Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our country is fckd match thread 20:04 - Jan 15 with 202321 viewsBlackCrowe

On one side we have a spineless and rudderless government full of self-serving narcissistic cnts utterly divided.

On the other side we have spineless and rudderless opposition full of self-serving narcissistic cnts utterly divided.

Can someone please show us a third way beyond flipping Vince. Failing a Chuka et al third way then Disco, you're the man no to save us from jezwecan, Diane, Sneery Emily and McDonnell no?
[Post edited 15 Jan 2019 20:05]

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Our country is fckd match thread on 11:10 - Mar 19 with 2118 viewsQPR_John

The EU do not want us to leave. Not because they love us but they want our money and also once one country leaves it leaves the door open to others. Brussels wants to protect the club and good luck to them. But let's get real the EU did not negotiate to get a good deal that would satisfy both sides they "negotiated" to stop us leaving or at least ensure it will not be easy to leave. If nothing else this was to warn other members. It was never a case of OK you've voted to leave let's make it as painless as possible but more like we're do everything to protect the European project.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2019 11:14]
Our country is fckd match thread on 11:18 - Mar 19 with 2106 viewsBasingstokeR

Our country is fckd match thread on 09:20 - Mar 19 by AnonymousR

This thread by an MP on Twitter describes the complexity of parliament's position.

Your version of leave isn't the same as all of these, so why should your version take precedence?

And this is why essentially Pandora's Box was opened when our leaders planned and legislated and implemented the Referendum the way they did; it was doomed to turn out a ridiculous mess well before the vote itself happened in June 2016.

There were warning signs and warnings; but they "just got on with it".
Our country is fckd match thread on 11:18 - Mar 19 with 2104 viewsMaggsinho

Our country is fckd match thread on 11:10 - Mar 19 by QPR_John

The EU do not want us to leave. Not because they love us but they want our money and also once one country leaves it leaves the door open to others. Brussels wants to protect the club and good luck to them. But let's get real the EU did not negotiate to get a good deal that would satisfy both sides they "negotiated" to stop us leaving or at least ensure it will not be easy to leave. If nothing else this was to warn other members. It was never a case of OK you've voted to leave let's make it as painless as possible but more like we're do everything to protect the European project.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2019 11:14]

I don't think any other country would watch us leave like this and think that looks a good idea!
Our country is fckd match thread on 11:49 - Mar 19 with 2075 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Our country is fckd match thread on 11:18 - Mar 19 by Maggsinho

I don't think any other country would watch us leave like this and think that looks a good idea!

Well whether they decide it is a good idea would depend on how it pans out long term, not this period of negotiating.
Our country is fckd match thread on 12:17 - Mar 19 with 2053 viewsGloryHunter

Is anyone familiar with Chaos Theory?

"ABSURD INTERVENTION: Just two weeks before we hit default Brexit Day, the U.K. voluntarily opted into EU policies it doesn’t need to be a part of.
Seriously? In a letter dated March 14 and obtained by Playbook, U.K. Ambassador Tim Barrow told the Romanian presidency of the Council that Britain “wishes to accept” recent changes to the rules governing Eurojust, the EU agency coordinating cross-border judicial cooperation. (Reminder: The U.K. is allowed to not take part in common legislation on matters of security, justice and home affairs.)
There’s more: In a similar letter, also dated March 14 and obtained by Playbook, Barrow informed the Romanians the U.K. wants in on a beefed-up Eurodac, the common database that stores fingerprints of migrants who cross external EU borders. Britain’s formal notifications – a unilateral affair which needs neither permission nor sanction by the EU – were filed March 14 with the Council Registry.
Let us spell this out for you: The United Kingdom, halfway out the door of the European Union, has decided to integrate its own security policies more deeply with the rest of the bloc, in a last-minute move to get access to EU data.
UK reaction: “The U.K. is committed to the security and safety of U.K. and EU citizens, as set out in the joint Political Declaration,” a U.K. spokesperson told Playbook when asked about the rationale behind the decisions. Britain particularly “values the role of Eurojust in helping law enforcement and prosecution agencies coordinate investigations in cross-border organized crime and terrorism,” they added."
Our country is fckd match thread on 13:53 - Mar 19 with 1947 viewsQPR_John

Our country is fckd match thread on 12:17 - Mar 19 by GloryHunter

Is anyone familiar with Chaos Theory?

"ABSURD INTERVENTION: Just two weeks before we hit default Brexit Day, the U.K. voluntarily opted into EU policies it doesn’t need to be a part of.
Seriously? In a letter dated March 14 and obtained by Playbook, U.K. Ambassador Tim Barrow told the Romanian presidency of the Council that Britain “wishes to accept” recent changes to the rules governing Eurojust, the EU agency coordinating cross-border judicial cooperation. (Reminder: The U.K. is allowed to not take part in common legislation on matters of security, justice and home affairs.)
There’s more: In a similar letter, also dated March 14 and obtained by Playbook, Barrow informed the Romanians the U.K. wants in on a beefed-up Eurodac, the common database that stores fingerprints of migrants who cross external EU borders. Britain’s formal notifications – a unilateral affair which needs neither permission nor sanction by the EU – were filed March 14 with the Council Registry.
Let us spell this out for you: The United Kingdom, halfway out the door of the European Union, has decided to integrate its own security policies more deeply with the rest of the bloc, in a last-minute move to get access to EU data.
UK reaction: “The U.K. is committed to the security and safety of U.K. and EU citizens, as set out in the joint Political Declaration,” a U.K. spokesperson told Playbook when asked about the rationale behind the decisions. Britain particularly “values the role of Eurojust in helping law enforcement and prosecution agencies coordinate investigations in cross-border organized crime and terrorism,” they added."

Surely cross border cooperation in terms of security and safety of citizens is something all governments should encompass regardless of what club you belong to.

On another subject just watched politics live on BBC. It was suggested should there be a long extension then both Conservatives and Labour would both get bloody noses in the European elections. The labour MP, I suppose it could be any MP, stated without a hint of irony that she had it on good authority that legally if the extension was only up to next December we would not have to contest the elections. Democracy!!!!!!!!!!
[Post edited 19 Mar 2019 13:58]
Our country is fckd match thread on 14:03 - Mar 19 with 1935 viewsNorthernr

How's it going? Good?
Our country is fckd match thread on 14:11 - Mar 19 with 1914 views2Thomas2Bowles

Our country is fckd match thread on 14:03 - Mar 19 by Northernr

How's it going? Good?

Well in a way yes, it pretty much shows there is no real change in opinion, a micro sample of the wider opinion of UK voters.

We are probably closer to agreeing Mp's are a bunch of Kants.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2019 14:13]

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Login to get fewer ads

Our country is fckd match thread on 14:19 - Mar 19 with 1896 viewsCaptainPugwash

Arrrrrrrrr......

'e old sayin' goes that MPs be like bananas:

They start out green
They turns yellow
And they all be bent.

Yo Ho!
Our country is fckd match thread on 14:34 - Mar 19 with 1881 viewsBucksRanger

Our country is fckd match thread on 16:17 - Mar 19 with 1803 viewskensalriser

Parliament is not beholden to a former PM from the previous Parliament.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Our country is fckd match thread on 16:29 - Mar 19 with 1787 views2Thomas2Bowles

Our country is fckd match thread on 16:17 - Mar 19 by kensalriser

Parliament is not beholden to a former PM from the previous Parliament.

And yet they mostly all voted in favour of the referendum.

Our country is fckd match thread on 16:30 - Mar 19 with 1786 viewsderbyhoop

Our country is fckd match thread on 20:34 - Mar 18 by 2Thomas2Bowles

You are right really
MP's voted against Mays deal only it's the only deal the EU dictates to us making it their deal, so at that point, we should have said ok we are out on the 29th with no deal.

But the conspiracy then came on again by Mp's voting we can't leave without a deal.

Talk about hogtied, feck me these bastards should be out on their ears.

"the EU dictates to us making it their deal"?

Would that be the same EU dictating the need for the backstop, which is the only way to accommodate May's red lines of no hard border, no customs union and no single market. It was proposed by UK negotiators.

When you start taking aim at who is to blame, it would be a good idea to aim at the right target.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Our country is fckd match thread on 16:59 - Mar 19 with 1760 viewsGloryHunter

The Pound appears to be rising against the Euro, on the hopes of a People's Vote - it was €1.13 on Saturday and it's €1.17 now. Might be a good time to buy at least some of your holiday money, in case it doesn't happen and the Pound crashes again.
Our country is fckd match thread on 17:10 - Mar 19 with 1749 viewsPhildo

Can Bobby Ewing come out of the shower and the last 3 years just be forgotten about now? Plenty of passion on both sides here but fk me I wish we could just knock the whole thing on the head and never mention it again.
Our country is fckd match thread on 17:15 - Mar 19 with 1743 viewsderbyhoop

Whichever way you voted you have to admit it is a complete clusterf**k. Yesterday's decision by the Speaker just adds to the questions.

Why would the Speaker overturn a 400 year old rule?
Why, after record defeats on May's deal, and with no change between MV2 and any (likely) MV3, would MPs change their vote?
Were they playing political games?
Are they playing political games, now?
If we have to ask for an A50 extension - how long? UK cannot, logistically, make the preparations necessary by end of March. Even though, in the absence of further legislation, it is the default.
Will the EU grant an extension? It has to be unanimous among EU27?
Are they so fed up with May's broken promises that they would be justified in saying no?
If we have an A50 extension beyond June, we will have to hold European Parliamentary elections. Any body fancy standing?

Given that we have had 2 years minus 10 days to sort out what we want, are we capable of reaching a consensus in the next 2 years?

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Our country is fckd match thread on 17:35 - Mar 19 with 1720 viewsFredManRave

Our country is fckd match thread on 14:03 - Mar 19 by Northernr

How's it going? Good?

Can't believe that there's such a long thread on lfw that's been going on for ages, takes up so much space and yet is only read and replied to by a handful of people.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Our country is fckd match thread on 17:59 - Mar 19 with 1694 viewsQPR_John

Our country is fckd match thread on 17:15 - Mar 19 by derbyhoop

Whichever way you voted you have to admit it is a complete clusterf**k. Yesterday's decision by the Speaker just adds to the questions.

Why would the Speaker overturn a 400 year old rule?
Why, after record defeats on May's deal, and with no change between MV2 and any (likely) MV3, would MPs change their vote?
Were they playing political games?
Are they playing political games, now?
If we have to ask for an A50 extension - how long? UK cannot, logistically, make the preparations necessary by end of March. Even though, in the absence of further legislation, it is the default.
Will the EU grant an extension? It has to be unanimous among EU27?
Are they so fed up with May's broken promises that they would be justified in saying no?
If we have an A50 extension beyond June, we will have to hold European Parliamentary elections. Any body fancy standing?

Given that we have had 2 years minus 10 days to sort out what we want, are we capable of reaching a consensus in the next 2 years?

"If we have an A50 extension beyond June, we will have to hold European Parliamentary elections. Any body fancy standing? "

As I mentioned above at least one MP seems to think there is a strong legal argument that if the extension does not go beyond December there is a legal case that there is no need for the UK to hold this elections. What happens if come December and we have not had the election but the extension is extended is anybodies guess.
Our country is fckd match thread on 18:26 - Mar 19 with 1661 viewsWatfordR

Our country is fckd match thread on 17:35 - Mar 19 by FredManRave

Can't believe that there's such a long thread on lfw that's been going on for ages, takes up so much space and yet is only read and replied to by a handful of people.

Suspect there are plenty reading it, but many have just given up trying to put across opinions or arguments as no one contributing to the thread is prepared to change their stance under any circumstances.
Our country is fckd match thread on 18:37 - Mar 19 with 1652 viewsQPR_John

Our country is fckd match thread on 18:26 - Mar 19 by WatfordR

Suspect there are plenty reading it, but many have just given up trying to put across opinions or arguments as no one contributing to the thread is prepared to change their stance under any circumstances.

Well I've changed. While I will continue to argue against the EU I know when I am beaten. Just seen Barnier on TV sceptical about an extension, MPs have voted against no deal so the only logical course is for the government to revoke A50.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2019 18:41]
Our country is fckd match thread on 18:37 - Mar 19 with 1651 viewsPinnerPaul

Our country is fckd match thread on 18:26 - Mar 19 by WatfordR

Just like parliament then!
Our country is fckd match thread on 18:50 - Mar 19 with 1637 viewscolinallcars

Nelson, Wellington, Churchill.... Bercow !
Our country is fckd match thread on 20:16 - Mar 19 with 1554 views2Thomas2Bowles

I've come to the conclusion that many remaines hate the UK, have no pride for it and are apologists for everything supposedly bad we have done to the rest of the world.

The gap between rich and poor grows with great haste as free movement and more countries joining the EU put even not stain on to infrastructure of the country that is even now at breaking point, NHS, Housing, Education, Transport.

Many years of hung parliaments await.
Many years of anger at the establishment.
Many years of infighting of parties.

The Uk it truly FECKED by the gutless wonders.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2019 20:33]

Our country is fckd match thread on 20:37 - Mar 19 with 1520 viewsconnell10

Our country is fckd match thread on 20:16 - Mar 19 by 2Thomas2Bowles

I've come to the conclusion that many remaines hate the UK, have no pride for it and are apologists for everything supposedly bad we have done to the rest of the world.

The gap between rich and poor grows with great haste as free movement and more countries joining the EU put even not stain on to infrastructure of the country that is even now at breaking point, NHS, Housing, Education, Transport.

Many years of hung parliaments await.
Many years of anger at the establishment.
Many years of infighting of parties.

The Uk it truly FECKED by the gutless wonders.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2019 20:33]

I voted remain and love the UK , so kindly f uck off!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Our country is fckd match thread on 20:47 - Mar 19 with 1511 views2Thomas2Bowles

Our country is fckd match thread on 20:37 - Mar 19 by connell10

I voted remain and love the UK , so kindly f uck off!

Haha I said many, not all
so feck off yourself
But do tell me I'm wrong about everything else I've said about the country, everything will be just dandy by remaining. it will solve everything right?

I mean there was nothing wrong with it in the first place for anyone voting to leave.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2019 20:51]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024