Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our country is fckd match thread 20:04 - Jan 15 with 205769 viewsBlackCrowe

On one side we have a spineless and rudderless government full of self-serving narcissistic cnts utterly divided.

On the other side we have spineless and rudderless opposition full of self-serving narcissistic cnts utterly divided.

Can someone please show us a third way beyond flipping Vince. Failing a Chuka et al third way then Disco, you're the man no to save us from jezwecan, Diane, Sneery Emily and McDonnell no?
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 20:05]

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Our country is fckd match thread on 23:08 - Jan 15 with 2486 viewsdaveB

Our country is fckd match thread on 22:49 - Jan 15 by DWQPR

It very much is an option. Whatever parliament tries to amend with regards to the agreement May made with the EU it is still the only deal on the table and any amendments that then gets a majority vote in Parliament still would need to be ratified by the 27 countries of the EU. Which is highly unlikely, therefore I would suspect that no deal is now the only deal. Bring it on. The loss of £39billion for the EU is too much to ignore.

We do owe them that money and they have made it clear that will have to paid.

I can't see how a no deal can get through parliament, imo the only options are a second vote which just delays things, they go back and negotiate a different deal which is possible or they pull the plug on brexit altogether
Our country is fckd match thread on 23:10 - Jan 15 with 2479 viewsGloryHunter

Our country is fckd match thread on 22:00 - Jan 15 by Bluce_Ree

Corbyn seems like a nice enough bloke with some proper Labour values, rather than being a Tory in c*nt's clothing like everyone since Blair. But people don't like him because he sort of looks like a tramp.

May's fked. If Rhys-C*nt or Boris C*ntson get in somehow then it'll be worse.

All this because Europe demanded we had straighter bananas.

It's all shite.

Er . . . "Europe" never demanded that we had straighter bananas. That myth was created by - believe it or not - Boris Johnson when he was editor of The Spectator. There is no EU directive concerning curvature of bananas.
Our country is fckd match thread on 23:14 - Jan 15 with 2472 viewsLblock

Disappointed Brian McCarthy not keeping people up to date on this match thread
I’ll have to I suppose

Theresa May brings shoddy deal to parliament
CTN

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Our country is fckd match thread on 23:15 - Jan 15 with 2473 viewsQPR_John

Our country is fckd match thread on 22:42 - Jan 15 by colinallcars

I thought TM only selected MP's that supported Brexit for her negotiating team ?

And then sacked them
Our country is fckd match thread on 23:24 - Jan 15 with 2457 viewsDWQPR

Our country is fckd match thread on 23:08 - Jan 15 by daveB

I can't see how a no deal can get through parliament, imo the only options are a second vote which just delays things, they go back and negotiate a different deal which is possible or they pull the plug on brexit altogether

This was a negotiated figure which like anything else can be negotiated. There is no legal obligation on the U.K. making this payment at all.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Our country is fckd match thread on 23:47 - Jan 15 with 2423 viewsplasmahoop

Our country is fckd match thread on 22:18 - Jan 15 by DejR_vu

Article 24 GATT allows for zero tariffs whilst a trade agreement is negotiated I believe.

Good knowledge
Our country is fckd match thread on 23:58 - Jan 15 with 2409 viewsAnonymousR

Our country is fckd match thread on 22:18 - Jan 15 by DejR_vu

Article 24 GATT allows for zero tariffs whilst a trade agreement is negotiated I believe.

Which requires ratification by the EU27.

Which is for a temporary period.

Which would have to have a fixed end date which the EU27 will not agree to, hence the backstop.

Not a goer.
Our country is fckd match thread on 00:03 - Jan 16 with 2405 viewsqprd

Our country is fckd match thread on 23:24 - Jan 15 by DWQPR

This was a negotiated figure which like anything else can be negotiated. There is no legal obligation on the U.K. making this payment at all.

i wish lee hoos had consulted you when he was trying to terminate Steven Caulkers' contracts. "Yes, I know we have a financial commitment, but this was negotiated and we can renegotiate!- so will you please walk away from the millions you are owed?"

Why do you think the EU is going to negotiate against themselves into a position that helps the UK and harms the EU?

Normally when you renegotiate something, you have to make concessions. So to the extent the UK is going to negotiate the divorce bill down, they're going to have to give something up.
Login to get fewer ads

Our country is fckd match thread on 00:05 - Jan 16 with 2401 viewsAnonymousR

Our country is fckd match thread on 20:33 - Jan 15 by 2Thomas2Bowles

When you are the PM that does not want to leave the EU, take a deal to Parliament you know will get rejected

The whole thing is a scam cooked up by May and the EU hoping they can get another Referendum as they did with Irland.
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 20:34]

Wrong.
Our country is fckd match thread on 00:30 - Jan 16 with 2378 viewsAnonymousR

Our country is fckd match thread on 21:49 - Jan 15 by DWQPR

And it would be up to the U.K. the decide whether to collect those tariffs or not and the same would go for those 40 odd other countries. And as for the EU considering that we import more than we export to them we would be tariff positive if we decided to impose them which would help with export subsidies. It does make me laugh when people tell me we will be heading for economic meltdown in a no deal scenario. Will someone please explain to me the facts behind this theory.

Most business is not ready for a no-deal. That means intra-EU trade will stop.

Which tariffs will you collect, at what rates and when? If at the point of departure for EU exports to the UK, you'll be required to do the same to UK exporters increasing the cost to UK manufacturers. What mechanisms will you employ to collect these tariffs? What requirement will you place on manufacturers, wholesalers and retailers to ensure that tariffs are calculated correctly at each stage in the process? How will you differentiate between micro, small, medium and large business requirements? What guidance will you provide to UK financial services to be able to support UK exporters and importers?

The pound will be hammered as other countries pull out of UK - expect a loss of up to 25% of value. This would make imports substantially more expensive.

The 'free movement' of goods is a fallacy. Customs checks would still be required and trade with mainland Europe would shudder to a halt. Particularly important to limit the freedom of movement of people.

All existing EU agreements will stop. E.g. 80% of all radioisotopes used in radiotherapy for cancer patients are imported (Technetium); they come through the Channel Tunnel or are flown to Coventry airport. In the event of no deal these can stop. Send them to Belfast is the usual response to this challenge - it'd still be in the EU. However, most isotopes only have a half-life of 6 hours and the additional traveling time will make half of them unusable. Pay for 100 and you'd get 50 you can use. There are no facilities to move the technical expertise and sensitive equipment to other airports and the UK cannot produce Technetium. It is 'expected' that supplies will continue after March 29 - if you tell the EU you're not paying the £39bn, what motivation would they have to continue that arrangement?

How will you licence EU haulage operators? How will UK haulage be licensed to operate in the EU? How will you create the infrastructure for this in 10 weeks?

That kind of thing?
[Post edited 16 Jan 2019 0:32]
Our country is fckd match thread on 00:54 - Jan 16 with 2358 viewsqprd

And it would be up to the U.K. the decide whether to collect those tariffs or not and the same would go for those 40 odd other countries. And as for the EU considering that we import more than we export to them we would be tariff positive if we decided to impose them which would help with export subsidies. It does make me laugh when people tell me we will be heading for economic meltdown in a no deal scenario. Will someone please explain to me the facts behind this theory.

is this really that difficult to understand?

the pound depreciated significantly as a result of brexit

for a country which imports so much as britain (as you correctly noted), this means that the cost of imported goods goes way up as your depreciated currency goes less far

when you add tariffs to the mix, it further increases prices for consumers. forcing consumers to spend more on day to day goods which reduces their ability to invest in more productive assets

there's a lot wrong with what you said re exports, but the main point is that britains economy is not driven by exports, so your point about exports is irrelevant. labour is too expensive in the UK and the country is not sufficiently resource rich to make this the basis of the UK economy.

the uk's economy is built around financial services- a sector which has been massively affected by brexit. i suggest you look at capital flight just in the last year.

you can defend brexit- but denying the economic impact is pretty daft
Our country is fckd match thread on 02:02 - Jan 16 with 2333 viewsderbyhoop

I recommend Ian Dunt's Brexit: what the hell happens next.

Written in 2016 and updated last year.
Even if you don't agree with him, it's worth reading to see what could happen.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Our country is fckd match thread on 04:10 - Jan 16 with 2309 viewsHitch

Im not at all surprised by this Ive seen how long its taken us to get a fcken training
ground sorted.
Our country is fckd match thread on 06:54 - Jan 16 with 2254 viewsMiss_Terraces

This had to stop right now, I have had enough. I voted Leave, I was wrong! Had I voted remain, I still would have been wrong. Most people on this board,
in this country, in Europe agree that the EU, has been bad for Europe.
We need to come together and fight the eu, instead of each other. We will lose, but at least we won't be divided.
I would take that because that's the best we are going to get.

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

Our country is fckd match thread on 07:44 - Jan 16 with 2187 viewsLblock

Our country is fckd match thread on 00:30 - Jan 16 by AnonymousR

Most business is not ready for a no-deal. That means intra-EU trade will stop.

Which tariffs will you collect, at what rates and when? If at the point of departure for EU exports to the UK, you'll be required to do the same to UK exporters increasing the cost to UK manufacturers. What mechanisms will you employ to collect these tariffs? What requirement will you place on manufacturers, wholesalers and retailers to ensure that tariffs are calculated correctly at each stage in the process? How will you differentiate between micro, small, medium and large business requirements? What guidance will you provide to UK financial services to be able to support UK exporters and importers?

The pound will be hammered as other countries pull out of UK - expect a loss of up to 25% of value. This would make imports substantially more expensive.

The 'free movement' of goods is a fallacy. Customs checks would still be required and trade with mainland Europe would shudder to a halt. Particularly important to limit the freedom of movement of people.

All existing EU agreements will stop. E.g. 80% of all radioisotopes used in radiotherapy for cancer patients are imported (Technetium); they come through the Channel Tunnel or are flown to Coventry airport. In the event of no deal these can stop. Send them to Belfast is the usual response to this challenge - it'd still be in the EU. However, most isotopes only have a half-life of 6 hours and the additional traveling time will make half of them unusable. Pay for 100 and you'd get 50 you can use. There are no facilities to move the technical expertise and sensitive equipment to other airports and the UK cannot produce Technetium. It is 'expected' that supplies will continue after March 29 - if you tell the EU you're not paying the £39bn, what motivation would they have to continue that arrangement?

How will you licence EU haulage operators? How will UK haulage be licensed to operate in the EU? How will you create the infrastructure for this in 10 weeks?

That kind of thing?
[Post edited 16 Jan 2019 0:32]

You forgot to mention that planes will fall out of the sky, the supply of aspirin will evaporate over night and everyone who voted Leave will grow horns.

I do wonder what the suppliers of all these goods to the UK will make of this fact you purport that they simply won’t be able to sell us these things or they’ll be stopped from getting them here by EU red tape. Seems draconian to me and Norway etc must feel very isolated not being in the club, or maybe nobody has cancer there?

Project Fear ramping its notches up nicely

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Our country is fckd match thread on 08:07 - Jan 16 with 2154 viewsEsox_Lucius

Is "Project fear" the new "Snowflake" insult?

The grass is always greener.

Our country is fckd match thread on 08:47 - Jan 16 with 2090 views2Thomas2Bowles

Our country is fckd match thread on 00:05 - Jan 16 by AnonymousR

Wrong.

Hmm
This morning Donald Tusk says the UK should cancel Brexit...

I'm not wrong.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Our country is fckd match thread on 08:58 - Jan 16 with 2074 viewsqueensparker

Our country is fckd match thread on 23:08 - Jan 15 by daveB

Unfortunately it doesn't matter whether no deal gets through parliament or not, it's happening by law. It's the default position, not something that requires anyone's permission. Either we extend Article 50, take May's deal, or it's no deal.

Anyone that thinks "no deal" is a good thing needs their head examined. We'll essentially be declaring trade war on ourselves, ripping up our entire administrative and legal framework, and expecting the current government - the worst in the UK's history - to be able to handle the fallout.

I know the EU wasn't perfect but this is not the way to leave. Nobody benefits except those with a lot of money behind them to sweep through the ruins of a massively distressed country, who did it to themselves. Don't believe all the "no deal" propaganda that's now flavour of the month for The Sun etc - it's utter bollox.
Our country is fckd match thread on 08:59 - Jan 16 with 2069 viewsToast_R

The UK votes to leave the European Union - CTN

May : We were below par where it mattered and that's disappointing, but we'll dust ourselves down and we go again...

Corbyn : It a fentastic club, but you'd have to ask the chairman...
Our country is fckd match thread on 09:10 - Jan 16 with 2049 views2Thomas2Bowles

Our country is fckd match thread on 00:05 - Jan 16 by AnonymousR

Wrong.

dp
[Post edited 16 Jan 2019 9:10]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Our country is fckd match thread on 09:13 - Jan 16 with 2045 viewsPhildo

Whole system seems broken - the Tories are totally split - labour backbenchers united in despising Corbyn- PM in office but totally stripped of real authority and in any event as politically deft as a brick wall. No sign of a decent leader in sight. Boris awaits.The parties are not actually splitting because of fear of first past the post voting and losing the party infrastructure. Both parties membership subject to hostile takeover(momentum and ukip). Very dispiriting times. I think Lee Hoos could be needed.
Our country is fckd match thread on 09:14 - Jan 16 with 2045 viewsplasmahoop

I just wonder if we end up with no brexit, or a corbyn government, will Davis, Rees mogg, Johnson etc wish they had voted for this deal. There was a deal to leave in two months. And they've turned it down. God knows what's going to happen now
Our country is fckd match thread on 09:21 - Jan 16 with 2030 viewsMiss_Terraces

Our country is fckd match thread on 09:13 - Jan 16 by Phildo

Whole system seems broken - the Tories are totally split - labour backbenchers united in despising Corbyn- PM in office but totally stripped of real authority and in any event as politically deft as a brick wall. No sign of a decent leader in sight. Boris awaits.The parties are not actually splitting because of fear of first past the post voting and losing the party infrastructure. Both parties membership subject to hostile takeover(momentum and ukip). Very dispiriting times. I think Lee Hoos could be needed.

Lee Hoos?
The only thing, that can get us out of this mess, is a Maverick
[Post edited 16 Jan 2019 9:59]

Poll: Why are you a QPR supporter?

Our country is fckd match thread on 09:35 - Jan 16 with 2002 viewsrobith

Our country is fckd match thread on 22:08 - Jan 15 by WatfordR

Well the point I'm making is that since the Referendum, those who voted Remain have had no political representation whatsoever. If there is significant enough support amongst the electorate for Remain, any party offering a Remain manifesto would take votes from Tories and Labour alike, and potentially could break the hung parliament situation we have now, if they managed a campaign with enough energy and imagination.

And I think it's a little disingenuous to implicitly suggest that there aren't more than a few deranged individuals on the Leave side of the campaign
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 22:11]

I guess the issue is that the Remain vote isn't distributed equally across the electoral map, and is mostly stacked in large urban centres. Pretty much all of the bellweather swing seats voted Leave, by solid margins. Tbh if Corbyn had backed remain in the last election, Labour would've been trounced.

I wasn't talking about the political leaders, I was talking general public. Go on twitter and search for FBPE. Absolute ghouls
Our country is fckd match thread on 09:50 - Jan 16 with 1959 viewsdaveB

Our country is fckd match thread on 08:58 - Jan 16 by queensparker

Unfortunately it doesn't matter whether no deal gets through parliament or not, it's happening by law. It's the default position, not something that requires anyone's permission. Either we extend Article 50, take May's deal, or it's no deal.

Anyone that thinks "no deal" is a good thing needs their head examined. We'll essentially be declaring trade war on ourselves, ripping up our entire administrative and legal framework, and expecting the current government - the worst in the UK's history - to be able to handle the fallout.

I know the EU wasn't perfect but this is not the way to leave. Nobody benefits except those with a lot of money behind them to sweep through the ruins of a massively distressed country, who did it to themselves. Don't believe all the "no deal" propaganda that's now flavour of the month for The Sun etc - it's utter bollox.

I just think if they don't agree anything with the EU, which seems likely, then article 50 will be extended, I can't see a no deal happening. Its been used to try and scare people into backing this deal and has backfired as it got more support than the deal.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024