping Vince. Failing a Chuka et al third way then Disco, you're the man no to save us from jezwecan, Diane, Sneery Emily and McDonnell no?
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 20:05]

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Our country is fckd match thread on 14:58 - Mar 13 with 2505 viewscolinallcars

It will be interesting to see how many vote for a no deal Brexit and who they are. I doubt if there'll be many, but I'm sure there'll be a few reckless nutters.
Our country is fckd match thread on 15:01 - Mar 13 with 2492 viewshopphoops

Brexit, condensed.

UK: We want out, we're leaving in March 2019!
EU: OK, if that's what you want, let's sit down and work out your commitments till then.
UK: NGGGç*GEU&%çUUGHTSA+*ç*çDSFDADSF+*ç&"+%+"çç+*+*"
EU: Of course you're aware you'll have to withdraw from the Belfast Agreement, from our point of view these two alternatives would not be a problem if that's what you'd prefer.

March 2019:
EU: Of course, if you want to stay after all, we need to look again at your commitments.
EU: Oh FFS.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Our country is fckd match thread on 15:03 - Mar 13 with 2482 viewsloftboy

Our country is fckd match thread on 14:58 - Mar 13 by colinallcars

It will be interesting to see how many vote for a no deal Brexit and who they are. I doubt if there'll be many, but I'm sure there'll be a few reckless nutters.

Last night there were 75 tories and 10 DUP who voted against the government, if all those prefer no deal over a bad deal or remaining then it could be interesting.
[Post edited 13 Mar 2019 15:03]

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Our country is fckd match thread on 16:02 - Mar 13 with 2386 viewsCFW

Our country is fckd match thread on 15:01 - Mar 13 by hopphoops

Brexit, condensed.

UK: We want out, we're leaving in March 2019!
EU: OK, if that's what you want, let's sit down and work out your commitments till then.
EU: Of course you're aware you'll have to withdraw from the Belfast Agreement, from our point of view these two alternatives would not be a problem if that's what you'd prefer.

March 2019:
EU: Of course, if you want to stay after all, we need to look again at your commitments.
EU: Oh FFS.

OR

Cameron: We want to make changes to our terms and conditions in relation with the EU. We are not asking for much but just give me something I can go back to the Uk and present.
EU or rather France & Germany: No
Cameron: I really need some help here or I will have to call a referendum.
EU or rather France & Germany: We do not like the UK - you voted against joining the Euro and are not one of us so go fu*k yourself.
UK: We voted to leave.
EU or rather France & Germany: You do not quite understand this is not a club you can leave.
UK: No deal is better than a bad deal so what do you think of that one?
EU or rather France & Germany: Oh shite does that mean we will have to pay more into the pot to subsidise all the other failing economies? Well who cares because you are not leaving and the good old gravy train will keep on running.
UK: But we have to leave as the people have voted to leave by a majority that is democratic.
EU or rather France & Germany: We have a good idea - sign up for this agreement and we can continue to shaft you for years to come and you will have no say in the matter or any voting rights.
Our country is fckd match thread on 16:10 - Mar 13 with 2367 viewsBasingstokeR

Our country is fckd match thread on 16:02 - Mar 13 by CFW

OR

Cameron: We want to make changes to our terms and conditions in relation with the EU. We are not asking for much but just give me something I can go back to the Uk and present.
EU or rather France & Germany: We do not like the UK - you voted against joining the Euro and are not one of us so go fu*k yourself.
EU or rather France & Germany: You do not quite understand this is not a club you can leave.
EU or rather France & Germany: Oh shite does that mean we will have to pay more into the pot to subsidise all the other failing economies? Well who cares because you are not leaving and the good old gravy train will keep on running.
UK: But we have to leave as the people have voted to leave by a majority that is democratic.
EU or rather France & Germany: We have a good idea - sign up for this agreement and we can continue to shaft you for years to come and you will have no say in the matter or any voting rights.

One issue is quite a few people believe this actually truly represents what happened instead of it being a joke/exaggerated for effect comment.
Our country is fckd match thread on 16:13 - Mar 13 with 2364 viewshopphoops

Our country is fckd match thread on 16:02 - Mar 13 by CFW

OR

Right you are.

EU: Of course the Irish border question will need a real solution even if you leave without sorting it first. As will many other issues.

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Our country is fckd match thread on 19:21 - Mar 13 with 2230 viewscolinallcars

So, 308 Voted to leave with no deal. Can't believ there were that many clowns.....
Our country is fckd match thread on 19:36 - Mar 13 with 2214 viewsloftboy

Our country is fckd match thread on 19:21 - Mar 13 by colinallcars

So, 308 Voted to leave with no deal. Can't believ there were that many clowns.....

No delay though, Mays deal back on the table within a week I reckon

Login to get fewer ads

Our country is fckd match thread on 19:44 - Mar 13 with 2198 viewsderbyhoop

Surely May's deal is dead in the water. But she is so stubborn she is probably preparing to have a 3rd meaningful vote.
The MPs rejection of no-deal is not legally binding.
The default option, as things stand, is that we leave the EU on March 29 with or without a deal.
And that looks more and more like no-deal. 1 poll I saw today said 56% of the public would like that. They are thoroughly fed up with the delay.
But that last statistic just shows me that the UK public have absolutely no idea how much impact a crash out would have on the UK. Just go and read the UK Government's own advice to see just how bad things are likely to be under no-deal. Alternatively read Article 50 , para 3 which states that "all treaties shall cease to apply". Just step back and consider exactly what that means.

Tomorrow, MPs will, almost certainly, request an extension to A50. All that does is generate 2 major questions. How long for? What is the extension for?

For me there are 2 options left - we leave without a deal and live with the consequences, however, painful. Or we revoke Article 50 and accept the howls of outrage from those who fell betrayed - many of whom have failed to accept any responsibility for the mess and appear to be against everything.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Our country is fckd match thread on 20:21 - Mar 13 with 2168 viewsBluce_Ree

Derby, regarding your last sentence I'm not sure that's entirely fair. People were presented with a choice, made it and then watched this government fk it up entirely. I'm not sure that makes them anti-everything.

I voted to remain BTW.

ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE THROUGH MARTI THE REDEEMER WHO STRENGTHENS ME.

Our country is fckd match thread on 20:55 - Mar 13 with 2118 viewsradfords

Our country is fckd match thread on 20:21 - Mar 13 by Bluce_Ree

Derby, regarding your last sentence I'm not sure that's entirely fair. People were presented with a choice, made it and then watched this government fk it up entirely. I'm not sure that makes them anti-everything.

I voted to remain BTW.

The problem is that the choice that was offered was not an informed choice.
Democracy works when people can make informed choices based on facts not fantasies.
Lets remember that we are a tiny island living above our means which considers the reduction in the growth of our debts as economic progress.
Our country is fckd match thread on 21:01 - Mar 13 with 2105 viewsdistortR

Our country is fckd match thread on 20:55 - Mar 13 by radfords

The problem is that the choice that was offered was not an informed choice.
Democracy works when people can make informed choices based on facts not fantasies.
Lets remember that we are a tiny island living above our means which considers the reduction in the growth of our debts as economic progress.

'facts' relating to the imposed reality we live in.

I'm going to lie down now.
Our country is fckd match thread on 21:40 - Mar 13 with 2057 viewsitsbiga

C n u t s

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Our country is fckd match thread on 21:46 - Mar 13 with 2030 viewsradfords

Our country is fckd match thread on 21:01 - Mar 13 by distortR

'facts' relating to the imposed reality we live in.

I'm going to lie down now.

The facts I refer to is the consequences of each choice.
The facts that dissatisfaction can be addressed instead of just promised.
Our country is fckd match thread on 07:26 - Mar 14 with 1873 viewsdistortR

Our country is fckd match thread on 21:46 - Mar 13 by radfords

The facts I refer to is the consequences of each choice.
The facts that dissatisfaction can be addressed instead of just promised.

'The consequences of each choice' are not decided by the voter.

I'm approaching this from the 'bigger picture', not through brexit lenses
Our country is fckd match thread on 08:16 - Mar 14 with 1831 viewsradfords

Our country is fckd match thread on 07:26 - Mar 14 by distortR

'The consequences of each choice' are not decided by the voter.

I'm approaching this from the 'bigger picture', not through brexit lenses

If the voter is not informed on what happens as a result of their decision then you are correct.
A referendum purports to ask the voters opinion but in the absence of information is flawed.
All decisions are based on the information available.
If they are not informed of the consequences then what is the basis for any decision?

An example of this is the transfer pension fiasco where people made decisions in the absence of adequate information on the consequences of their decision .
They were vulnerable to exploitation and unassisted by the lawmakers who created an uncontrolled opportunity for the sharks.

I don't understand your "bigger picture" comment.
Our country is fckd match thread on 17:08 - Mar 14 with 1725 viewsQPR_John

Our country is fckd match thread on 11:12 - Mar 13 by traininvain

That's quite a leap. Let's see what happens.

Seeing the smile on Ken Clarke face while being interviewed this morning I think a lot of people are looking forward to us not leaving the EU
Our country is fckd match thread on 08:59 - Mar 15 with 1584 viewscolinallcars

Some in the media are saying the EU may demand a second referendum before agreeing to an extension to Article 50. That would take the pressure off government who would probably like ot but didn't want to call it.
Our country is fckd match thread on 11:04 - Mar 15 with 1543 viewsloftboy

Our country is fckd match thread on 08:59 - Mar 15 by colinallcars

Some in the media are saying the EU may demand a second referendum before agreeing to an extension to Article 50. That would take the pressure off government who would probably like ot but didn't want to call it.

Of course they will, it’s Ireland all over again, keep voting until the vote suits them, and you wonder why the leave vote won.

Our country is fckd match thread on 15:39 - Mar 15 with 1445 viewscolinallcars

May speaking to the DUP offering “ more assurances on the backstop “ Offering them another two billion quid more like. She might gether deal through at the third time of asking next week.
Our country is fckd match thread on 18:33 - Mar 15 with 1361 viewsQPR_Jim

Our country is fckd match thread on 11:04 - Mar 15 by loftboy

Of course they will, it’s Ireland all over again, keep voting until the vote suits them, and you wonder why the leave vote won.

They have been quite clear that they won't just offer an extension for no reason, so they're going to ask what's the reason for the extension. There's no more negotiations so that's not a reason, taking her deal to another vote is unlikely to be a sufficient reason as she's done that twice, so what other reason is there for an extension?

They're not going to say "yeah take your time mate" and commit to another year dominated by Brexit for no reason. If the boot was on the other foot leavers would absolutely slate them for that if we were staying and say France were leaving. They're looking after those that want to be there not those trying to leave, as you would expect.
Our country is fckd match thread on 09:22 - Mar 16 with 1259 viewsRangersDave

i hear last night that saint Thereasa was planning agead for a 4th vote, with the 3rd vote being the same points as the first 2 votes.

my god, we are indeed, doing a Europe......no we dont accept your vote, go away and think about it and we will keep asking you until you change your mind!

fecking leave and leave and leave now. hope to god someone next week in europe does us a small favour by veto'ing the extension.

WWW.northernphotography.com
Poll: Do we think Rangers wil be mathematically relegated by or on New Years day?

Our country is fckd match thread on 10:45 - Mar 16 with 1227 viewsQPR_Jim

Our country is fckd match thread on 09:22 - Mar 16 by RangersDave

i hear last night that saint Thereasa was planning agead for a 4th vote, with the 3rd vote being the same points as the first 2 votes.

my god, we are indeed, doing a Europe......no we dont accept your vote, go away and think about it and we will keep asking you until you change your mind!

fecking leave and leave and leave now. hope to god someone next week in europe does us a small favour by veto'ing the extension.

I think the only way out of this now is for another referendum with two votes.

Remain - Leave: As per the original vote but with a 60% target needed for remain to overturn the original vote.

Deal - No Deal: Assuming a leave vote is returned do we want May's deal or no deal.

May can't keep having votes on her deal while claiming that the public having another vote is wrong, so we need to learn from the first referendum by putting a threshold above 50% to change current course and then once it's confirmed we are still wanting to leave how do we want to do it so that the government has to follow what the majority want.

What's the problem with that?
Our country is fckd match thread on 10:54 - Mar 16 with 1215 views2Thomas2Bowles

Our country is fckd match thread on 10:45 - Mar 16 by QPR_Jim

I think the only way out of this now is for another referendum with two votes.

Remain - Leave: As per the original vote but with a 60% target needed for remain to overturn the original vote.

Deal - No Deal: Assuming a leave vote is returned do we want May's deal or no deal.

May can't keep having votes on her deal while claiming that the public having another vote is wrong, so we need to learn from the first referendum by putting a threshold above 50% to change current course and then once it's confirmed we are still wanting to leave how do we want to do it so that the government has to follow what the majority want.

What's the problem with that?

That won't suit remainers as they won't get 60% or set themselves up to reach that.
All the talk about people changing their minds and wanting to stay is rubbish and they know that.
[Post edited 16 Mar 2019 10:58]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Our country is fckd match thread on 10:55 - Mar 16 with 1215 viewsjonno

Our country is fckd match thread on 18:33 - Mar 15 by QPR_Jim

They have been quite clear that they won't just offer an extension for no reason, so they're going to ask what's the reason for the extension. There's no more negotiations so that's not a reason, taking her deal to another vote is unlikely to be a sufficient reason as she's done that twice, so what other reason is there for an extension?

They're not going to say "yeah take your time mate" and commit to another year dominated by Brexit for no reason. If the boot was on the other foot leavers would absolutely slate them for that if we were staying and say France were leaving. They're looking after those that want to be there not those trying to leave, as you would expect.

The EU is in a slightly awkward position because with the German and French economies going backwards they will still need the UK's money for the foreseeable future because the other net contributors can't afford to make up the difference when the UK stops contributing. For that reason alone, they will be happy to extend for at least two years, if not even longer, to keep the UK contributing. What they really want, of course, is for the UK to revoke the whole thing.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024